Modulex Guy

MOC: Porsche 964 "Blackbird"

indexed.gif V-LV-30A

This is a car I just finished today. It is roughly based on the car from the anime "Wangan Midnight" The king of the Wangan, "Blackbird", a highly modified Porsche 964 with a wide body, and some cues from the "RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF Stella Artois

This car is built in Minifig scale in 5 wide with wide body fenders.

No LEGO parts have been modified in the making of this car. The design of this car is very complex and is made to a point where the camber can be adjustable!

The car looks like it is sitting completely on the ground, but it is not, there is just enough room for a piece of paper to slip under. :sweet:

On with the pics!

My car is based off of this monster:

IMG_9109.jpg

6138917342_4a215895a6_z.jpg

6138917660_d2eccf8804_z.jpg

6138917908_1c10b78bf5_z.jpg

6138368797_95f71d4287_z.jpg

6138918518_39d13e9134_z.jpg

The car looks like it is simple, but it is one of the most complex cars I have built!

There are parts where there is only one stud holding on, and parts where, even I, have no idea that LEGO can be used in that manner.

Well, Enjoy, Comments welcomed! Hope you like my 964! :blush:

I like it :thumbup:

Want one for me (the small and the real also, off course)

It´s always difficult to copy a real version in minifig scale, but i think you did it!

Thanks guys!

Yes, It was quite difficult to make this look "correct" in minifig scale, thats why I like the challenge of working in this scale! :grin:

This is great! I love how you were able to make not kind of like the car but very similar that is very hard to do but you did it. Really nice work.

Charlie

Since there are a lot of equally iconic sports cars that are at least as fascinating as the 911, I never really got why Porsche is such a big deal :look: I mean, it's been ages since they created something truly new and unique :shrug_confused:

Nontheless, your rendition of that particular car looks really great and true to the original. You caught the proportions as good as it's possible with LEGO and even someone not into either would likely reckognize what you based that MOC of yours on. This alone is already praiseworthy.

Out of curiousity, what sequence on that build featured something you hadn't thought of being possible?

This is really good! looks fragile in places though - is it? even if it is, it doesn't matter because this thing is beautiful! :thumbup:

It is very fragile, the only thing that holds the front of the car on to the rest is just the windshield! But it is strong enough to where handling it is not a problem that it would fall abart from just being picked up off the ground.

Out of curiousity, what sequence on that build featured something you hadn't thought of being possible?

Getting the wheels to fit/attach in such a small space. Since there is no room for any stock LEGO axle, I used my method of jumpers and clips to do the job, plus there is such a mess of jumpers, headlight bricks, and clips under the car, it almost looked like it would not go together at all. :laugh:

Getting the wheels to fit/attach in such a small space. Since there is no room for any stock LEGO axle, I used my method of jumpers and clips to do the job, plus there is such a mess of jumpers, headlight bricks, and clips under the car, it almost looked like it would not go together at all. :laugh:

Sounds interesting and definitely not like something TLC had in mind when designing those wheels, jumpers and clips :laugh:

Awesome Porsche! Very impressive how you pull off the shape in such a small package. I have two curious questions. Can a mini-fig fit in it? Is it five lugs wide or four?

Awesome Porsche! Very impressive how you pull off the shape in such a small package. I have two curious questions. Can a mini-fig fit in it? Is it five lugs wide or four?

Nope, a minifig cannot fit inside, due to all the supports inside. and the main body of the car is 4 1/2 wide and the front and rear body is 5 wide (excluding fenders).

That really does look like a 964, great job! :thumbup: I'm still trying to figure out how you did the camber setup... :look:

Now, how about doing the red 'Hachi roku' next to it as well? Front and rear camber, tires & wheels as 'hellaflushed' as possible :grin:

The recreation looks amazing. Probably fun to drive around

The car's worst enemy: speed bumps in parking lots...