Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #7: The Arena

Hm, I suppose we should distribute them. You can decide how you want to do that, Cronk, but maybe people who haven't fought yet may find a better use out of them.

Cronk agree, friend Hybros. Cronk will give Rogue Jess the Red Pellet, Rogue Henry the Blue Pellet, and let Rogue Hybros keep the Yellow Pellet.Cronk only other friend not fight yet. Use pellets wisely, Cronk's friends.

<The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle.>

Strange...maybe we can conclude soemthing from the colors of the pellets? Although I have no idea what we could conclude.

I'd think someone should try to eat one right before the next battle begins. Maybe one of the weaker heroes. :grin: Just because the party's loss is smaller in case they do something bad to me, er, I mean, us, but I, er, whoever eats it, would be more capable of competing in case it has some helpful effect. Not that I'd suggest any particular hero to take it, just saying in general. :grin:

And it looks like the only way out is overwhelming the guards.

Does it cost extra time to find out what they're armed with?

<Everything costs extra time! And hurry it up, I want to get back to the fighting!>

If Rogue Henry want to eat pill, Cronk would suggest maybe waiting to see if Rogue Henry is picked for next fight. Or Rogue Henry can do it now. Rogue Henry's choice.

Cronk thinks Cronk's friends will have to wait until later time to try escape. Any of Cronk's friends disagree?

Fighting time come soon. Cronk wishes all friends luck and Cronk hopes to see all friends alive at escaping time.

<Remember that there is no time between fights. IF you want to eat the pellets, you should do it now! :classic: >

Jess accepted the pellet, with caution.

"I'll take my chances with eating it."

Jess will eat her pellet.

Jess pops her pellet and a red aura covers her body. She begins to shake violently and her eyes roll. The others run to her, but are thrown back. Suddenly, it all stops, and Jess feels her body grow stronger from the experience! Her power goes up one permanently.

Jess Islanti

6042579809_6e41d8c052_t.jpgJess Islanti (played by cralegoboy)

Level 6 Rogue

74 year old female Elf.

Power: 13 (12 + 1)

Health: 12/12

Gold: 30

Inventory: 1x Sword of Power (WP: 6, suitable for barbarians, knights, and rogues)

Hehe... good results for the she-elf, why not me?

I'll pop the yellow pellet.

Jess shudders, feeling a new power in her arms. Her sword seemed lighter. Her footsteps seemed quicker. Jess grinned, and looked to Hybros, who was popping his pellet.

Hybros pops his pellet. Suddenly, a yellow glow starts to shine from his skin. His black skin turns green and he starts to empty the last meal he had onto the floor of the cavern. Suddenly it all stops, and Hybros feels sick and light-headed.

Hybros

6043175947_18b74f9140_t.jpg(played by JimButcher)

Level 7 Rogue

50 years old male imp

Power: 11

Health: 10/10 (13 - 3: This will be restored when Hybros drinks a Grand Tonic)

Gold: 35

Inventory: Mockthril Longsword (WP: 4, suitable for knights and rogues)

Edited by Zepher

Hybros keels over, and removes his kerchief. Black liquid spills out of his mouth, the color of his digestive fluids mixed in with some tree leaves he ate back in Freeport. He hadn't felt this sick since his first exposure to surface light...

Aw... belch... I pay my blood for these pellets and this is how I'm repayed? Blech... hack hack... ugh...

The heroes may use the remaining time to figure out if they would like to escape now, or wait. Currently, Garrison would fight by their side, but no others would. Make a choice to fight the guards, or keep fighting in the arena and see if things improve. Henry may also eat his pellet if he so chooses, or add it to his inventory and give it away when he returns to the hall.

What all Cronk's friends think? There 11 guards and only 6 of Cronk's friends. With fake skeleton man that pretend strong when weak, that make 7. Cronk not like those odds so much. But Cronk not know how many we have left when later time comes. Maybe lose more friends than gain. Mr. Hat Man also say may be fewer guards but friends cannot be sure of that fact. Cronk want to hear from friends before make decision.

I wish there was some way to test the strength of the guards. For all we know, they could be weak grunts and/or petty thieves put there to intimidate us.

Part of me says god has placed a lot of guards at the gate and dangled the prospect of healing in front of us in order to make us decide to wait, and that we should do the opposite of what god wants.

Henry looks at the guards, feeling uneasy: "I don't think we'd have a good chance fighting them now, I think we should wait for the next break, like that guy with the hat said."

I'd like to take my pellet now as well.

OOC: Sorry, should have been bolded.

"Indeed, maybe we should wait another round of combat before we try to overcome te guards. If we can show the other fighters our battle prowess by winning fights, maybe they'll join us in an uprising then." Eric stated. "I'm not afraid to fight now, but the numbers are against us."

"We haven't talked to the other two fighters yet, they might have some useful information and we could find out if there's a possibility of them joining us later. I'd talk to them, but my people skills are a bit...non-existent. :grin: Maybe Cronk should do so, as a knight he should be able to gain more than us, and in general you just can't dislike him."

I say we go for another round. Two of our allies are down anyway, and will not be healed until the cleric supposedly arrives and heals us. After we're healed, let's attack the guards.

The only thing I have against going another round is that that will probably mean fighting one of us or one of those contestants that we want to join us in fighting the guards. Going another round could make us weaker, even if there is a Cleric to heal us.

OOC: Sorry, should have been bolded.

Henry pops his pellet. Blue light bursts forward from his eyes and he stumbles around for a while. Once the light dies down, he is dizzy, but holds onto a wall and feel better. He feels like he is tougher. His skin feels thicker, his armor bigger, his agility more agility-esque. He has gained one health.

Henry Sicariul

heroicaava02.jpg(played by Peanuts)

Level 1 Rogue

22 Years old Male Human

Power: 4

Health: 8/8

Gold: 5

Inventory: 1x Shuriken (WP: 3, suitable for rogues and rangers)

Cronk agree that Cronk's friends should wait and see what situation like later and try escape then. Cronk think if Cronk try talking to more contestants, time will be up anyway. But Cronk try anyway. Cronk will talk to blond man in armor.

Greetings future friend of Cronk. That nice armor. Is stainless steel or carbon steel? :sweet: Cronk and friends were wondering how Armored Man would feel about escaping this place either now or later when opportunity arises. What say Armored Man?

The man introduces himself as Hans.

DSCN0042.jpg

"I've been here before. They kept me after I won... apparently I was a crowd favorite. There's no point in trying to escape, I've seen it tried and it can't be done. Also, your friends? They were good fighters. If they hadn't been, Draco or Wren would have had 'em killed. Means that they're still somewhere. In cells or something. A cleric heals 'em up and they're used some other time. If you guys make it out, I'll help you out, but not before then."

Time Remaining: 2 (If Time reaches 0, the next round is automatically started.)

Edited by Zepher