Fives

Kingdoms 2012?

Reading through this post it seems like kingdoms is out :hmpf_bad: is a proper dragon knight castle too much to ask?

It does make me feel better that LOTR is coming since that will no doubt give lots of dark castle pieces which is what I really want from the dragon castle anyways.

Reading through this post it seems like kingdoms is out :hmpf_bad: is a proper dragon knight castle too much to ask?

It does make me feel better that LOTR is coming since that will no doubt give lots of dark castle pieces which is what I really want from the dragon castle anyways.

I though they where a bit slack with this line not giving the Dragaon knights a desent castles. Those out posts just dont do it for me. I though in comic/movie culture the baddies always had better weapons, vehilces and structures anyway. The goodies should always be the under dogs.

All of my managers said POTC has been doing way more than expected. He also showed me a 2000+ piece Flying Dutchmen that is supposed to come out in 2012. I have always loved castle and pirate movies, like I said earlier, I am a Knight templar and a pirate captain reenactor. But I have seen more come of these licensed themes then out of regular ones. I don't see the problem with the liscened themes. It is always infinitley better for them to do a related fleshy line inbetween classic lines instead of nothing at all during the brainstorming process.

any other hints to new sets?

I though they where a bit slack with this line not giving the Dragaon knights a desent castles. Those out posts just dont do it for me. I though in comic/movie culture the baddies always had better weapons, vehilces and structures anyway. The goodies should always be the under dogs.

I don't know; the rivalry between the Lion and Dragon Knights in Kingdoms reminds me of the rivalry between the Lion Knights and the Bulls in Knight's Kingdom I. The Dragon Knights never seemed like as prosperous a kingdom as the Lion Knights represented; rather, the Dragon Knights are a small Kingdom of rebels and cutthroats, fighting against the just and lawful reign of the Lion Knights. So I can see why the Dragon Knights might have a less impressive castle than the Lion Knights. But the fact that the Dragon Knights are underdogs doesn't mean they're not a threat: consider the damage a small team of terrorists can do to a large nation, and compare that to the Kingdoms carriage set, which clearly represents an assassination attempt on the king.

Is it only me, who thinks of the kings men as the baddies? I've always seen the Dragon knight's as Lego's take on the Robin Hood story... Of course I'm aware that that might not be the intention from Lego, but it feels more right to me.

-ED-

Is it only me, who thinks of the kings men as the baddies? I've always seen the Dragon knight's as Lego's take on the Robin Hood story... Of course I'm aware that that might not be the intention from Lego, but it feels more right to me.

It's not just you. I love the Dragons. In my fantasy world, they are the rebellious freedom fighters and the Lions are oppressive invaders.

-ED-

I tend to see the Lions (and any other faction with kings, even unseen kings, such as Crusaders or Black Knights) as stereotypical reactionary monarchists, with the outsider factions as simply a lighter shade of gray. A classic grey and gray universe, with the villagers caught in between. Fight the power! :laugh:

I think Kingdoms might be over. Went the same way as Crownies....but why does everyone here seem to think LOTR is 100% confirmed, when we have no reliable sources stating it?

I think Kingdoms might be over. Went the same way as Crownies....but why does everyone here seem to think LOTR is 100% confirmed, when we have no reliable sources stating it?

I do not think LOTR is 100% confirmed, more like 98% :wink: I am basing my opinion off of what has happened before for castle. For example last year there was a rumor of a windmill set with new animals which obviously was correct. Seems to me like rumors such as this end up being true... Also, the LEGO website is sold out of every kingdoms set released in 2010. With the holidays just around the corner, seems like a terrible time to run out of so many sets. Could mean they are making room for something else...

I also favor the dragon knights over the lion knights. Even if they are the baddies, being bad is so much cooler sometimes.

Edited by BTappel

I am surprised, with the high quality of both Castle and Kingdoms sets, why Lego would steer away from the Medieval / Fantasy era? I wish we knew sales figures... But I know AFOLs ate up these last two lines pretty well, and I can't imagine kids didn't. I will say that they were smart with models like Village raid, which was really just a way to produce a barn, they threw in a bunch of baddies to sell it to kids. But lets face it, that barn was for AFOLs! I hope to see more knights in shining armor, I am already starved of my main theme ten years at a time (pirates) to get rid of a classic theme like castle would really hurt. Although I would save a lot of money. Lets hope its not KK2-ish. Or whatever that was before Castle... knights with no pants... (or decals if I can remember correctly)

I do not think LEGO is moving away from the medieval era. They are just tweaking it. Like how POTC replaced classic pirates, or something along those lines.

