Sign in to follow this  
Sisco

Heroica RPG- Quest#5: Cave Sounds

The heroes turn left, at Tarn's discretion. They trek for about ten minutes, when the barking picks up again. It's a savage, guttural barking that pierces the heart of each and every hero. Soon, only a corner separates the party from the barking.

Will the party Continue or Turn back?

~Mod Note~

I'm going to wait for everyone to put in their two cents here, Rumble.

The heroes steel themselves, and walk around the corner. They see two barrels, and two guard dogs. The dogs' mouths are white with foam, and there is a wild glint in their eyes.

6117942915_3e2cacf583.jpg

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Rabid Guard Dog A

Type: Beast

Level: 4

Health: 22/22

Special: Diseased Bite- Causes a poisoned effect on the target, causing them to lose one health each round until the battle ends or the effect is remedied.

Drops: Nothing

Rabid Guard Dog B

Special: Diseased Bite- Causes a poisoned effect on the target, causing them to lose one health each round until the battle ends or the effect is remedied.

Party:

Tarn Valco (Played by Rumble Strike)

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Level 2 Barbarian (Party Leader)

Power: 5

Health: 9/9

Gold: 10

Inventory: Pole-axe (WP: 3), Bottle of Mead, Potion, Venom, Crown.

Althior Emorith (Played by K-nut)

sig.jpg

Level 7 Mage

Power: 11

Health: 11/11

Ether: 8/11

Gold: 125

Inventory: Diamond-Imbued Dagger (WP: 4), Dragoro (WP: 3), Topaz (Lightening), Amethyst (Darkness), Lightening Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Grand Tonic.

Alexis Fenral (Played by Masked Builder)

heroicarpg.png

Level 8 Ranger

Health: 13/13

Gold: 50

Inventory: Mockthrill Longbow (WP: 6), Smoke Bomb, Potion, Venom, Bomb, Pickax, Bedroll, Lightening Bomb, Bone.

Ellaria Arbour (Played by Sandy)

ava-ellaria.jpg

Level 2 Cleric

Health: 10/10

Ether: 3/6

Gold: 0

Inventory: Torch (WP: 1), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll.

Tesni Hightribe (Played by Peppermint_M)

tesni0.jpg

Level 7 Barbarian

Power: 12

Health: 10/14

Gold: 35

Inventory: Cryfder (WP: 5), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Bedroll, Venom

Hoke Ablesworth (Played by UsernameMDM)

hoke_ablesword_1a.jpg

Level 2 Knight

Gold: 5

Inventory: Kriegmesser (WP: 3), Steel Buckler, Potion, Bedroll, Venom.

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

I'll attack Dog A from the back row.

OOC: Do I need to specify which weapon to use?

OOC: Do I need to specify which weapon to use?

~Mod Note~

Nah, I figured that you would use the stronger of the two. I actually need to change your power now...

"I knew we'd be running into some canine trouble, but these fleabags look really diseased!

Same order as last time, with our heavy hitters going first.

Battle Order

Hoke

Tesni

Tarn

Alexis

Althior

Ellaria

I suggest those who can fight from the back do so. Also as we are only against 2 enemies perhaps one of us who got a Venom vial should use it on our weapon? At your own discretion, obviously.

I will attack Rabid Guard Dog A from the front row."

Hoke draws his sword, holding it out to the side ready to strike. He lifts his buckler up in front of him and lowers his stance.

Hoke will attack Rabid Guard Dog A from the front row.

(OOC - I suggest 5 of us target one dog, and the 6th member target the other dog. This should hopefully kill the first dog and any attacks remaining will be transferred to the second dog.)

Tesni eyed the dogs, their strength was a little under twice her own. While the ranger Alexis could wipe off half their health in one hit, she was targeting a different hound to the less experienced team mates. "I shall target guard hound A from the front row!" Tesni called to her teammates, grasping Cryf. "Finally somthing I can really hit!"

Ellaria evaluated the situation.

"Hmm, since everyone has relatively high health, I guess I will add my humble strike into the battle. At least I cannot be harmed by the rabid hounds' poisonous bites."

Ellaria attacks Rabid Guard Hound B from the front row.

