Sign in to follow this  
Sisco

Heroica RPG- Quest#5: Cave Sounds

OOC:

As Party Leader can I override or choose other party members actions? Not trying to be a dictator or anything but it's be useful to know.

OOC:

As Party Leader can I override or choose other party members actions? Not trying to be a dictator or anything but it's be useful to know.

~Mod note~

Since MDM is being unresponsive and hasn't said a word the entire quest ( :hmpf_bad: ), I will allow Rumble Strike to dictate his actions, at least until MDM decides to show up.

OOC: Thanks!

Hoke Ablesworth will fight from the front row and attack spider A.

Apart from that I would just like Althior to change his target seeing as he's a magic user, but as he's stated his attack preference before I guess we could just start and see how we do.

Results of round 1 of the Undead Nobleman battle:

Hoke Ablesworth vs. Spider A- Hit

Tesni Hightribe vs. Spider C- Damage

Tarn Valco vs. Spider B- Extra Critical Hit

Alexis Fenral- Lightening Bomb

Althior Emorith vs. Spider A- Damage (Negated due to Lightening Bomb)

Ellaria Arbour vs. Undead Nobleman- Hit

The battle begins with Hoke scoring a hit on Spider A, dealing 4 damage. Tesni tries to follow up with Spider C, but the spider feints, scores a hit on Tesni, and deals 3 damage. Tarn sees Tesni take a hit, and is encouraged to score an extra critical hit on Spider B, dealing a whopping ten damage, killing the spider. Seeing the Undead Nobleman sitting pretty and watching the battle, Alexis throws her lightening bomb, dealing 5 damage all enemies, killing Spider A. Althior stands dumbfounded as his target is killed by the bomb, and doesn't choose a new target in time. Ellaria feels sorry for the nobleman's pitiful state, and attempts to heal him. Instead, she deals 2 damage to him, since he is undead.

Spider C and the Undead Nobleman remain.

Enemies:

Undead Nobleman

Type: Undead

Level: 4

Health: 23/30

Special: Horrible Moan- Causes the target to have a deep fear in their hearts, sending them to the back row until the battle ends.

Drops: Crown, Dagger (WP: 4), Bone

Spider C

Type:Vermin

Level: 2

Health: 3/8

Special: Poison bite- Causes a poison effect on the target until the effect is remedied or the battle ends.

Drops: Venom

Party:

Tarn Valco (Played by Rumble Strike)

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Level 1 Barbarian (Party Leader)

Power: 4

Health: 8/8

Gold: 10

Inventory: Pole-axe (WP: 3), Bottle of Mead, Potion

Althior Emorith (Played by K-nut)

sig.jpg

Level 6 Mage

Power: 9

Health: 10/10

Ether: 10/10

Gold: 125

Inventory: Dragoro (WP: 3), Topaz (Lightening), Amethyst (Darkness), Lightening Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Grand Tonic.

Alexis Fenral (Played by Masked Builder)

heroicarpg.png

Level 7 Ranger

Power: 10

Health: 12/12

Gold: 50

Inventory: Mockthrill Longbow (WP: 6), Smoke Bomb, Potion, Venom, Bomb, Pickax, Bedroll, Lightening Bomb.

Ellaria Arbour (Played by Sandy)

ava-ellaria.jpg

Level 1 Cleric

Health: 9/9

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Inventory: Torch (WP: 1), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll.

Tesni Hightribe (Played by Peppermint_M)

tesni0.jpg

Level 6 Barbarian

Power: 11

Health: 10/13

Gold: 35

Inventory: Cryfder (WP: 5), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Beroll.

Hoke Ablesworth (Played by UsernameMDM)

hoke_ablesword_1a.jpg

Level 1 Knight

Gold: 5

Inventory: Kriegmesser (WP: 3), Steel Buckler, Potion, Bedroll.

~Mod Note~

If anything is incorrect here, please, don't hesitate to tell me. This is the first battle I've hosted, so I expect some mistakes. Thanks!

What just happened? :laugh: I'll attack Spider C from the back row. I suggest everyone else focus on the nobleman.

Ellaria nods as she cluthes her Snake Staff harder.

"We can do this... I can do this!"

Ellaria attempts to heal Undead Nobleman again from the back row.

Note: Ellaria should have 4/5 Ether now that she succeeded in healing the enemy.

Tarn was impressed that he had outright felled an enemy with his first hit. He raised his pole-axe in defiance.

"There's more where that came from! Let 'em have it!"

He then turns to the rest of the team.

"Althior, as Ellaria said, your mage powers and her cleric powers are our only weapons against the undead. You should focus on the nobleman rather than the spider which the rest of us will take care of."

He thought it would be a long fight with only 2 of the 6 heroes able to attack the undead.

I will attack Spider C from the Front Row.

Hoke will also Spider C from the Front Row.

Battle order

Same as before:

Hoke Ablesworth

Tesni

Tarn

Alexis

Althior

Ellaria

But Tarn, my elemental powers do not work on the undead. Nevertheless, I'll switch to attacking the nobleman with a lightning spell from the back row.

Edited by K-nut

But Tarn, my elemental powers do not work on the undead. Nevertheless, I'll switch to attacking the nobleman from the back row.

