kris kelvin

Hero Factory 2012

But Core Hunter is a normal villain like Drilldozer, Corroder or Splitface. I honestly do not believe the main antagonist of this Hero Factory storyline would be an average-sized set.

That would be a rather interesting twist, wouldn't it? Normal-sized villain with a massive role- possibly behind the whole Breakout plan himself!

I keep wondering how this next episode will play out, if there even is one at all.. I mean, nearly all the villains from both the winter and summer waves have been captured, all we've got left is Breez/Thornraxx, Bulk/Core Hunter, and Nex/XT4. Unless there's going to be an army of XT4 drones or Thornraxx bugs(which would be AWESOME), I don't see how the episode could have a proper, action-packed story that fits into at least an hour of running time.

This episode of Breakout was good mostly, I hope there's a second to wrap up the Breakout story.. I really just want to see Breez and XT4 in action.

Edited by Cirkit

Is anyone else curious about how Zib and the other Mission Managers reactivated after BP charged them with anti quaza? I don't think this was ever explained.

Is anyone else curious about how Zib and the other Mission Managers reactivated after BP charged them with anti quaza? I don't think this was ever explained.

I figured the surge from the Anti-Quaza just "knocked them out". It wasn't any sort of permanent deactivation.

Since there are so few villains to work with, I'm hoping for some 10-15 minute shorts kind of like the Ninjago minimovies. Of course, another 45 minute episode would be great!

Something I've always wanted is for the Hero Factory series to expand to include other villains and settings that aren't part of set storyline. It wouldn't be that expensive to make new models, and I bet there are plenty of voice actors to choose from.

Also, the way Zib talked gave me the impression that it's another villain outside of BP/VN orchestrating the whole thing. Core Hunter, perhaps?

It's supposed to give you the impression that another villain outside of Black Phantom is orchestrating/also controlling the whole thing, which is Von Nebula. I don't know why it seemed to you that BOTH of them were serving someone else.

I keep wondering how this next episode will play out, if there even is one at all.. I mean, nearly all the villains from both the winter and summer waves have been captured, all we've got left is Breez/Thornraxx, Bulk/Core Hunter, and Nex/XT4. Unless there's going to be an army of XT4 drones or Thornraxx bugs(which would be AWESOME), I don't see how the episode could have a proper, action-packed story that fits into at least an hour of running time.

Maybe have the fights not be slightly rushed as they were in Breakout? :sceptic:

Also, I wouldn't like if Core Hunter was the mastermind of the "Villain Factory" plan. I mean, it's very unlikely anyway, but still, I wouldn't like yet another villain leading the plan when we've already got Black Phantom and Von Nebula. I wouldn't mind him being involved in a small way, as Voltix was; heck, it even seemed that all of the escaped villains at least knew about the plan, as they all went about various schemes when they broke free instead of going into hiding, as presumably instructed by Voltix or Phantom. I also think, if he was a main villain, he wouldn't get as much time or a chance to be the core-hunting-hero-killing maniac that he is said to be. Lastly, Core Hunter should be voiced by Michael Dobson. :tongue:

It wouldn't be Core Hunter because he's a small set and that would mean you wouldn't have to buy the big, more expensive set, and that's bad business.

It wouldn't be Core Hunter because he's a small set and that would mean you wouldn't have to buy the big, more expensive set, and that's bad business.

2 words. You're right.

Y'know, I can't tell if you're genuinely making a point about LEGO's trend of having the main villains be the biggest to fulfill their underdog/teamwork shtick, or being snarky about the fact that they pointedly made the Hero sets smaller when designing the line because impulse sets actually sell better than the larger ones.

If the former, then I'd say I disagree; it's not bad business, because they've already proven that smaller sets are better sellers. They just enjoy larger villain boxed sets because it gives the designers more room to play around. Look at Speeda Demon; fairly minor in the scheme of things, but that was their attempt at a vehicle set with the new style.

Edited by Dorek

They just enjoy larger villain boxed sets because it gives the designers more room to play around. Look at Speeda Demon; fairly minor in the scheme of things, but that was their attempt at a vehicle set with the new style.

I imagine a larger factor is that the larger sets also sell well enough to warrant their own continuation.

Y'know, I can't tell if you're genuinely making a point about LEGO's trend of having the main villains be the biggest to fulfill their underdog/teamwork shtick, or being snarky about the fact that they pointedly made the Hero sets smaller when designing the line because impulse sets actually sell better than the larger ones.

If the former, then I'd say I disagree; it's not bad business, because they've already proven that smaller sets are better sellers. They just enjoy larger villain boxed sets because it gives the designers more room to play around. Look at Speeda Demon; fairly minor in the scheme of things, but that was their attempt at a vehicle set with the new style.

The smaller sets sell better, but the point I was making is that the larger set is THE bad guy in order to "force" kids who want to roleplay the adventure to purchase the one big set. If the main bad guy is THE big set, then kids will buy it to have THE villain.