Results of round 1 of the Rabid Dog Battle:

Hoke Ablesworth vs. Dog A- Shield

Tesni Hightribe vs. Dog A- Special Damage

Tarn Valco vs. Dog A- Extra Critical Hit

Alexis Fenral vs. Dog B- Damage

Althior Emorith vs. Dog A- Damage

Ellaria Arbour vs. Dog B- Spirit Guard

Hoke starts of the battle by taking the sentinel position, safeguarding the party from physical damage. Unfortunately, Dog A gets through, and deals a diseased bite to Tesni, Poisoning her. Tarn is enraged, and scores an Extra Critical Hit on the beast, dealing 11 damage. Dog B tries to attack Alexis, but is deflected by Hoke's buckler. Althior is then attacked by Dog A, but the hound only gets a mouthful of buckler. Dog B goes for the diseased bite on Ellaria, but she is protected by her Spirit Guard. Tesni winces as the poison from the dog's bite takes effect, and deals 1 damage to her.

Dogs A and B remain. The battle continues.

Rabid Guard Dog A

Health: 11/22

Rabid Guard Dog B

Party after Round 1:

Tarn Valco (Played by Rumble Strike)

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Level 2 Barbarian (Party Leader)

Health: 9/9

Gold: 10

Inventory: Pole-axe (WP: 3), Bottle of Mead, Potion, Venom, Crown.

Althior Emorith (Played by K-nut)

sig.jpg

Level 7 Mage

Ether: 8/11

Gold: 125

Inventory: Diamond-Imbued Dagger (WP: 4), Dragoro (WP: 3), Topaz (Lightening), Amethyst (Darkness), Lightening Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Grand Tonic.

Alexis Fenral (Played by Masked Builder)

heroicarpg.png

Level 8 Ranger

Health: 13/13

Gold: 50

Inventory: Mockthrill Longbow (WP: 6), Smoke Bomb, Potion, Venom, Bomb, Pickax, Bedroll, Lightening Bomb, Bone.

Ellaria Arbour (Played by Sandy)

ava-ellaria.jpg

Level 2 Cleric

Health: 10/10

Ether: 3/6

Gold: 0

Inventory: Torch (WP: 1), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll.

Tesni Hightribe (Played by Peppermint_M)

tesni0.jpg

Level 7 Barbarian

Power: 12

Health: 9/14 *Poisoned*

Gold: 35

Inventory: Cryfder (WP: 5), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Bedroll, Venom

Hoke Ablesworth (Played by UsernameMDM)

hoke_ablesword_1a.jpg

Level 2 Knight

Gold: 5

Inventory: Kriegmesser (WP: 3), Steel Buckler, Potion, Bedroll, Venom.

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

"Lucky us, Hoke will protect us for the next turn! I think I will attack Rabid Guard Hound A from the front row this time."

"Urgh, poison is not good! I will target dog B from the front row as you others may be able to finish his fellow off!" Tesni tried her best to ignore the poison, so she could attack the beast.

Seeing the rabid tenacity in the dogs, Hoke assumes a defensive stance. He could damage the animals with skillful strikes, but protecting his quest mates seemed more important.

"See everyone, my shield works just fine!" Hoke laughed as he greeted the dogs' attacks with a steel buckler to their muzzles.

Tarn looked pleased with himself as he'd given the guard dog a particularly fierce whack with his pole-axe, but knew they still had work to do to finish the fight.

"Listen to Ellaria guys, she's absolutely right as usual. With the Sentinel protection of Hoke we can all attack from the front row.

Same as last time for the battle order. I assume everyone is happy with the order?

Battle Order

Hoke

Tesni

Tarn

Alexis

Althior

Ellaria

I will attack Guard Dog A from the Front Row

Seeing the effectiveness of his buckler, and the eagerness to end the battle from his fellow adventurers, Hoke takes a defensive stance.

Hoke assumes the sentinel position on the front row.

Seeing the effectiveness of his buckler, and the eagerness to end the battle from his fellow adventurers, Hoke takes a defensive stance.

Hoke assumes the sentinel position on the front row.

Ellaria is puzzled at the knight's exclamation.

"Hoke, you are already on the Sentinel position and will cover us for the next round, thank you for that! You now need to choose a target to attack!"

Ellaria is puzzled at the knight's exclamation.

"Hoke, you are already on the Sentinel position and will cover us for the next round, thank you for that! You now need to choose a target to attack!"

Hoke slowly turns his head back to regard Ellaria. He throws her a wink and turns back around. Hoke twirls the kriegsmesser in front of him and with a sharp flick points the sword back and downwards. He raises his steel buckler up and close to his chest and prepares himself to launch towards the rabid dogs.

Hoke will attack Rabid Dog A from the front row.

Edited by UsernameMDM

~Mod Note~

Everyone, please read my post in the discussion topic. I apologize for the inconvenience.