Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#3: The Missing Matriarch

Do you know the children's favorite colors? That could hint at something maybe."

"The children's favourite colours are clearly visible on the beds."

I'd like to put the wretched brat darling child Morgan into the yellow and red bed.

If that works, 1 down, 3 to go.

I'd like to put the wretched brat darling child Morgan into the yellow and red bed.

If that works, 1 down, 3 to go.

The nanny raises her eyebrow.

"So, you're not the smart one in the group, eh? Have you not paid any attention to what I told you?"

Do we look like any of us know anything about kids? I'm not sure Cronk even knows where they come from.

"I know where kids come from, they hatch from eggs in the hatchery! Right?"

"However, according to my calculations there are 24 different ways we can arrange the children into the beds, surely we can't try all of these, that would take forever. So clearly we need to be clever. I wonder if there might a connection between the colours of the teddy bears and the children's names?"

Cronk know where baby come from. When mommy orc and daddy orc have lot of love, parent orcs give young Cronk money to see local jousting tourney and many month later, Cronk little brother born. Cronk suspects is noisy. Lots of things broken when young Cronk gets back from tourney.

Cronk ask nanny what favorite colors children have or if children have favorite toy party can tempt children to get in right bed with.

Cronk ask nanny what favorite colors children have or if children have favorite toy party can tempt children to get in right bed with.

"The first question was already answered, and all the toys are more or less broken by these loose furry cannonballs already. Are you not interested to learn about the kids themselves?"

Please, lovely nanny, please I beg of you, tell us everything you know about the children themselves.

Pleeeease. :cry_sad:

In the meantime, we'll grab the kids and try this combination:

Orange teddy - Lilly's bed

Dark Blue teddy - Bluto's bed

Pink teddy - Morgan's bed

Light blue teddy - Merlyn's bed.

Does that work??? :cry_sad:

Please, lovely nanny, please I beg of you, tell us everything you know about the children themselves.

"Everything?! I wouldn't know where to begin... I've been taking care of these children ever since Merlyn was born, after all."

In the meantime, we'll grab the kids and try this combination:

Orange teddy - Lilly's bed

Dark Blue teddy - Bluto's bed

Pink teddy - Morgan's bed

Light blue teddy - Merlyn's bed.

Does that work??? :cry_sad:

Only one of the teddies seems to relax a bit, but then all of them bounce off the beds again.

Okay, another attempt: (before I quite honestly just post all possible permutations :tongue:)

Dark-blue teddy into Bluto's bed.

Pink teddy into Lilly's bed.

Orange teddy into Morgan's bed.

Light blue teddy into Merlyn's bed.

Orange teddy into Morgan's bed.

Light blue teddy into Merlyn's bed.

Now two of the teddy bears calm down for a split second, but soon all four are jumping up and down again.

Right, final attempt then:

Orange teddy into Merlyn's bed.

Light blue teddy into Morgan's bed.

OK

Dark Blue teddy - Bluto

Light Blue teggy - Merlyn

Orange teddy - Lilly

Pink teddy - Morgan

??

Orange teddy into Merlyn's bed.

Light blue teddy into Morgan's bed.

The teddy bears are only amping up the rounds, so the party goes through great effort to get them back into the beds. But as they are placed in the order Namyrra suggested, they seem to finally calm down. Slowly the stuffed bears change back into four smiling children.

heroicaquest3-nurserysolved.jpg

"That was fun!" Merlyn cheers. "Can we do it again?"

"No!" the exhausted nanny barks. "And tomorrow morning when you wake up, you will have a great big clean-up project ahead of you."

Then the nanny turns to the party.

"Thank you for saving the children. I am sure their parents will be ever-grateful to you as well. Here, have these two items as my thanks. I use them to get the children to sleep, but I can always get new ones."

Party Leader, how will the reward items be dealt?

heroica-lullabywand.jpg1 x Lullaby Wand (WP: 4, sleep-effect to physical attacks, suitable to mages)

heroica-sandmansparasol.jpg1 x Sandman’s Parasol (protects from sleep-effect)

Thank .... for that. I was so very close to.. doing something very unpleasant.

Namyrra, for all your hard work I think you should have the Lullaby Wand, and I will keep the Sandman's Parasol for myself. Because it's pretty. :grin:

Can we go kill things now? Please? I have some tension to work out. :look:

Maybe on to the Study? Yes?

heroicaquest3-ziegfriedmanormap.jpg

Thank .... for that. I was so very close to.. doing something very unpleasant.

Namyrra, for all your hard work I think you should have the Lullaby Wand, and I will keep the Sandman's Parasol for myself. Because it's pretty. :grin:

"Thank you noble leader, I shall immediately start using this sweet new wand." Namyrra carefully tucks away the bone-staff and instead equips the Lullaby Wand.

Can we go kill things now? Please? I have some tension to work out. :look:

"The Study sounds good to me, and then I think we could do the smaller bedrooms, the bathroom and finally the Master Bedroom as it seems we're in agreement that this is the source of the weirdness."

