kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

Well, it's not uncommon for plastic toys to be of unrealistic size, if you catch my meaning. :wink:

Oh wow thats so inappropriate. :laugh:

I am only interested in Core Hunter because of that sort of menacing aura about him. He seems more brutal than anything we have seen, but as a toy, such a bland build.

I don't know if someone said this already but the breakout show is coming on in the US at 8:00 eastern time on Easter sunday.

We'll be uploading it to our youtube channel in HD like we did with Ordeal of Fire and Savage Planet. So happy times will be had.

Edited by Mesonak

I'm excited to finally see this.. with the US Dub.

Too bad I won't be at a computer when it will be uploaded. :/

Easter. Relatives. Dinner.

Omn nom nom.

Hope you all have a Happy Easter. :)

If there's any particular issue with HF, it's that they have no sense of scheduling. Seriously, how was anybody supposed to know about this? All of the other episodes have been on a different channel (for me, anyway) so they wouldn't have recorded if I hadn't known.

Regardless, looking forward to it. It'll hopefully make sense of some burning questions that we all have.

Really excited for that recording, Mesonak!

I have to share feelings with Dorké, Hero Factory would be better if they actually said when they are broadcasting the TV Show.

We'll be uploading it to our youtube channel in HD like we did with Ordeal of Fire and Savage Planet. So happy times will be had.

Are you thethreevirtues?

I manage the channel, yeah. :classic:

I knew it! I knew you were thethreevirtues! I read that message you posted... yesterday? Earlier? I read the bit where you said you posted ordeal of fire and savage planet and my mind clicked. I've seen the videos. Anyway.....can't wait for the recording of the episode!

Breakout in English and the finale of Ninjago season 2 in one week? Awesome! :grin: I say one week because I'm sure it will take Vard at least one day to upload Breakout to the Three Virtues channel. :tongue:

Yes! Finally! Gotta check the TV and make sure it'll be recording. Probably will have to wait off until tomorrow to watch it what with it being Easter today.

Kalhiki

Mesonak, is there any chance you could add subtitles to the recording?

I'm spanish, and though I can talk and understand english really well, there were always some sentences I couldn't hear very crearly in both Ordel Of Fire and Savage Planet, so english subtitles would be greatly welcome.

I support Darking's suggestion, I'm Spanish too and I have a hard time understanding some phrases.

If you need help I'll gladly help out with the subs if you want, Meso.

Well that... was interesting. Doesn't answer much at all, but a fun story nonetheless. Hopefully some more of this plot gets expanded in Part 2, if such a thing actually exists (which I suspect it doesn't).

Well that... was interesting. Doesn't answer much at all, but a fun story nonetheless. Hopefully some more of this plot gets expanded in Part 2, if such a thing actually exists (which I suspect it doesn't).

Are you talking about Part 2 of the Breakout episode or the continuation of the whole Breakout episode?

Continuation. One hour episodes don't usually structure as part one and part two on Nicktoons, at least not during the first run.

Electro: A villain in Hero Factory: Rampant Oceans and is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.

Flatray: A villain in Hero Factory: Rampant Oceans and is voiced by Jeff Glen Bennett.

Crushclaw: A villain in Hero Factory: Rampant Oceans and is voiced by Jason Canning.

Calamari: A villain in Hero Factory: Rampant Oceans and is voiced by Joel Swetow.

Tidal Warrior: A villain in Hero Factory: Rampant Oceans and is voiced by Fred Tatasciore.

Look at what wikipedia is up to now. Albeit, I wish this was real since a water themed year could be kickass! I loved the Barraki

Continuation. One hour episodes don't usually structure as part one and part two on Nicktoons, at least not during the first run.

Well, the episode did end in a cliffhanger. But we will have to wait for a Breakout Part 2 - Part 1 (?) of sorts to see how it finishes.

About that setlist, well, Rampant Oceans did show up in IMDB's Hero Factory page. So I wouldn't be surprised if that list was true. Then again, Hero Factory kind of has some "regular" voice actors.

