Sign in to follow this  
Brickdoctor

Heroica RPG - Quest #4: Taming the Lions

"Whoops! I completely forgot that we had to go back to the Emporium for more supplies." :blush: "Sorry everyone!"

Order of action:

Leo

Xander

Thormanil

Cinna

Ad-Hoh

Benji

De'kra

Tomas

"I will attack Mopag Mutant Spearman from the back row. I would suggest that Cinna and Ad-Hoh target the swordsman with spells, as his glowing eyes only affect physical attacks. There are eight of us, so that's four heroes for each mutant."

EDIT: Wait, scratch that. Ad-Hoh and Cinna, you two should attack the swordsman but not use spells just yet. We should wait until the eyes take effect so we don't waste ether.

Edited by Captain Tamamono

EDIT: Wait, scratch that. Ad-Hoh and Cinna, you two should attack the swordsman but not use spells just yet. We should wait until the eyes take effect so we don't waste ether.

Those eyes can catch you off guard at any time, Tomas! All it takes is for lady luck to roll against your favor, and you're about as useful as a shovel without a head!

OOC: Unless I'm mistaken, the "Special" is what occurs if you roll a 5 for the action that turn, correct?

Front-row melees on the spearman! Get trapped and it's only one round lost, but get blinded and you're useless for three! Mages, the swordsman!

I would suggest that Cinna and Ad-Hoh target the swordsman with spells, as his glowing eyes only affect physical attacks.

"My thoughts exactly! Attack Mopag Mutant Swordsman from the back row."

EDIT: Swordsman rather. :grin:

Edited by ADHO15

OOC: Unless I'm mistaken, the "Special" is what occurs if you roll a 5 for the action that turn, correct?

QM Note:

The enemy's Special occurs when a '6' is rolled. '1' is a Shield, '2' is a Critical Hit, '3' is a Hit, '4' is a Miss, '5' is Damage, and '6' is Special Damage.

QM Note:

The enemy's Special occurs when a '6' is rolled. '1' is a Shield, '2' is a Critical Hit, '3' is a Hit, '4' is a Miss, '5' is Damage, and '6' is Special Damage.

Lady Luck, be on our side tonight! Hope Tomas can manage to land some holy damage on those demons, and none of us lose any limbs to traps, nor stay mesmerized for too long!

OOC: Errr, yeah. That's what I meant. Five, six, what's a few letters amongst friends, eh? Point being, no use in delaying the casts until the effect is "used up", as it is possible that the effect could trigger every turn of this battle, theoretically.

De'kra drew his blade, and headed to attack the swordsmaN from the front row. The figures reminded him of something, something familiar. It was not really a memory, it didn't taste the same in his mouth. It was something...terrifying, that memory.

Edited by Tanma

Lady Luck, be on our side tonight! Hope Tomas can manage to land some holy damage on those demons, and none of us lose any limbs to traps, nor stay mesmerized for too long!

QM Note:

'Healing' and 'Light Elemental Damage' are two different things. Healing damages Undead Monsters, not Demons. However, if she so wished, Cinna (darkdragon) could cast Darkness Elemental Damage, which would have an effect, because the enemies are humanoid.

OOC: Ah, my mistake. Got it in my head that a Cleric somehow had an offensive option in the holylight school. That's what I get for trying to embellish in-character, heh. Derp! I also misread Tomas' suggestion about not wasting ether. I guess that comes down to how quickly do we want to potentially KO the targets. Carry on, folks!

Edited by swils

Somewhat taken aback by the glowing eyes of the enemies, Xander quickly composes himself and hurries to the front row, taking aim for his attack at the Mopag Mutant Spearman.

De'kra realized that his physical attacks won't be much use against the swordsman, and instead moved to attack the Mopag Mutant Spearman from the Front row.

De'kra realized that his physical attacks won't be much use against the swordsman, and instead moved to attack the Mopag Mutant Spearman from the Front row.

QM Note:

Unlike with Undead Monsters, physical attacks can harm the Swordsman. It's only if you get bound that you won't be able to attack.

QM Note:

Unlike with Undead Monsters, physical attacks can harm the Swordsman. It's only if you get bound that you won't be able to attack.

OOC: I know, but if De'kra gets hit he would be totally useless in both fights.

De'kra's hand twitched as he looked at the glowing dark humanoids, their eyes piercing the darkness. There was a memory of something like them, or many things like them. One memory featured such creatures who were pure evil, while another had a group bathed in blood, but still granted redemption. Glowing eyes in general struck a cord, perhaps it involved his race? His eyes also gleamed, though not as sinisterly.

I will attack the Mutant Spearman from the front row.

