Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

Nerwen greets Portia and buys

1 Fire bomb

she has 0 gold left, but feels more equipped for questing

(edited to remove overspend!)

Edited by Chromeknight

Fenimor Vish ambles up to Portia's Potion Shack. There he purchases two Potions of Healing to better prepare him for the road ahead.

Elgar entered the market again after buying the mockthril crossbow of ranger Droken (see hall) for 30 gold he was down to 69 gold. He then merged his new weapon with his topaz for 50 gold leaving him with 19 gold as he left again

Hybros had been practicing with his throwing weapons all afternoon. He had gotten better, but admittedly needed a little extra something to help him hit his mark.

Visiting Portia's once again, he purchased two more Smelling Salts at the cost of 40 gold.

The imp left the marketplace, confident that his strategy would help him win. He now held 81 gold.

De'kra walks into the marketplace, when the costs from quest 4 finally hit him hard. The eight heroes had been used to ignite a war between the Lion Knights and the Brobric Elves, which shifted the Shadeaux into a position of greater power. De'kra had expected a betrayal, but he hadn't expected war. Even now his mind was filled with visions of armored warriors, fighting in a massive battle over a city far more advanced than anything in Uland. So many died, and one betrayed his ideals to prolong his death. It was a terrible time, and even now visions of other wars struck De'kra like cold steel.

Regardless, the shade had to prepare. More quests would come, and perhaps chances for redemption. And so the shade bought a Topaz for 100 gold, and had it melded to his Pongcanis Dagger for 50 gold, leaving him with 68 gold.

Part one of his showing completed, De'kra purchased three potions and a Venom for 20 gold and a Pickaxe for 20 gold as well. Although he had only 28 gold left, the shade was ready for battle.

Benji walks over to the various stores and buys the following:

Mead = 10 gold

Smelling salts = 20 gold

Venom x2 = 5*2 = 10 gold

Potion x2 = 5*2 = 10 gold

Pickaxe = 20 gold

And also I would to upgrade my Pongcanis Crossbow which is at WP:5 to WP:8. :classic: = 210 gold

And I would also like to sell my bow for 15 gold.

270-210-10-20-10-10-20+15=5

EDIT: Fixed

Edited by Flare

And also I would like to Mythrilize my Pongcanis Crossbow. :classic: = 100 gold

Anwyl Smokebeard stops the overly eager ranger. "Hold it! I cannot mythrilize your weapon without a piece of mythril. Did you really think you could add 10 power to your weapon for just 100 gold?"

Anwyl Smokebeard stops the overly eager ranger. "Hold it! I cannot mythrilize your weapon without a piece of mythril. Did you really think you could add 10 power to your weapon for just 100 gold?"

"Sorry about that! Let me go fix my order."

"Also, mate, I got a special bargain for ya! How much would you give me for this cool Shadeaux crossbow?"

Edited by Flare

PORTIA'S POTION SHACK

Tonic – Restores 5 ether to the target. Costs 15 gold.

Grand Potion – Restores 25 health to the target. Costs 10 gold.

Phoenix Essence – Revives a fallen ally with full health during a battle. Costs 50 gold.

Smelling Salts - Causes the hastened-effect, allowing the target to act twice in one round for the duration of one battle. Costs 20 gold.

ELPHABA’S MAGIC WAGON

Scroll of Sleep – Enables casting the sleep-effect to the target, forcing it to miss its turn for three rounds or until woken up by an attack. Each casting costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics. Costs 50 gold.

Nimbus Broomstick – WP:5, long range, usable by mages and clerics. Costs 50 gold.

A weary mage enters the marketplace, ready to spend some gold after her first quest. She first walks to the potion stand and notices the wonderful sale on grand potions, she stocks up on them.

"I'll take six Grand Potions, one Pheonix Essence, one Tonic, two Smelling Salts please." She hands over the 170 gold and leaves.

Her purse much lighter, she continues on to the Magic Wagon and spends quite a few minutes looking over the offers there.

"Hmmmm. I want one of everything..", she checks her purse and sighs, "but I guess I'll only buy the Scroll of Sleep and Nimbus Broomstick for now." She hands over her last 100 gold and leaves happy with her new goodies.

Edited by darkdragon

"Also, mate, I got a special bargain for ya! How much would you give me for this cool Shadeaux crossbow?"

