Fives

Kingdoms 2012?

Seems like some people will believe anything these days :classic:

Indeed. I believed the thing with the Kelloggs box for a few days. I even went googling for Lego on Kelloggs boxes.

LOTR is coming!

No it's not!

Yes it is!

No it's not!

lol

This thread summary brought to you by a Lego fan hoping for a LOTR release but happy with any castle Lego sets.

It would be hard to mix two different things together to get what I have seen about the vid. Game, it is either completely right and is from an insider. Or is completely wrong and is someone trying to pull a whole bunch of legs. Type in "LoTR video game" in your google search at, there could be something like a Lego wiki or something that (supposedly) has all the info on the levels and such.

It would be hard to mix two different things together to get what I have seen about the vid. Game, it is either completely right and is from an insider. Or is completely wrong and is someone trying to pull a whole bunch of legs. Type in "LoTR video game" in your google search at, there could be something like a Lego wiki or something that (supposedly) has all the info on the levels and such.

Did you mean this? If so, it's neither of the things you suggested. That's a FANON wiki, meaning everything on it is fan-created. This is essentially someone's "If they did it, they could do it this way" page, not unlike a lot of what's been posted in the LEGO LotR topic here.

Seen others.

What others? Where? What were their sources? How is it the other thread has gone on for several pages and no one else has pointed out something that says "this is happening" and instead they point to a house of cards that all seem to lead back to the same 1 or 2 non sourced articles or misread articles? I accept that the line may be happening. However, there isn't a shread of proof that anyone can point to.

What others? Where? What were their sources? How is it the other thread has gone on for several pages and no one else has pointed out something that says "this is happening" and instead they point to a house of cards that all seem to lead back to the same 1 or 2 non sourced articles or misread articles? I accept that the line may be happening. However, there isn't a shread of proof that anyone can point to.

Ask someone at a Lego store...

Ask someone at a Lego store...

What will asking someone who may or may not know what they are talking about, and in the event they do they can't answer me straight, accomplish? A wink and a nod aren't proof. If all goes well, I will be in a LEGO store next week and I will ask. I am not holding my breath on getting any kind of answer.

In the meantime, this is what I mean by proof: This is an article from February 2009 announcing the partnership with Disney. A year before sets were released. This is an article from April 1998 announcing LEGO getting the SW license, again about a year before sets came out. In fairness, the recent superhero licenses were announced less than a year before sets will debut. However, the Marvel sets are still a ways out and LEGO already had most of what they needed for Batman since they already had the license (and Batman dominates the DC sets, not a coincidence). Also, they chose a specific comic centric venue to announce that, which may have impacted the timing to announce. Unless they plan on announcing this at something like Dragon Con, that isn't an issue for LotR.

Again, I'm not saying it can't or won't happen. I'm saying there is no solid evidence that it will so I am continually puzzled at why people act like there is.

I think we're pretty close to that day. 2012 will feature Star Wars, Cars, Superheroes, and possibly also POTC and LOTR (yes, both question marks, but I think at least LOTR is a good bet at this point). We hear from good sources that Alien Conquest and Kingdoms are finishing up, and of course Pirates won't be back for a while even if POTC does get dropped. That means Castle, Pirates and Space - all supposedly "Evergreen" lines - are MIA in 2012. That's discouraging to me. As a massive Tolkien fan, I'll be the first in line for LOTR sets, but I'd honestly prefer a different Castle subtheme.

It doesn't have to be Kingdoms. I get that Kingdoms won't be around forever. Really, there are so many other cool Castle options that they could make, I'm sure we could combine them with the existing sets for a wonderful medieval world. I'd love to see a departure from the standard medieval knights sets towards Vikings or barbarians or Asian empires. But I'm doubtful that the LOTR sets will play well with Dragons and Lions. Stylistically, the POTC sets have a very different vibe from Classic Pirates sets, and I'm sure the same will be true of LOTR.

It's funny, I haven't been into Lego for long enough to be a traditionalist, but I sure feel like one now.

I agree, it seems that Licensed themes are beginning to replace the classic themes, and even 'evergreen' themes as you said. When it comes to medieval sets, they seem to favor knights although it has been a while since they did something on the lines of Ancient china or vikings or something (Ninjago doesn't count.) They won't have a licensed medieval theme and a normal theme of medieval at the same time. It also seems that their newer themes last one or two waves of sets adn are discontinued, licensed on the other hand last longer, so they are going to go for the licensed themes to get them more money.

What will asking someone who may or may not know what they are talking about, and in the event they do they can't answer me straight, accomplish? A wink and a nod aren't proof. If all goes well, I will be in a LEGO store next week and I will ask. I am not holding my breath on getting any kind of answer.

In the meantime, this is what I mean by proof: This is an article from February 2009 announcing the partnership with Disney. A year before sets were released. This is an article from April 1998 announcing LEGO getting the SW license, again about a year before sets came out. In fairness, the recent superhero licenses were announced less than a year before sets will debut. However, the Marvel sets are still a ways out and LEGO already had most of what they needed for Batman since they already had the license (and Batman dominates the DC sets, not a coincidence). Also, they chose a specific comic centric venue to announce that, which may have impacted the timing to announce. Unless they plan on announcing this at something like Dragon Con, that isn't an issue for LotR.

Again, I'm not saying it can't or won't happen. I'm saying there is no solid evidence that it will so I am continually puzzled at why people act like there is.

Actually, rather than asking weather LOTR is coimng or not, just go in there and say 'can you tell me what date the LOTR sets are being released' then you will get the answer your looking for.

I think we're pretty close to that day. 2012 will feature Star Wars, Cars, Superheroes, and possibly also POTC and LOTR (yes, both question marks, but I think at least LOTR is a good bet at this point). We hear from good sources that Alien Conquest and Kingdoms are finishing up, and of course Pirates won't be back for a while even if POTC does get dropped. That means Castle, Pirates and Space - all supposedly "Evergreen" lines - are MIA in 2012. That's discouraging to me. As a massive Tolkien fan, I'll be the first in line for LOTR sets, but I'd honestly prefer a different Castle subtheme.

Well, I don't know that next year will actually be any more license-heavy than most of the past several years have been; at any given time for most of the last decade there've been licensed themes, and some of them had quite a few running simultaneously - check out this list of release years of licensed themes for each year since 1999 that had sets released those years:

1999 - Star Wars, Winnie the Pooh

2000 - Mickey Mouse, Star Wars, Winnie the Pooh

2001 - Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Winnie the Pooh

2002 - Galidor, Harry Potter, Spider-Man, Star Wars

2003 - Harry Potter, Spider-Man, Star Wars

2004 - Dora the Explorer, Harry Potter, Spider-Man, Star Wars

2005 - Harry Potter, Star Wars, Thomas & Friends

2006 - Avatar the Last Airbender, Batman, Spongebob Squarepants, Star Wars, Thomas & Friends

2007 - Batman, Harry Potter, Spongebob Squarepants, Star Wars, Thomas & Friends

2008 - Batman, Indiana Jones, Speed Racer, Spongebob Squarepants, Star Wars, Thomas & Friends

2009 - Indiana Jones, Spongebob Squarepants, Star Wars, Thomas & Friends

2010 - Ben 10, Cars, Harry Potter, Prince of Persia, Star Wars, Toy Story

2011 - Cars, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, Spongebob Squarepants, Star Wars, Winnie the Pooh

Is 2012 really going to be any more license-heavy than most of the last five or six years before it?

Also, Pirates isn't considered quite as much of an "evergreen" as Castle and Space - closer than other long-running / recurring LEGO themes such as Adventure, sure, but still just a wee bit removed from the holy trinity of Castle, City and Space.

Anyway... I guess we'll see for certain what's up with Kingdoms in the not-too-distant future. LEGO has shown us in just the last week that it can still keep a few surprises, so...

Just remain calm. Come on, you don't think Lego would really do a LOTR theme do you? Seems like some people will believe anything these days :classic:

I still don't think it will ever happen.

I am holding my breath on Lord of the Rings.

If I have read correctly, that there is a Lego: the Hobbit game coming out later in the year or in the beginning of 2013. I would not be surprised if a game comes out, they'll be some sets from the hobbit or from the Lord of the Rings.

As far as 2012 for kingdoms, all the big sets for kingdoms are sold out. The only castle sets out are the Midieval Market Village

(on its last legs) and the new Castle Exclusive set coming out just after Christmas.

I hope we see a few Kingdom sets out in the spring or summer.

I am holding my breath on Lord of the Rings.

If I have read correctly, that there is a Lego: the Hobbit game coming out later in the year or in the beginning of 2013.

I'd like a link. The only article we've actually tracked down never said the Hobbit game was "LEGO," it just mentioned the Hobbit game along with a few other games, some of which were LEGO... all the LEGO games were prefixed with "LEGO," but the Hobbit was not.

Actually, rather than asking weather LOTR is coimng or not, just go in there and say 'can you tell me what date the LOTR sets are being released' then you will get the answer your looking for.

You mean no answer at all, or a blank stare? This round and round is getting us nowhere. There is no proof out there.

Lol, because people got connections. Some people are too excited and have to tell someone what they know every time something is coming or comes out...

Edited by On Stranger Tides

Anyway... I guess we'll see for certain what's up with Kingdoms in the not-too-distant future. LEGO has shown us in just the last week that it can still keep a few surprises, so...

Ok, Maybe I am under a rock, but what did they just surprise us with?

Also, what was with MVR??? It lasted all of two months? such a great set too...

Lol, because people got connections. Some people are too excited and have to tell someone what they know every time something is coming or comes out...

Round and round we go...

Round and round we go...

You may be going round and round, but certain others are not. I think I will keep our of this debate. The outcome will come as no surprise to me :wink:

Ok, Maybe I am under a rock, but what did they just surprise us with?

I think he's referring to the "Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape" set featuring Harley Quinn and Riddler.

You may be going round and round, but certain others are not. I think I will keep our of this debate. The outcome will come as no surprise to me :wink:

My position has been pretty clear, so I have no idea why you think I am going in a circle. I have said, quite clearly and yet to be refuted by pretty well anything, that there is no evidence. And there isn't. You can't get much clearer than that. This has been met with "like, ask an employee, they know everything and are totally comfortable talking to random strangers about despite the fact they, or the person that told them, could be fired over it" and "certain others...." (who?). Vague comments are going nowhere other than getting people's hopes up and making people think there is proof of something whehe there is none. There is no debate. There is unsubstantiated rumor backed by flimsy circumstantial evidence.

My position has been pretty clear, so I have no idea why you think I am going in a circle. I have said, quite clearly and yet to be refuted by pretty well anything, that there is no evidence. And there isn't. You can't get much clearer than that. This has been met with "like, ask an employee, they know everything and are totally comfortable talking to random strangers about despite the fact they, or the person that told them, could be fired over it" and "certain others...." (who?). Vague comments are going nowhere other than getting people's hopes up and making people think there is proof of something whehe there is none. There is no debate. There is unsubstantiated rumor backed by flimsy circumstantial evidence.

Unfortunately it's a difficult situation, believe it or not, there are a lot of people here who do know things a long time before everyone else, but outof respect do not make things public. If you believe it's not going to happen that's fine, that's what this thread is for, discussion. But to assume no one knows the truth of weather it is or not is pointless, cause a lot of people do. You'll just have to wait and see what happens. Oh and by the way, there are 2 Lego stores I know that have been open about weather it will or not. Oh well, I guess you will just have to wait and see what ithemes are unvieled at the upcoming shows.

Oh and by the way, there are 2 Lego stores I know that have been open about weather it will or not. Oh well, I guess you will just have to wait and see what ithemes are unvieled at the upcoming shows.

Sooooooo :blush: since there are no LEGO stores anywhere near me, is it possible to have you or someone else on this forum ask them for me and then relay the answer back to me via this thread?!

Lego is supposed to be fun! This is an escape from the sometimes depressing real world. Don't let the topic infuriate you so much. :cry_sad:

I'd like a link. The only article we've actually tracked down never said the Hobbit game was "LEGO," it just mentioned the Hobbit game along with a few other games, some of which were LEGO... all the LEGO games were prefixed with "LEGO," but the Hobbit was not.

Weak source with much speculation and rumour

Ok... the source says there is a rumour that LEGO:The hobbit is in the works due out "Winter 2012" in time for the release

of the hobbit at the end of 2012.

So maybe I was a bit specualative and assumptive... but I've got nothing else concrete and if I really did have concrete information,

I would not be saying it here online.