Party:

sig.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 4 Mage

Power
: 7

Health
: 8/8

Ether
: 6/8

Gold
: 5

Inventory
: Dragoro (WP: 3) ,Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Sapphire (Wind), Grand Tonic, Bedroll

6040477366_1cbdd80346_t.jpg

Cronk
(played by CorneliusMurdock)

Level 4 Knight

Power

Health
: 13/13

Gold
: 0

Inventory
: Longsword (WP: 3), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll, Bone

herocia.png

Signor Bacari
(played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 4 Ranger

Power

Health
: 9/9

Gold
:2

Inventory
: Crossbow (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Fire Bomb, Bedroll

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 4 Mage

Power
: 8

Health

Ether
: 5/8

Gold
: 10

Inventory
: Lullaby Wand (WP: 4, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Potion, Tonic

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 9 Mage (Party Leader)

Power
: 13

Health
: 11/13

Ether

Gold
: 17

Inventory
: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Sandman's Parasol (protects from sleep-effect), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Remedy, Bedroll, 2 Bones

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum
(played by Dannylonglegs)

Level 4 Cleric

Power

Health
: 12/12

Ether
: 7/8

Gold

Inventory
: Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Bone

The party heads to the other end of the hallway, greeting the joyous and thankful wizards on the way. The study proves to be full of strange devices, mystical artefacts and uncomprehensible notes. The room is also empty of any signs of life, so the party decides it would be safest not to touch anything.

Where will the party head to next?

The party heads to the other end of the hallway, greeting the joyous and thankful wizards on the way. The study proves to be full of strange devices, mystical artefacts and uncomprehensible notes. The room is also empty of any signs of life, so the party decides it would be safest not to touch anything.

Where will the party head to next?

"I think we should check out the small bedrooms now, so how about starting with bedroom 1 and do them in order?"

"I think we should check out the small bedrooms now, so how about starting with bedroom 1 and do them in order?"

Good plan. Onwards team!

The party searches the smaller bedrooms. The first one belongs to Altair and Beth (with two separate beds), the second one to Goldraum and Mabel, and the third to Zed. None of them contain anything interesting, though. Only the bathroom and the master bedroom remain to be searched, while Chesterine, Beth and Zed are all still missing.

Which one will the party enter first?

Well, I believe we're leaving the master bedroom until last, so I guess it's the bathroom.

Now's your opportunity Cronk, just wait until we've come back out again before you make your ablutions, eh? :wink:

The party decides to check the bathroom. Inside, they find a peculiar bathtub with a protruding head, and five frogs jumping around it. The tub talks to them in a strange gurgling voice.

"*gurgle gurgle* There you are! *gurgle* It is I, General Sourceress Beth! *bubble bubble* Will you make yourself useful already and help me?! *gurgle gurgle* Oh, and watch out for those frogs, they're quite toxic. *bubble*"

The party draws their weapons, pleased to solve matters in a more direct way again.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

heroicaquest3-battlebath.jpg

Enemies:

Beth the Bath

Type: Aquatic, Mechanic

Level: 5

Health: 21/21

Special:
Splash
– makes the environment wet for the next three turns, during which lightning-elemental spells will damage everyone in the battle.

Drops: Water Bomb

Toxic Toad (Yellow)

Type: Vermin, Aquatic

Level: 3

Health: 14/14

Special:
Poison Tongue
– Causes poisoned-effect to the target, making it lose 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied, the target is defeated or the battle is won.

Drops: Venom

Toxic Toad (Brown)

Special:
Poison Tongue
– Causes poisoned-effect to the target, making it lose 1 health each turn until the effect is remedied, the target is defeated or the battle is won.

Toxic Toad (Red)

Special:
Poison Tongue

Toxic Toad (Grey)

Special:
Poison Tongue

Toxic Toad (Green)

Special:
Poison Tongue

Party:

sig.jpg

Althior Emorith
(played by K-nut)

Level 4 Mage

Power

Health
: 8/8

Ether

Gold
: 5

Inventory
: Dragoro (WP: 3) ,Topaz (Lightning), Amethyst (Darkness), Aquamarine (Water), Sapphire (Wind), Grand Tonic, Bedroll

6040477366_1cbdd80346_t.jpg

Cronk
(played by CorneliusMurdock)

Level 4 Knight

Power

Health
: 13/13

Gold

Inventory
: Longsword (WP: 3), Shield (SP: 2), 2 Potions, Remedy, Bedroll, Bone

herocia.png

Signor Bacari
(played by Capt.JohnPaul)

Level 4 Ranger

Power

Health
: 9/9

Gold
:2

Inventory
: Crossbow (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Fire Bomb, Bedroll

ava-namyrra.jpg

Namyrra Uq
(played by Quarryman)

Level 4 Mage

Power
: 8

Health

Ether
: 5/8

Gold
: 10

Inventory
: Lullaby Wand (WP: 4, sleep-effect), Bone-staff (WP: 3), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire), Garnet (Earth), Opal (Ice), Potion, Tonic

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg

Nyx
(played by Pandora)

Level 9 Mage (Party Leader)

Power
: 13

Health

Ether

Gold
: 17

Inventory
: Dawnstar II (WP: 4), Sandman's Parasol (protects from sleep-effect), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Emerald (Wood), Diamond (Light), 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Remedy, Bedroll, 2 Bones

ava-sylph.jpg

Sylph Solanum
(played by Dannylonglegs)

Level 4 Cleric

Power

Health
: 12/12

Ether
: 7/8

Gold

Inventory
: Staff (WP: 3), Potion, Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Bone

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit at the end of the round.

"Oh crap, this looks like a tough one. And there's one target for each of us, so people, please pay attention to what targets others have chosen before you decide yours, we don't want any free hits here. I think Nyx should target the bath tub, and then the rest of us can target a frog each."

"I'll cast an Ice spell at the Red toad from the Back row."

"You're kidding, right? Anyways I'll attack the Grey toad from the back row."