Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

MOC - Hardware & Electrical Appliance Store

indexed.gif B-OV-10D

The next one in the FINAL stage (minus an appliance or two), of course if you need a toaster or blender it's there already ! :wink:

0000_1_hardware_and_electrical_store_reborn_97.jpg

0000_1_hardware_and_electrical_store_reborn_98.jpg

0000_1_hardware_and_electrical_store_reborn_99.jpg

Next up will be the ANZ bank, but that might be tomorrow....a few small parts and a couple more stickers needed. :blush:

Now that looks great! The turned posts really set this one apart, Just how i pictured them, Good one!! Loving the added docking bay also and the blender looks very cute :blush: and your toaster is effective

Nice one all round LT you should be very proud!!

Now that looks great! The turned posts really set this one apart, Just how i pictured them, Good one!! Loving the added docking bay also and the blender looks very cute :blush: and your toaster is effective

Nice one all round LT you should be very proud!!

Thanks 'TT', most of my buildings will get their last fixtures, perhaps minus a few future accessories and of course minfigs.

I went hunting on the net for more of these retail combo's.....

mm10.jpg

In Western Australia.

162018_120854557983331_585997_n.jpg

In Victoria.

There are a few more but images are very rare indeed. :blush:

Any more suggestions on the hardware store side ? (any for electrical - please do so in the Electrical Appliances topic, thanks) :classic:

Edited by lightningtiger

Gee, what a slow day today ? :blush:

Ah, well a written update now, tonight I made a custom minifig to be store owner who is also a builder.....he's friends with Bob from Jedi Plumbing.

Hence he, dam no name yet for him will get a truck with the same front end as the plumber's van, but with drop sides on it ! :wink:

Any other suggestions or ideas feel free to say. :classic:

Love your work, have seen a few of your creations now, a couple of questions for you though, 1. how do you print the stickers? 2. where are you getting all your bricks from? Just wondering as you seem to live in same state as me and there seems to be nowhere local to buy single bricks

kryne

Love your work, have seen a few of your creations now, a couple of questions for you though, 1. how do you print the stickers? 2. where are you getting all your bricks from? Just wondering as you seem to live in same state as me and there seems to be nowhere local to buy single bricks

kryne

Well, thank you 'Kryne'....well now this fictional town lives in South Australia like I do. The stickers are printed on glossy photo paper stickers from Officeworks and printed on an ink jet, images from the net.....resizing/cropping in MS paint.

Many city and other sets I have decided not keeping together or replaced with a new one (i.e. police station) get scraped and into spare parts, anything I don't have or need more of.....Toy Corner. :wink:

Brick On ! :classic:

Thankyou for the tip on Toy Corner, had never heard of them before, lol i can see lots of my money going to them from now on.

No problem, 'Kryne'......and now this.....

0000_1_hardware_and_electrical_store_reborn_94.jpg

I made some adjustments to the front, when I spied a visitor inside.

0000_1_hardware_and_electrical_store_reborn_95.jpg

'I'm Lord Vader.....and I'm looking for some rebels....oops, no sorry a shovel, yes a shovel so I can dig up a rebel base or three.'

'Oh, I see....over there on the far display rack next to the brooms.' (Thinks to one's self....odd man in a costume....better keep an eye on him) said the girl behind the counter.

0000_1_hardware_and_electrical_store_reborn_96.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOO !

He finds that they have sold out of shovels.

Brick On everyone !

:classic:

Edited by lightningtiger

Thanks 'KielDaMan' for your kind comments, I too love my little washing machine ! :classic:

Vader will be visiting a lot of my town over the coming weeks and months, so look out for my posts because I wouldn't want the man in black to force choke any poor townie mistaken for a rebel ? :devil_laugh:

Aw, well last time I'm writing up something for this MOC it's done and dust....I forgot to say about the LCD TV hanging from the wall ?

Next, doctors clinic....I wonder if Vader will visit it or not ? :wink:

:sing:

Aw, well last time I'm writing up something for this MOC it's done and dust....I forgot to say about the LCD TV hanging from the wall ?

Next, doctors clinic....I wonder if Vader will visit it or not ? :wink:

Pretty sure he's got an on board doctor in that suit.

I do recall asking you for color in your store, and I must say it looks great. Really resembles the picture.

Thanks 'Big Cam' for your comments and thank you for that suggestion in February last year if my memory serves me correct....ah, memories are like the cornerstones of my mind.....! :laugh:

A bit bigger picture of the Nhill store I based my design on, the livery on the buildings are old now, the 'handy' term has been dropped and red or blue backgrounds are being used for Retravision now.

mitre_10_retravision_nhill_101.png

Updating with fresh stickers on the outside later today.

Why you may ask have I bumped up this old topic ?

Well, one word...... CUUSOO

Yes, I decided to start posting my designs on Cuusoo, we all know there isn't enough buildings in city so I'll take matters into my own hands. :classic:

If this starts off well then others like the post office and supermarket will check the Cuusoo treatment.

So if you like it, vote for it if you wish.

Cuusoo web page for Hardware & Electrical Store

Also you can still leave comments, etc., New Mannum isn't dead it's just resting.....it will rise again in the coming months. :classic:

Edit - 4 votes at 8.56pm.....only 9996 to go. :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger

Great attention to detail. Get me a coffee!

Thanks 'Paul', oh yeah I forgot to make a coffee machine for the front window display.....no wait there is enough coffee machines in Lego (I'm waiting for coffee machines in Star Wars sets :laugh: ).

The vote count stands at 8.....only 9992 votes to go. :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger