Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

OOC: Thanks, Endgame. I don't have long, but I think I have time to update my Hero Stats before I'm offline again. FYI, Nagure owes Arthur 200 gold total, for the cost of the scrolls themselves as well as for the imbuing. :wink:

After concluding his deal with the Yeti Nagure, Arthur slots his Elixir into his Hollow Blade Dagger in place of his Potion.

I return to the marketplace, finally making up my mind on my desired goods:

-1 Amethyst (100 gold)

-1 Opal (100 Gold)

-Imbuing the Opal and Amethyst into my Mockthril Longbow (100 gold)

-5 Remedies (5x10=50 gold)

-5 Grand Potions (5x10=50 gold)

-4 Meads (4x15=60 gold)

-4 Smelling Salts (25x4=100 gold)

-2 Phoenix essences (50x2=100 gold)

-3 Nostrums (35x3=105 gold)

-Upgrade Longbow to WP: 22 (210+220=430 gold)

=1195 gold spent

EDIT:

-Sell the Opal back due to my incompetence (50 gold earned)

V916GDK.jpg Sorrow (Endgame)

Level 19.5 Assassin

Power: 39

Defense: 1

Health: 30/30

Gold: 1182

Equipment: Mockthril Longbow (WP: 22 Ice and Darkness Elemental), Sticky Gloves, Armor of the Croise

Inventory: Longsword (WP: 5), Bedroll, Tonic, Venom, Phoenix Essence x5, Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes), Ether Core x1, Mead x10, Smelling Salts x10, Nostrum x8, Health Core, Deadly Venom, Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians), Dragon Scales x2, Remedy x5, Grand Potion x5

Edited by Endgame

On his way back to the hall, Jeaux stopped for a moment in the Marketplace. He sold his spare bow to Anwyl for 20 Gold, and headed to the cart that had recently arrived in town. Looking at the myriad of gems, a Topaz caught his attention. He opened his briefcase and withdrew 100 gold, trading it for the fluorescent stone. Jeaux then looked back in his briefcase at the measly 8 gold remaining.

88 + 20 - 100 = 8 Gold

Heckz entered the Marketplace planning on buying a not-so-cheap wand but a wagon caught his attention. He saw the wares and their price tags and he gave Elphaba 75 gold and a murky pearl for the Amethyst, leaving him with 12 gold.

112 - 100 = 12

Nyx wanders into the Marketplace, refreshed from her time in the bath-house. The hustle and bustle of the city is comforting; the traders shouting their wares, customers trying to haggle their best and people just generally chatting and passing the time of day. Her eyes are wide as she looks at the wares on offer, holding her purse with her 201 gold away from pickpockets, and she is pleased to see Elphaba back once more. First stop, though, is Anwyl's.

"Hello" she smiles at the hard working dwarf "I'd like to sell this scrap metal, I believe the going rate is 25 gold? I have some weapons to sell too."

Nyx fishes out the Fishstick and her Dawnstar, rolling them over in her hands and remembering the damage she had wrought with them fondly. "I would like to sell this Fishstick, 35 gold I believe, I just don't have the delicate state of mind required. And here, I'd like to sell my oldest and most dear weapon, my Dawnstar II. I believe you'll give me 45 gold for it? Be careful, though, it may look pretty, but it's still razor sharp." A fleeting look of regret passes over her face, but Hel, she needed the money, and now she had (201+25+35+45 =) 306 gold pieces.

"Anwyl, I would like you to merge this spare Amethyst with my new staff. I'd also like you to upgrade it to WP14, please." Nyx hands over Zee's Standard, one of her two Amethysts and (50+140) 190 gold gaining an improved Standard and leaving her with 116 gold.

She bids goodbye to Anwyl and starts to take in more of the marketplace. What to do, what to do... There are so many things she'd love to buy, but her gold will only go so far. She browses Elphaba's wares, drawn naturally to the bright Ruby, but instead she picks up a Scroll of Sleep, handing over 50 gold as she does so. Sighing, she makes her way over to Portia's and buys three Meads for 45 gold, leaving her with 21 gold.

Start with 201 gold

Sell scrap metal (25), Fishstick (35), Dawnstar II (45) = 306

Merge Amethyst (-50), upgrade Standard (-140) = 116

Buy Scroll of Sleep (-50) and 3 Meads (-45) = 21

Needing a break from the loot negotiations in the hall Namyrra dropped by the marketplace to get rid of some old junk, so she went to Anwyl.

"Here mr dwarf, you can take this old bone staff, the shiny dagger and the snake staff. I guess that should add up to 125 gold" (15+50+60).

With a total of 146 gold in her purse Namyrra ventured back to the hall to see if anything new had come up regarding the loot.

Zoltan approaches Gnomeo and buys a bedroll for 5 gold. "Thank you sir." Zoltan says.

"Hurry up and get out of here, nyeh."

80-5=75 gold

Edited by LTPro

Cinna enters the marketplace and heads straight to Anwyl's. She hands the smith her broomstick, an amethyst, and 50 gold.

"Please merge this gem with this broomstick. I just can't be caught uneffective when I run out of ether."

