I have started a new topic for this new awesome website: www.rebrickable.com

(maybe a moderator can send the conversation in Nathanael's topic over here)

@Technicmad How do you classify the rare parts?

I totally agree with Ted here.

Awesome site, soooo usefull, fill in the sets and you see what can be build. With pictures, indication on missing items, suggestions and whatnot

Great!

looks nice too :tongue:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

What a great website!

awesome for inspiration etc. Thanks for pointing out :thumbup:

Actually Blakbird pointed it out in Natanaels Supercar topic. The discussion got a little off topic, so I started a new one.

It's a great site! Love to see people working on projects like this!

Edited by Gekke Ted

It's a very nice site and could end up being really useful. There are a few issues with part rendering at the moment (particularly the slope pieces) and occasionally it suggests very odd sets. For example, suggesting a police motorcycle could be built out of the modular buildings because I'd only be missing the motorbike itself! It probably just needs some tweaking to work better with very small sets like that.

Similar to Peeron page. I entered all the parts to "loose" parts in Peeron (I do not have complete sets and I buy pieces at Bricklink) will be able to import the base of these bricks on Rebrickable? Your site is pretty, clear and above all, work on better servers, so I will move to Your site.

Similar to Peeron page. I entered all the parts to "loose" parts in Peeron (I do not have complete sets and I buy pieces at Bricklink) will be able to import the base of these bricks on Rebrickable? Your site is pretty, clear and above all, work on better servers, so I will move to Your site.

Exactly my idea!!

Very good Site!!

I like "Can I Built this Set?"

Realy good!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

This is exactly the reason that I use basebrick (www.basebrick.com). I entered all my sets and all the loose part I bought on Bricklink and e-bay. After that Basebrick can compare the parts list for any model with my own parts list.

Well, look for yourself.

Cheers,

Robert

Great site. But I'm a bit amazed that I don't have 100% for even building any of the last years tiny technic models. And that (ignoring colors) the first 7 official sets where all > 574 pieces (smallest being the 8264 Hauler)

(I entered the following, maybe have a few more minor sets)

8043-1 (2010) Motorized Excavator

8047-1 (2010) Compact Excavator

8049-1 (2010) Tractor with Log Loader

8069-1 (2011) Backhoe Loader

8071-1 (2011) Lift Truck

8110-1 (2011) Unimog U400

8258-1 (2009) Crane Truck

8274-1 (2007) Combine Harvester

8284-1 (2006) Tractor / Dune Buggy

8295-1 (2008) Telescopic Handler

Wow, didn't see this topic. Have been too busy finalising the user signon functionality (which is now live!) :grin:

Thanks everyone for the feedback! For those that haven't figured this site out, it allows you to find sets and mocs that you can build from your existing sets. I have had great support from several MOC builders that I have reached out to, and so far have included a number of MOCs from Nico71, Jurgen Krooshoop, Crowkillers and Sariel with lots more to come soon. All MOCs on the site have building instructions :classic:

I'll mention this once (don't want to sound spammy :wink: ), if you want to stay up to date with new features etc, you can subscribe to my facebook page, twitter or blog.

Edited by technicmad

Wow, didn't see this topic. Have been too busy finalising the user signon functionality (which is now live!) :grin:

Thanks everyone for the feedback! For those that haven't figured this site out, it allows you to find sets and mocs that you can build from your existing sets. I have had great support from several MOC builders that I have reached out to, and so far have included a number of MOCs from Nico71, Jurgen Krooshoop, Crowkillers and Sariel with lots more to come soon. All MOCs on the site have building instructions :classic:

I'll mention this once (don't want to sound spammy :wink: ), if you want to stay up to date with new features etc, you can subscribe to my facebook page, twitter or blog feed.

You don't sound spammy at all, so don't worry. I think a lot of AFOL appreciate having your Facebook and Twitter etc.

Also thanks to Nico71, Jurgen Krooshoop, Crowkillers and Sariel for providing the MOCs!! Great! pirate_thumbup.gif

It's nice to see that these MOC have a model number, like real Lego sets. I know it's just a sequence number, but at least we can talk about MOC-xxxx and everybody knows which MOC it is. Nice touch!

Thought it might be easier to answer all questions at once:

How do you classify the rare parts?

At the moment, that label is applied to any part which exists in 10 or less official LEGO sets. It doesn't consider number of parts or popularity on Bricklink (yet!)

There are a few issues with part rendering at the moment (particularly the slope pieces)

Yep, I've noticed that. It's a recent problem as it used to work fine. Not sure what I broke just yet :)

occasionally it suggests very odd sets. For example, suggesting a police motorcycle could be built out of the modular buildings because I'd only be missing the motorbike itself! It probably just needs some tweaking to work better with very small sets like that.

Yeah, I will be adding a filter on the search results so you can target particular themes/set types better.

Not yet, but I want to eventually users to add invididual parts. I actually didn't realise peeron had this functionality until well after I had started, but I like mine better anyway :) I've spent a lot of time on performance and so hopefully my poor little server can cope!

