Sign in to follow this  
Roger Rabbit

REVIEW: 7606 Frog

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

7606: Creator Frog

Hi all.

So here it is, my first review. I was trawling through some reviews earlier and noticed that this set I picked up a while ago had not been reviewed, so decided to make myself useful and do one myself. As it's my first review, things may be a little shabby in places, and if they are, please do tell me so I can do some editing and know what to do next time, many thanks. So here goes, enjoy!!

Name: 7606 Frog

Theme: Creator

Year: 2006

Pieces: 33

Price: £1

Helpful links: Bricklink, Brickset

Just a little more information on the price, I picked this up at the Lego Store in Milton Keynes a month or two ago. Didn't see it in the Westfield branch last week. It was one of those impulse buys at the counter. Best thing was the £1 went to the National Autistic Society, a very worthy cause, meaning the set was reasonably priced and helped out a charity, a win-win in my book.

Packaging - Front view

6096003085_2fe80c19be.jpg

Presented in a small polybag, pretty standard packaging as far as these little creator sets go.

Packaging - Rear view

6096003721_6d0a1cbd1c.jpg

The rear of the packet features mainly legal jargon, as well a photo of an alternative build (more on that later) and the actual size photograph, which seems pointless on this type of set as you can clearly see what is inside the bag anyway...

Instructions

6096003821_ff0125afbf.jpg6096548336_4a7a36d62f.jpg

Small instructions for a small set, only eleven steps. As you can just about see from the photographs they are folded down to a minuscule size, which I quite liked. That's the good thing about the polybag, we get some classic instructions, whereas a small boxed set would come with a booklet that contained page after page of adverts. These instructions feature only a snippet of advertising as well as a photo of something else you can do with the pieces, but you have to work out yourself...

Parts

6096547464_6dd1b4b28c.jpg

33 pieces for only £1, a bargain in my books. The parts list is pretty unremarkable, but if you like the colour green, this is your set!! The personal highlight for me parts-wise is undoubtedly the dark green slopes, although slopes in any colour are a plus in my book. :tongue:

The Completed Model

6096547830_4f51ff9a7e_z.jpg

Here is the finished model, who I've christened Kermit (what else could you name a frog??). I think he's quite a cute little model. Build was very quick, but that's to be expected with the number of parts. This is Kermit's best angle, which is proved by the following photos:

6096548454_2da5371df9_z.jpg

Am I the only one who finds him to look a little menacing from the front...??

6096547902_4698431b06_z.jpg

Side view, sorry this picture's a little blurry.

6096547696_72396085fc.jpg

Like most of us, this frog is clearly not supposed to be photographed from behind...

Spare parts

6096004251_5678c374cf_z.jpg

I found the spare parts allocation to be quite generous for such a small set. I can't seem to remember the last time I got a set that didn't provide me with a spare 1x1 black round plate, but I'm not complaining.

Conclusion

Design: 8/10 - Very good design for such a small set.

Build: 7/10 - Not at all challenging, but great for young children, which ups the score slightly.

Playability: 6/10 - I don't suppose there's much you can actually do with the frog, unless you have other similarly sized animals, and he's a bit too big to re-enact the Frog Prince with a minifigure.

Price: 10/10 - Very reasonable, and the money goes to a good cause, like I said earlier, a win-win. However, I feel that was probably only at that particular store. Brickset reviews say they got the set for free, which is even better value for money.

Overall that comes to a very respectable average score of 7.75/10

Oh, and another thing...

Alternative build

Here's my attempt (attempt being the optimum word) at building the snake pictured on the the instructions and the back of the packet:

6096548572_890e871c58_z.jpg

He's a bit of a funny looking fella, isn't he? I prefer the frog, but that may have something to do with me not liking snakes in the first place.

So there you have it, my first review. I hoped you enjoyed it and thanks for reading.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

Hello!

It's great that you added an alternative creation with your nice review. It's definitely an enrichment. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hello!

It's great that you added an alternative creation with your nice review. It's definitely an enrichment. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Why thank you kind sir. :classic:

Thanks for doing the review! What a cute little set :cry_happy:

Your pictures are mostly nice and sharp. I'd like to see more from you. Have you thought about joining the Reviewers Academy?

Geez, this was released in 2006? :cry_sad:

Oh well, it would make a very nice ideal gift for someone who love frogs and I know someone close to me does love to have this kind of small set!

Thank you for sharing this review!

Thanks for doing the review! What a cute little set :cry_happy:

Your pictures are mostly nice and sharp. I'd like to see more from you. Have you thought about joining the Reviewers Academy?

Why thank you, that's really nice to hear. I will get round to joining it eventually, I've just got a hell of lot on in the next few months. Thanks again :laugh:

EDIT: I just saw you indexed my review, thanks!! I feel like a proper reviewer and Eurobricker now!! :cry_sad:

Geez, this was released in 2006? :cry_sad:

Oh well, it would make a very nice ideal gift for someone who love frogs and I know someone close to me does love to have this kind of small set!

Thank you for sharing this review!

Apparently, that's what Brickset told me, and they can be found all over the internet. I think it was mainly made so they could use it in promotions as a free gift.

Edited by Roger Rabbit

Aw, that's a lovely little fellow. Thanks for the review! :sweet:

Cheers mate. :sweet:

What a cuty! :classic: For only 1 pound I would pick tens of them, and build a frog army. :devil:

Aha - they're too cute to be used in an army!! :oh3::laugh: