Sandy

Heroica RPG - Library

"Look, mate, it ain't my fault you look similar to a certain species of animals. And you brought up the poop bit, not me.

He listened intently to the librarian as it explained to him about the various criminals, then as Byblos spoke his speech he rolled his eyes, forgetting he didn't have any.

"Thanks mate. So, aside from the Wolfgang, who's the most powerful group, or who are the most powerful?"

"Thanks mate. So, aside from the Wolfgang, who's the most powerful group, or who are the most powerful?"

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"I already answered this question," Byblos says, growing even more irritated at Quarion. "It ain't my fault if you were not listening to a word I said. Besides, you are not even a member of Heroica. You should not be here to begin with. Will you leave me be now, or shall I summon Bookmark to see you out?"

Keliim opens the door to the library and almost crashes into, hmm what seems to be an floating skull in a hurry.

The skull screams out as it goes on without stopping: "Watch it you big buttwhip!" Keliim watches the thing float away down the street thinking to himself "Strange and rude" but is brought back to this world by anohter voice, one from inside the libary, shouting "Come in or get back out but close that door."

Keliim does as he is told, steps inside and closes the door behind him. There is an warm feeling inside the library, candle lights and the smell of old books and that dusty feel about it. The big man looks around, books and bookshelves, tables and studies, it reminds of the school libraries in Roawia. Keliim sees a table with lots of books and a person behind, he walks up to him and says:

"Good evening scholar, I am Keliim. Where could I find out more about this land and maybe some maps to look at?"

The Metasimian looks up at the barbarian.

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Nice to meet you Keliim, I am Byblos the librarian. What exactly is it you're looking for?"

"Look around you, there is all kind´s of information to be found. You just have to know where to look!"

"But, if you can be more specific what I could try to guide you towards the right track?"

Keliim answers the Metasimian: "I would like specifically know more about this land and world the Eubric freeport lies in?"

The Metasimian gets up from his place and waves to Keliim to follow him over to a studie with alot of maps.

"Here you go" He says and shows Keliim "the map of Uland", a "map of the surrounding areas" and a "map of known Olegia". "Was it something you were looking for, a location or place?"

The big man looks at the maps, stuides them for a while. Shakes his head and looks at them some more, especially at the "map of known Olegia" and then says "Is this all, is this the known world? Nothing looks familiar."

"Yes this is what we know and have charted, what is the location you are actually looking for?"

Keliim sits down and says: "A land called Roawia."

"I don´t think I have heard of it before but I can show you to some books about Olegia that you could study."

Keliim looks up at the Libarian and says: "Thank thou but before thou go what can thee tell about me magic portals, escpecially moongates? Is there any books on those and how they work or someone or some group who would know about that kinds of things?"

Edited by Mencot

Heckz enters the library. He didn't see anyone so he just waited whilst 'reading' a book so he could appear smart.

When Byblos finally showed himself, Heckz backed a few meters away in case of lice. When he was at a safe distance, the sorcerer spoke to the metasimian.

"Excuse me, ap- gori- mo- sir! I'll assume that you are the keeper of this place so I have a quick question: What are the known ways to achieve immorality? Did someone do it without having to make any of these 'ways'?"

Heckz still didn't know the difference between immortality and immorality.

Keliim looks up at the Libarian and says: "Thank thou but before thou go what can thee tell about me magic portals, escpecially moongates? Is there any books on those and how they work or someone or some group who would know about that kinds of things?"

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Hmm, you should do better to consult an experienced mage about things related to magic. I do not have any recollection of anything called "moongates", anyway. Unless you mean portals to the demonic realm of Azazot that the last Moon Elven king, Haeresias, opened, bringing upon the doom of ancient Mercution?" Byblos eyed the barbarian suspiciously. "Even so, that information is not something I hand over to just anyone."

"Excuse me, ap- gori- mo- sir! I'll assume that you are the keeper of this place so I have a quick question: What are the known ways to achieve immorality? Did someone do it without having to make any of these 'ways'?"

Byblos blinked in confusion, trying to make sense of what Heckz was talking about.

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Immorality? I believe you achieve it by... err, going against the unwritten laws of ethics? Honestly, I have no idea what you are asking me about!"

"Wait... is immorality not a word??"

Heckz tried to realize his mistake, sweating in the progress.