Electro: A villain in Hero Factory: Rampant Oceans and is voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.

Flatray: A villain in Hero Factory: Rampant Oceans and is voiced by Jeff Glen Bennett.

Crushclaw: A villain in Hero Factory: Rampant Oceans and is voiced by Jason Canning.

Calamari: A villain in Hero Factory: Rampant Oceans and is voiced by Joel Swetow.

Tidal Warrior: A villain in Hero Factory: Rampant Oceans and is voiced by Fred Tatasciore.

Look at what wikipedia is up to now. Albeit, I wish this was real since a water themed year could be kickass! I loved the Barraki

Well, it's not entirely baseless, considering it's on the internet movie database far before it was on wikipedia. As to whether or not that's 100% reliable... I can't speak to that.

@Vinyl Scratch: I'll have to get in contact with you more about that in the coming days as to how exactly that would work, because if we were to do that we'd definitely need some help.

Breakout was recorded, by the way, but as to when it'll be uploaded to our channel... I can tell you that it will be soon, but how soon is up in the air. Working as fast as we can to get it out to you guys.

My thoughts on the episode...

I enjoyed it as much as Savage Planet, but for different reasons. The animation seemed better to me, the plot was... intriguing (I'll expand upon it later), and the enviroments were varied and unique. The voice work, at it's core, was also well done, and enjoyed the variety in voices for once. I have a couple of gripes with the episode, however.

The voice acting seemed strangely... stiff a lot of the time. From the heroes and the villains. It seemed, at times, to me at least, like they were reading from a script (cue: Stringer talking to himself nonstop). It just bothered me, compared to previous episodes, where I really didn't notice that all too much. Oh well, I suppose it's really just a minor gripe.

But another thing I noticed was the introduction of several plot points that either weren't explained to their fullest or weren't expounded upon enough to actually make an impact (Oxidium and its properties, origins, etc, Anti-Quaza, Evo learning to trust himself), though it was nice they included these.

The story also seemed slightly rushed and underdeveloped. Not the plot as a whole, but rather the numerous villain captures and how they were handled given the timeframe of the episode. The abrupt cutaways and transitions didn't help whatsoever. Surge vs. Splitface seemed the strongest to me, Voltix, for being the "introductory villain" of sorts, seemed very underwhelming, Toxic Reapa and Speeda Demon seemed painfully shallow, but I did enjoy Jawblade's character and motivations. I think it could have been handled better had they left Stringer and Stormer in the summer and kept Breez. You know, how it should have been from the start. Would have given them just a slight bit more time to expand on the numerous plotlines.

I was pretty impressed with Rocka's struggle throughout the Hero Factory, while Black Phantom seized control. That whole segment of scenes seemed very strong.

Overall, I enjoyed it, especially the ending, despite its flaws. I think Savage Planet was slightly better, if just for the consistent story it told, not having to cut away every few minutes (or in some cases, seconds) to another side plot. The ending opens up so many plot points for the future, as long as they're properly fulfilled and not abandoned (which I doubt they will be, unless HF suddenly ends). So I'm looking forward to the summer special.

Edited by Mesonak

I thought that was real! Oh well, maybe next time.

I thought that was real! Oh well, maybe next time.

Nothing says it's not real. The cast list for "Rampant Oceans' including the character names as well as the theme name have been on IMDB for months. Just because someone put them on wikipedia doesn't make them false.

Of course we don't know how legitimate the IMDB cast list is, but still.

I wouuldn't mind a deep sea HF theme, actually. 2007 Bionicle was awesome despite all the limitations of the old building system, so imagine the stuff they could come up with the new, ridiculously versatile one.

Also, we have a sufficient use of warm colours in HF as it is, so that would be quite the occasion for a heavier use of cool colours- blue, lime, dark lilac, medium azure, hopefully the lovely dark blue too. And, maybe, more transparent pieces.

What?! I clicked once! Oh well.

Edited by Rufus