187-J4CK4L

MOC - Jets Pizza

Totally AWESOME '187-J4CK4L', I really like the double build - frontage and interior are seperate.....plus this interior is just so detailed ! :thumbup:

Then there's the Jet's round plate sign - a huge :thumbup: - I wonder what's next for your creative skills ?

Brick On '187-J4CK4L' ! :grin:

I *really* like it! Makes me want to go back to my modulars and make them so that you can remove the walls too! I also really like the awning you made. I was going to make a cinema next but now I want a pizza shop!

This is a great MOC. I was so surprised when the walls came off with the roof. It's such a simple idea, and yet I haven't seen it done before. It really adds to the playability, and 'show-off-ability' of the pizza shop. The soda cooler is another stand-out of the build. I really dig that. I would love to see some added detail to the exterior, but my guess would be that you modeled this after a real building (the one you started work in) that probably doesn't really ooze with the intricacies. :)

Good stuff!

I really like this! While I still prefer the traditional modular style with removable roof, the idea of removing the walls along with the roof is a novel touch. I love the transparent Jets sign, the kitchen and, not least, the refrigerator with the soft drinks. Colours are nice, too. Well done!

I love the lighting inside, it really makes it look great.

The jets sign made out of clear studs is nice too. The soda cooler is my favorite though, it seems so simple but then I think, shoot, I didn't think of it first.

I like the colors and the details you have added to this MOC.

I also agree with the other posters, that making the walls removable is also a neat feature. Very nice!

Locutis

I'm going to echo everyone else. Very nicely done.

Out of curiosity, which Jet's do you work at? I started working for Jet's back in high school, and was there for a good 7 or 8 years. Store #1 in Sterling Heights.

I work at a new Jets location in Naperville Il. on Ogden Ave. Opened 3 weeks ago.

Wow, Naperville, IL. That's cool. :-) Incredible to see how much the franchise has grown. I started working at the original Jet's, for the Jet brothers, back in the mid-90's. At that point, there were maybe a dozen locations, all within a 20 minute radius. They've come a long way since then.

Would you be able to make another one of these? and be willing to sell it? I am an owner of

a couple Jet's

G35gus, I'd love to make one for you! I'm making a parts list right now to see what I will need and how much it will cost. I'm working on a new roofline design, I could also change the outside color to be similar to your store. Can you send me a couple pictures of the outside of your store? ErasureMode@msn.com

Very nice colors - it looks very much like a pizza restauranr should look.

The Naperville Jet's is 30 min away from me, so I might have to pay a visit now and compare the real life building to the Lego version. ;)

Out of curiosity, why did you make the floor so thick? Was it done to match up to some custom road plates for display? If so, I'd love to see what you're doing for streets.

AWESOME model, too. This is a nearly exact replica of the Jet's by my house. The only real difference being a bench to wait on where your table and chairs are.

Thank you everyone! I made the base high so they match the brick built roads I am using. If you live in the Chicago area, our club is doing a show this weekend at the DuPage History Museum in Wheaton Illinois. Info here: http://www.niltc.org

Edited by 187-J4CK4L

Man, I wish. Would love to see your display. Any chance you could post a pic of how you guys do your roads? I'd love to see a cross section. I was thinking of going the brick built route myself, and would love to get some ideas.

Thank you everyone! I made the base high so they match the brick built roads I am using. If you live in the Chicago area, our club is doing a show this weekend at the DuPage History Museum in Wheaton Illinois. Info here: http://www.niltc.org

Thanks for the heads up. That's 10 minutes away from me!