"Is it something like imnorality or... immortality! That's it. What are the ways to reach immortality? You know, not aging."

"Is it something like imnorality or... immortality! That's it. What are the ways to reach immortality? You know, not aging."

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Oh! That makes more sense... Except it doesn't. Do you really think I have answers to such a question? Alchemists have been trying to discover the secret of eternal life for several centuries now, so how could a lowly scholar such as I possess the key to that? The Veterans of Heroica have their mystical relics that allow the members of this organization to cheat death, but they cannot extend our lives beyond the usual. Disaster and decease can still befall us, even though it is highly unlikely because of the relics.

Of course there are numerous myths and legends about the matter, like the one about Helvetia's Siege high up in the north granting immortality to anyone who sits on it. Or the one about the Eatress, who robs lifeforce from her victims and uses it to extend her own. Not unlike a certain witch that is roaming in this city currently... Demons return to their hellish realm after being banished, but what few people know is that even they have a limited life span. I would dare say even the gods are not immortal, for they can get lost and forgotten as time passes. So as unfortunate as it seems, I would argue that all things must die at one point or another."

Heckz heard what the scholar had to say with quite a lot of interest.

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Oh! That makes more sense... Except it doesn't. Do you really think I have answers to such a question?

Of course. Why do they hire apes to this organisation?

Alchemists have been trying to discover the secret of eternal life for several centuries now, so how could a lowly scholar such as I possess the key to that?

"Dr. Parecelulitisblahblah... "

Said Heckz to himself, almost shocked.

Of course there are numerous myths and legends about the matter, like the one about Helvetia's Siege high up in the north granting immortality to anyone who sits on it.

"Don't the nords know something about Helvetia?"

Elijah... or Edwin or Edward or Eric or whatever his name is...

Or the one about the Eatress, who robs lifeforce from her victims and uses it to extend her own. Not unlike a certain witch that is roaming in this city currently...

"Wait, what?! She's in this city? What's she called? I'd like a chat with her. And if she's pretty enough I might show her who eats who... if you know what I mean... Continue."

Demons return to their hellish realm after being banished, but what few people know is that even they have a limited life span. I would dare say even the gods are not immortal, for they can get lost and forgotten as time passes. So as unfortunate as it seems, I would argue that all things must die at one point or another."

"Another trip to that Void thingy? No thank you."

Edited by Cutcobra

"Wait, what?! She's in this city? What's she called? I'd like a chat with her. And if she's pretty enough I might show her who eats who... if you know what I mean... Continue."

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"You have not heard of her yet? Apparently you do not visit Scheherazade's Saloon often enough, then. I hear her name is Barbariccia Dellamore, but she is currently aligned with the Wolfgang, so finding her against her will is next to impossible. If even Elphaba the Witch refuses to return to this city because of this woman, I would advice you to steer away from her as well."

"Scheherazade won't talk to me anymore because she thinks I keep criticizing her. She is quite right."

"Barbariccia? How does everyone know about her if she keeps being hidden. Whatever. I'll ask the other heroes in the hall."

"Oh, you mean Elpha- boo? That B won't sell me that 'Fifty Shades of Bley' for some reason. I would take it from here but I can't read the letters in the cov- I MEAN; My selfless spirit is above stealing."

"Bye... mister... hairy... something... bye!"

With that, Heckz quickly leaves the library.

OoC: I will have to go forward with this, would had wanted to build someLego portals and I have a moc in mind of when Keliim came to Eubricka through a moongate. But I don´t find the time to build that right now, so I will just try to tell that story with words :grin: . But I have builded a small setup for an other story.

Heckz enters the library. He didn't see anyone so he just waited whilst 'reading' a book so he could appear smart.

Keliim is engaged in studying the books that are in front of him so he nearly doesn´t notice anyone entering the library.

When the big man looks up from his books, he sees this man with blonde hair and black clothes, circling nervously around and pretending to read a book.

Keliim thinks if he should say something but then remembers to mind his own business, so he continues reading the books about the history and houses of Eubric Freeport.

After awhile when the strange blonde man has left, Byblos returns back to Keliim and says:

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Hmm, you should do better to consult an experienced mage about things related to magic. I do not have any recollection of anything called "moongates", anyway. Unless you mean portals to the demonic realm of Azazot that the last Moon Elven king, Haeresias, opened, bringing upon the doom of ancient Mercution?" Byblos eyed the barbarian suspiciously. "Even so, that information is not something I hand over to just anyone."