OOC:Sorry I am late- I cant get on from 8 to 4 PM GMT

Edited by JediAnakin

Results of Round One of the Battle of the Mopag Trail:

Leo Aragon vs. Mopag Mutant Spearman - Critical Hit

Xander Unth'or vs. Mopag Mutant Spearman - Damage

Thormanil Nihai vs. Mopag Mutant Spearman - Special Damage

>Cinna the Dark vs. Mopag Mutant Swordsman - Shield

>Ad-Hoh vs. Mopag Mutant Swordsman - Miss

>Benji Carvenhall vs. Mopag Mutant Spearman - Critical Hit

Dek'ra vs. Mopag Mutant Spearman - Shield

>Tomas vs. Mopag Mutant Spearman - Hit

The party members bring their weapons to bear on the grotesque Mopag Mutant Warriors. Sir Leo Aragon attacks the Mopag Mutant Spearman, and lands a Critical Hit for 10 Damage. Xander Unth'or then moves agains the Spearman, but the enemy manages to get his spear behind Xander's defenses, dealing him 5 Damage. Attempting to avenge his fellow Barbarian, Thormanil is drawn into a cluster of vines and Bound. Cinna the Dark then unleashes a formidable Magic Burst; dealing 12 Darkness Elemental Damage to both mutants and dropping the Spearman. Ad-Hoh's attack misses, but Benji switches his attack to the Spearman, as his original target had been killed, and shoots off a Critical Hit at 10 Damage to finish of the last enemy.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All party members gain a level of experience, so update your signatures accordingly. The enemies drop 1 Remedy and 1 Smokebomb.

Party: (after the battle)

heroica_character_avatar.png

Tomas (played by Captain Tamamono) (Dearly Beloved Party Leader)

Level 8 Cleric

Power:

Health:
16/16

Ether:
11/12

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Staff (WP: 5), Gold Staff (WP: 4), Potion (2), Remedy (3), Bedroll, Tonic (2), Bone, Grand Tonic, Fire Bomb, Shovel, Venom

6048306376_bab9d558d0_t.jpg

Cinna the Dark (played by darkdragon) (Party Second in Command)

Level 3 Mage

Power:

Health:
7/7

Ether:
7/7

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Staff (WP: 4), Quarterstaff (WP: 3), Amethyst Gem (Darkness), Potion, Shovel

6053565626_67f23d9d52_t.jpg

Thormanil Nihai (played by swills)

Level 3 Barbarian

Power:

Health:
10/10

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Twin Axes (WP: 4), Dull Greataxe (WP:3), Potion, Bottle of Mead, Bedroll

benji_carvenhall_-_icon.jpg

Benji Carvenhall (played by Flare)

Level 3 Ranger

Power:

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Bow (WP: 4), Bow (WP: 3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll

Rogue.JPG

Dek'ra (played by Tanma)

Level 3 Rogue

Power:

Health:
9/9

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Dagger (WP: 5), Fang Dagger(WP:4), Bedroll, Potion, Venom

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh (played by ADHO15

Level 2 Mage

Power:

Health:
6/6

Ether:
6/6

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Staff (WP: 4), Rhabdomance Staff (WP:3), Potion, Emerald Gem (Wood)

heroica_2.jpg

Xander Unth'or (played by posades)

Level 3 Barbarian

Power:

Health:
5/10

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Hammer (WP: 4), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Potion, Mead, Bedroll

av-19700.jpg

Leo Aragon (played by JediAnakin)

Level 3 Knight

Power:

Health:
12/12

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Sword (WP: 4), Chaos Saber (WP:3), Leo Shield (SP:2), Potion

heroica-shadeauxicon.pngheroica-shadeauxicon.pngheroica-shadeauxicon.pngheroica-shadeauxicon.pngheroica-shadeauxicon.png

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

heroica-remedy.jpgRemedy – Removes all negative effects from the target during a battle.

heroica-smokebomb.jpgSmoke Bomb – Allows the party to escape the battle.

All of you, state any out-of-battle actions you want to perform before the next Night begins. (in this case, healing Xander, using items, or choosing to turn around and return to Bric'Lin)

heroica-shadeauxicon.pngheroica-shadeauxicon.pngheroica-shadeauxicon.pngheroica-shadeauxicon.pngheroica-shadeauxicon.png

QM Note:

I was going to wait for Flare, but I had time right now, and I rolled some dice and figured that no matter who Flare targeted, it wouldn't affect the outcome of the battle, and no matter who he targeted, he'd end up attacking the same enemy since Cinna had already killed the Spearman.

"Wait, wasn't Leo's attack against the Spearman?"

QM Note:

And that, my friends, is why you shouldn't edit your posts. In the future, if you want to change targets, just say so in another post.

Either way, though, the result would be the same. If Leo attacks the Spearman, the Spearman is killed by Cinna and the Swordsman is killed by Benji.

I switched the enemies appropriately in the post.

De'kra was glad that the team had succeeded, though he was a little annoyed that he had been unable to help in the battle. Still, the important thing was that they proved victorious over the two raiders. De'kra clicked, "Give reward to heroes who help most in battle?"

"Wow! That was great fun"

Cinna can feel the power building up and is excited to be in the world really using her gift to protect her team.

QM Note:

And that, my friends, is why you shouldn't edit your posts. In the future, if you want to change targets, just say so in another post.

Either way, though, the result would be the same. If Leo attacks the Spearman, the Spearman is killed by Cinna and the Swordsman is killed by Benji.

Okay, good.

"Anyways, we are victorious! While it was Cinna's spell that really changed the tides, I gave her some gold after our last battle, and in the interest of fairness I think I will give the Remedy to Benji, and the Smoke Bomb to Leo. Next, I will heal Xander."

"God, would it be possible for me to dig here with my shovel?"

De'kra glanced over at the team, seeing the aftermath of Cinna's spell. Looking at the mage he clicked, "You have lot of dark power in you. How you get power in first place? You born with power, or you earn power?"

Edited by Tanma

Party:

heroica_character_avatar.png

Tomas (played by Captain Tamamono) (Dearly Beloved Party Leader)

Level 8 Cleric

Power:

Health:
16/16

Ether:
10/12

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Staff (WP: 5), Gold Staff (WP: 4), Potion (2), Remedy (3), Bedroll, Tonic (2), Bone, Grand Tonic, Fire Bomb, Shovel, Venom

6048306376_bab9d558d0_t.jpg

Cinna the Dark (played by darkdragon) (Party Second in Command)

Level 3 Mage

Power:

Health:
7/7

Ether:
7/7

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Staff (WP: 4), Quarterstaff (WP: 3), Amethyst Gem (Darkness), Potion, Shovel

6053565626_67f23d9d52_t.jpg

Thormanil Nihai (played by swills)

Level 3 Barbarian

Power:

Health:
10/10

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Twin Axes (WP: 4), Dull Greataxe (WP:3), Potion, Bottle of Mead, Bedroll

benji_carvenhall_-_icon.jpg

Benji Carvenhall (played by Flare)

Level 3 Ranger

Power:

Health:
8/8

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Bow (WP: 4), Bow (WP: 3), Potion, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Remedy

Rogue.JPG

Dek'ra (played by Tanma)

Level 3 Rogue

Power:

Health:
9/9

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Dagger (WP: 5), Fang Dagger(WP:4), Bedroll, Potion, Venom

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh (played by ADHO15

Level 2 Mage

Power:

Health:
6/6

Ether:
6/6

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Staff (WP: 4), Rhabdomance Staff (WP:3), Potion, Emerald Gem (Wood)

heroica_2.jpg

Xander Unth'or (played by posades)

Level 3 Barbarian

Power:

Health:
10/10

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Hammer (WP: 4), Enigmatic Hammer (WP: 3), Potion, Mead, Bedroll

av-19700.jpg

Leo Aragon (played by JediAnakin)

Level 3 Knight

Power:

Health:
12/12

Gold:

Inventory:
Shadeaux Sword (WP: 4), Chaos Saber (WP:3), Leo Shield (SP:2), Potion, Smoke Bomb

"God, would it be possible for me to dig here with my shovel?"

Isaac looks at Tomas.

"You can dig anywhere you want. There's no law against it. Just use some common sense when deciding where you dig. Dig up someone's crops and you'll probably have to pay them or fight them. Try to dig in the middle of a street and some guards might come after you. Try to dig into a big rock and you'll probably break your Shovel. And so on."

You try digging at the scene of the battle, but there's nothing there as far as you can tell.

Party Leader, are we ready to continue traveling until the next Night?

"Apologies, friends. This battling takes some getting used to after so many years of living peacefully. I am not a young man anymore!

I assume we plan to just continue our journey through the forest once the healing has been done?"

OOC: I don't think it is wise to merely hand out items as rewards to those who fight well. It is after all just based on the roll of a die. Don't get me wrong, I'm not greedy and I don't want the items. I just think that items that need to be used during a battle, for example, shouldn't be given to the strong fighters who need to spend their turns healing or using remedies rather than attacking.

Party Leader, are we ready to continue traveling until the next Night?

"I don't see why not. Is everyone else ready?"

OOC: I don't think it is wise to merely hand out items as rewards to those who fight well. It is after all just based on the roll of a die. Don't get me wrong, I'm not greedy and I don't want the items. I just think that items that need to be used during a battle, for example, shouldn't be given to the strong fighters who need to spend their turns healing or using remedies rather than attacking.

OOC: Good point. I'll try to start distributing the items more strategically in the future. :thumbup:

Having soundly defeated our enemies during our first night in the Mopag Forest, we continue traveling. By the time Night falls, we're more than ready to catch some sleep.

6173032386_25c9a133cd_b.jpg

This time, we heard nothing more than a few birds - a rare occurrence in these parts.

The whole party slept soundly, and everyone would've gained 2 Health, but all were already fully healthy.

All of you, state any out-of-battle actions you want to perform before the next Night begins.