The smaller sets sell better, but the point I was making is that the larger set is THE bad guy in order to "force" kids who want to roleplay the adventure to purchase the one big set. If the main bad guy is THE big set, then kids will buy it to have THE villain.

Depending on how devious you want to view the marketers as, assigning the more important roles to the larger sets also helps the kids get more for what they (their parents) paid for. When you pay more you expect higher quality, so I suppose the higher roleplaying value helps iron out discrepancies that can arise in set design quality.

Actually, Core Hunter is a medium-sized set (US $12.99), and as such he's the largest villain of the 2012 wave not yet featured in the show (XT4 and Thornraxx are both US $8.99). Granted, it's entirely possible that they could bring back an already-captured villain if there's another episode for 2012. And in fact I would have a hard time imagining even a single 22-minute episode with only three heroes and three villains, just based on precedent. If there were one, though, I'm sure it'd be a great opportunity to feature the characters in the same depth the 44-minute Breakout episode allowed.

Personally, from what we've heard about him I prefer to think of Core Hunter as a villain who acts alone, with his own agenda of hunting down individual heroes. So having him as the "mastermind" would conflict with that. But at the same time, he's certainly fearsome enough to fulfill that role from a stylistic perspective.

Obviously Black Phantom's little bug thing was the mind behind the entire operation.

Actually, Core Hunter is a medium-sized set (US $12.99), and as such he's the largest villain of the 2012 wave not yet featured in the show (XT4 and Thornraxx are both US $8.99).

I'm pretty sure he just meant "small" compared to titan-sized sets.

Personally, from what we've heard about him I prefer to think of Core Hunter as a villain who acts alone, with his own agenda of hunting down individual heroes. So having him as the "mastermind" would conflict with that.

Exactly. That's the point I was trying to make earlier.

Obviously Black Phantom's little bug thing was the mind behind the entire operation.

ALL HAIL ARACHNIX! OVERLORD OF ALL VILLAINS! I HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY HIS SPINDLY APPENDAGE! :grin:

By the way, does anyone know why we're not adding episode 8 & 9 pages to HS01? If it's for spoiler reasons, the episodes have already aired and are on the official website now, so I don't think that should be a concern. If it's just that no one has gotten around to it yet, I might be able to construct them, if needed. :classic:

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader

I'm pretty sure he just meant "small" compared to titan-sized sets.

Exactly. That's the point I was trying to make earlier.

ALL HAIL ARACHNIX! OVERLORD OF ALL VILLAINS! I HAVE BEEN TOUCHED BY HIS SPINDLY APPENDAGE! :grin:

By the way, does anyone know why we're not adding episode 8 & 9 pages to HS01? If it's for spoiler reasons, the episodes having already aired are on the official website now, so I don't think that should be a concern. If it's just that no one has gotten around to it yet, I might be able to construct them, if needed. :classic:

Because we're lazy and nobody has actually made the page yet. That's why it's a wiki; so other people can do that stuff too =D

Yeah, saw that the other day too. Weird stuff, but if they sold it for reasonably cheap, or included them with a purchase or something, I would totally buy a few. Just getting some nice pieces would be great.

It's definitely interesting seeing what passes for a Hero Factory polybag set, and truth be told those are useful detail pieces. But I'm still hoping that at some point a smaller-scale Hero Factory set might show up that actually forms a complete model. So far that's one place the Hero Factory building system has been lacking-- it is somewhat difficult to create an extremely small model using it, as opposed to BIONICLE which had models like the Fikou spider polybag, the 2001 Turaga, and the 2001 Matoran. I think we might be moving towards a solution with some parts like the joint piece that makes up Thornraxx's torso or the new torso piece used for XT4, but we haven't seen signs that TLG hopes to use either piece for that purpose.

The closest thing we've seen to a small-scale model like this has been Black Phantom's Arachnix, and truth be told it's very impressive for its size. I wouldn't mind seeing more models like that as polybag sets, or perhaps in other hero and villain sets kind of like Toa Mahri Jaller's Hahnah crab. But as neat as it is, it doesn't take great advantage of the new building system itself.

Hm... I finished re-watching Breakout Part 1 and 2 yesterday. Listening to the credits song, trying to figure out the lyrics.

What I hear:

The temperature begins to rise, the principles of fear.

Breakout, acceleration of fear.

Breakout, the screams that no one can hear.

Could these be the right lyrics so far?

I really can't wait until they release the full song. ^w^

Hm... I finished re-watching Breakout Part 1 and 2 yesterday. Listening to the credits song, trying to figure out the lyrics.

What I hear:

I think credits song singer is cryoshell.

What I hear:

The temperature begins to rise, the principles of fear.

Those are nearly right, except for the second part of the first line, which is impossible to feel not the principles of fear, and it's from screams, not the screams.

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader