Siegfried

Buying LEGO from other countries on-line stores

No worries, I'v been keeping a very close eye on them waiting for it!

I picked up a few boxes of the Series 6 minifgs from Amazon.fr, loved them. I loved this series, as did my kids. And considering I put them in my 16 place Minifig storage case I got at 50% off at my local Toyworld (ours is closing down unfortunately)

Amazon.fr do have the Volkswagon up now (won't ship to Australia either :cry_sad:)and have Diagon Alley again

Boxes of Series 6 Minifigures are back in stock at Amazon France.

They are EUR 115 shipped express to Australia which is about $140 total

Is it me or is this the best series so far?

I think the Genie, Sleepyhead and the Roman Soldier are favourites.

Thanks for that - Please let us know if they change their mind about shipping to Oz!!!

I want to add it to my (in the mail) Imperial Shuttle :tongue:

I just ordered 3 pink tubs, at 13pounds each, from the hut (they also have an additional 10% off code for new Lego). As much as they are slow (so, so slow), I have never had anything canceled so far (but there is always a first time).

I also got my minifig series 6 box from Amazon France (along with a bunch more friends sets). Although with the postage costs, I have been terribly restrained.

I just ordered 3 pink tubs, at 13pounds each, from the hut (they also have an additional 10% off code for new Lego). As much as they are slow (so, so slow), I have never had anything canceled so far (but there is always a first time).

I also got my minifig series 6 box from Amazon France (along with a bunch more friends sets). Although with the postage costs, I have been terribly restrained.

I wish I was. I just ordered ten sets from Amazon France for 115 euros freight. But then again, there was 3 Grand Emporiums in there as well! And when you consider even with that freight it was about 50% our RRP in Australia!

I really need to stop buying Emporiums when I see them discounted. I have too many. But seeing how the other modulars jumped so quickly in price it is worth holding onto a spare or two IMO

I wish I was. I just ordered ten sets from Amazon France for 115 euros freight. But then again, there was 3 Grand Emporiums in there as well! And when you consider even with that freight it was about 50% our RRP in Australia!

I really need to stop buying Emporiums when I see them discounted. I have too many. But seeing how the other modulars jumped so quickly in price it is worth holding onto a spare or two IMO

wow 3 grand emporiums. I am amazed that you actually have so many modulars waiting to offload when the prices skyrocket. I don't have much cash to spare so post your acquisitions for all of us to admire! I will just do fine admiring pictures of other people's collections since I don't have a fat wallet. lol.

wow 3 grand emporiums. I am amazed that you actually have so many modulars waiting to offload when the prices skyrocket. I don't have much cash to spare so post your acquisitions for all of us to admire! I will just do fine admiring pictures of other people's collections since I don't have a fat wallet. lol.

I just buy when I see it discounted. My wife is rather cranky with the amount of Lego in the house, as they aren't small boxes, and there are alot of cupboards occupied with it :tongue:

Once the new Star Wars bettle packs have been out for a bit my attnetion will shift to building an Endor army, so Amazon will be out of bounds for awhile.... maybe

Diagon Alley is tempting me (again).

I have just ordered a bit from Amazon.it and also Barnes and Noble.

Diagon Alley would well and truly take me over $1000 for the last few weeks.

Does anyone know how thoroughly the government enforces the GST when you order over $1000 but in separate packages?

Are you safe if it's spread over a few different locations or do they really keep an eye on you?

Cheers

Inger

Diagon Alley is tempting me (again).

I have just ordered a bit from Amazon.it and also Barnes and Noble.

Diagon Alley would well and truly take me over $1000 for the last few weeks.

Does anyone know how thoroughly the government enforces the GST when you order over $1000 but in separate packages?

Are you safe if it's spread over a few different locations or do they really keep an eye on you?

Cheers

Inger

I had Diagon Alley in my cart but decided against it.

I have had some huge orders come in around the same time, touch wood, never an issue with customs or GST fees. I always thought it was $1000 on a single order anyway, spreading it out over a few weeks isn't an issue unless they all might arrive at the same time which may inspire a question or two. Amazon breaking up shipping and boxes not arriving through customs at the same time helps alot I think.

What did you order from Amazon and BN?

I ordered the Ninjago Ship and the Dino HQ from B&N with a 20% coupon.

Their shipping was hard to resist.

I also got two imperial shuttles and two medieval market village from Amazon.it, tried to save a bit on shipping.

Also series 6 minifigures...

Feels good confessing all this LOL!

I ordered the Ninjago Ship and the Dino HQ from B&N with a 20% coupon.

Their shipping was hard to resist.

I also got two imperial shuttles and two medieval market village from Amazon.it, tried to save a bit on shipping.

Also series 6 minifigures...

Feels good confessing all this LOL!

How'd you get the 20% off at BN to work? I was under the impression their coupons didn't work with Lego anymore?

I didn't order any shuttles. I was very good in that regard but may change my mind should they become available again!

How'd you get the 20% off at BN to work? I was under the impression their coupons didn't work with Lego anymore?

I didn't order any shuttles. I was very good in that regard but may change my mind should they become available again!

U7K4X3B or X3X8W7N (for VISA card users)

They only work on the really new sets.

Search for newest Lego and then scroll through till you find the ones in stock.

Hopefully it still works for you. :wink:

Edited by greenpaw

Rats! I just ordered three of the newer sets from B&N - didn't think any coupons worked on Lego :( Bummer!

Too late to cancel I suppose?

U7K4X3B or X3X8W7N (for VISA card users)

They only work on the really new sets.

