Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

I just placed my first order with Amazon.Fr. Will be intresting to see how this order goes :classic:

Legoman can I ask if you think the Amazon.Fr. shipping prices are reasonable?

Legoman can I ask if you think the Amazon.Fr. shipping prices are reasonable?

Sorry to but in with my two cents - the Amazon.fr shipping is the cheapest of any place you'll find on the Internet -aside from thehut that is (if it's still free). Standard shipping on Supercar was ~€7-8 and I had it in hand in perfect condition in <5 working days. Couldn't have been happier with my transaction and shipping experience with them!

I have changed my website of choice, I think I am now addicted to amazon France.

I ordered a MMV about a week ago and this morning ordered two of the winter Christmas sets (they ended up costing $125 delivered to Australia for both of them).

The shipping from Amazon France is really cheap (and I think they take a tax off, because it always seems cheaper at checkout, but I don't speak French (I click the buttons I know from my UK and US Amazon ordering).

I did order a lot from thehut, but they are frightfully slow and don't seem to get much new in (but I still look for great deals, which thehut do get, (I have got so many amazingly cheap sets from them). Although they have started adding $1 (per item) to my orders, which I think might be the start of adding postage to international orders.

I have changed my website of choice, I think I am now addicted to amazon France.

I ordered a MMV about a week ago and this morning ordered two of the winter Christmas sets (they ended up costing $125 delivered to Australia for both of them).

The shipping from Amazon France is really cheap (and I think they take a tax off, because it always seems cheaper at checkout, but I don't speak French (I click the buttons I know from my UK and US Amazon ordering).

I did order a lot from thehut, but they are frightfully slow and don't seem to get much new in (but I still look for great deals, which thehut do get, (I have got so many amazingly cheap sets from them). Although they have started adding $1 (per item) to my orders, which I think might be the start of adding postage to international orders.

Yes, a tax is removed on checkout which fairly reduces the price further for international purchases.

It does make for some really awesome deals thats for sure

Yes, a tax is removed on checkout which fairly reduces the price further for international purchases.

It does make for some really awesome deals thats for sure

Yep the final prices remove the European tax which make the set cheaper than it is depicted on the main product page.

And I agree with DrWeevil, the shipping is the best you will find, bar none.

I doubt you will get cheaper shipping even if you ordered from within Australia -it is probably faster too ;-)

My Ninjago Fire Temple shipped overnight (ordered it on Saturday) so I will be interested to see how long it takes.

@lorax I am there with you - LOL!

I'm finding it hard not to buy things.

Must...stay...away...

I have only ordered the one item from there, unfortunately they don't stock the sets I'm after at this point in time.

I've just placed a large order from a German Bricklinker of sets I've been after for a long time, and shipping was €25 + €11 insurance - up to 20kg. I can't really complain about that either, and they had all the sets I was after. The only thing that puts a ceiling is coming in under the GST limit...

Here's hoping the shipping is as good as the price of it!

Thanks for pointing me towards Amazon FR guys. First transaction was unbelievably good. Shipping was $15 and arrived in 3 days...I don't even see how thats possible. Box was in pristine condition as well.

Apparently the Lego Cargo Train 7939 is 29% off at Amazon France:

<br><br>It ends up being AUS $133 shipped compared to a RRP of AUS $299 over here.

I'm not a train person but looks good price-wise.

Cheers

<br><br>

Thanks for pointing me towards Amazon FR guys. First transaction was unbelievably good. Shipping was $15 and arrived in 3 days...I don't even see how thats possible. Box was in pristine condition as well.

<br>

<br>I know what you mean-it does seem too good.

I have this irrational fear Amazon are going to call me up and ask me to send the Lego back to France because they made a mistake :laugh:

Apparently the Lego Cargo Train 7939 is 29% off at Amazon France: 

It ends up being AUS $133 shipped compared to a RRP of AUS $299 over here.

I'm not a train person but looks good price-wise.

Cheers

I know what you mean-it does seem too good.

I have this irrational fear Amazon are going to call me up and ask me to send the Lego back to France because they made a mistake :laugh:

ahhh so thats why its so cheap its on special, i have a wishlist so far that is the GE and FB modular, Cargo train and passenger train, $600 express shipped..thats half what it would cost in australia.

Thanks to all the Amazon Fr shipping responses. I guess I am going to have to check them out as the tax removal was not something I was thought of either.

I got my MMV today from Amazon France. (UPS attempted first delivery yesterday).

So 5 days for shipping *oh2* And that is the cheap shipping, I can't imagine how quick their express shipping is.

I am never shopping anywhere else :laugh:

Hi All

Found out that the 10188 Death Star is on sale at Amazon france for 339 EUR

Ends up being AUS $400 including 4 day shipping!!!!!<br><br>It was AUS $474 earlier this week Which I thought was an unbeatable deal, but has dropped another $75.

I am well and truly off the fence now and have finally bought one!

YAY!!!

Thanks

First off I blame all of you for my most recent purchase! lol

I have given Amazon Fr a go and ordered the London Bridge 10214. The set comes down from 199 Euro to 166 Euro with the taxes removed and shipping is a paultry 9.26 Euro. Imagine trying to ship this set from the US for that kind of price.

So all told the price came to $ 231.00 AUD shipped... nice :)

<br>First off I blame all of you for my most recent purchase! lol

I have given Amazon Fr a go and ordered the London Bridge 10214. The set comes down from 199 Euro to 166 Euro with the taxes removed and shipping is a paultry 9.26 Euro. Imagine trying to ship this set from the US for that kind of price.

So all told the price came to $ 231.00 AUD shipped... nice :)

<br>

<br>LOL! You are welcome

And imagine trying to ship the London Bridge set down the corner of your street for that price!

Let us know how the order goes.

Also, after I calmed down at the Death Star price (Lego + Bargain = Panic!!!!) I had a look around at a few other sets and it seems Amazon France is having a sale.

I was after the Mill Village Raid and yesterday it was AUS $68 shipped but now it is down to $58 shipped: 

It's hard to spot because unlike Amazon US the French site doesn't put the RRP and then the discounted price so you know things are cheaper (and I have no real idea of French RRP).

I just noticed this one because it was less than the last few times I have put it into my cart and checked out the price.

So if you have been thinking about a set over the last week, then try it again today and see if it is reduced further. 

Cheers

P.S Concept I'm not really saying all this to make your life harder :0) But I know it will LOL!

Not really interested in the Death Star but it checks out at $414 for me. Too bad they don't stock the Imperial Shuttle.

Not really interested in the Death Star but it checks out at $414 for me. Too bad they don't stock the Imperial Shuttle.

Yah a third party has it but it won't ship to Australia

Shopforme.com.au have it for $399.

I use xe.com to convert my prices and it comes out at $405 for me still.

Edited by greenpaw

It's hard to spot because unlike Amazon US the French site doesn't put the RRP and then the discounted price so you know things are cheaper (and I have no real idea of French RRP).

You could check Brickset for the amazon.fr posts to see what's coming through a special. I use Google reader to capture the Brickset feeds and just review anything they've posted before looking at the Amazon site. They have the same feeds for US, UK & Germany as well.

Darn Amazon France. I just ordered a Lego Advent calendar, a playmobil advent calander and another playmobil set (all delivered for less than $50Aus). I am going to have to block amazon France, maybe after Christmas (I am thinking of getting my husband that big 8043 technic digger).

Darn Amazon France. I just ordered a Lego Advent calendar, a playmobil advent calander and another playmobil set (all delivered for less than $50Aus). I am going to have to block amazon France, maybe after Christmas (I am thinking of getting my husband that big 8043 technic digger).

LOL I looked at the Playmobil stuff too.

I love their Future Planet range (I think it comes out here next year).

But I figured It would be safer if I just disconnect my computer at that stage before I re-mortgage the house :hmpf:

Edited by greenpaw

I have ordered a couple of train sets as well as Diagon Alley sets from Amazon.fr and Amazon.com with those prices.

My credit card is crying right now, but considering how cheap they are, how can I refuse?

The Modular Emporium is down to AUS$150 shipped on Amazon.fr

:wacko:

Its from a third party seller so theres no tax deduction and 90 euro shipping. Checks out at $317 for me.

Its from a third party seller so theres no tax deduction and 90 euro shipping. Checks out at $317 for me.

It was 125.80 euros earlier though. It just rose to nearly 150

It was 125.80 euros earlier though. It just rose to nearly 150

Maybe Amazon themselves ran out so they're showing the third party seller. Would make sense.

Maybe Amazon themselves ran out so they're showing the third party seller. Would make sense.

I check and it shows they themselves are selling it at 150, I do know though they had multiple listings for the emporium before.

I was unable to resist and ordered a Unimog that has dropped to 127.42 euros