Sign in to follow this  
Skipper

Imperial Outpost

thindexedgif.gif 181B

6121462425_b9e9c0f6da_z.jpg

Thanks to Phes for the awesome background.

Hello,

After taking apart my ITP for a review, I decided to try MOCing something else rather than rebuilding it. The result is this Imperial Outpost, built in the classic style. Two cannons, a drinking area (:drunk:), and a small dock.

Front:

6121616477_21c6c186f7_z.jpg

Back:

6121380663_cd1c051323_z.jpg

I hope you like it!

-Skipper :jollyroger:

Edited by Skipper

great MOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i really love it...i only suggest you changing old 1992-1995 redcoats for 2009 redcoats...i think new redcoats look better.

I really love it because that MOC could be a real lego set

Neat! It does look like it could be one of TLG’s own sets, elegant and simple. I’m not really a fan of those oversize MOCs you could fit a ship into, I prefer the slightly unrealistic "official" LEGO scale.

Good job!

Captain Roger, I respectfully disagree on the new Imperial Guards; though I admit the back printing and printed shako is an improvement, i didn’t see it as necessary. Furthermore, this is meant to be in the classic style, as Skipper writes.

Edited by Ardelon

I like this very much; as the other two posters have said, this would be believable if you posted it up as a 'lost' official set from the 90s.

Thanks everyone! :classic:

I actually like the new Imperials over old, the printing is so beautiful. However I associate this bright yellow/red colorscheme completely with the older figures, so to me the new looks out of place.

That being said if this was built with tan/dark blue yes I would use the new figures.

Edited by Skipper

This is awesome! I think I built almost the same thing when I was beardless and non alcoholic drinks where my drink of choice. What program did you use for the background in your first pic? Lookin' good.

Simple, Classic, Small and Easy build= Fantastic! Ijust love the feel of it. :pir-classic: Abd the photoshopped picture is just lovely. :thumbup: I think this could have been an offical set. Great work!

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Nice work! Like others say this could have fitted in seamlessly as an official set in the early 90s. Nice to see a MOC in the true classic pirates style. Like you I also prefer the 2009 wave redcoats but again like you I think it's much nicer to include the classic ones as they're a much better fit for this MOC. Good to see someone showing off that you don't need to build something complicated for it to still look good.

Looks like a real Classic Pirate MOC!

I always try to make my MOCs look like it could fit with the series from 1989/1993.

In this case you Aced the feeling.

I hope to see more of these Classics From you!

Greetz Bjornu

I agree also that this looks like it could be an actual set.

Edited by Hiawatha

This could be a set a few years ago... You have managed to capture exact the same building style! Not many people can achieve that in such a way. :thumbup:

This kind of MOCs make me happy. :pir-sweet: