Fives

Kingdoms 2012?

I'm sorry guys but we've got the release schedule for the whole of 2012 at work now and Kingdoms isn't on it. Not a single Kingdoms set in whole 2012. Now there's an extremely slim chance that Lego Sweden has decided to not take in Kingdoms 2012 but that feels quite unlikely.

That's just wrong... TLG pulls these things before they can end their own cycle. Obviously TLG pulls these lines based on sales numbers of that particular theme, but I often wonder if the overall sales are reflective of the rising prices of TLG as opposed to the subject matter itself. I'm still waiting on the 7946 King's Castle to drop a bit lower on clearance before I pick that up. If it was even $15 dollars less I might have grabbed it over a year ago...

Just a shame to see a theme with so much potential go unfinished.

When I was too young to remember, my brother and I were given one of the early castle sets... we made good use of that set for a very, very long time. I was actually just as excited by the idea of more of the same back then as I am now. One of the things that drove me into my dark age was that themes started changing so fast that I felt disconnected from them.

I don't think Lego realise how attached children are to the toys they had when they were six when they turn eight. I must have watched each episode of the Transformers at least five times (that is, the original episodes before all of the cast changed and I didn't know who they were any more)

Yeah I know how you feel, but that's kind of my point. Parents aren't going to buy their kids ANOTHER castle when they already have one they play with. Most kids like what they have and either want something new when they grow out of their current toys, or see something new and exciting. TLG have to respond to that need by tempting them away from their current large castle, possibly with something connected to a current film/cartoon/trend they like, and convince parents that they aren't just buying them the same thing over again.

Just my thoughts, as much as I would be disappointed for TLG not to develop the current Kingdoms theme further.

CallMeCrazy, but I've been liking this cycling Castle themes, starting with the Fantasy Era.

I know the first has 'fantasy' stuff like Orcs and Dragons, but it fits in fantastic with the Kingdoms factions. Would we all rather have a square ton of Dragons, Crownies, and Lions, or even further increase the variety in our LEGO castle world? This is just my opinion, but as long as they stick to the same general theme castle's been following for the last 4 years, I'm fine with a new Castle theme. I just hope if LotR comes out, there's a seperate castle theme, because Fantasy/Kingdoms won't fit in with that.

As much as I would be sad to not have a Castle theme in 2012, I can only assume that it means that either we are getting LOTR and/or an alternative historical theme. I would die of excitement if we got a Roman theme! :D

Of course I'm still going to daydream of a Game of Thrones theme, but considering the mature themes of that series, I think I'll be dreaming a long time! :D

Not in 2012.

I know Lego plans out their sets 2-3 plus years in advance...is there a non-castle theme somewhere that you might know about? I'm as excited as the next guy about LotR sets but I like my castles without a "license tax."

Yeah I know how you feel, but that's kind of my point. Parents aren't going to buy their kids ANOTHER castle when they already have one they play with.

Ah, but looking back at the Fantasy Era theme, they didn't do a castle twice... they had a castle, a skull tower, a dwarf mine and a troll fortress... so that's four faction 'bases' with only one castle.

Kingdoms could have done the same. They could have introduced the Forestmen and given them a Forest Hideout, or introduced the Wolfpack and given them some kind of Wolfpack-appropriate lair... between all the potential factions there's a lot of ground they could have covered without repeating material.

Kingdoms is done it looks like :cry_sad:

The list we have at work is for the full year. There are two new themes for 2 HY on that list that are yet to be confirmed and I believe that at least one of these themes hasn't been mentioned on this site at all.

Oh very interesting, any hints to the other theme? :laugh:

I'm a fan of something castle rather than nothing-castle. I like the Kingdoms 2012 sets however so I'm looking forward to more.

relax guys.. im sure they will have a castle theme later on this decade. 2013 perhaps??

besides there are othre big releases for 2012.. such as the Marvel line.. with batman and all that !! and also the ongoing minifig collectables... and new ninjago sets too@!! definitely something exciting to look forward to !!!

As much as I like The Lord of the Rings (just check my signature!), I'd like Lego to have its own Medieval line.

PotC is nice, but lacks the originality, creativity and imagination of the Pirate line. I can't imagine any set that is not of the main part/core of the PotC movies, while every Pirate set was part of its own mythology, as small as it may have been.

And if there's one thing the old Castle line taught everybody is the importance of "civil sets" (in the sense of "not streamline", "not just another castle/tower/keep").

Castle is still a reference after all these many years (decades!) and Kingdoms is just awesome in it's own right -- the new Jousting set is probably one of the most beautiful (if not one of the best!) sets in Lego history.

I (want to) believe Kingdoms still got at least one or two years more. And I believe the new Falcon Knight is a hint of the next wave of Kingdoms sets. I bet something like the Forestmen is around the corner.

But I speak my wishes more than anything. I'll wait and see.

As much as want the standard non-licensed castle line in 2012, if they don't have it, I want at least to have something castle-related from which to get new pieces (and molds? :wub:) - and then have castle back in 2013 since it is one of the 3 core themes for LEGO. :)

As much as want the standard non-licensed castle line in 2012, if they don't have it, I want at least to have something castle-related from which to get new pieces (and molds? :wub:) - and then have castle back in 2013 since it is one of the 3 core themes for LEGO. :)

LOTR is confirmed! I have no proof so don't ask. I have been told mid 2012... so I doubt any new kingdoms beside the joust is coming.

LOTR is confirmed! I have no proof so don't ask. I have been told mid 2012... so I doubt any new kingdoms beside the joust is coming.

Okay, why are people saying one thing and showing no proof what so ever....."I have no proof so don't ask" then say "I have been told mid 2012"....by what person....no need for names or i.d. just say a rep, store manager or alike. For so long has the rumour of LOTR been out there, I guess if true we'll know about it.

Let's hope Kingdom's isn't done for in the long term. :classic:

Okay, why are people saying one thing and showing no proof what so ever....."I have no proof so don't ask" then say "I have been told mid 2012"....by what person....no need for names or i.d. just say a rep, store manager or alike. For so long has the rumour of LOTR been out there, I guess if true we'll know about it.

Let's hope Kingdom's isn't done for in the long term. :classic:

Seeing how I got fired from the Lego store, it wont hurt me any, but yes a reliable source told me. I also, was on of the first, if not the first to say POTC was confirmed and coming.

If LOTR theme ends up being true then it would make some sense that it would come out next year since the first Hobbit movie will be released late next year and it is a prequel to LOTR so it would help with marketing in that regard. I am still hoping we get at least 2 or 3 more Kingdoms sets to finish of the line next year. I guess we will probably know for sure early next year.

Honestly, it kind of fits, doesn't it? Kingdoms is temporarily discontinued to make room for a different castle-related theme. The Hobbit is coming out next year and LEGO's recently gone on a licensing frenzy (Multi-year deal with Marvel and DC). If there was ever a time for LEGO LotR, it would be next year.

I think it would be silly to discount the possibility. And I, personally, would adore a LotR line. I hope it comes true. :thumbup:

If an LOTR theme is on it's way I hope they decide to overlap things a bit by releasing the final Kingdoms sets early next year and then the LOTR sets later in the summer. It's possible they would continue to run Kingdoms alongside LOTR to a smaller extent but the themes are probably to similar that I highly doubt they would.

Seeing how I got fired from the Lego store, it wont hurt me any, but yes a reliable source told me. I also, was on of the first, if not the first to say POTC was confirmed and coming.

that sucks. why LOTR?!?! they could have made something original like mf version of heroica adventures. the sets would have been a lot cheaper too without adding licensing cost.

oh man, the two topics that I really love and cherish (pirates and castle) both licensed? Well, I guess LEGO isn't getting any of my money (nor my children's)for the next years!!!

Honestly, it kind of fits, doesn't it? Kingdoms is temporarily discontinued to make room for a different castle-related theme. The Hobbit is coming out next year and LEGO's recently gone on a licensing frenzy (Multi-year deal with Marvel and DC). If there was ever a time for LEGO LotR, it would be next year.

I think it would be silly to discount the possibility. And I, personally, would adore a LotR line. I hope it comes true. :thumbup:

The same thing happened to Pirates, a new theme, big Flagship came out to end it (literally) and then Pirates of the Caribbean.

I for one am ecstatic about LOTR LEGO, I love it more than Star Wars! :excited:

Whats yalls problem with LOTR? yea its not going to be cheap, but it is the greatest story ever told. Way more in depth than anything Lego could ever make up. It will bring new armor, pieces, colors... and without movies like POTC, pirates being "in" would die off... And im sorry I do not want to buy 20 year old legos all the time at butthurt prices. Yes I will always love and admire the classics, but Im not paying for used worn-out second or third hand fair conditioned legos when I can get a new more worthy, highly collectible theme such as LOTR or POTC.

Whats yalls problem with LOTR? yea its not going to be cheap, but it is the greatest story ever told. Way more in depth than anything Lego could ever make up. It will bring new armor, pieces, colors... and without movies like POTC, pirates being "in" would die off... And im sorry I do not want to buy 20 year old legos all the time at butthurt prices. Yes I will always love and admire the classics, but Im not paying for used worn-out second or third hand fair conditioned legos when I can get a new more worthy, highly collectible theme such as LOTR or POTC.

You don't need movies for something to be 'in' thats nonsense. So what huge pirate movie francise was 'in' when the original Lego pirate line was out? Classic pirates was very popular an still will be weather there's pirate movies out or not. Pirates will always be a fascinating subject for kids and grown-ups alike no mater what. It doesn't rely on a movie francise that is already well past it's sell-buy date. It's the same with LOTR, yes it's a good story, not the greatest as it was mostly inspired by the Arthurian story which basically set up everything

Medieval fantasy is based on. It would probably be a good theme, but short lived and pricey. Castle is a timeless theme and always will be, again, it's not a theme that needs an 'in' movie to make it popular. The idea of Lego castle sets was to make your own story up, and even though I would welcome whatever parts a LOTR theme would bring, I'd much prefer more a new range of Lego castle building on what we have. I think Lego castle has been really good these last years, we've pretty much had a lot of what we were crying out for, new human factions, new weapons, new animals, civilian sets etc. It has been good, and I hope to see more of this rather then over priced Liesenced sets. Still, like I said, if castle is put on hold and we get LOTR, I will still get some sets if the parts are good.

You don't need movies for something to be 'in' thats nonsense. So what huge pirate movie francise was 'in' when the original Lego pirate line was out? Classic pirates was very popular an still will be weather there's pirate movies out or not. Pirates will always be a fascinating subject for kids and grown-ups alike no mater what. It doesn't rely on a movie francise that is already well past it's sell-buy date. It's the same with LOTR, yes it's a good story, not the greatest as it was mostly inspired by the Arthurian story which basically set up everything

Medieval fantasy is based on. It would probably be a good theme, but short lived and pricey. Castle is a timeless theme and always will be, again, it's not a theme that needs an 'in' movie to make it popular. The idea of Lego castle sets was to make your own story up, and even though I would welcome whatever parts a LOTR theme would bring, I'd much prefer more a new range of Lego castle building on what we have. I think Lego castle has been really good these last years, we've pretty much had a lot of what we were crying out for, new human factions, new weapons, new animals, civilian sets etc. It has been good, and I hope to see more of this rather then over priced Liesenced sets. Still, like I said, if castle is put on hold and we get LOTR, I will still get some sets if the parts are good.

I am a medieval and pirate reenactor so the movies help with people making costume pieces accurately, selling and making good weapons... and it doesn't hurt toy lines. I love love love the classic lines, but im disagreeing with you about the arthurian legend thing. He based it on every and all mythologies, cultures and legends of northern Europe...Arthur too. If we would have had a licensed viking line instead of regular, we might have had helms that weren't crap. It took them 30 years to make a decent great helm. Im hoping LOTR will bring real norse spectacle helms like the Rohinians wear. My favorite line right now is the Castle line. I got multiples of every set, and a current crown army of 100. I am making a huge castle for Brickfair in Bama this January. When LOTR comes out I will build a figure scale Helms Deep, as I have not seen any perfect ones yet. I will admit That the best MOC I have ever seen is the Last March of the Ents. I understand that they did not use any customs and it came out perfectly, but I welcome LOTR more than any other license imaginable. Ha except assassins creed, but Lego will never make Knight Templar because of religion, and I am somewhat of a purist and do not like customs. But as Im buying more and more crownies, its just ridiculous what I halve to pay, people charge just to much for kingdom soldiers an all you have to do is run down the road to the store or order from LEGO direct, and it all comes out cheaper. So, Ill gladly welcome expensive licensed themes.