Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

Sorry guys, I didn't have time to try them out last night. Still, it is great to know we will have access to these sets through one amazon store eventually, even if it takes a couple of months!

I figured this was the best place to ask this, I'm looking at using a US mail redirect service (namely hopshopgo) to take advantage of the hulk minifig exclusive as well as the cheaper US prices, has anyone had any experience using it or similar services before with shop@home and has any tips?

Apparently due to scammers shop@home no longer ship to freight forwarders.

I think it might still work if you get them to purchase the items for you, though honestly haven't tried it for quite a while

is there Tantive IV anyway for grabs?

i'm wanna get this set..

I think you've missed the boat on that one by a couple months (assuming you don't want to pay an inflated price on ebay or bricklink).

In other news, the Death star is 347 Euros on Amazon.it. For Austrlians, that works out at about $463 shipped (shipping cost was huge, I assume because of the size of the set).

In other news, the Death star is 347 Euros on Amazon.it. For Austrlians, that works out at about $463 shipped (shipping cost was huge, I assume because of the size of the set).

My wife is going to kill me -- nice spot though.

They have upped the shipping charge on it again, it used to be closer to 50 euros. They also have upped the freight on the Imperial Shuttle

My Super Star Destroyer shipped from Amazon.fr for 318 euros. Very happy :grin:

Edited by TheDarkness

Have they really increased it, or is it just that you only get the choice of express for the bigger sets?

Have they really increased it, or is it just that you only get the choice of express for the bigger sets?

No they increased it. Some stores only will give you that express option as it is trackable.

I think it might still work if you get them to purchase the items for you, though honestly haven't tried it for quite a while

Yeah they rejected my first order, I tried through the "buyforme" thing and they seem have have gone through without any issues.

Because of some positive feedback I've added a comparisons mode (see all regional prices at once) to brickbadger as well as an "AFOL" theme that groups a lot of the big sets people might be interested in together. It's not all in the menu yet but you can access it directly with: http://brickbadger.com/themes/afol?lan=es&c=1 I hope some people find it useful. Feel free to message me if there's anything else you want added.

Mindstorms is £172.90 at Amazon.uk

Less once you take off VAT, shipping is only £22 or so.

Cheers

greenpaw

Because of some positive feedback I've added a comparisons mode (see all regional prices at once) to brickbadger as well as an "AFOL" theme that groups a lot of the big sets people might be interested in together. It's not all in the menu yet but you can access it directly with: http://brickbadger.com/themes/afol?lan=es&c=1 I hope some people find it useful. Feel free to message me if there's anything else you want added.

One of the single most useful pages I've seen in a long time! Thanks.

amazon.it : town hall 160€, shipping expected in september. is this a good price, if i don't mind to wait till september? i'm not an expert but it seems good

amazon.it : town hall 160€, shipping expected in september. is this a good price, if i don't mind to wait till september? i'm not an expert but it seems good

It depends where you live and what your local RRP is.

I am fairly certain the price will drop from that 160 euros though

It depends where you live and what your local RRP is.

I am fairly certain the price will drop from that 160 euros though

i'm from italy..what do you think it could be the lower price it can reach? the bridge has dropped dramatically, but GE, FB and GG have always been fluctuating into a 20/30 € discount's range, not more..as i know..

i'm from italy..what do you think it could be the lower price it can reach? the bridge has dropped dramatically, but GE, FB and GG have always been fluctuating into a 20/30 € discount's range, not more..as i know..

The different Amazon sites (.fr,.it,.de,.es) that I use have had the Fire Brigade, Pet Shop and Grand Emporium all for 110-120 euros when I bought them. Just depends which one you choose, but I think the Town Hall will reach these levels in time. Prices are always high to begin with on those sites upon a new release, then they start decresing.

No they increased it. Some stores only will give you that express option as it is trackable.

Unfortunately seems to be across a few Amazon stores now. Amazon.es have upped their shipping fees :cry_sad:

looks like bn.com have 3 largest lotr - postage doesnt seem too bad

Yep, only $12 shipping. Add "T4T8J4A" in coupons for another 15% off.

Weathertop ends up at 52USD shipped with is pretty good.

I don't go in for LOTR but that seems like a decent buy. I'm just hoping they get in some Monster Fighters sets

Edited by DrWeevil