Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

The Sharp Spiral

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

As fourth mini model in this week, I'd like to present another neat starfighter from the Expanded Universe to you. It's the Sharp Spiral (reference image), a modified SoroSuub Cutlass-9 patrol fighter that serves as personal starfighter of Jedi Master Saesee Tiin in the computer game "Jedi Starfighter".

The construction is a bit strange, as everything is studs-down. The reason why I chose this approach is that I wanted to realise the characteristic spherical cockpit for which the boat stud was the perfect piece. :classic:

sharp-spiral-1.jpg

sharp-spiral-3.jpg

sharp-spiral-4.jpg

With that I am done for this week, and wish you a great sunday! :classic:

I now need sometime to take photos of the next batch of models which also consumes a lot of time besides actual building. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Very nice work, as always! :sweet: I don't remember this ship, but who cares. It look really cool and I like the dome piece for the cockpit. :thumbup:

I remember reading about this ship in some book about Star Wars vehicles, anyway great model look forward to see more of your mini's.

I know this ship, not because of the game but because this has been one of the jedi starfighters I was planning to MOC before. :blush: Once again, this is a great mini-rendition of the reference material, the studs-down approach is quite clever and unique at the same time. Very well done as always! :thumbup:

Yet another fantastic mini Legostein. The wings need to be angles a bit higher, but it's still fantastic. I'm not familiar with this ship but thanks to you I am now.

Now that's a sweet starfighter! :thumbup: You've really done this ship justice in mini form, but I may just have to go minifigure scale with this seeing as it's so cool. :grin: