Sign in to follow this  
Sisco

Heroica RPG- Quest#5: Cave Sounds

Hoke uses his bedroll for rest.

Seeking to heal his wounds from the cursed sword, Hoke tries to take a rest. But the noises of the cave prove to be too eerie for him to get a decent amount of sleep, so he only gains 1 health back. Hoke knows not to try again.

Will the party return to the new path?

Will the party return to the new path?

Ellaria looks around.

"So, is this a dead-end where we are? I'm sorry, I think I'm lost already. If this path doesn't take us anywhere else - and if there's nothing I can use this pickaxe on, then I think we should return all the way back to the entrance and try the other route, where we first heard the barking. I reckon there are more guard hounds there. But what exactly are they guarding?"

"So, is this a dead-end where we are? I'm sorry, I think I'm lost already. If this path doesn't take us anywhere else - and if there's nothing I can use this pickaxe on, then I think we should return all the way back to the entrance and try the other route, where we first heard the barking. I reckon there are more guard hounds there. But what exactly are they guarding?"

"Yes those are my thoughts exactly."

"Yes, the new path seems like our only option." Tesni replied, looking once more around the cave, just to check.

...If this path doesn't take us anywhere else - and if there's nothing I can use this pickaxe on, then I think we should return all the way back to the entrance and try the other route...

"I don't think we know until we try. Saying that, I'll try to use my shovel in case there's something valuable around. And I agree with you, we should head back to where we heard the original barking."

OOC: Do we need to keep track of where we go and back track our way out when we finish the quest? or will it happen automatically?

Lingering in the cave, Althior tries his shovel, and finds 10 gold!

Elllaria hopes to follow up on his success by using her pickaxe on the wall, but only receives a rock to the head, dealing her 2 damage.

Party Leader, how will the loot be divided?

10 Gold

Tarn looked confused as Ellaria and Alexis talked.

"By my calculations we went right initially, and found a dead end, where we fought the Undead Nobleman. Then we went back towards where we came, and saw/heard a passageway open up going straight on. But we kept left and came to where we had heard the dogs barking initially.

So we need to go back to the passage that opened up, and see what delights await us there."

OOC: so are we now following the revised Barbarian health catch-up, which is that a Barbarian regains health equal to their level after a battle?

That would put Tarn (previously on 6/10) on 9/10, regaining 3 health as per his level.

As a level 8, Tesni would gain 8 more health to add to her 4, meaning she is 12/15.

Elllaria hopes to follow up on his success by using her pickaxe on the wall, but only receives a rock to the head, dealing her 2 damage.

Ellaria is stunned by the sudden turn of events.

"Wait, what? I did not even intend to use the pickaxe..." :wacko:

Ellaria is stunned by the sudden turn of events.

"Wait, what? I did not even intend to use the pickaxe..." :wacko:

The voice in the sky apologises, and says that she confused him by mentioning it.

OOC again, sorry.

K-nut, is the shovel you are using the one we found just now or did you buy it previously?

If it's yours that you bought, then you can keep the gold.

"By my calculations we went right initially, and found a dead end, where we fought the Undead Nobleman. Then we went back towards where we came, and saw/heard a passageway open up going straight on. But we kept left and came to where we had heard the dogs barking initially.

So we need to go back to the passage that opened up, and see what delights await us there."

Ellaria nods as she finally realized where they are.

"Ah, so as we walked away from the right-bound tunnel, we turned around with our backs to the entrance again. So we have now gone right and left from the entrance, and found both ways to be dead-ends, correct? That means there is only way to go, and that is the new pathway that opened up."

"Shall we move on. I greatly want to try out this new blade" There was a glint in Tesni's eye and she swung Cysgodion impatiently.

The voice in the sky apologises, and says that she confused him by mentioning it.

Next time, Ellaria is sure to make a bold statement when she wishes to do something. :wink:

The party returns to the entrance, and goes down the path forward. As they go deeper, the walls of the cave begin to turn a rich golden color, and the heroes realize that the wall is actually plated in gold. The heroes continue in awe. As they go, they find gold pieces, strewn all over the floor. Tarn begins to pick them up as they walk. When they finally reach a fork in the path and decide to take a rest, Tarn has collected 400 gold pieces.

