Sign in to follow this  
Sisco

Heroica RPG- Quest#5: Cave Sounds

~This topic is meant only for the players who have been chosen to participate into this quest. If you wish to join the game, head to the Rules and Discussion Topic to learn how to do so.~

Five heroes departed Heroica Hall to visit Eran Hinckwell’s property, where there was reportedly an interesting cave to be explored. The six champions were:

Tarn Valco (Played by Rumble Strike)

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Level 1 Barbarian (Party Leader)

Power: 4

Health: 8/8

Gold: 10

Inventory: Pole-axe (WP: 3), Bottle of Mead, Potion

Althior Emorith (Played by K-nut)

sig.jpg

Level 6 Mage

Power: 9

Health: 10/10

Ether: 10/10

Gold: 125

Inventory: Dragoro (WP: 3), Topaz (Lightening), Amethyst (Darkness), Lightening Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Grand Tonic.

Alexis Fenral (Played by Masked Builder)

heroicarpg.png

Level 7 Ranger

Power: 10

Health: 12/12

Gold: 50

Inventory: Mockthrill Longbow (WP: 6), Smoke Bomb, Potion, Venom, Bomb, Pickax, Bedroll, Lightening Bomb.

Ellaria Arbour (Played by Sandy)

ava-ellaria.jpg

Level 1 Cleric

Health: 9/9

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Inventory: Snake Staff (WP: 3), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll.

Tesni Hightribe (Played by Peppermint_M)

tesni0.jpg

Level 6 Barbarian

Power: 11

Health: 13/13

Gold: 35

Inventory: Cryfder (WP: 5), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Beroll.

Hoke Ablesworth (Played by UsernameMDM)

hoke_ablesword_1a.jpg

Level 1 Knight

Gold: 5

Inventory: Kriegmesser (WP: 3), Steel Buckler, Potion, Bedroll.

Arriving at Eran Hinckwell's residence, the party follows the path to the cave, where they see Eran waiting, a torch in hand. His eyes were unfocused, and it appeared that time had not dealt with him well.

6117943261_d93842d29b.jpg

"Heroes. Glad you came. That racket's keeping me from my beauty sleep! I need it to maintain my beautiful and youthful appearance."

"Now, I bought this property from a family of mages, who've long since been extinct on Eubric ever since. They used this cave for a burial place. If my suspicions are correct, you're up for a fight when you head in there."

"There's probably a bunch of loot in there, so that'll be your bounty, along with the improved relations and extra level of experience. I've been needing a shovel, so if you find one, bring it to me. I'll give you something nice for it."

"There's one catch. One of you has to carry this torch. It only has a (WP: 1). It's necessary to light the cave. If the person who carries this torch drops it or is downed, then you will fail, and surely die in the cave. I will hold your weapon for you. So Party Leader, choose who will carry this. I'll wait in the mean time."

The old Hinckwell stands and waits for the decision.

Ellaria glanced at her new companions.

"Oh my, this sounds awfully dangerous. B-but I will do my best to keep your healths up (if only I had my ether listed as well). As for the carrier of the torch, I believe it should be either me or Mage Althior. Althior's main weapon is his spells, which are of course effected by the power of the weapon he is holding, but still have the potential to cause double or even quadruple damage to certain enemies. On the other hand, I myself should propably concentrate on keeping you healthy rather than fight directly, so I can volunteer to hold the torch... if that is your wish, Mr. Valco."

Ellaria takes a sudden interest at her own feet, not daring to look at her party members' faces.

Tesni inspected the cave, this one certainly did not look home like at all. "I think that in this case I would be best to battle with a sword."

She looked around at the party surrounding her, they all looked capable, even if the cleric was a little nervous.

"I'd say that someone without a low health should carry this torch, but none of us have particularly low health here. But if necessarily, I'll carry the torch."

Tarn looked at Ellaria and smiled. "Please, the "Valco" is an honorific, call me Tarn."

He considered the options for the torch-bearer and decided that Ellaria's words made the most sense. "You are right, Ellaria. Your strengths are not in direct combat. You should hold the torch for us so that we can protect you."

He turned to the old man. "Mr Hinckwell, Ellaria will take the torch."

The Old Hinckwell nods, and hands Ellaria the torch.

"Here you go, lassy."

"Are you all ready to go in the cave now?"

The party nods their ascent, and walks in the cave. As soon as they walk in, they encounter a fork in the cave. An eerie noise is coming from the right.

Which way will the party go? RIGHT or LEFT?

Tarn tried to hide his nervousness by putting on a grim expression and clenching his pole-axe tighter.

"We're here to investigate this cave. I say we do not mess around and head to the right where those sounds are coming from. Opinions?"

"I admire your bravado, Mr. Val... uh, Tarn, but are you sure we are ready for something eerie right off the bat? I'd like to remain cautious and turn left, but it's up to the majority, I guess."

Ellaria held the torch she was given higher and checked the surrounding walls for markings or other things of interest.

"I guess we don't necessarily need to head to them straightaway", Tarn conceded. He wanted to see what the others in the party thought before making a final decision at this early juncture.

As the party deliberates, something wakes up in the passage to the left. Loud barking ensues...

Tarn's eyes widened as the barking sounds echoed along the cavern to the assembled party.

"Sounds like we either head towards the barking noises or the eerie noises then", he said.

OOC: I'm dying to mock Masked's "Here doggy" routine from his last quest but Tarn himself probably never heard about it in the Hall.