"Huh? What's so special about it? I can buy it off of you for the same price as I'd buy any weapon: half of its resale value. The bow can be sold for 40 gold, so I'll give 20 gold to you for it."

OoC: Seriously, the procedure of selling items is already explained in the first post, under the title of "How to sell".

I would like to buy a Ruby of Elphaba for 100 Gold, Leaving me with 185.

I then merge my Ponganoise Sword with the Ruby for 50 Gold, leaving me with 135

I then upgrade my Weapon from WP:5 to WP 7 (60+70 Gold). I

With my Sword, stronger than ever, and 5 gold in my pouch, I leave.

Having returned from a long quest, Xander was eager to resupply his inventory.

"Hello Portia, I'd like 1 Phoenix Essence please-- which costs 50g while selling back my Shadeaux Hammer (WP: 4) for +20g."

With a net spending sum of -30g, Xander was left with 240g in his possession. He settled down comfortably in a shaded area directly outside Heroica Hall, content with his progress so far. Although he still had two weapons at his disposal, Xander could never part with his Enigmatic Hammer which had special meaning to him.

After lots of thinking and mental arithmatic, Ad-Hoh wanders into the market with his bag full of gold to stock up on various useful good.

He stops off at Portia's Potion Shack first of all. There he buys 3 potions, 2 tonics a mead and two lightning bombs.

5 + 5 + 5 + 15 + 15 + 10 + 10 + 10 = 75

270 - 75 = 195 gold remaining

Next, he decides to visit Gnomeo's Toolshed where he picks up a shovel.

195 - 10 = 185 gold remaining

He visits Smokebeard's Smythy next where, after selling Anwyl his Shadeaux Staff, upgrades his Rhabdomance staff from WP:3 to WP:5.

185 + 20 = 205

40 + 50 = 90

205 - 90 = 115 gold remaining

Finally, Ad-Hoh stops off at the new Magic Wagon and purchases a ruby.

115 - 100 = 15 gold remaining

He returns to the Hall with his back full of new loot.

"Huh? What's so special about it? I can buy it off of you for the same price as I'd buy any weapon: half of its resale value. The bow can be sold for 40 gold, so I'll give 20 gold to you for it."

OoC: Seriously, the procedure of selling items is already explained in the first post, under the title of "How to sell".

OOC: I know, but I thought I might be able to get a better price for it...

OK then. Benji sells his Shadeaux crossbow for 20 gold.

5+20=25

Edited by Flare

Reaching the Market with 285 gold to his name, Thormanil approaches Elphaba, and purchases a Topaz. 285 - 100 = 185G

With the gemstone in hand, he next pays a visit to Anwyl, and lays his axes down on the counter, placing the Topaz alongside them. As he tells Anwyl what he would like done, the smith writes up a receipt:

50G WP 4->5

60G WP 5->6

50G Lightning Enchantment

-160G Total Cost

Thundering Shadeaux Axes (WP:6, Lightning)

Gold Remaining: 25G

Thormanil nods in agreement with the work order, and Anwyl gets to work. A while later he returns to the counter and passes the weapons back to Thormanil. He immediately notices that the blades have been cleaned and sharpened to a razor's edge. He reaches out to run his finger along one of the blades, but yanks his hand back as a jolt of electricity arcs from the axe to his finger. Anwyl grins, proud, as always, of his craftsmanship. Thormanil thanks him for the work done:

Yer a master of the trade, that's for sure. Now, I've got one last thing.

He places the Pongcanis Tongue and Chunk of the Lucky Table on the counter.

How much would ya charge me to make me somethin' useful outta these?

Anwyl looks at the strange items placed before him, then up to Thormanil, then back down at the items. He picks them up and chuckles, just before shoving the large splinter of wood straight into the tongue. Grin as wide as ever, he hands the new "weapon" back to the barbarian, saying:

Here ya go. I call it "Tongue on a Stick" and it's about as strong as you'd expect it to be--a weapon power of 1. And don't give me any lip (harhar) about the name. You're paying me to craft weapons, not write poetry. Actually, you're not even paying me for this one at all. Child coulda done that, so we'll say it's on the house. Now, need anything else today?

He hands the new weapon back to Thormanil.