About what time last year did the Summer/mid-year wave of sets have their catalog leaked? I'm talking about the first solid rumors / info about about the 2011 Kingdoms line. Whatever that was, we could presume a similar timeframe for any mid-year 2012 info.

I really need to write things like this down.

About what time last year did the Summer/mid-year wave of sets have their catalog leaked? I'm talking about the first solid rumors / info about about the 2011 Kingdoms line. Whatever that was, we could presume a similar timeframe for any mid-year 2012 info.

I really need to write things like this down.

I was told Mid 2012... they said they didn't know if it was LOTR or HOBBIT but they were told and confirmed for mid 2012. I asked one of my friends if they heard anything about kingdoms, and they haven't yet. When I was working at Lego we knew when things were coming out in a pretty good advance. I was told about the Black Pearl back in Feb.

While I am excited for a possible LOTR or HOBBIT wave, I am cautions as well. The licensed set will no doubt be fleshy (which I don't really like). I've spent the last two years creating my own elves and dwarves in the classic LEGO yellow. (sign) I guess they'll be a different faction of the races :hmpf_bad:

Its true, LOTR is coming, the owner of my local newsagent told me, and I also read it on the back of a Kellogs Cornflake box :laugh: In all seriousness it probably will happen, as Lego havn't yet really had a castle themed Lisence.

Best to wait and hear it from Lego themselves though. Speculation is fine, if anyone gets hold of secret set images it would be best if you didn't post them till Lego makes an official announcement, as Lego try's hard to stop leaked images and are not happy with the amount of leaked stuff that gets posted here. It doesn't do relations with the site and Lego any good, to the point where they may not let us in on posting official announcements. Besides, its better to be surprised by a new wave rather than know everything months before hand.

as usual some sense and wisdom from Derfel Cadarn.

Given that the Hobbit film is due for release end 2012 there seems some sense in an LotR theme being mid/late 2012 ...

... I am very excited at the prospect, but fearful for my wallet ... ! :)

Edited by Watchman

I am surprised, with the high quality of both Castle and Kingdoms sets, why Lego would steer away from the Medieval / Fantasy era? I wish we knew sales figures... But I know AFOLs ate up these last two lines pretty well, and I can't imagine kids didn't. I will say that they were smart with models like Village raid, which was really just a way to produce a barn, they threw in a bunch of baddies to sell it to kids. But lets face it, that barn was for AFOLs! I hope to see more knights in shining armor, I am already starved of my main theme ten years at a time (pirates) to get rid of a classic theme like castle would really hurt. Although I would save a lot of money. Lets hope its not KK2-ish. Or whatever that was before Castle... knights with no pants... (or decals if I can remember correctly)

I think we can safely say this line sold pretty well, just notice how all the 2010 sets sold out without being discounted, and a good while before christmas too. There is no reason to think that kids disliked the line either, I saw lots of kids pick up the sets, and I don't think AFOLs would be able to pick shelves clean of the sets without the help of KFOLs. The signs are pointing towards some kind of Lego LOTR line by now, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some images at the toy fairs this spring.

its better to be surprised by a new wave rather than know everything months before hand.

Maybe... patience is not something I am good at though. Not only do I want to know if LOTR is coming, I want to see the sets and buy them all right now! How is that for patience :wink:

When exactly are the toy fairs?

Maybe... patience is not something I am good at though. Not only do I want to know if LOTR is coming, I want to see the sets and buy them all right now! How is that for patience :wink:

When exactly are the toy fairs?

I'm pretty sure that the toy fairs usually happen around February.

I think we can safely say this line sold pretty well, just notice how all the 2010 sets sold out without being discounted, and a good while before christmas too. There is no reason to think that kids disliked the line either, I saw lots of kids pick up the sets, and I don't think AFOLs would be able to pick shelves clean of the sets without the help of KFOLs. The signs are pointing towards some kind of Lego LOTR line by now, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some images at the toy fairs this spring.

Yup.

Even "Kings Castle" is flying off shelves right now. Seems to be a fairly hot item for Christmas.

Ugh.. I never have liked Lord of the Rings. :hmpf_bad: Time to empty my wallet for Castle (2007) Sets before they skyrocket any further. Might as well pick up a few Kingdoms sets too. Mill Village Raid couldn't hurt. :tongue:

Might as well pick up a few Kingdoms sets too. Mill Village Raid couldn't hurt. :tongue:

It is on sale on LEGO shop at home for $52.50 :classic:

Edited by BTappel

It is on sale on LEGO shop at home for $52.50 :classic:

That isn't good - not the price, that is good - but that they are discounting the big set of the 2011 run. I wonder if that means they are pretty much done with Kingdoms. Which stinks, because I don't have the money in my budget to pick up a bunch of Kingdoms :(