Search for newest Lego and then scroll through till you find the ones in stock.

Hopefully it still works for you. :wink:

Well it works on the new X-wing, brings it right down to $43.16 before shipping.

Bad greenpaw, very very bad

Anyway, new sets on order :p

2 x Millenium Falcons

5 x Geonosian Cannons

1 x X-Wing

1 x Batwing

1 x Droid Escape

Well it works on the new X-wing, brings it right down to $43.16 before shipping.

Bad greenpaw, very very bad

Anyway, new sets on order :p

2 x Millenium Falcons

5 x Geonosian Cannons

1 x X-Wing

1 x Batwing

1 x Droid Escape

Please don't mention my name to your wife.

She is definitely not going to like this :blush:

Too late to cancel I suppose?

Yeah, they shipped in under 24h, shame! I'd ordered the xwing, batwing and superman sets. Doh! Win some, lose some!

Please don't mention my name to your wife.

She is definitely not going to like this :blush:

Lol She is still harrassing me what I am going to do with the 2 other boxes of Season 6 minifigs!

And when I'm going to get the rest of the parts for my UCS Falcon

And what I'm going to do with the ugly UCS General Grievous which she hates

And what I'm doing with my trays of minifigs

And fix my son's Bumblebee Kre-o

But, she has one of the Tower Bridge sets she wanted still unopened, that's my excuse anyway haha

6860 Batcave has just become available on bn.com for $US62.95 before shipping/discounts.

And I believe the previously mentioned coupon code U7K4X3B would work for 20% off. But, like me, if you've already redeemed that one, then A4L3E8W will be good for 15% off 'til the 20th.

6860 Batcave has just become available on bn.com for $US62.95 before shipping/discounts.

And I believe the previously mentioned coupon code U7K4X3B would work for 20% off. But, like me, if you've already redeemed that one, then A4L3E8W will be good for 15% off 'til the 20th.

It's either very obscure or they have removed it. Or the most likely scenario, I'm blind :p

It's either very obscure or they have removed it. Or the most likely scenario, I'm blind :p

Seems it has disappeared now - it wasn't up there for long at all. I got one on order, I hope it ships..

For those interested, the 10212 Imperial Shuttle UCS is at Amazon.it for 186.26

You get slugged a whopping 75 euros for freight, however, it still comes out at a final price of around the $280-290 Australian mark, which is still a significant savings on the RRP here

I have not yet checked shipping to the UK... But when I get home in 45 minutes... if it is reasonable, I will have you to blame for adding an imperial shuttle off my wishlist and onto my 'waiting to receive' list <.>

The gf is surely going to kill me =/

I have not yet checked shipping to the UK... But when I get home in 45 minutes... if it is reasonable, I will have you to blame for adding an imperial shuttle off my wishlist and onto my 'waiting to receive' list <.>

The gf is surely going to kill me =/

Well, not 186 euros for a long time now, at the moment 199,49 euros.

It seems to change a LOT, few days at a time.

Well, not 186 euros for a long time now, at the moment 199,49 euros.

It seems to change a LOT, few days at a time.

I dont understand it...

I go to checkout... it is still dead cheap... until the total gets calculated then its like it converts euros straight into UK £'s on a 1:1 exchange...

EUR 197.84

Shipping costs: EUR 13.20

Order Total: £ 211.04

??

Wheres the current 1.20 euros to the £1 like it is at the moment?

£211 isn't enough of a discount for me to justify throwing one of these beauties on my credit card atm... but if it converted properly, it would be...

Any ideas anyone?

*edit* ive just realised, it could be the translation of the page. It converts the word Euro into £ for the total... I just looked at it all italian style, and its now showing Euros...

Which would it be? :o

Edited by Fuppylodders

*edit* ive just realised, it could be the translation of the page. It converts the word Euro into £ for the total... I just looked at it all italian style, and its now showing Euros...

This is probably the reason. If you have a credit card in Pounds then the exchange rate will be decided by your company. I can't provide confirmation though, as I had two shipped here to the UK but I paid them with my italian credit card.

Anyway if you're unsure, don't translate the page.. If you don't understand italian you can ask me about the meaning. But every button/label is in the exact position of its UK equivalent.

This is probably the reason. If you have a credit card in Pounds then the exchange rate will be decided by your company. I can't provide confirmation though, as I had two shipped here to the UK but I paid them with my italian credit card.

Anyway if you're unsure, don't translate the page.. If you don't understand italian you can ask me about the meaning. But every button/label is in the exact position of its UK equivalent.

I just used the uk website to reference what the Italian one meant... My only concern is would I get charged £211 or euro 211. When page translates, it states £'s. when it isnt translated, it states euros.

Think I'll phone up my credit card bank and find out their exchange rate, then ill be happy =D

Ty for the offer, I may take you up on it at some point now people have pointed me towards cheap Italian Lego =D

*edit* yeah... So I'll be in big trouble if my gf finds out... I've ordered it to arrive at my mothers... I'll just get my mum to pretend its a present for something.... or something....

But still, it cost me £180 in total (inc p+p) which, is bloody good. £65 off retail price let alone the cost of what either lego's S@H would have been, or the cost in fuel to get to my nearest lego store (at least £20) so yeah. WELL worth it imo, TY Eurobricks members for bringing this happy burden to me =D

Edited by Fuppylodders

I just last week ordered from amazon.it and yes, the google chrome translation changes the "eur" to "£".

It says the items in eur, shipping cost in eur, and the total of those added up, in £ 1:1.

My visa shows that they took the amount added up, in euros not pounds.