RoxYourBlox

Castlometry

Wow, these are really interesting. Must have taken a long time to design them all, look forward to seeing a brick version.

These castles look very intriguing, I must say. I must confess that LDD is great for experimenting ideas like these. Gravity will definitely be your foe if you ever attempt to build these with real bricks. :laugh:

I especially love the architecture in the Tetra Pyramid and the Dual Dour, they have that enchanting fantasy feeling to them. Some of the others look too abstract to imagine anyone living in them, though, but I know that's not what you were even trying to achieve.

Never been a fan of digital LEGO, but it's indeed great for trying out a difficult built. And this is very impressive, I'm looking forward to photos of the real buildings. I especially like Snow Spire and Dual Dour! :thumbup:

Thank you all for the comments! I designed these with the intention of building them, so structure has been a chief concern! Dual Dour would be most likely to present a problem of the four remaining. Nevertheless, I have planned a slight alteration that hopefully won't compromise stability. Indeed, these aren't meant for realism, thanks to my lack of sanity. :wacko:

We have recently purchased a DSLR camera, and I'm waiting for a sunny weekend afternoon to shoot some photos outside. In the meantime, please enjoy the .lxf's and this quick snapshot: :classic:

table.jpg

Many intriguing builds Rox. A lot of effort and patience must have gone into designing these abstract builds. I will admit that a couple of your ideas had formed in my head previously as well, in particular the central castle supported on columns of energy. I look forward to seeing these built.

Impressive, very impressive builds 'RoxYourBlox'....and such a fantasy world you have there too by all appearances ! :wink:

Brick On 'RoxYourBlox' ! :grin:

THIS IS ASTONISHING! You sure are a angle man. BTW, how much math did you use? I mean, this model is like something you would see in one of those weird paintings, I'm not saying your model looks weird, I think you know what I mean.

Bricksandparts: I would use MS Excel for trigonometry and search google or wikipedia for a dihedral angle (an angle between sides of a polyhedron).

The most extreme example was Air Isle, which at one point looked as shown below--before I scaled back its design due to budget and space constraints: :tongue:

pentakis_castle.png

Those are some really intriguing designs and it's always fascinating to see what LDD allows, if only the user has enough patience and imagination :laugh:

Your previous design of the Air Isle looks huge but I understand why you had to resize is - those five pillars would have never been able to hold the central structure :oh:

Wow! Great designs RoxYourBlox. You really have imagination, and a lots of patience to work with these geometry in LDD. :thumbup:

Ingenious, Imaginative, Impressive. These are all highly-creative conceptualized LDD designs realized perfectly in real brickbuild. Truly outstanding work RoxYourBlox, I'm excited to see more out-of-this-world designs and creations from you. :thumbup:

BTW, I've already added these beauts to the LDD MOC Index. :wink:

A really interesting blend of Sci-Fi and Castle... which could fit at home for many of the Sci-Fi/Fantasy Alternative Histories... Lego are you listening for Alien Conquest?

Those designs are really awesome. :wub:

They put a whole new perspective on castle building and design to me.

Thanks for sharing your work and even more for sharing the files - that'll allow me to "learn" how you've done it.

[tips his hat]

Love the Kastle K and Snow Spire but I can't help but think that it looks nicer in LDD than in real life.

You should build the Dual Dour! That really looks awesome.

Now when will TLG release a UCS Castle

Bricksandparts: I would use MS Excel for trigonometry and search google or wikipedia for a dihedral angle (an angle between sides of a polyhedron).

The most extreme example was Air Isle, which at one point looked as shown below--before I scaled back its design due to budget and space constraints: :tongue:

pentakis_castle.png

Nope, do not scale down ;) wait if it is needed, but build this one ;)

A lot of imagination, construct cleverness and lego intelligence in your castles, my friend. I love it; it inspired me to start building with angles

Wow...

these are simply ... brilliant. The use of shapes is crazy. and you've definitely done stuff I didn't think possible.

I think I have to get LDD just to figure out how you did these amazing pieces.

Well done sir. I tip my hat to you.

Oh, wow! All of those designs look great. The whole geometric feature is really cool.

The only thing that could beat these would be actual buildings. :laugh: