Heroica RPG- Quest#5: Cave Sounds

Results of round 2 of the Rabid Dog Battle:

Hoke Ablesworth vs. Dog A- Hit

Tesni Hightribe vs. Dog B- Hit

Tarn Valco vs. Dog A- Hit

Alexis Fenral vs. Dog B- Miss

Althior Emorith vs. Dog A- Hit

Ellaria Arbour vs. Dog B- Spirit Guard

Hoke remains in his sentinel position, and waits for the dog to attack him. Dog A runs at him, but Hoke scores a hit on him, dealing 5 damage. Tesni follows up on Dog B, and deals 12 damage. She then winces as the poison takes its toll. Tarn sees his opportunity, and scores a hit on Dog A, dealing 5 more damage. Alexis fires a bolt at Dog B, but misses. Althior scores a hit on Dog A, putting it down for good. Dog B, enraged by it's fellow's death, Attempts to poison Ellaria, whose spirit guard protects her.

One enemy remains.

Rabid Guard Dog B

Type: Beast

Level: 4

Health: 10/22

Special: Diseased Bite- Causes a poisoned effect on the target, causing them to lose one health each round until the battle ends or the effect is remedied.

Drops: Nothing

Since there is only one enemy left, the next round will be played automatically.

Results of round 3 of the Rabid Dog Battle:

Hoke Ablesworth vs. Dog B- Damage

Tesni Hightribe vs. Dog B- Damage

Tarn Valco vs. Dog B- Damage

Alexis Fenral vs. Dog B- Shield

Althior Emorith vs. Dog B- Critical Hit

Ellaria Arbour vs. Dog B- Shield

As Hoke gets up from his sentinel position, the dog goes berserk. It first attacks Hoke, dealing 4 damage. It then turns on Tesni, dealing another 4 damage. Tesni then winces as the poison takes effect, dealing an additional 1 damage. The dog leaps on Tarn, dealing 4 damage. Alexis puts an end to the dog's rampage with a tripleshot, dealing an insane 36 damage.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

Party (After the Battle):

Tarn Valco (Played by Rumble Strike)

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Level 3 Barbarian (Party Leader)

Power: 6

Health: 6/10

Gold: 10

Inventory: Pole-axe (WP: 3), Bottle of Mead, Potion, Venom, Crown.

Althior Emorith (Played by K-nut)

sig.jpg

Level 8 Mage

Power: 12

Health: 12/12

Ether: 8/12

Gold: 125

Inventory: Diamond-Imbued Dagger (WP: 4), Dragoro (WP: 3), Topaz (Lightening), Amethyst (Darkness), Lightening Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Grand Tonic.

Alexis Fenral (Played by Masked Builder)

heroicarpg.png

Level 9 Ranger

Power: 15(?)

Health: 14/14

Gold: 50

Inventory: Mockthrill Longbow (WP: 6), Smoke Bomb, Potion, Venom, Bomb, Pickax, Bedroll, Lightening Bomb, Bone.

Ellaria Arbour (Played by Sandy)

ava-ellaria.jpg

Level 3 Cleric

Health: 11/11

Ether: 3/6

Gold: 0

Inventory: Torch (WP: 1), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll.

Tesni Hightribe (Played by Peppermint_M)

tesni0.jpg

Level 8 Barbarian

Power: 13

Health: 4/15

Gold: 35

Inventory: Cryfder (WP: 5), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Bedroll, Venom

Hoke Ablesworth (Played by UsernameMDM)

hoke_ablesword_1a.jpg

Level 3 Knight

Health: 8/12

Gold: 5

Inventory: Kriegmesser (WP: 3), Steel Buckler, Potion, Bedroll, Venom.

The enemies drop nothing.

Though they dropped nothing, I recall a few barrels of tools behind them. I'd like to take the pickaxe if nobody minds. :sweet: Or shall we treat those as the loot of the battle?

OOC: We are out of battle and the Barbarian trait heals me, if that is alright.

Tesni winced as the poison once again made itself known alongside her other wounds cashing their IOUs, leaning against the cave wall she placed Cryf near a hand for a quick rest.

"That dog really went bezerk at the end there, good work putting it down, Alexis."

Tarn saw the shovel in the barrel and took it.

"The old guy said he wanted a shovel if we found one."

He looked in the other barrels for possible items.

Ellaria held the torch over the barrels so her companions could take a better look into them.

"Oh look! There seems to be all kinds of items in there. I wouldn't mind having at least one of them..."

(Note: My ether should now be 4/7.)

Hey look, a bottle! Though it's empty, I'll keep it for safe keeping.

OOC: The Bottle doesn't do anything, I just had a plan to use one for something when we got back to Heroica Hall. I found this the perfect opportunity. :classic:

Hoke wiped his sword off on the nearest slain beast. He slid it into his scabbard and walked over to the crates and barrels the dogs were protecting.

OOC: Is there anything suitable for a knight in the crates and barrels?

OOC: What's with the question mark next to my power?

~Mod Note~

For some reason, it was 11 before the end of this round. Probably a mistake on my end, but I wanted to ask you first.

The heroes search the crates, and find four items of any value...

Great Sword of Darkness (WP: 7) (Suitable for knights and barbarians)

Shovel

Pickaxe

Ancient Longsword of Flame (WP:11) (Suitable for knights and rogues)

Party Leader how will the loot of the barrels be divided?

Party Leader how will the loot of the barrels be divided?

Hoke draws out a longsword from the pile. It is well balanced with a fine edge. Hoke senses something else about the sword, beyond it's physical appearance. The ruby in the pommel seemed to swirl and glow....

Hoke shook the daze off and looked towards the party leader, hoping he would be partnered with this fine blade.

Edited by UsernameMDM

Tesni stood up again, her rest had worked well, it was as if nothing had injured her at all. "These would be effective against the undead yes?" she asked of Ellaria. "Should weapons be dealt to improve the attack of weaker party members or to make the strongest effective against the undead?"

"Hmmm, this is tricky. I wish there was something that Ellaria could benefit from here, she's been great so far.

OK, this is the way I see it:

Ancient Longsword of Flame (WP:11) (Suitable for knights and rogues) -

As we don't have a Rogue in the party, this goes to our first line of attack, Hoke Ablesworth. Use it wisely my friend.

Great Sword of Darkness (WP: 7) (Suitable for knights and barbarians) -

As our Knight has a new weapon, it's between myself and Tesni. Tesni, I give this to you. A strong, striking, beautiful woman such as yourself will suit such a blade. I know Cryf has been through a lot with you but this one is a more powerful weapon.

Shovel -

I will take this for now, in order to give it to our Quest sponsor Eran Hinckwell who wanted one, once we've cleaned out these caves.

Pickaxe -

Althior, I know you wanted this, but I'd like to give it to Ellaria as she has received no loot from the Quest so far. She can then use it, or sell it in one of the shops in Heroica's fantastically-realised marketplace.

Alexis, I know this leaves you short again, I'm sorry. I hope we find more loot which will aid you specifically."

OOC: QM, are we using the new Job Traits for Barbarians now, as Sandy has tweaked it to say that Barbarians fully heal on their own after each battle. I know Pep raised that earlier, I would just like confirmation as a fellow Barbarian.

Ancient Longsword of Flame (WP:11) (Suitable for knights and rogues) -

As we don't have a Rogue in the party, this goes to our first line of attack, Hoke Ablesword. Use it wisely my friend.

"I shall use this well. Many thanks," said Hoke.

He unblucked this kriegsmesser and slid it between his back and backpack and tied it secure. Hoke buckled on the longsword's scabbard and then stepped through a few sword drills to get a measure of his new sword. The cave was a bit dark and there was a quest to complete, so Hoke decided he would have to further investigate the sword and its strange ruby back at Heroica Hall.

Ellaria thanks Tarn for the pickaxe. It will surely come in handy if they ever encounter something like a cave-in.

Great Sword of Darkness (WP: 7) (Suitable for knights and barbarians)

(OoC: Are these two swords darkness- and fire-elemental, as their names hint? If they are, it should say so in the description.)

Tesni greatfully accepted the sword. "Cryf is not effective against these creatures here, so it seems. This blade is indeed stronger and could be imbued with powers. She placed Cryf on her back and hefted the new blade.

Tarn smiled at Tesni as she hefted the new sword. "It looks perfect in your hand", he said.

Turning his attention to the cave, it appeared they had reached another dead end.

"It seems as though we need to head back to where the wall opened up", he offered.

"No use with dead ends, past the grave would be a good path." Tesni agreed, carefully examining her new sword. It sounded elemental, a great help against the undead that probably lay beyond the site of their first battle.

~Mod Note~

Yes, the swords are elemental. Sorry 'bout that. :blush:

Hoke takes the sword of Flame. As he examines it, it suddenly bursts into flame, dealing him 3 damage. Hoke drops the sword, stunned, and watches it burn into ashes.

Hoke Ablesworth (Played by UsernameMDM)

hoke_ablesword_1a.jpg

Level 3 Knight

Health: 5/12

Gold: 5

Inventory: Kriegmesser (WP: 3), Steel Buckler, Potion, Bedroll, Venom.

Hoke lets out a cough. Without any words, he unslings his pack, unties his kriegsmesser, and loops the scabbard back onto his belt. He readjusts his sword and pack and wipes the soot off his face.

Seeing what happened to Hoke, Tesni takes the dark sword very gingerly from the crates. The sword is a shining black, black as a moon-less night. There are ancient runes etched into the hilt, and the pommel is encrusted with amethyst pieces. As soon as Tesni touches the sword, it releases a deep, guttural sound, and the blade swirls with black magic. Tesni knows that it has accepted her as its new owner.

Tesni, please name your new sword.

Seeing that the party seems to be just hanging out, Hoke decides to rest up a bit

Hoke uses his bedroll for rest.

OCC - Is this how it works? If so, how much health do I get back? If not, how do you use the bedroll correctly?

The dar imbued blade had accepted her, Tesni knew it was custom to name a blade, "Cysgodion." She said to the blade, holding it aloft.

"It means Shadows in the old tounge."

(OCC- Kys-god-ee-yon is the pronunciation I would use. Northern Welsh might differ.)

Tarn looked on in anguish as the sword burnt away in Hoke's hand. He was upset because it had been his decision to take the sword and give it to the Knight. He would have to be more careful in the future.

OCC - Is this how it works? If so, how much health do I get back? If not, how do you use the bedroll correctly?

OOC: All. :wink:

"I'm not sure that resting is a good idea, with all the eerie noises in the cave, but if you all want to rest, I have no problem with it. And Hoke, if we don't stop to rest you can still use your potion."