• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

gallery_6705_157_25242.png

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to share with you one of my favourite LEGO themes and part of the Ninja storyline. Like the first LEGO Ninjago review which I have done for the 30083 Dragon Fight, I had lots of fun presenting this new inexpensive polybag review as well. So, sit back and enjoy.

Name: Ninja Glider

Theme: LEGO System / Ninjago

Year: 2011

Pieces: 26

Minifigs: 1

Price: USD N.A, GBP N.A, SGD N.A

Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original polybag image of the 30080 Ninja Glider

1.jpg

Back view of the original polybag image of the 30080 Ninja Glider

2.jpg

Stealth Flying Operation in progress

13.jpg

The year is 2011, and the state of the art modern flying ninja glider was only made exclusively available for The Sun Newspaper Promotion in May 2011 which made it very hard to acquire more of this polybag in multiples.

This ninja isn't particularly realistic, instead it made use of a creative design to structure a one of a kind ninja glider which is my clear favourite. :wub: I also hope you will like my new photo-editing attempt for this review as well. :blush:

Instruction Leaflet

6.jpg

The above page shows the instructions for building the ninja glider, while the other side of the instruction leaflet shows the recent new products of the theme.

Laying out the content

3.jpg

The contents within are very useful for the weapons hoarder. There are a total of 6 delicious pearl gold scimitars which are the main reason for buying this set. You can use these with your Fantasy Era Castle Orcs for a completely different look to their scimitars.

Ninjago character - Zane

4.jpg

The main star of this review is my favourite Ninja, "Zane". His personality is calm and cool, just like freezing ice and that is part of his elemental alignment. I always had a soft spot for the white ninja and it is also my preferred colour too. At the same time, the white ninja kind of reminded me of the white ninja princess. :sweet:

This minifigure is available in these 4 different LEGO sets. There is no back printing or dual headed expression for this minifigure. Take a look at his calm expression without his ninja head wrap.

Swords of Aura

8.jpg

Building the glider

9.jpg

Completed design

10.jpg

After completing the build, I still don't understand how scimitars can help to elevate aerial dynamics and make a glider. I do think that the scimitars curve blades may help to maintain glide control. To me, I find it very interesting and fantastical to see these weapon blades acting like wings. I built this quite awhile ago, but if memory serves me right, there were no remaining spare parts at the end of the build.

How do I take off when my legs can't even touch the ground now?

11.jpg

Your ninja glider is obsolete. Mine is much newer and sleeker than yours

12.jpg

Although the ninja gliders are from a different era, I strongly believe that both can perform convert aerial operations to carry out their secret missions.

To conclude, the main attraction for this polybag is definitely getting the white ninja and scoring multiples of pearl gold scimitars since this is the only set to offer so many for such a low price. Apart from its very limited distribution, this polybag is unique in terms of design. One might say that such a design is not airworthy to glide but I find it innovative to see weapon blades for its wing structure. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this and if I have a chance to get more, I will not hesitate to do so.

Summary review

Playability: 8.5/10 (Pretty fun to adjust the weapon blades to different positions.)

Design: 8.5/10 (Creative glider design with a highly sought minifigure.)

Price: 8/10 (Reasonable pricing but it will be better if it is widely distributed.)

Overall: 8.3/10 (A great way to buy multiple white ninjas or a few to convert to the new glider's design.)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about you?

Hope you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Critics are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr and My Brickshelf (When moderated)

While this is a fairly simple set, I'm very interested in getting it. The swords are cool, and the Ninja is one of the rarer ones. Simple is good in this case!

Fantastic review, Fangy! I :wub: your pictures, particularly that title pic.

As much as I wish the NinjaGo theme would be made up of more sets consisting of structures, this is about as crazy of a polybag set as you can get! :tongue: What a great way to get Zane and a bunch of those scimitars.

Simple is good in this case!

I completely agrees.

As much as I wish the NinjaGo theme would be made up of more sets consisting of structures, this is about as crazy of a polybag set as you can get! :tongue: What a great way to get Zane and a bunch of those scimitars.

Thanks ZO6. As much as you want sets with decent structures, but this is going to be very hard since the part counts are limited and the amount of useful parts made up for its design. The reason itself, is enough motivation for one to get multiples of it.

It's a nifty set, but I can't seem to find any over here.

So far, it was only made available for just a day during the Sun Newspaper Promotion giveaway in UK. Let's hope it can appears elsewhere in other promotions, or the likely alternate place to acquire is Bricklink.

This was the only one of the Newspaper promo's I managed to get, and I'm glad I did.

Originally, I mainly wanted it for parts. But once I built it, I didn't have the heart to take it apart.

It just looks awesomely ridiculous! :classic:

Great review of this fun little polybag set, WhiteFang! The design is ingenious, it's remarkable how all of the scimitars are attached to the glider by droid bodies. I wish that this was distributed more widely, since it would be a super cheap way of getting both the minifigure and the weapons.

Love this set. I was watching the four-part Ninjago TV special online recently (Episode 1

), and afterwards mentioned what a shame it was that the gliders shown in Episodes 2 and 3 didn't ever appear in sets, since they were so much more compact than any previous ones. My brother quickly reminded me of this set, and I have to admit this definitely feels a lot more dynamic than any previous Ninja gliders!

While the white Ninja Zane is a bit of a rare minifigure, that isn't really a factor in my liking this set, considering that the most desirable Ninjago set by far (the Fire Temple) has him already. If I hadn't planned on getting that set then I probably wouldn't have invested in any Ninjago sets at all. I suppose historic theme builders who want to accumulate an army of ninjas might find this set desirable as an inexpensive way to get Zane, not that an army of white ninjas makes any more sense than the rest of the theme would outside of a fantasy setting...

My liking of this set has more to do with the innovative build that gives it such a distinctive and streamlined design in so few pieces.

Very nice review Fangy! Those Ninjas don't know how to hold back in extravagance do they. My question is, where did they get all that gold?

Personally, I don't find this set to be all that exciting. Besides for the gold scimitars, there isn't much that makes me want to get this. Compared to the old Ninja glider that you've shown, this one is certainly better, but compared to the old ones that use the large plastic wings this one is not as good. Those old ones might have been clunky, but they actually felt like something made from wood, bamboo, and rope, where as this one is utterly nonsensical. Nonsensical is what NinjaGo is all about, though.

This rather cool little set was also available in Poland with Cartoon Network magazine. The price we had to pay for the magazine + glider was even lower than for a regular impulse and they had loads of them, so I managed to get two! :sweet:

I like this set for these reasons: white ninja (I'm tired of red ones), gold swords and rear design inspired by Gundam Virsago chest break.

Virsago%20Chest%20Break-HG-1-500x500.jpg

Fantastic. I really wish TRU used these for their promo a few weeks ago instead of the Skeleton Chopper. This looks much cooler.