Tongue on a Stick (WP:1, CoLT Effect)

Edited by swils

After seeing his name listed for the next quest, Tomas enters the marketplace to stock up on goods before he and the rest of the party head out on the quest.

First he buys 1 mead, 1 venom, and 1 smoke bomb for a total of 20 gold. Tomas now has 260 gold.

Tomas then heads off to the smithy and upgrades his Shadeaux Staff to WP: 6 for 60 gold. Tomas now has 200 gold

Finally, not wanting to miss Elphaba's visit, Tomas walks over to her wagon and buys a Topaz gem for 100 gold. Tomas now has 100 gold.

Chris sells his Shining Great sword for 20 Gold.

He then upgrades his Great sword to (WP7) for 70 Gold.

He also buys a light bomb for 10 Gold

He had spent a total of 60 Gold leaving him with 22 Gold In all.

Erdathcath suddenly realizes that she should upgrade her weapon before she sets sail for "Jolly Roger"

I shall upgrade my Longbow (WP: 3) to Longbow (WP:5) for 90 Gold

Now I am ready for this adventure!

Wise from his previous quest, Maurice went and bought 2 Nostrum from Portia's Potion Shack.

2 x 20 = 40

65 - 40 = 25

Well, Elphaba, I heard you are looking for crystal balls?

I happen to have one. You are offering 100 Gold for that, correct?

Well, here you go!

And thank you for the 100 Gold.

Hello again Gnomeo, I believe I shall purchase a Telescope for 40 Gold

I believe I shall be able to us it on my upcoming quest, thank you very much. :wink:

Edited by The_Customizer

Entering the marketplace Namyrra immediately identified the garish wagon of Elphaba and purposefully strode over to her to buy some gems.

"Good afternoon madam, I'd like to buy one Garnet and one Topaz"

And after handing Elphaba the 200 gold required for the gems Namyrra feels her purse being much, much lighter with only 95 gold left in it.

Arasmyth strolls into the Marketplace planning a trip to Anwyl's, but the new wagon in the Market caught his attention. He goes to Elphaba's Magic Wagon with 273 Gold in his coin purse. He leaves with 173 Gold and an extra Sapphire. He then moves on to his intended destination: Anwyl Smokebeard's Smithy. There, he politely requests of the blacksmith to upgrade his Crystalline Staff to WP: 4 (40 Gold) and imbue it with the Sapphire he just purchased. (50 Gold.) He then goes to browse the rest of the Market while Anwyl works, to see if he could spend his remaining 83 Gold.

He decides upon one of Elphaba's Scrolls of Sealing (50 Gold), and a Grand Tonic (30 Gold). He returns to Anwyl and hands over the 90 Gold he owed the smith in return for his Sapphire Staff (WP: 4, Wind elemental). Happy with his purchases, he returns to Heroica Hall with a mere 3 Gold, but a feeling of satisfaction and improved equipment to replace the 270 Gold he lost.

OOC: When Grogan gives tha party its reward, the stats list Arasmyth's Gold as 273. When I got my Water Bomb, it listed my Gold as 53. Since I had 53 gold before we got the reward, I'm assuming 273 Gold is the correct figure, but please correct me if I'm wrong, Masked Builder.

Althior comes into the Market with 518 gold in his pocket. It was time for some serious shopping! Althior starts at the Magic Wagon and buys Garnet, Opal, Aquamarine, and Emerald. (518-400=118) He then goes to Portia's and sells one of his Tonics for 7 gold. (118+7=125) He then goes to Gnomeo and sells his non working compass for 25 gold. (125+25=150) He then gets over to Anwyl's and sells Dragoro. (150+15=165) Though he and Dragoro had been through much, he was somewhat delighted to give it up. He then Unmerged his Dagger. (165-50=115) With a Diamond in his pocket, he sold his dagger for 25 gold. (115+25=140) He then bought a new (red) wand for 40 gold.(140-40=100) He then upgraded it to WP:5 for 50 gold. (100-50=50) Leaving 50 gold in his pocket for another day. With all the elements jingling in his pocket, he left. As he left, his Wand burned with a sizzling noise. He almost dropped it as he saw the words, Dragoro, etched into it's side. His old wand had not left him after all.

OOC: If there's anything wrong, don't hesitate to tell me. Althior did a lot of shopping! :laugh:

Edited by K-nut