Sign in to follow this  
Sisco

Heroica RPG- Quest#5: Cave Sounds

Good to have you with us Mr Ablesword!

Hoke looks over to Tarn and nods.

"Glad to be here. Let's bury this fiend in a proper grave."

Remembering all of his sword and shield drills, Hoke charged the spider with methodic intent. Seeing a split second opening, Hoke thrust his sword forward, striking true. With a crack of its chitinous shell and gush of ichorous goo, the spider collapsed in a dead heap. As the spider's hairy legs gave out their last rigored spasms, Hoke held his shield between himself and the undead and waded back to his place in the formation.

Since there is only one enemy left, the next round will be played automatically. I should have done this earlier, sorry. :blush:

Results of Round 3 of Undead Nobleman Battle:

Hoke Ablesworth vs. Undead Nobleman- Damage

Tesni Hightribe vs. Undead Nobleman- Shield

Tarn Valco vs. Undead Nobleman- Hit

Alexis Fenral vs. Undead Nobleman- Damage

Althior Emorith vs. Undead Nobleman- Critical Hit (Lightening Spell)

Ellaria Arbour vs. Undead Nobleman- Spirit Guard

The Nobleman decides to step out of his coffin, seeing as his fellows were dead. Hoke ran head-first at the Nobleman, only to get a gash to the side, receiving 6 damage. Seeing her questmate bleeding from the wound, Tesni once again launches into a Frenzy, which does nothing to the Undead fiend. Tarn scores a hit, slashing a scar in a rib bone. The skeleton only laughs. The Nobleman lashes out against Alexis, dealing a whopping 8 damage. Enraged at his party's injuries, Althior releases a powerful burst of lightening magic, causing 12 damage, thus killing the Nobleman once and for all. The Nobleman groans, climbs back into the coffin, and falls into a pile of bones. Tarn reaches in and grabs the crown, a bone, and the dagger, and adds them to the pile of goodies to be distributed.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS!

All party members gain a level of experience, so update your signatures accordingly. The enemies drop three venoms, a crown, a dagger (WP: 4), and a bone.

Party (After the Battle):

Tarn Valco (Played by Rumble Strike)

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Level 2 Barbarian (Party Leader)

Power: 5

Health: 9/9

Gold: 10

Inventory: Pole-axe (WP: 3), Bottle of Mead, Potion

Althior Emorith (Played by K-nut)

sig.jpg

Level 7 Mage

Power: 10

Health: 11/11

Ether: 8/11

Gold: 125

Inventory: Dragoro (WP: 3), Topaz (Lightening), Amethyst (Darkness), Lightening Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Grand Tonic.

Alexis Fenral (Played by Masked Builder)

heroicarpg.png

Level 8 Ranger

Power: 11

Health: 4/13

Gold: 50

Inventory: Mockthrill Longbow (WP: 6), Smoke Bomb, Potion, Venom, Bomb, Pickax, Bedroll, Lightening Bomb.

Ellaria Arbour (Played by Sandy)

ava-ellaria.jpg

Level 2 Cleric

Health: 10/10

Ether: 4/6

Gold: 0

Inventory: Torch (WP: 1), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll.

Tesni Hightribe (Played by Peppermint_M)

tesni0.jpg

Level 7 Barbarian

Power: 12

Health: 10/14

Gold: 35

Inventory: Cryfder (WP: 5), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Beroll.

Hoke Ablesworth (Played by UsernameMDM)

hoke_ablesword_1a.jpg

Level 2 Knight

Health: 4/11

Gold: 5

Inventory: Kriegmesser (WP: 3), Steel Buckler, Potion, Bedroll.

Party Leader, how will the spoils of the battle be divided?

Venom x3

Bone

Crown (300 Gold at end of quest)

Dagger (WP: 4) Suitable for Mages and Rogues.

"I need to make better use of my buckler next time," Hoke said followed by a pain wracking cough and chuckle.

Hoke pressed his buckler hand into the gash on his side and rejoined the group. He allowed himself to celebrate the victory on the inside, but did not feel too victorious on the outside. Hoke raised a bloodied hand from his side to inspect his wound. He wondered if he should consume his potion, ask for healing from the party's cleric or tough it out through the next battle.

"I do not like the undead" Tesni growled, kicking the pile of bones that the defeated monster had become. She had heard that a diamond could make a sword hurt the undead and considered seeking out her own.

"I need to make better use of my buckler next time," Hoke said followed by a pain wracking cough and chuckle.

Hoke pressed his buckler hand into the gash on his side and rejoined the group. He allowed himself to celebrate the victory on the inside, but did not feel too victorious on the outside. Hoke raised a bloodied hand from his side to inspect his wound. He wondered if he should consume his potion, ask for healing from the party's cleric or tough it out through the next battle.

Ellaria wiped the sweat from her forehead.

"Phew, that was a tough one! I seriously hope other monsters in this cavern are not that menacing. I will of course heal you at the cost of an ether, Hoke, but I have to wonder how the skeleton managed to hurt you so badly despite your shield? It was only Level 4..."

Ellaria turned to Alexis.

"I will naturally heal you as well."

Ellaria started to chant a silent hymn, and pale green light lit up in her hands. She ran the hands across Hoke and Alexis' wounds, and restored them to full health, losing 2 ether in the process. She now had 3/6 ether remaining, since she had used up one during the battle.

Ellaria wiped the sweat from her forehead.

"Phew, that was a tough one! I seriously hope other monsters in this cavern are not that menacing. I will of course heal you at the cost of an ether, Hoke, but I have to wonder how the skeleton managed to hurt you so badly despite your shield? It was only Level 4..."

"It seemed like his icy hands went right through it. Maybe it's not as bad as I thought."

Hoke felt his body lift slighty and muscles tense as Ellaria's healing magic took effect

"Thanks for your healing Ellaria. I had thought to tread the path of the cleric once. You're an asset to this party, and I hope to prove the same."

Hoke inspected the rest of himself and checked his equipment. He adjusted his pack and cinched it up a bit for a tighter fit. He rolled his shoulder and streched his side where the skeleton had score a hit. Thanks to Ellaria's magic, everyting was better than new.

"Good job everyone!" Tarn said, in high spirits despite the injuries the party had sustained. Their first battle had been victorious.

"I will divide the spoils up as follows:

Venom x3 - one for Hoke, one for Tesni, one for myself. This is because we are the frontline damage-dealers.

Bone - I'll give this to Alexis, it may come in useful along with her Animal Friend skill.

Crown (300 Gold at end of quest)- divide this up later when sold.

Dagger (WP: 4) Suitable for Mages and Rogues - give to Althior as our resident mage.

Ellaria my dear, I am so sorry that I haven't got anything to give you. Let's hope that we find something nice for you soon!"

Tesni took the venom and placed it in her bag. "Maybe it will help in future combat." She said, swiping some cave dust from her scrapes. "What do we do now? Check what the animal noise was?"

Ellaria smiles sheepishly.

"Oh, it is quite alright, Mr. Val... eh, Tarn. I am satisfied just to be on this adventure. I did not think I could be as much use as I have been, but now I am glad I read all those books." :blush:

"I'm ready to face whatever barked at us."

"Okay I shall use the bone well. What should I do about my wounds?"

"I'm ready to face whatever barked at us."

"That was down in the opposite direction." :wink:

What a nice dagger! We should go back to the barking noise.

"Okay I shall use the bone well. What should I do about my wounds?"

I guess Ellaria could heal you. And if not, I'd be more than happy to give you mt potion.

"I seem to recall she healed you ranger." Tesni said to Alexis.

Ellaria turned to Alexis.

"I will naturally heal you as well."

Ellaria started to chant a silent hymn, and pale green light lit up in her hands. She ran the hands across Hoke and Alexis' wounds, and restored them to full health, losing 2 ether in the process. She now had 3/6 ether remaining, since she had used up one during the battle.

While the quest was still young, Tesni was still concerned that communication wasn't going so well.

While everyone was accepting their spoils of the battle, Althior's Mage Senses screamed.

"This dagger...," Althior began. "It's been imbued with a Diamond!"

The party stood a moment to soak in this information.

Tarn looked at the dagger, his brown eyes shining in the half-light afforded by the torch.

"Great, I think the Diamond means that if we run into any more undead... things, that we will also have this to use as a physical weapon against them too."

"Wow yeah that dagger will be a great weapon if we run across any other Undead."

"I seem to recall she healed you ranger." Tesni said to Alexis.

"Oh I guess I missed that. Sorry."

Well, any thoughts about selling this baby when we got back to Heroica Hall are long gone! :laugh: Remind me when we get back to put my mage senses into a bottle.

The party heads back to the entrance of the cave, intending to go left. But as they're about to walk that way, the wall begins making a low grinding noise. Slowly, the wall parts, revealing a third passageway.

The party may go Forward or Left.

If we can't hear anything further down the passageway that's opened forward, I'd say we should still go left.

Plus it really seems like a trap!

The party stands still and listens for a moment. Nothing is heard, but the new passage carries with it a cold wind, with the unmistakable stench of death.

Forward or Left?