Edited by Rumble Strike

Hmm, I say we had to the right, the Hinckwells wouldn't have hired us if the noise they heard was barking, so Right is probably our best bet.

Ellaria gets an idea.

"Miss Fenral, if you'll excuse me... But you are a ranger, so you can communicate with animals, correct? Couldn't you try to contact whatever lies in the left tunnel to give us a clue about what it is?"

She crosses her fingers in hopes that it works.

The barking ceases for a moment, then starts right back up again. The party is not close enough to use Animal Friend effectively.

"Okay I didn't think that would work. It was worth a shot though."

"I think we're probably still to far away from the source of the noise though."

The party heads right. As they walk down the passageway, the eerie noises steadily get louder. At the end of the passageway, the noises carry into moans, and a rattling accompanies the moans. As Ellaria points the torch forward, a coffin is illuminated...

6117942957_3e631ce836.jpg

As Tarn begins to discuss what the party should do, the lid of the coffin slides open...

6118487560_c26682122f.jpg

A Skeleton pops his head out, wielding a knife. Three large black spiders accompany him. The skeleton's head slowly turns toward the party, and unleashes a horrific scream...

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

Enemies:

Undead Nobleman

Type: Undead

Level: 4

Health: 30/30

Special: Horrible Moan- Causes the target to have a deep fear in their hearts, sending them to the back row until the battle ends.

Drops: Crown, Dagger (WP: 4), Bone

Spider A

Type:Vermin

Level: 2

Special: Poison bite- Causes a poison effect on the target until the effect is remedied or the battle ends.

Drops: Venom

Spider B

Special: Poison bite- Causes a poison effect on the target until the effect is remedied or the battle ends.

Spider C

Party:

Tarn Valco (Played by Rumble Strike)

6053295509_408d809eab_t.jpg

Level 1 Barbarian (Party Leader)

Gold: 10

Inventory: Pole-axe (WP: 3), Bottle of Mead, Potion

Althior Emorith (Played by K-nut)

sig.jpg

Level 6 Mage

Power: 9

Ether: 10/10

Gold: 125

Inventory: Dragoro (WP: 3), Topaz (Lightening), Amethyst (Darkness), Lightening Bomb, Potion, Tonic x2, Shovel, Bedroll, Grand Tonic.

Alexis Fenral (Played by Masked Builder)

heroicarpg.png

Level 7 Ranger

Power: 10

Health: 12/12

Gold: 50

Inventory: Mockthrill Longbow (WP: 6), Smoke Bomb, Potion, Venom, Bomb, Pickax, Bedroll, Lightening Bomb.

Ellaria Arbour (Played by Sandy)

ava-ellaria.jpg

Level 1 Cleric

Health: 9/9

Ether: 5/5

Gold: 0

Inventory: Torch (WP: 1), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll.

Tesni Hightribe (Played by Peppermint_M)

tesni0.jpg

Level 6 Barbarian

Power: 11

Health: 13/13

Gold: 35

Inventory: Cryfder (WP: 5), 2 Potions, Phoenix Essence, 2 Meads, Beroll.

Hoke Ablesworth (Played by UsernameMDM)

hoke_ablesword_1a.jpg

Level 1 Knight

Gold: 5

Inventory: Kriegmesser (WP: 3), Steel Buckler, Potion, Bedroll.

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Well it seems that I'm useless here. :sadnew: But seeing as I must, I'll attack Spider A from the back row.

Ellaria can't help but to scream in fear as she sees the skeleton pop up from the coffin.

"Oh no, an undead monster! P-please listen, everyone! This creature cannot be harmed by normal attacks, only elemental ones and healing. This means we will have to rely on Althior's magic spells, my healing skills, potions and whatever bombs we have at hand. The spiders can of course be damaged by normal means. Oh, how I wish this torch would be fire-elemental..."

Ellaria thanks Sylvania that she did some reading at the Heroica Hall's library before embarking on this quest.

"Alright, I will attempt to heal Undead Nobleman from the back row", Ellaria decides.

"Remember we must each target a beast yes? Like we had to in our earlier quest?" Tesni asked of her more experienced fellows "I will Target Spider C from the Front Row" Another battle was most welcome, Tesni hoped this meant many more to come..

OOC: Got confused by Masked's post and it being on a new page. Thought the barking sounds were down the right hand side! D'oh! Some Party Leader I am :blush:

Tarn recoiled at the sight of the undead nobleman, he had seen nothing like it during his years of training in his village in the mountains of Titaan. Still, that's why he had come to Heroica Hall in the first place. He steeled himself and made the attack decision.

"OK, I will attack Spider B from the Front Row.

Althior, Ellaria says your spells will come in handy here, so I want you to attack the undead nobleman rather than the spiders, the non-clerics and mages can take care of them. Likewise Alexis, can you take care of a Spider for us?

Battle order:

Our silent Knight Hoke Ablesworth

Tesni

Tarn

Alexis

Althior

Ellaria

Hopefully our Knight can protect us and then the Barbarians and Ranger can finish off the spiders quickly before our magic users take on the undead.

Hoke, if you are out there, fight from the front row and attack spider A. Alexis should target that one also."

Tarn was pleased that the more experienced Ranger showed initiative, he looked at her appreciatively.

"Ooh, no, use your lightning bomb on the undead nobleman in that case. Hopefully with Hoke, Tesni and myself targetting the spiders, we should finish them off pretty quick."