Sign in to follow this  
BillytheKid

MOC: Trainlayout of Panda

I guess it doesn't make any sense what I'm trying to say here :tongue: .

I haven't changed all pic's in tumbnails, which can be clicked on for bigger pic if wanted. It gives the slow computers better loadingtime.

And mine first post at this topic is changed also. In future I will change all big pic's in tumbnails with deeplinks in it.

I guess it doesn't make any sense what I'm trying to say here :tongue: .

You aren't :P

I like the way you handled the problem with the poles. Basically you built some sort of winches ("lier" in dutch), a very nice idea! The amount of cables is astonishing. Are they all for show or do they serve a purpose (or will they)?

Edited by Lockt

I like the way you handled the problem with the poles. Basically you built some sort of winches ("lier" in dutch), a very nice idea! The amount of cables is astonishing. Are they all for show or do they serve a purpose (or will they)?

If you are refering to the high voltage power lines, I think they're for powering the 4.5v (or is it 12v) stuff. From what I understand, that system runs a huge amount of cables.

Those wires ain't not for the show. Otherwise I would leave it away. They connect all remote controlled control points, crossovers, controlled signals, etc. Great stuff from 12v, only those wires...... And this is only the half of all needed wires :cry_sad::wacko: ..... HELP......

Thx for the replies.

Because I secretly I do wanted the new firehouse 10197, I changed my layout a little bit. Soon I will make a new plan of this changed layout. I needed to place the vestas windmill 4999 somewhere else. After a afternoon thinking, this is the 'new' layout, ready to place firehouse 10197 :grin: . This new firehouse will be the place of the ghostbusters. I need to moc this car and the minifigs. The house itself will be the same as sold by lego.

What are the opnions of this change?

i_-_layout_changed_for_10197_-1.jpg_thumb.jpg,

i_-_layout_changed_for_10197_-2.jpg_thumb.jpg

I do need to place some more trees and stuff. I'm working on it :sweet: .

Good change. Can all type of trains and waggons - here I'm especially thinking of a caboose - pass the windmill without being touched by its blades when it is rotating?

Good change. Can all type of trains and waggons - here I'm especially thinking of a caboose - pass the windmill without being touched by its blades when it is rotating?

That would speed up disembarkation - mind the gap! :classic:

Mark

The windmill is high enough, no worries. Otherwise I can make it higher if needed, when building the bridge nearby.

The bridge idea:

The idea is to use the model of set 4852 and make it longer, wider and higher. First I'm using all colors I have, to make the model. After time all bricks well be replaced by the right colors.

4852_the_final_showdown.jpg_thumb.jpg

a_-_first_rough_design_of_the_brigde.jpg_thumb.jpg

This is the state right now. Of there're ideas, shoot. I can still make adjustments, while I slowly build this brigde. After the brigde is build, then I concentrate to make the track up and down form this.

Bought today, a wireless vacuumcleaner for my attic. This way it's easier to clean it form dust. It has a little vacuumcleaner (in dutch: kruimeldief) inside with a separate piece with hears, for the hard spots to clean. And easy for the little jobs for the lady in da house :grin: .

319072.jpg

Edited by Panda9001100

Time for an update at my layout. Currently I'm busy to connect all wires to my controlpanel. I guess, there's used 200 meter of wire and countless connectors. And keep in mind this is a lot of hours patience work :sick: .

Here you can see almost all connected wires:

j_-_a_lot_of_wires.jpg_thumb.jpg

And this is my idea of a 9v controlpanel, powered by a 9v speedregulator and 9v switches. This way you can contol the 9v battery sets form miniland:

j_-_9v_control_panel_with_switches.jpg_thumb.jpg

And an extended brigde form set 7822:

j_-_extended_brigde_7822.jpg_thumb.jpg

Here you can see the stickers on my 7760, only the windows in the frony and this train is exact like the orginal:

with_stickers_right_view_7760.jpg_thumb.jpg

with_stickers_left_view_7760.jpg_thumb.jpg

The problem is, when you have 2 trainsets, you never can tell which one is which. I have replaced the black shutters for red ones. The black ones are in the train itself.

i_-_how_to_separate_same_trains.jpg_thumb.jpg

Can the mod's close this topic please and remove it after a few weeks?

I'm gonna start a new topic of my layout.

Thx.

Can the mod's close this topic please and remove it after a few weeks?

I'm gonna start a new topic of my layout.

Thx.

No need to close it - by all means create a new topic for your new layout, but why not leave this for reference? :classic:

its nice to inspire people.

and reminds me i need to make a proper layout, instead of laying track over my desk and draws and connecting by a truss bridge.

12 hours later... nothing.

I guess that's why people use Flickr instead... :wink:

Edited by Paperballpark