Keliim looks at the Metasimian and sees that he is clearly a bit annoyed, maybe the blonde man had something to do with it. So he answers him:

"I apologize master scholar if I did annoy you in any way or did ask the wrong question, that was not my intention!"

"And one could say that I was being rude, coming here and just asking questions and not bringing any info of myself." "Roawia is the land I originate from and where I lived until I came here two years ago. And it was magic or more to say black magic that brought me here."

Keliim start telling a story about how he had escaped the slave pits of Karain, using somekind of Karain´s magic that opened a magic portal that he and another gladiatorslave had walked through.

(OoC:When I find the time I will build this moc, that tells this better.)

"I turned up here, coming through the portal that closed behind me. I have no idea where the other slave went because he didn´t come here and I have no idea how to go back because I have no idea about this kind of magic?"

"Thou said something about some kind portals to a demonic realm, sounds intresting. Roawia is not in a demonic realm but "Karain the shadow" is a demonic character, so he has access to this kind of witchcraft."

"Who or whom could thou think of Master scholar, who could tell me more about this and help me get back home?"

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"I don´t know, what would help you get home but like I said, You should consult an experienced mage and powerful, maybe someone who is also more experienced in black magic.

Or then you could consult some of the houses dealing with magic."

"But beware, they won`t tell you anything or let you come close to them before you have made yourself a name around here!"

Edited by Mencot

"Ofcourse, thank thee scholar. If thou wan´t something thou gotta give something, right?"

Keliim thinks and then gets up

"Before I go, do thou seen something like this?"

Keliim takes a round golden thing from is bag

16804741918_085cf526b1_t.jpg

"When I was looking through some of the books about history and houses of Eubric, I saw this emblem"

Keliim points at a book witch is open on the pages that tells the history of the Bonapartes

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

Byblos looks worried

"Where did you get that"

Keliim startes telling the story of what he had done before coming to the library. Keliim had taken the hint of Mr Shawn and gone to the Hovel again and to the Lady Luck tavern. To find out if he could find the thugs that beat him and stole his possessions.

16793975490_37e95a2889_m.jpg

Keliim arrives at the tavern and goes to one of the backrooms. The hall is filled with all kinds of figures, Keliim walks over to the bardisk.

16955478896_2633b1a5e7_m.jpg

"What ye want?" says the Bartender

"Give me a mead."

The bartender fills a Keliim a mug of mead and hands it over.

Keliim thanks the bartender and leaves a few coins on the bardisk.

16359058634_cce2acb821_m.jpg

While drinking his mead, he looks around the hall and spots some familiar persons sitting in one of the corner of the hall.

16980514201_4552cb7c42_m.jpg

The big man walks over to the thugs, before he says anything the thug leader looks up from his drink and says:

16795217099_cb4ed34701_t.jpg

"Look boys, what what th' sea monster dragged in! Isnt it th' old friend, big puny looser, Hows ye head? HAHHAA Harhar

16359034944_4f22ea4298_t.jpg16795218909_ce4981df1e_t.jpg

"Yea, how ye head Harharhhahaah"

"So ye come fer another round but this time, I promise ye, We gunna finish ye up really jolly. Won´t we boys!

16359034944_4f22ea4298_t.jpg16795218909_ce4981df1e_t.jpg

"Yea we gonna feed ye to th' fishes, hahahaaharhar"

16980510251_eb5ee6bf16_m.jpg

The thugs get up and attacks Keliim.

16793702018_bdcfb08e34_m.jpg

The fight is over before it starts and the thugs bites the dust.

"Aarrg, he is tough. What happened"

Keliim takes the bleeding thug leader by the collar and lifts him up and says "Now listen to me bugwhip, thee took something that belongs to me, were is it?

The thug spits blood and says "We, we sold them... 'n ye gunna never get them back. Because I not be tellin' ye nothin' "

Keliim slams the leader to the floor and throws him into the table. As he falls, he drops a few gold coins and what looks like a golden medallion.

Keliim picks them up, the gold medallion has a falcon on it. But he quickly puts it in his bag because the other figures in the hall are observing him carefully.