Party Leader, how will the gold be divided?

OOC: QM, can I get a confirmation on Tarn and Tesni's health before you throw us into the deep end once again. I haven't updated my sig yet. Also I have a very bad feeling that all that glistens is not gold.

Tarn looks at the others, gold flashing in his hands.

"After what happened with Hoke's sword, I'm loathe to even touch this, but it's too tempting to ignore.

I wish to give everyone 64 gold pieces, except for Alexis who will get an additional 16 to make up for the lack of loot so far. I hope this is fair on everyone."

OOC again, sorry.

K-nut, is the shovel you are using the one we found just now or did you buy it previously?

If it's yours that you bought, then you can keep the gold.

"This is my shovel."

"Thank you for the gold. I hope it does not bite us. This cave really does need heroes to tackle it!" Tesni examined the gold before stowing it away safely.

Tarn is happy for Althior to keep the 10 gold he found using his shovel. Fair is fair.

"The gold will never shine as brightly as the light in your eyes", Tarn replies, but Tesni isn't really listening.

"After what happened with Hoke's sword, I'm loathe to even touch this, but it's too tempting to ignore.

I wish to give everyone 64 gold pieces, except for Alexis who will get an additional 16 to make up for the lack of loot so far. I hope this is fair on everyone."

"Many thanks," Hoke said as he slipped the coins into his belt pouch.

"Now that I've heard that this gold might be like Hoke's sword, I'll hold it as far from me as possible :tongue: , but not before using my shovel to try and find some more gold."

Tarn distributed the gold. As soon as the last coin was in the last purse, a deep, booming voice emanated from the walls themselves.

"HOW DARE YOU TAKE GOLD FROM THE BURIAL SITE OF THE NOBLE HOUSE OF PORTHIAR?! YOU WILL SURELY PAY!"

Stunned, the party could only watch as the path behind them was sealed, leaving only two ways; Left or Right?

Party :

Tarn Valco (Played by Rumble Strike)

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Level 3 Barbarian (Party Leader)

Power: 6

Health: 9/10

Gold: 74

Inventory: Pole-axe (WP: 3), Bottle of Mead, Potion, Venom, Crown, Shovel.

Althior Emorith (Played by K-nut)

sig.jpg

Level 8 Mage

Power: 12

Health: 12/12

Ether: 8/12

Gold: 199

Inventory: Diamond-Imbued Dagger (WP: 4), Dragoro (WP: 3), Topaz (Lightening), Amethyst (Darkness), Lightening Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Grand Tonic.

Alexis Fenral (Played by Masked Builder)

heroicarpg.png

Level 9 Ranger

Power: 15

Health: 14/14

Gold: 120

Inventory: Mockthrill Longbow (WP: 6), Smoke Bomb, Potion, Venom, Bomb, Pickax, Bedroll, Lightening Bomb, Bone.

Ellaria Arbour (Played by Sandy)

ava-ellaria.jpg

Level 3 Cleric

Health: 11/11

Ether: 3/6

Gold: 64

Inventory: Torch (WP: 1), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll, Pickax

Tesni Hightribe (Played by Peppermint_M)

tesni0.jpg

Level 8 Barbarian

Power: 13

Health: 12/15

Gold: 99

Inventory: Cysgodion the Great Sword of Darkness (WP: 7) (equipped) Cryfder (WP: 5), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Bedroll, Venom

Hoke Ablesworth (Played by UsernameMDM)

hoke_ablesword_1a.jpg

Level 3 Knight

Health: 6/12

Gold: 69

Inventory: Kriegmesser (WP: 3), Steel Buckler, Potion, Bedroll, Venom.

OOC: Thanks for the health clarification. For the inventories Tarn should have a Shovel and Ellaria a Pickaxe from the loot discovered by the guard dogs.

Tarn looked around as the voice boomed out.

"Well perhaps the House of Porthiar should not have lined a burial chamber with gold. I'm surprised there was any left!"

He looked at his companions.

"Looks like we are in trouble. Which way do you think we should go?"