"<Don't worry, you won't be hurt. I'll be back for you before you know it.>" She whispers to Mauryl before heading off to another shop.

Walking up to Elphaba's Wagon, Cinna excitedly eyes all the magic items. She's excited, this is the first time she has been able to visit the Wagon with enough gold to actually buy some items.

"I'd like an Aquamarine, Diamond, Scroll of Sealing and two Ether Cores please."

She sets 370 gold on the counter and collects her new items. Heading back to Anwyl's, she picks up Mauryl and makes not of what gold she has left for quest supplies. Not bothering to pick anything else up, she heads back to her room for a good night's rest.

Gold: 564 - 50 - 370 = 144

Hybros made his way from the Hall to the Marketplace with 3128 gold in his magic, weightless pouch. He was glad to get his mind off of the Pagoda at least for a while, and on the way back from the Ji Pei palace he had noticed that Elphaba was in town.

Stopping at her cart, Hybros requested many items. After falling several times in recent memory, he needed to raise his defenses. He bought:

1x Amethyst

1x Garnet

1x Opal

1x Ruby

1x Topaz

1x Scroll of Sleep

1x Scroll of Blindness

1x Scroll of Confusion

1x Scroll of Frailty

1x Scroll of Weakness

For a total of 950 gold.

Next, he headed to Fabian's. He browsed the wares a little bit, picking out a pair of Sticky Gloves for 500 gold. He also requested for the Aquamarine and Diamond to be taken out from the Paper Parasol. Now an ordinary umbrella, Hybros took the gems and left the Paper Parasol in a corner of the market stall. Finally, much to the annoyance of the hard-worked Fabian, Hybros asked for one of each gem and every Scroll to be imbued into his Golden Armor.

(1x Amethyst, Diamond, Ruby, Aquamarine, Topaz, Sapphire, Garnet, Emerald, and Opal; Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakness imbued for 50x14=700 gold).

Now immune to all elements and with an emptier coin pouch, Hybros left the Marketplace for the time being with 978 gold. He made a note to come back later for other items.

Tarn heads back to Fabian with a look of distaste on his face. "Mr Fabian, I will accept the offer of 42 gold for the Sand Worm Hide as previously given. Please note it can only be used by Barbarians, Rogues and Rangers."

Tarn heads to Fabian's and asks him if his previous offer for the Sand Worm Hide was still on the table. He had rushed off to a quest before getting a reply from the slightly creepy salesman.

Tarn heads to Fabian's and asks him if his previous offer for the Sand Worm Hide was still on the table. He had rushed off to a quest before getting a reply from the slightly creepy salesman.

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"Yes, Mr. Stud, I will take that filthy rag off you for 40 gold, as I previously offered. You look much better without it!"

Fabian glances at the Magic Wagon that was still parked next to his store, and thought that the greenskinned witch would probably be thrilled to wear the worm's hide. He snickered to himself as he thought of Elphaba walking around in rags. He was sure glad the witch had said she would depart in a couple of days.

Tarn decided not to quibble about the 2 gold that Fabian had mysteriously knocked off the sale price, and handed over the Sand Worm Hide, receiving 40 gold in return. In addition, he sold his Heavy Armour back to Fabian for 115 gold, which was half the price he had originally bought it for.

Tarn's gold= 169 + 40 + 115 = 324

He then went to Elphaba, and bought an Amethyst for 100 gold.

324 - 100 = 224

He then went to Anwyl and sold his Robust Shield (SP: 8) for 40 gold, his Shield (SP: 5) for 25 gold and his Wooden Spear (WP: 3) for 15 gold.

224 + 40 + 25 + 15 = 304

He then asked the smithie to merge the Amethyst into Lion's Heart and his Scroll of Weakness into his Darksteel Armour, knowing each merge would cost 50 gold.

304 - 50 - 50 = 204

Lastly, he stepped across to Portia and purchased 2 x Mead for 30 gold, 1 x Smelling Salts for 25 gold, 2 x Nostrum for 70 gold, 1 x Phoenix Essence for 50 gold and 2 x Grand Potion for 20 gold.

204 - 30 - 25 - 70 - 50 - 20 = 9 gold left

His business concluded, he left the Marketplace, scowling at Fabian for stiffing him on the 2 gold pieces which would have allowed him to buy another Grand Potion.

Tesni enters the marketplace. a good stack of items and a lot of plans in hand. First, she sells the Silver Ore(60), the Scrap Metal(25). This gives her 1270 gold.

Visiting Anwyl she takes out her Fiery Sawblade and a ruby. "Well met smithy. Could I have these merged? I wish to have increased fire-power as it were." 50 gold passes his palm. Soon enough the Firey Sawblade is imbued with a ruby. With 1220 gold in her purse, Tesni is far from finished. "Next, could I get my shield upgraded to SP:8, that will be 150 gold yes? Now left with 1070 and a SP:8 shield Tesni moves on from the smithy.

At Fabian's store she takes a browse. "Hmm, those boots look impressive. I think a pair of those are in order." With a winning smile she purchases Barbarian's Boots for 50 gold, leaving 1020 in her purse. "Though I will need to wait a little while to equip them I think!"

