Yes, those are the pics. "holztransport" must be march release, similar like 8070 this year. 2h sets are 30euro (tractor), 80 euro (helicopter) and (180 euro) rock crawler, so its not 2h set.

Are you saying we will get a 80 euro helicopter and 180 rock crawler (probably with lot's of Unimog parts) in the second half of 2011?! That would be awesome......twice!

Very disappointing I have to say,nothing there at all looks interesting,at least last year we got a nice backhoe for 1h , hopefully 2h2012 will be better but after the unimog this year they have big shoes to fill :)

I wonder will we get a march 2012 large set like this years super car?

The "8070" set will be the wood transporter, which is missing in the picture.

Are you saying we will get a 80 euro helicopter and 180 rock crawler (probably with lot's of Unimog parts) in the second half of 2011?! That would be awesome......twice!

I think u mean 2012 lol and I'm lost whats a rock crawler and when did we ever get a €180 1h set never!

will that be in the second part of the year?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

By the looks of it, the 9395 tow truck doesn't use the mini-LA's :sad:

And the plane has no ailerons or flaps. Instead it looks like the hole wing assembly folds.

Luckely it has got working landing gear.

Can't wait for the pictures of the wood-transporter though. :wink:

As for the suspected 2h sets :

I don't need a tractor.

The rock crawler isn't something for me.

The helicopter sounds interesting, as long as it has a fully functional rotor with cyclic-control. Maybe with the flex system.

Also sad, NO attachments for the Unimog. :sad: Although, maybe one of the B-models could be used as such.

By the looks of it, the 9395 tow truck doesn't use the mini-LA's :sad:

And the plane has no ailerons or flaps. Instead it looks like the hole wing assembly folds.

Luckely it has got working landing gear.

Can't wait for the pictures of the wood-transporter though. :wink:

As for the suspected 2h sets :

I don't need a tractor.

The rock crawler isn't something for me.

The helicopter sounds interesting, as long as it has a fully functional rotor with cyclic-control. Maybe with the flex system.

Also sad, NO attachments for the Unimog. :sad: Although, maybe one of the B-models could be used as such.

I agree a unimog attachment would be nice add on as a 1h set,I wonder will the log loader have pneumatics?

Are these 2h sets above 100% or hear say?

If so what's our 2012 flagship?

I think u mean 2012 lol and I'm lost whats a rock crawler and when did we ever get a €180 1h set never!

You are right, 2012 default_laugh_new.gif

0304_4wd_01_z+4x4_rock_buggy+rock_crawler.jpg

The mini tow-truck looks like a mini Unimog :laugh:

Quite interesting to see a set of that size have steering. Most minis are just worm-screw mechanisms...

YES

Smooth Black Toggle Joints in the Tow Truck! Now why were these not in the 8081 set..?

Don't get too excited yet. These are preliminary pictures and often the models have a way of getting "optimized" before the final version is released. They may very well decide to change back to bley for "cost reasons". I share your hope that we get these in black though; they have many uses and are impossible to find. Not too late to retrofit 8081 either!

No machinery for us next year so :( I take it this crawler will be an RC model or else it's going to be very boring!

My guess is that the crawler will be a chance to use the new portal axles for an extremely low geared (high torque) rock crawler that is motorized. A real rock crawler often doesn't use any differentials, so 4 wheel lock would be fine with me. If they use 3:1 gearing in the portal hubs and also the Unimog pendular suspension, this thing will go over anything. That's going to make it expensive though.

Don't get too excited yet. These are preliminary pictures and often the models have a way of getting "optimized" before the final version is released. They may very well decide to change back to bley for "cost reasons". I share your hope that we get these in black though; they have many uses and are impossible to find. Not too late to retrofit 8081 either!

My guess is that the crawler will be a chance to use the new portal axles for an extremely low geared (high torque) rock crawler that is motorized. A real rock crawler often doesn't use any differentials, so 4 wheel lock would be fine with me. If they use 3:1 gearing in the portal hubs and also the Unimog pendular suspension, this thing will go over anything. That's going to make it expensive though.

Could we see the return of power puller wheels so? I really want a set of those but there way to expensive lol

What gears would u use to get a 3:1 ratio in the portal hubs blackbird?

Edited by davidmull

I admit, I did get excited when the 8081 prelim pics hit the net because I was certain that the toggle pieces were going to be black for the finalized model...

But actually seeing them in black here on a prelim instead of grey is making me think that this could be real deal..

I also see some new orange short panels on that quad...

Well, I think TLG will produce that part in black. :)

Calling Lego Direct will be the best way to get this part, then. Cause I'm more or less convinced that BLers will speculate again with that little black part.

Btw, this thread is not pinned yet ?

Why are we seeing these pictures as they are confidential? Not that i don't want to see them...

TLG wants to spot some first impressions and do adjustments?

Was hoping that the jet plane would be more impressive/larger. Looks a bit like a NF-5/training jet to me.

And what's up with TOW-models?

Edited by captainmib

Why are we seeing these pictures as they are confidential? Not that i don't want to see them...

TLG wants to spot some first impressions and do adjustments?

Was hoping that the jet plane would be more impressive/larger. Looks a bit like a NF-5/training jet to me.

And what's up with TOW-models?

I agree were seeing too many tow models,a new forklift would have been nice.

I agree a unimog attachment would be nice add on as a 1h set,I wonder will the log loader have pneumatics?

Are these 2h sets above 100% or hear say?

If so what's our 2012 flagship?

The flagship would be the (180 euro) Rock Crawler. If true of course.

I really do hope so! Possibly remote controlled with the Unimog parts and wheels. Would be awesome.

No machinery for us next year so :( I take it this crawler will be an RC model or else it's going to be very boring!

True, it really should be an RC model default_sadnew.gif

Why do you know so much Cwetqo? Sources? You don't know anything more?

I wonder how the rock crawler is steered, maybe some new rc-steering-motor-thing? I've got a feeling TLG won't use an M-motor together with an auto-centre function in an official model. Just me maybe...

It is possible that they will use a new controller type, where one function is controlled by a wheel instead of a level. The controller could only give signal to the receiver, when the wheel rotation changes.

I hope there will be other remote controlled functions than steering and moving forward/backward. For example remote controlled transmission, or remote controlled dif locks.

I hope for new controller and/or specialized motors. We have PF standard with 7 speed in each direction, but this used just in trains. More advanced technic controller, would be very welcome. I think of similar design like now, but a little wider, with one lever turned 90 degrees and speed seting adjustble with angle of lever (with return to centre function).

But those is just my wishfull thinking, I really have no clue how it will be done (just that we will get such a model).

One more thing: I dont agree with Unimog tires: they are not suitable for TT and also not for rock climbing.