Masked Builder

Tantive IV - Scenes From Inside

gallery_101_23_281.gif

The first scene is Darth Vader entering the Tantive IV for the first time.

6094557073_3e1bb299ca_b.jpg

6095097372_385a45ca17_b.jpg

6095097430_b15da3897e_b.jpg

6094557313_6e8c4887ea_b.jpg

6095097628_24c0ff2db9_b.jpg

6094557427_21f6611362_b.jpg

6094557523_635e5d3d8e_b.jpg

And the second scene is, what I would imagine at the same time but in a different part of the ship, Leia putting the plans into R2.

6094557581_30d0c3f4bf_b.jpg

6095097890_32467bbc79_b.jpg

6095097992_bd9a5e766a_b.jpg

6095098054_d2c2600e95_b.jpg

6094557859_a5573ff9a7_b.jpg

And of course I made it so that they connect to each other to make one larger vig.

6094557949_90f4edc78c_b.jpg

I had originally planned for just two stand alone Vigs but I thought it'd be cool if I connected them. So I did. I'm sure you guys know that I prefer to build Clone Wars, rather than OT. But I think I managed to pull off an okay OT MOC. If this passes Docs approval then I guess it's good! :laugh:

Built August 2011

Flickr Set

Very nice. One thing I would change about the Leia one is to put some variety into the floor. Right now it just looks like a Block of black bricks. With the Vader one, since it's considerably smaller, I'd like to see more than a corridor but a turn in the Corridor. Otherwise great work. :thumbup:

VERY nice work, Masked! I love the sleek look of the Vader scene and the corridors/panels in the Leia scene. The only thing I DON'T like is the 2 connected. If you look at the layout of the scenes in the movie, the Leia scene is actually in a side room beside the main corridor of the Vader scene, so, technically, these wouldn't be connected the way you did, rather, the Leia part would be more behind the other. Also the Vader scene is WAY smaller than the other, so connecting them looks odd. Otherwise, this is a great entry for the community build! :vader:

Well done!

I really like how the vignette is very clean like I would expect it would be in the Tantive IV :sweet:

Another very nice scene, almost a film set Masked Builder. It's just how the Tan's corridors should be :thumbup:.

Thanks guys!

Very nice. One thing I would change about the Leia one is to put some variety into the floor. Right now it just looks like a Block of black bricks. With the Vader one, since it's considerably smaller, I'd like to see more than a corridor but a turn in the Corridor. Otherwise great work. :thumbup:

Yeah that's probably true but I wanted to keep it uniform.

VERY nice work, Masked! I love the sleek look of the Vader scene and the corridors/panels in the Leia scene. The only thing I DON'T like is the 2 connected. If you look at the layout of the scenes in the movie, the Leia scene is actually in a side room beside the main corridor of the Vader scene, so, technically, these wouldn't be connected the way you did, rather, the Leia part would be more behind the other. Also the Vader scene is WAY smaller than the other, so connecting them looks odd. Otherwise, this is a great entry for the community build! :vader:

Yeah I considered putting them back to back but the working bits of the Vader scene are there so I couldn't really.

Well done!

I really like how the vignette is very clean like I would expect it would be in the Tantive IV :sweet:

Thanks!

Another very nice scene, almost a film set Masked Builder. It's just how the Tan's corridors should be :thumbup:.

Thanks. I expanded it several time to make sure I got it the right size.

Pretty nice work. The black scene looks a little plain, due to lack of greebling, but the style fits in with the other vig. What's bothering me is the transition between the two. In the movie, there was a door in the side of the corridor that lead to the escape pod area. Adding that's as simple as putting a door at the end of the white vig and removing one of the partitions from the black vig. Overally, they look good separately, but the connection almost seems rushed. You minifig posing is great, as always. :thumbup:

Pretty nice work. The black scene looks a little plain, due to lack of greebling, but the style fits in with the other vig. What's bothering me is the transition between the two. In the movie, there was a door in the side of the corridor that lead to the escape pod area. Adding that's as simple as putting a door at the end of the white vig and removing one of the partitions from the black vig. Overally, they look good separately, but the connection almost seems rushed. You minifig posing is great, as always. :thumbup:

Thanks Doc! Yeah I wish I could have done some cool greebling in there but I didn't get there. I did consider adding the door way but I wasn't sure how to do the corner in the hallway.

Hello!

Those little vignettes are fantastic. They have the perfect movie feeling, and I guess it's just fun to have some essential scenes from the saga built in brick. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello!

Those little vignettes are fantastic. They have the perfect movie feeling, and I guess it's just fun to have some essential scenes from the saga built in brick. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Thanks Chris! They do make so cool display pieces.

For me the vader one looks good but the hallway leaves something to be desired, but the Leia one looks nice, I like the structure you built, it really gives you the feeling of the movie scene.

Great work!

Those are two nice little vignettes Masked Builder :thumbup: . The Leia/R2 one looks very effective in the close-up, down the corridor shot.

Nice work 'Masked Builder', you nailed passage way almost perfectly and that scene with Leia and R2 - pretty much as it was in the movie....from my memory.....must watch A New Hope again ! :grin:

My the Eurobrick be with you always 'Masked Builder' ! :wink:

For me the vader one looks good but the hallway leaves something to be desired, but the Leia one looks nice, I like the structure you built, it really gives you the feeling of the movie scene.

Great work!

Thanks Cam!

Those are two nice little vignettes Masked Builder :thumbup: . The Leia/R2 one looks very effective in the close-up, down the corridor shot.

Thanks. I do think I've gotten it pretty close to the movie set.

Nice work 'Masked Builder', you nailed passage way almost perfectly and that scene with Leia and R2 - pretty much as it was in the movie....from my memory.....must watch A New Hope again ! :grin:

My the Eurobrick be with you always 'Masked Builder' ! :wink:

Thanks! I'm glad you feel inspired to watch the movie!