16793953100_c0b75c7325_m.jpg

Keliim goes over to the bartender and throws some of the gold coins the thug leader dropped and says " I apologize for the disturbance!"

And the he walks out of the tavern and leaves the Hovel quickly.

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

Byblos looks stunned but then he opens his mouth and says:

"Yes that looks like the Bonaparte emblem but if I were you I would forget about all this and get ride of that thing as soon as possible... and get out of my library, it is getting late"

"Okay (not ok-ey), I thank thee scholar for everything" The Keliim opens the door and walks out in to the cold street again but before returning to the Heroica Hall he hides the Golden medallion in a safe place.

One day, Byblos the Librarian shuffled through the scrolls and parchments in search of a certain map.

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Bookmark! What have you done to all of the maps?! They are not where they ought to..." He then glanced to the wall, and saw them neatly pinned there in a straight row. "Oh. Well, I guess that works too."

~New maps have been added to the first page!~

heroica-mapbabeleth.jpg

heroica-mapbaltarok.jpg

heroica-mapsalmanda.jpg

heroica-mapspesialia.jpg

heroica-mapmistaria.jpg

As the resident(and highly well-groomed) librarian sorted through the perpetual stacks of books, a certain Black Knight stepped inside the knowledge-filled halls.

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"...The Labyrinth Jogger..."

20597927795_f17fb07926_t.jpg

"Excuse me-"

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Do you have any ideas how to categorize a book that's neither for children, nor adults?"

"Err...No?"

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"Then goodbye. " The Metasimian turned around and returned to his sorting. "The Starving Arenas? Who writes these things!?"

The Munchkin stood behind him awkwardly. "Er...Apologies for intruding on your time, but...Could you explain to me just how one might send a Z-Mail? There's...someone I w...need to get in touch with.

Very badly..."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

The Munchkin stood behind him awkwardly. "Er...Apologies for intruding on your time, but...Could you explain to me just how one might send a Z-Mail? There's...someone I w...need to get in touch with.

Very badly..."

Byblos rolls his eyes and hands Lind a sheet of pink parchment and matching envelope from his desk. He points out the fine print at the bottom.

Instructions

Print your intended recipient's name clearly in the header of your message. When you have finished writing, fold and seal the parchment into the included envelope, then utter the words "I've got Z-Mail!" It really is as simple as that!

License and Terms of Use

Z-Mail, the Z-Mail form, the Pink Parchment, "I've got Z-Mail!", ETHEREAL LETTERS, and the Z-Mail System are tradenames and/or copyreserves of Valentine Ziegfried, her heirs and/or successors, and the Ziegfried family, collectively "The Valentine Group".

© and TN AI251-AI254 The Valentine Group. All rights reserved. Use of this service signifies your agreement to the terms of use.

Valentine Ziegfried, The Valentine Group, the Ziegfrieds, the House of Ziegfried, and any members of and/or associates with the Ziegfried family are not responsible for any maiming, dismemberment, eternal damnation, gratuitous clothing damage, and/or any other consequence resulting from the the use of the service. The aforementioned parties bear no responsibility for the content delivered by the service. The service is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall the authors or providers be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the service or the use or other dealings in the service. This service is not intended for transport of living beings and should not be used for such purpose. Ask your local Cleric before using the Service if you have or think you may have Ether Overload. Do not use while intoxicated.

License drafted by Spinnetus, Cathedral of Commerce, Eubric Freeport AI249, blessed by High Priest Tarantus AI251, License no. 3626bpb0047. Revised and reaffirmed AI252 by High Priest Tarantus, revised License no. 3626bpb0056

A frequent visitor to the Library scurried in.

"Pardon me."

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"...Do you ever actually go on quests, or do you just visit the Library constantly?"

"Yes."

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"..."

"Right...Anyways, could I check out a map...say on a semi-permanent basis?"

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"I'm almost afraid to ask..."

"Just of the world."

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"...That may be the only time someone's said "just of the world," and not sounded entirely arrogant."

"Thank you!"

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

"...Wasn't a compliment."

"Right...Anyways, can I have one?"

heroicanpc-byblos.jpg

*sigh* "...I suppose..."

He hands Lind a Map of Olegia.

"Thank you, have a nice day!"

Lind leaves the library.