Ellaria is confused.

"Where did you get that idea? Your elemental spells and my healing are the only things that can harm an undead. No normal attacks work. Please, Althior, use an elemental spell instead!"

"RRRAAAAArrr!" Tesni was angered by the hit from the spider and screamed defiance "I shall target the undead nobleman from the front row!"

Tarn looked at the tall Barbarian woman and his heart raced. With her anger she was a sight to behold. Nevertheless he thought as Party Leader he needed to step in.

"Uh, Tesni.... Ellaria just said that normal attacks won't hurt the undead..." he stopped, seeing a thick vein begin to throb in her forehead. He paused a second befroe adding, "But if anyone could hurt that thing, it's going to be someone as strong and beautiful as you!"

Ellaria couldn't help but to shake her head as her companions fumbled to get ready for another round of battling.

"Oh my... Did none of you read the 'Aspiring Hero's Guidebook' when you joined Heroica? What about 'Zero To Hero' by H. Ercules? What about 'Heroics 101'? I read them all..." :blush:

"I'm glad we have you here to let us know these crucial details!" said Tarn to Ellaria with a smile.

That's what happens when she created the game does her homework. :laugh:

Hoke stand defiantly on the front row, prepared to attack and prove his worth to the party

Hoke attacks Spider C from the front row.

Good to have you with us Mr Ablesword!

Althior, you still need to actually change your target to the nobleman. Then I think we are good to go for the next round.

I'll switch to attacking the nobleman with a lightning spell from the back row.

:wink:

Thanks Althior! I think we are ready for round 2 then. Let's kick some bony undead backside.

OOC: In the Mafia games editing posts is frowned upon because going back and changing what you put in an earlier post based on newer info is not fair. I don't think that applies in this RPG particularly but that's why I didn't see it before. If you have to post afterwards to say you changed it in an earlier post, you may have well just switched targets in a later post.

~Mod Note~

I'd prefer it if you guys did not edit your posts. I assume it's fine for an RPG, but it's just easier for me to keep track if you just put a different action in a new post. Thank you!

Results of Round 2 of Undead Nobleman Battle:

Hoke Ablesworth vs. Spider C- Critical Hit

Tesni Hightribe vs. Undead Nobleman- Shield

Tarn Valco vs. Undead Nobleman- Extra Critical Hit

Alexis Fenral vs. Undead Nobleman- Hit

Althior Emorith vs. Undead Nobleman (Lightening Spell)- Critical Hit

Ellaria Arbour vs. Undead Nobleman- No Heal

Hoke finally makes a positive appearance, dealing 5 damage, thus knocking out the remaining spider. Seeing that their target has been killed, Tesni, Tarn, and Alexis are forced to switch to the Undead Nobleman. Tesni is enraged from her getting bitten the previous round, and goes into a battle frenzy. While her might would have undoubtedly killed a normal enemy, it unfortunately has no effect on the Nobleman. Inspired by Tesni's beauty in battle, Tarn swings mightily, but it has no effect on the skeleton. Alexis snipes the Nobleman in the eye, but the Nobleman grins more widely. Althior decides to wipe the smirk off of the Nobleman's face, casting a Great Spell, causing 12 damage to the Nobleman, indeed wiping the grin of of its face. Ellaria attempts to follow up by healing the undead creature, but fails in doing so.

The Undead Nobleman remains.

Undead Nobleman

Type: Undead

Level: 4

Health: 11/30

Special: Horrible Moan- Causes the target to have a deep fear in their hearts, sending them to the back row until the battle ends.

Drops: Crown, Dagger (WP: 4), Bone

Party:

Tarn Valco (Played by Rumble Strike)

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Level 1 Barbarian (Party Leader)

Health: 8/8

Gold: 10

Inventory: Pole-axe (WP: 3), Bottle of Mead, Potion

Althior Emorith (Played by K-nut)

sig.jpg

Level 6 Mage

Power: 9

Ether: 9/10

Gold: 125

Inventory: Dragoro (WP: 3), Topaz (Lightening), Amethyst (Darkness), Lightening Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Grand Tonic.

Alexis Fenral (Played by Masked Builder)

heroicarpg.png

Level 7 Ranger

Power: 10

Health: 12/12

Gold: 50

Inventory: Mockthrill Longbow (WP: 6), Smoke Bomb, Potion, Venom, Bomb, Pickax, Bedroll, Lightening Bomb.

Ellaria Arbour (Played by Sandy)

ava-ellaria.jpg

Level 1 Cleric

Health: 9/9

Ether: 4/5

Gold: 0

Inventory: Torch (WP: 1), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll.

Tesni Hightribe (Played by Peppermint_M)

tesni0.jpg

Level 6 Barbarian

Power: 11

Health: 10/13

Gold: 35

Inventory: Cryfder (WP: 5), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Beroll.

Hoke Ablesworth (Played by UsernameMDM)

hoke_ablesword_1a.jpg

Level 1 Knight

Gold: 5

Inventory: Kriegmesser (WP: 3), Steel Buckler, Potion, Bedroll.

Let's finish this! I'll cast a Lightning spell at the nobleman from the back row.