Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. Tristan

Cheap ship parts and redcoats?

Well the sails and the ship hulls are going to be your expensive parts, more so on the sails, also hope your folks registered the account at BrickLink since children under 18 are not permitted on the site.

also hope your folks registered the account at BrickLink since children under 18 are not permitted on the site.

Well who's going to tell them I'm 13? It doesn't ask for age.

Well who's going to tell them I'm 13? It doesn't ask for age.

You would be surprised, for starters how would you be paying? need to be 18 plus to have a PayPal account, alot of sellers usually will not accept money thru the mail, or your sending at your own risk.

not saying you will get caught, but they abhor children under 18 on the site and if suspected and reported you will most likely get banned.

You would be surprised, for starters how would you be paying? need to be 18 plus to have a PayPal account, alot of sellers usually will not accept money thru the mail, or your sending at your own risk.

not saying you will get caught, but they abhor children under 18 on the site and if suspected and reported you will most likely get banned.

Well my parents would pay of course, with their Paypal, just through my account. They don't really like having to make a separate account for things. I was hoping for actual suggestions for sites, sellers, or Bricklink stores though. I may actually be able to get some hull pieces, a full mast, and maybe a couple other nice things from my friend who has the pieces for the Caribbean Clipper, but I would still need the sails (including an extra square sail), extra hull piece, another mast, and rigging. And minifigs and cannons of course.

Well my parents would pay of course, with their Paypal, just through my account. They don't really like having to make a separate account for things. I was hoping for actual suggestions for sites, sellers, or Bricklink stores though. I may actually be able to get some hull pieces, a full mast, and maybe a couple other nice things from my friend who has the pieces for the Caribbean Clipper, but I would still need the sails (including an extra square sail), extra hull piece, another mast, and rigging. And minifigs and cannons of course.

then BrickLinks catalog feature is your best friend, it will show stores that have the item your looking for and at a price that is good for you, furthermore you can set up a wanted list to show you stores that have all or most of what you need, and I repeat sails will be costly, you might consider looking into making your own sails if your not too particualr about how they look.

PS: also it doesn't help if you post here that your 13, and have an account on BL and what your looking for either.

Edited by Mythos

Being under 18 isn't much of a problem, that's what parents/uncles/aunts/etcetera are for, you just make your account on bricklink and let your parents handle the details

PS: also it doesn't help if you post here that your 13, and have an account on BL and what your looking for either

ROFL, man Mythos that was hilerious!

But seriously getting back on track. Assuming you go through your parents or properly aged individual. You can also try places like Brickarms if you don't mind custom pieces. Otherwise you're kind of stuck with Bricklink with that type of order.

On very rare occassions the official LEGO stores will break down big displays and put them in grab bags. I recently missed out on ship hulls, masts, and sails at my own store. :(

Honestly, what I do in situations where I have a fairly big project before me I set out a monthly budget to get essential pieces over the span of months. This means one month you can pick up some sails, the following month you get some hulls and so on. Then I spend the time in between rethinking all my design choices for the rest of the ship. Trying to balance interesting details with stability. More or less pace yourself. It's kind of a different way to build.

Will

ROFL, man Mythos that was hilerious!

But seriously getting back on track. Assuming you go through your parents or properly aged individual. You can also try places like Brickarms if you don't mind custom pieces. Otherwise you're kind of stuck with Bricklink with that type of order.

On very rare occassions the official LEGO stores will break down big displays and put them in grab bags. I recently missed out on ship hulls, masts, and sails at my own store. :(

Honestly, what I do in situations where I have a fairly big project before me I set out a monthly budget to get essential pieces over the span of months. This means one month you can pick up some sails, the following month you get some hulls and so on. Then I spend the time in between rethinking all my design choices for the rest of the ship. Trying to balance interesting details with stability. More or less pace yourself. It's kind of a different way to build.

Will

That's actually a pretty good idea. And I'm thinking I might just made a redcoat version of the Caribbean Clipper with BSB sails, different decals, and actual cabin. I haven't actually seen the red BSB sails on an imperial ship so that inspired me even more.

Glad I could help.

When I did the redesign I wasn't making a ship, I was outfitting The Mill from POTC with a motor. It's interesting the new combinations you can find by putting your own flavor on a set.

One thing I've been thinking about trying is to take two completely unlike sets and seeing what I can create between the two. That's probably the same mentality that gives us things like steam punk.

Hmm...a steam punk pirate ship. That would be something to see.

But I like where your going with swapping sails. Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen that either. Good luck with your project.

Will