Great site. But I'm a bit amazed that I don't have 100% for even building any of the last years tiny technic models.

I know, so am I! I think LEGO do some checking before releasing a set to make sure noone can build it 100% :grin:

Great site. :thumbup: :thumbup:

will there be a function for us people to share our creations as well?

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Interesting but really not useful personally. I guess if you just trying build sets. I'd rather design my own creations. :sceptic:

Edited by Rook

Great site!

couple of things:

I imported my brickset csv file.. but it brought in all my 'wants' too... ie: sets I don't actually own

Might need to parse the csv, and ignore any records with QtyOwned=0, or Want=Yes

Also.. it would be nice if there was a quick 'picker' for my sets... so when I click one of the 6 boxes, I can easily pick sets from my list

Mostly, however, I'm happy to work the other way... by picking a set, and seeing quickly what parts I'm missing

and in that regard, it's not immediately obvious I can do that, as the http://rebrickable.com/pick_set page has 1. and 2. kinda inferring that you need to fill out both steps...

should make it clearer that it's an OR for both of those options

it was interesting to note, that I have so much technic, that I'm only missing 6 parts, to build the 8043 excavator! looks like a $10 bricklink order will be cheaper than paying $AUD300 for a new set! :)

Also.. what about having an option to export all the missing pieces to a file (maybe excluding the ones we've hidden), that we can import to Bricklink, for easy shopping?

really really great site... this makes life SO much easier, when wanting to build one of the great MOC's... or big lego sets that you never got around to buying (but have a large enough collection to probably build!)

Good work, fellow aussie! :)

RB

Not yet, but I want to eventually users to add invididual parts. I actually didn't realise peeron had this functionality until well after I had started, but I like mine better anyway :) I've spent a lot of time on performance and so hopefully my poor little server can cope!

I was thinking exactly this while going through all the different functions: 'This sure is fast' :thumbup:

I just finished creating a very simple version of your can I build in Excel, only took me few hours to input the set data from BrickLink and creae the tables, but still, had I known your site existed I wouldn't have put in the effort.

Keep up the excellent work, if there's anyhing I can do to assist you on this do let me know.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I imported my brickset csv file.. but it brought in all my 'wants' too... ie: sets I don't actually own

Might need to parse the csv, and ignore any records with QtyOwned=0, or Want=Yes

Ah, thanks. Will fix that.

Also.. it would be nice if there was a quick 'picker' for my sets... so when I click one of the 6 boxes, I can easily pick sets from my list

I was trying to come up with a nice way of doing this but settled on the checkbox to include them all. Hopefully I can do something like you suggest, later.

Mostly, however, I'm happy to work the other way... by picking a set, and seeing quickly what parts I'm missing

and in that regard, it's not immediately obvious I can do that, as the http://rebrickable.com/pick_set page has 1. and 2. kinda inferring that you need to fill out both steps...

should make it clearer that it's an OR for both of those options

OK thanks for the feedback. Once you stare at something long enough its hard to see it from fresh eyes :)

it was interesting to note, that I have so much technic, that I'm only missing 6 parts, to build the 8043 excavator! looks like a $10 bricklink order will be cheaper than paying $AUD300 for a new set! :)

You see some of my incentive for creating the site ;) Especially with the annoying Aussie delivery fees!

Also.. what about having an option to export all the missing pieces to a file (maybe excluding the ones we've hidden), that we can import to Bricklink, for easy shopping?

Already underway ;)

really really great site... this makes life SO much easier, when wanting to build one of the great MOC's... or big lego sets that you never got around to buying (but have a large enough collection to probably build!)

Good work, fellow aussie! :)

RB

I was thinking exactly this while going through all the different functions: 'This sure is fast' :thumbup:

I just finished creating a very simple version of your can I build in Excel, only took me few hours to input the set data from BrickLink and creae the tables, but still, had I known your site existed I wouldn't have put in the effort.

Keep up the excellent work, if there's anyhing I can do to assist you on this do let me know.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks

will there be a function for us people to share our creations as well?

For now I'm only adding MOCs that have instructions (pdf or photo sequences). If you have some, I'd be glad to take a look!

Fixed :)

Looks like a good site. I cannot upload my set list though, it only counts 158 sets.

:classic:

Looks like a good site. I cannot upload my set list though, it only counts 158 sets.

158 :oh: you hold the record so far :grin: it wont add sets that are not in the database, which I assume is the problem. But could you email me your file and I'll double check? support@rebrickable.com

158 :oh: you hold the record so far :grin: it wont add sets that are not in the database, which I assume is the problem. But could you email me your file and I'll double check? support@rebrickable.com

Thankyou so much! Is 158 too many? :blush: Don't tell Mrs Robuko there are a few more than that!

How are you adding new sets to the database? If this is a manual process, is there a way we could help you? I would be happy to make the part list for the sets I own and your database lacks.

Are you doing this only for fun, or is there a way this can earn you money? It seems you invested a lot of time in this. I really like it, thanks a lot!