Gahrian

Port for Imperial Flagship

So in all my greatness, I missed this MOC for indexing.

The user kindly PM'd me asking me to and I'm glad he did.

I am bumping this thread simply because this MOC is so awesome that anyone who joined since it's creation needs to see it.

:pir_yoda: Pirate Yoda approves this bump.

How did I miss this as well? It is simply stunning. :pir-wub:

Brilliant MOC! I love the rocky mountain side and the little water fall running through it. Everything is beautiful.

:shark:

Indeed a great MOC Gahrian created. It's put together very well, so much detail and on a very large scale. Definitely something to see and comment on pirate_classic.gif

Masterpiece!

It's huge, it has so much detail and it looks fantastic. I love land based MOCs and this is one of the (if not the) best MOCs I ever saw.

And thank you for the pictures.

How long did it take you to build this one?

Outstanding! :pir-wub:

Thanks for all the nice words.

I love this MOC! Excuse me, but what are Chrome Lightsaber hilts doing in there?

It was meant to be a telescope...

So in all my greatness, I missed this MOC for indexing.

The user kindly PM'd me asking me to and I'm glad he did.

Thank you for adding it to the index. Appreciated.

How long did it take you to build this one?

It was under construction for some 4 months. But actual build time, I'm not sure. I'm a father of 2 so days, weeks and months can pass between LEGO time. Also a lot of time was spent waiting for Bricklink orders to complete. If all the parts were available and I just kept building, I'd say it's something like 1-2 weeks build time.

As I mentioned in the original post, it grew far beyond the original plans, and every expansion led to some steps backwards to make it look like one piece.

That MOC is really awesome. I can't stop looking at it, always finding new details....

I need to build something piratey soon!!!

What the beautiful Port.!!Can I ask you (Gahrian) something detail about this port for my project in Yahoo??

Edited by Jack1405

I think this is one of my most favorite MOCs ever. It´s size and it´s enormous level of detail are overwhelming. This is exactly what I had in mind when I restarted LDD-building 2 month ago. AWESOME!!!

You are my personal hero. ...but I have to agree on some of the cannons. They look more like modern guns than like old school cannons. Perhaps just turn the curved bricks around and it looks fine.

What the beautiful Port.!!Can I ask you (Gahrian) something detail about this port for my project in Yahoo??

Just post your questions here so everyone can benefit from the discussion.

Thanks for bumping this since otherwise I would've missed it! Your port indeed looks impressive. I wonder how large such a port would need to be to hold larger MOC ships, or even something collossal such as the Fourageux?:pir_laugh2:

I have to agree that the waterside grey-with-black-bits-rocks could be improved, I'd suggest a combination of grey and dark grey, and some green or even dark green close to the water to resemble algae.