Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #7: The Arena

The heroes equip themselves. They may no longer exchange what they have with each other. Each hero admires their new weapon.

Bartholomew Docken

ava-bartholomew.png(played by Brickdoctor)

Level 6 Ranger

31-year old human male

Power: 10

Health: 12/12

Gold: 40

Inventory: 1x Mockthril Crossbow (WP: 4, suitable for rangers)

Sir Christopher Daggerfall

019.JPG(played by Fred Fred Burger)

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

Power: 11

Health: 15\15

Gold: 12

Inventory: 1x Great Sword (WP: 5, suitable for barbarians and knights)

Cronk (Party Leader)

6040477366_1cbdd80346_t.jpg

Level 6 Knight

28 years old Male Orc

Power: 9

Health: 15/15

Gold: 0

Inventory: Bronze Longsword (WP: 3, suitable for knights and rogues)

Eric

eric_small.jpg(played by Khorne)

Level 7 Barbarian

30 year old Male Norse Human

Health: 14/14

Gold: 65

Inventory: Mockthril Club (WP: 4, suitable for barbarians)

Thothwick

ava-thothwick.jpg (played by Professor Flitwick)

Level 1 Rouge

44 year old male Metasimian

Power: 6

Health: 7

Gold: 10

Inventory: 1x Shuriken of Mercutio (WP: 5, suitable for rouges and rangers)

Jess Islanti

6042579809_6e41d8c052_t.jpgJess Islanti (played by cralegoboy)

Level 6 Rogue

74 year old female Elf.

Power: 12

Gold: 30

Inventory: 1x Sword of Power (WP: 6, suitable for barbarians, knights, and rogues)

Hybros

6043175947_18b74f9140_t.jpg(played by JimButcher)

Level 7 Rogue

50 years old male imp

Gold: 35

Inventory: Mockthril Longsword (WP: 4, suitable for knights and rogues)

Henry Sicariul

heroicaava02.jpg(played by Peanuts)

Level 1 Rogue

22 Years old Male Human

Power: 4

Health: 7/7

Gold: 5

Inventory: 1x Shuriken (WP: 3, suitable for rogues and rangers)

Suddenly, without warning, guards appear and drag Master Docken and an Orc Contestant from the room. The others can only watch. Master Docken is brought down a long dark hallway, and then thrown into a metal cage. Suddenly light appears above Master Docken and the cage, now obviously an elevator, begins to rise. A crowd cheers. Master Docken is in the arena. A man walks forward onto a platform far above in the crowd. He stands in a private box, a central box, and when he appears, the crowd falls silent.

DSCN0792.jpg

“Welcome to the games!” cries the man. The crowd screams in pleasure. “I am your master of ceremonies, Draconius Draco!” The crowd cheers again. Master Docken looks around him. High circular walls surround the arena, preventing escape, and the floor of his cage prevent him from going back the way he came up. He is stuck in the arena, alone on the sandy ground save for one other cage. He can see the Orc in it. The Orc looks nervous.

DSCN0788.jpg

Draconius continues. “Today, we have two special treats for you. Our patron, Lady Wren, has honored us by coming to this round of the games.” The crowd cheers even more uproariously as a beautiful and dark woman steps out onto the platform.

DSCN0793.jpg

“Secondly, Lady Wren has collected for us true champions to compete here! No longer will you have to watch bandits fight bandits. Lady Wren has used his connections to collect... heroes from Heroica Hall! They shall be your fighters in these upcoming battles!” The crowd goes berserk. The walls of Master Docken’s cage fall away, they must be rigged up to do so, and the Orc’s doors do the same.

DSCN0790.jpg

“Now,” booms Draconius. “Fight to the death!”

DSCN0794.jpg

Name: Orc Contestant

Type: Humanoid

Level: 3

Health: 20/20

Special: Evasion – Takes half damage the following turn

Drops: 10 Gold

Bartholomew Docken

Level 6 Ranger

31-year old human male

PLEASE NO OTHER PLAYERS POST! I hope to run these fights quickly so that you don't get bored.

Edited by Zepher

So...

May I ask what else you expect me to do in Round One other than attack the Orc Contestant from the back row? :look::tongue:

(Hehe, didn't expect you to do much but what you did :P)

(Hehe, didn't expect you to do much but what you did :P)

Docken fires quickly, before the Orc is able to properly move out of the cage. His arrow flies true and quick and pierce the Orc in the side. The Orc roars in pain and stumbles out of the elevator, bleeding upon the sand. Docken quickly reloads and dashes forward.

Health: 10/20

Bartholomew Docken

Level 6 Ranger

31-year old human male

PLEASE NO OTHER PLAYERS POST! I hope to run these fights quickly so that you don't get bored.

Um...hmm...I really can't decide what to do...

I'll have to put a good amount of thought into this one...

OH! I KNOW! I'll attack the Orc Contestant from the back row again! Neither he nor god will ever see that coming! :sweet:

:poke:

<out of character>I assume that was a normal Hit? Could you please post what I rolled, just so I know? Thanks. </out of character>

<QM's apology: Of course, yes, see, this is why I need people training me! Thanks for being a tester Doctor, :wub: That last one was indeed a hit!>

Docken again takes AIM, but this time some sand gets into the workings of the crossbow and it fires with only half the speed it normally does. The Orc dodges it, for the most part, but the arrow skims his face and he begins to bleed on his right cheek, suffering 4 damage. Docken fiddles with the crossbow as the Orc cries out.

"Please! I don't know where I am. I have a tribe! Let me live. I don't know how I got here. They just took me. They just took me."

Health: 6/20

Bartholomew Docken

Level 6 Ranger

31-year old human male

The sky wonders who you are addressing.... you may make any choice you please that makes sense, at any point in my quest. You can try to scale the walls if you so please. You can try to spare the orc. You can try to build a bomb. You may attack. Obviously, you will have more luck doing the 2nd or 4th action than the 3rd.

...You can try to build a bomb....Obviously, you will have more luck doing the 2nd or 4th action than the 3rd.

:roflmao:

What the heck, I'm no chivalrous Knight. I attack the Orc Contestant from the back row. :devil_laugh:

Docken loads his crossbow one last time - it is a hit! The Orc is pierced through the eye and suffers 10 damage. Bleeding profusely, he falls down, and coughs for a few moments before lying still.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Master Docken gets a level of experience. The enemies drop 10 gold.

Bartholomew Docken

Level 7 Ranger

31-year old human male

Health: 13/13

Gold: 50

The crowd goes berserk. Docken looks up to the box where Draconius and Wren sit. Draconius is on his feet, applauding wildly, a huge smile playing across his face. Lady Wren sits, her smile contained but visible. The sun reflects suddenly off of something in her hand, which she stows in her cloak quickly. Docken steps back into the elevator and is brought back down. The guards grab him and hustle him back into the cavern where the other heroes await.

Two more contestants, two that the heroes don’t know, are dragged out. The bigger of the two, named Hans, returns, and boasts that he is a returning champion and so disposed of his enemy with ease. The heroes realize with discomfort that even in the case that they win, they will not be set free, and cannot return with reinforcements to stop these bloody games. This is one them.

Suddenly, Christopher Daggerfall is grabbed by the guards. He takes the same path as Master Docken, and is soon in the elevator. They are raised to the arena, and Draconius’ voice rings out. “Fight to the death!” The walls to Daggerfall's cage fall away and they face a barbarian human from far away.

DSCN0797.jpg

Name: Barbarian Contestant

Level: 4

Health: 30/30

Special: Hammer of Gods – Takes away half of the targeted enemies’ health.

Drops: Hammer of Gods (WP: 4, suitable for Barbarians)

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

OCC<Geez sorry for taking so long , I got home just now.:look: It's pretty safe to say that I won't be able to post until about 2:30 Eastern time every day, I hope that won't be a problem.>

Chris eyes his barbarous opponent, this wasn't quite the chivalrous tournament he had dreamed of. He turned to his opponent "may the best warrior win". He then hefted his heavy new sword and attacked the Barbarian Contestant from the front row.

The battle begins! The barbarian charges forward, screaming with excitement. Sir Daggerfall takes up the Sentinel position to protect himself.

Health: 30/30

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

<Because Sir Daggerfall will not take damage next round, the next round is played automatically... I think, right?>

The Barbarian charges forward and smashes his hammer against Sir Daggerfall's shield, but it does not damage to the good night. The knight then swings his sword, but the Barbarian is quick and sidesteps the attack, which misses. What will Sr. Daggerfall do next?

Sir Daggerfall lunges forward and stabs the barbarian in the arm, a clear hit dealing 11 damage. Warm red blood flies forward, splatting onto the knight. "My hair!" he exclaims. The barbarian yells a battle cry. "It is a honor to fight such a foe, though I would have preferred to fight you in a place with more honor than this!"

Health: 19/30

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

Chris turned to his opponent, sheer determination in his eyes. " I'm sorry it came to this.

