Sign in to follow this  
Bayou

[MOC] "Obi-wan, you are my only hope"

gallery_101_23_281.gif

This is my entry for the Community build:

(obviously it was at Obi's house when D2-R2 revealed its secret message with Princess Leia's hologram...)

P1030161.jpg

Actually, I had a better idea in my mind but I didn't have enough pieces in the right colours.

I will keep this one in mind and maybe if I find enough right colour pieces, sometimes later I'll make it as I imagine it ...

By far a awesome MOC!!! I never would have thought to build something of that caliber. Very nice and well done.

Hello!

A very clever idea! :classic:

The only thing I would change is the colour from trans-neon-green to trans-blue which would be more accurate. :classic: At a first look, I thought some kind of Death Star was firing lasers at the princess. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Chrisopher

(obviously it was at Obi's house when D2-R2 revealed its secret message with Princess Leia's hologram...)

Great creation Bayou, very clever!

Also, I have a few things to say:

1. I thought R2 revealed the message at the Lars homestead :sceptic:.

2. It's R2-D2 not D2-R2 :wacko::tongue: .

Great idea, I havent see this done befor. As usual we all fall short on peices when building and dont alway create what is in our heads. It would look better if R2's head was a bit more rounded.

Very creative. Excellent work. Other than the green beam instead of blue, as has been pointed out, it looks good. :thumbup:

1. I thought R2 revealed the message at the Lars homestead :sceptic:.

No, it was at Ben's house.

Very original Bayou. I like it a lot A2's head is very clever. I think the beams should be trans blue if you have it and the platform Leia is on should be blue as well.

But still very nice :thumbup: :thumbup:.

Thanks guys for your comments, I appreciate !

I totally agree with you :

- I would like too to do it more rounded but with the few pieces which I had it was not possible for the moment...

- In the original idea, I imagine it in blue but one more time I had only trans-green parts

- yeah it's R2-D2, sorry it was a French reflex to call it D2-R2 ... :wink:

so I have to think about a solution to rounded it, and to find some blue-trans pieces on BL ...too easy ... :laugh:

Thanks guys for your comments, I appreciate !

I totally agree with you :

- I would like too to do it more rounded but with the few pieces which I had it was not possible for the moment...

- In the original idea, I imagine it in blue but one more time I had only trans-green parts

- yeah it's R2-D2, sorry it was a French reflex to call it D2-R2 ... :wink:

so I have to think about a solution to rounded it, and to find some blue-trans pieces on BL ...too easy ... :laugh:

I'd say for a solution to make the head rounder, use hinge plates. Check out pics of Lego's UCS Death Star II to see what I mean. :classic:

Excellent idea. Now it makes me wish TLG would make certain minifigures in trans blue for a hologram effect. I can imagine at least I would want a Princess Lea and The Emperor for starters.

If I may add some constructive advice, perhaps it would be better to make the porjection more horizontal rather than pointing upward. It would replicate the scene a little better IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLx0BCjtxx8

Overall, very creative and good job. :thumbup:

Yeah it could be better... I have an idea for the minifig's blue problem, I had to check on Bricklink if it's possible.. :wink:

With the tip of the death star, I can imagine a better design for the head of R2D2, thannks for that...BL will also help me.

Your encouragement is a fuel for me (can we say that in English ?! :wacko: ) ...