So after international TT race in Hungary, i decided to try to use the green wheels again. In order to attach the wheels, I decided to use turntables, but this time without planetary gearing. This also made it impractical to use classic steering, so I decided to try something new. I used LA's as links, but with a twist, they can also steer the front and rear axle. To make thigs simple, each axle has its own RC motor geared down 15 times. The end result is a very fast, quite capable truck.

p1150669.jpg

p1150670.jpg

p1150671.jpg

p1150672.jpg

p1150673.jpg

p1150674.jpg

p1150675.jpg

p1150676.jpg

Astethic wise I ws slightly inspired by the new fast and furious movie, but too lazy to add seats :tongue:

Here's a video of the truck:

I plan to add LDD instructions soon!

Edited by Zblj

Wow! That's an amazing ride!

Very nice way to make the steering, and it's surprisingly fast. LDD instructions would be very welcome.

-ED-

It seems to be very efficient, thanks to the 'live axle' solution, moreover the idea of articulated steering is strong too, like a 'front-end loader'

Very clever! :classic:

Nice work again, Jernej! :thumbup:

Edited by Kisvakond

Very good looking truck, kind of an extreme vehicle look it has. Looking forward to the LDD files.

very impressive TrTr Zblj. Could you post more close-up pictures of the wheels and how they attach to the turntable?

tim

Here is the promiseed LLD model.

lddscreenshot64.png

LDD MODEL

A short video of the truck in LDD.

Because you cant retract the LA+s in LDD the model looks a bit long and the springs arent totally connected.

@ Zblj: Thanks for modeling your X-Truck in Lego Digital Designer. Using LDD Manager, I made a PDF Parts List for folks to download via MegaUpload SkyDrive here. The 909 parts will make use of the RC Buggy motors I have had lying around -- now I have a good use for them! :cry_happy:

I added your excellent Trial Truck to this Eurobricks topic. Please say that you did not actually "blow up" the real model and dismantle it? *oh2*

Edited by DLuders