You are as a honorable opponent I could ask for in this cursed place, which has claimed so many innocent lives (like ... my hair:cry_sad:)

but enough talk, it's time to finish this." Chris Attacked his opponent from the front row (just to mix things up a little:tongue:.)

Christopher Daggerfall lifts up his sword and begins to swing it down, but before he is able to do so the Hammer of Gods hits him from the side, swung full force. There is a clap of of thunder and Christopher is flung into a wall. Using it's special power, half of his health is drained. He shakily gets to his feet and coughs. The crowd's cheers ring in his ears.

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

Health: 8\15

Chris pushed himself out of the dirt ,coughing up blood. "This is not going well." he mumbled to himself.

He attacked the Barbarian from the front row, putting everything he had into his strike.

Once more Chistopher raises his sword, but he is unable to even get off the groound before the hammer swings in an arc into his chest, sending him flying. Again, the magic of the hammer uses special damage and drains half of his health. Christopher stares around widly. His vision is blurred, but he can see Lady Wren. She winks at him.

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

Health: 4\15

Chris somehow manages to pick himself of the ground after the last devastating blow he raises his sword mutters a quick prayer, and marches toward his opponent resigned to his fate:sadnew:, he also manages to spite in lady Wren's direction as he did so:tongue:. He takes a deep breath and swings his sworn at his opponent from the front row, perhaps for the last time.

Christopher Daggerfall falls to one knee, too weak to swing. He hides takes up the sentinel position to avoid damage the next round and catch his breath. He pants.

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

<The next round runs automatically>

Christopher remains in the sentinel position as the barbarian hammers away at his shield.

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

<The next round runs automatically>

Christopher raises his sword and swings. Unfortunately he has lost so much blood that he stumbles to the side and his swing misses. He curses under his breath and prepares for another round.

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

Christopher gets to his feet once more. He again stumbles, and his sword barely in his hands, and he once more misses.

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

Christopher can hardly breath as the hammer slams into his back once more, using it's special energy. He falls into the sand. It rushes up his nose and his mouth. He coughs and sputters and blood mixes with the sand.

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

Health: 2\15

<IF YOU'D LIKE, YOU MAY TELL ME THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO JUST KEEP ATTACKING AND I'LL PLAY OUT THE REST OF THE BATTLE FOR YOU!>

OCC<I would like to attack until the battle is over, attack from the front row unless the enemy is below 5 health, in which case I want to attack from the back row,>

Chris staggers to his feet, he decided to just keep swinging until the battle is over.:sadnew:

Before Christopher can get to his feet, the barbarian smashes his hammer into his back doing normal damage. The wind goes out of Christopher and then the light fades. He lies quite still.

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

Health: 2\15

Christopher can hardly breath as the hammer slams into his back once more, using it's special energy. He falls into the sand. It rushes up his nose and his mouth. He coughs and sputters and blood mixes with the sand.

Level 6 Knight

27 year-old Human male

Health: 0\15

Sir Christopher is dragged of the field by two guards and the barbarian contestant is returned to the lower cellars.

Two more contestants the party do not know are taken, and a shifty looking fellow named Felton returns after a long time, bleeding profusely from his forehead above his eye and with a deep gash in his arm.

Eric and Thothwich are suddenly grabbed. They are taken the course that the others have taken. They rise up, and the ritual of Draconuis’ booming voice is heard as the walls to their cages fall away. Two heroes of Heroica must face each other in combat.

(Each round will alternate who goes first. This round Thothwick's action will occur first, and next round Eric's will and so on and so forth.)

Eric

eric_small.jpg(played by Khorne)

Level 7 Barbarian

30 year old Male Norse Human

Gold: 65

Inventory: Mockthril Club (WP: 4, suitable for barbarians)

Thothwick

ava-thothwick.jpg (played by Professor Flitwick)

Level 1 Rouge

44 year old male Metasimian

Power: 6

Health: 7

Gold: 10

Inventory: 1x Shuriken of Mercutio (WP: 5, suitable for rouges and rangers)

Edited by Zepher

After getting over the initial surprise effect of having to fight a fellow Adventurer, Eric braces himself for combat. Even though he's not used to wielding clubs, he'd try to make the best of it.

After getting over the initial surprise effect of having to fight a fellow Adventurer, Eric braces himself for combat. Even though he'll not used to wielding clubs, he'd try to make the best of it.

"Well, you seem willing to fight, and I'm not sure there is much else we can do. Good luck, Mr. Eric."

With a sense of growing dread, I shall attack Eric from the back row.