(Red is minus gold, green is plus. Yellow is totals and bolded black are purchases.)

Namyrra went back to the marketplace, first seeking out Anwyl. "Hey again mr Dwarf, I believe you'll give me 25 gold for this scrap metal, right?" Not bothering to wait for a reply she continued to Fabian's.

"Mr Fabian, what will you give me for this Sedge Hat? It gives the wearer +4 max ether."

Finding himself in the marketplace once again, Hybros strolled towards Anwyl's. He put his newly acquired guitars on the counter, and requested that they be stripped of their gems. "You can also keep them for whichever purpose you need them, for 35 gold each, eheh."

(Diamond removed from Starlight Guitar, Amethyst removed from Eclipse Guitar -100 gold, both guitars sold +70 gold).

"I have no further need for these, either." Hybros sold his two Throwing Knives (WP:8 and WP: 8), Ancient Throwing Dagger (WP:8), and three Shurkiens (WP:5, WP:5, and WP:5) for a total of (40+40+40+25+25+25=)195 gold.

Next, Hybros made his way to Portia's, from who he bought 6 Nostrums (35x6=210), 3 Phoenix Essences (3x50=150), and 3 Remedies (10x3=30) for a total of (210+150+30=) 390 gold.

Finally, Hybros stopped at Elphaba's, and knew that she would be leaving soon. A good investment, he thought, would be to purchase some of her wares and sell it at an inflated price to heroes who missed her. He purchased another Topaz, Sapphire, Ruby, and Garnet for 400 gold.

Hybros departed for the Hall once again, with a total of (978-100+70+195-390-400=) 353 gold.

Tarn decided not to quibble about the 2 gold that Fabian had mysteriously knocked off the sale price, and handed over the Sand Worm Hide, receiving 40 gold in return. In addition, he sold his Heavy Armour back to Fabian for 115 gold, which was half the price he had originally bought it for.

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"Always a pleasure", Fabian said with a wink as he took the rag from the raider, holding it as far away from his body as possible.

"Mr Fabian, what will you give me for this Sedge Hat? It gives the wearer +4 max ether."

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"What a find! I can give you 80 gold for it, m'lady."

On the way to his next quest, Haldor took a detour around to the marketplace. The nord arrived at Fabian's shop. In a rush, he planted the Paper Doll on the elf's counter and hastily made an offer.

"Fabian, I don't have much time, but how much would you offer me for this exquisite, lovely and fabulous item and all that? 40 gold pieces sound good to you?"

Too late!

Edited by Scorpiox

Skrall swung through the marketplace to pick up necessary supplies for the trip to the fields. Stopping at Portia's, the Ogre picked up 5 Meads for 75 Gold. At Elphaba's Wagon, he selected a Ruby and an Amethyst each for 100 Gold. As the ogre reached into his satchel his hand closed around the Grand Zoot's Cookie which transformed itself into 150 Gold. Swinging by Anwyl's smithy where Skrall had his Ruby and Topaz fused with His Hunter's Crossbow and the Amethyst with his Composite Bow all for 150 Gold.

Alexis makes her way to Anwyl's. And has him merge her Topaz, and Amethyst into the Steel Fan. (50*2=100 Gold) (231-100=131 Gold)

(OoC: let's just pretend this happened before Namyrra was selected to go to the Fields of Glory. :wink:)

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"What a find! I can give you 80 gold for it, m'lady."

"That sounds excellent, here, take it."

After having sold the Sedge Hat to Fabian Namyrra had 411 gold in her purse, with which she went first to Portia's to buy 4 Nostrums (4x35=140), 2 Smelling Salts (2x25=50), leaving Portia with 221 gold, with which she went to Elphaba and bought 3 Ether Cores (3x60=180), leaving Elphaba with 41 gold.

Amma arrives at Potia's Portion Shack and buys 2x Grand Tonics, 2x Potion and 1x Mead for 85 Gold, giving away her Murky Pearl. Then she goes to Fabian and buys a Leather Cap for 30 Gold and equips it. She leaves with 1 Gold.

OOC: This also happens before Benji leaves for Quest 67 :tongue:

Benji runs into the marketplace, needing to make some last minute purchases. He was already late.

First he sells his pointy hat to Fabian. 471+40=511 gold remaining

He then upgrades the Crossbow of the Pongcanis to WP:15. 511-140-150=221 gold remaining

He then walks around and buys some last essentials - 5 health cores, 3 smelling salts, 3 meads, and 1 mulled wine. 211-(20*5+25*3+15*3+55)=1 gold remaining

He runs out to his quest, having spent the last of his money.

Zoltan sells his useless Longsword (WP: 3) and Shield (SP: 2).

15+10=25 gold

Zoltan now has 40 gold.

Elphaba heard rumours that all the high and mighty were gathering to a Theater that night to celebrate the anniversary of the foundation of the city. As the witch packed her merchandise, she shook her head.

heroicanpc-elphaba.jpg

"Those fools, can't they see all the bad omens? This is not a night of celebration, for dark forces are on the move. The faster I get out of this city tonight, the better."

~Elphaba's Magic Wagon has left the Marketplace!~