Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

Early one morning, Fabian peeked out of his boutique to see a strange, tattered wagon parked in front of it. Flustered, he put on his pink robe and marched to the woman in a pointy-hat bustling in front of the wagon with a broomstick.

"Excuse me, Ma'am! Move this vehicle from this place immediately! It's disturbing my business!"

The woman turned around, and the flamboyant elf was taken aback by her green complexion.

"This is where I've parked for as long anyone can remember", the green-skinned woman said with her chilly voice. "I did not even hear a please."

The witch stared down at Fabian as if he was a speck of dust. Even in his finely woven silk robe, the elf felt himself as worthless as a fly on a turd.

"Uhm... P-p-please?" the elf stuttered.

"That's more like it", the witch said, and then tapped the side of her carriage. "Magic Wagon, move a couple yards to the right, will you?"

And sure enough, the horseless wagon obeyed. Fabian blinked, and returned inside. He took off his robe, crawled into his bed and closed his eyes. Maybe this was all just a bad dream...

~Elphaba's Magic Wagon has returned to the Marketplace, and will stay there until the end of November!~

Arthur stops into the Marketplace for the first time since his trip to Ennon, and strides directly to Elphaba's stall--this was not his first meeting with the enigmatic witch at all. He noted the book Fifty Shades of Bley with a somewhat morbid fascination, but the lightness of his coin purse restrained him from taking more than a cursory glance. He remembered Wren's words at the Eye of Ennoc, and wondered...

Shaking himself from his reverie, he passed over 100 Gold to Elphaba, taking a brightly-shining Diamond in return. He had parted with the last of his Gold, but he knew that fortune would favor him again soon. It had to. It was his destiny. His new gemstone in hand, Arthur leaves the Marketplace and returns to the Hall.

Guts first notes the new artifacts store, and buys the Pugilist's Gloves for 80 gold after some looking around. After some more browsing, Guts also bought the Spiked Collar for 30 gold. He then visits Elphaba, whom he bought a gemstone from a while ago, and buys one of Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Blindness and Scroll of Confusion, and also an Amethyst, for a total of 250 gold. The Raider goes back to Fabian's artifact store, and has the scrolls and the Gem merged with his Dancing Shoes. Guts was unsure how it worked exactly, but it did not take long before Fabian was done with the process, and Guts was another 200 gold poorer. Between Fabian's and Elphaba's store, Guts had spend 560 gold.

The next stop was Portia's, where Guts refilled his Potion supply, buy buying 4 meads (4x15 = 60), 5 Smelling Salts (5x25 = 125), 5 Nostrums (5x35 = 175) and 6 Grand Potions (6x10 = 60). He had spend 420 gold in total in Portia's Potion Shack. The raider made a quick stop at Gnomeo, who Guts was pretty sure dealt in stolen goods, where he bought a Magical Compass for 50 gold. He was not sure if and how it'd would work, but even if it was just a normal compass, it could still be useful.

The final place to go to was the Smithey. Guts laid out the Greatsword Fafnir and Lifestealer on the counter and explained what he wanted done. Anwyl got to work. First Anwyl removed the Amethyst and the Opal socketed in Fafnir for a total of a 100 gold. Next, the blacksmith merged the Amethyst with Lifestealer for 50 gold. Guts took the now emtpy sword, perhaps someone else could use it. Guts then had (3360 - (560+420+50+150 = 1180) = 2160 gold left), Guts ordered to upgrade Lifestealer to WP: 24 for 1950 gold(150+160+170+180+190+200+210+220+230+240 = 1950), leaving the rogue with 210 gold, and a whole lot of better equipment.

Edited by Scubacarrot

Sarge walks into the market place after an encounter with guts (Hasn't happened yet, still waiting for the reply.) And browses the stores. At Elphaba's magic store he buys an amethyst for 100 gold He re-enters the hall.

Heading to the marketplace with 1718 gold, Hybros noticed Elphaba's wagon had rolled into the city once again. Deciding it couldn't hurt to check out her wares, he stopped by. After some consideration, he bought 25 Health Cores and a diamond for a total of 600 gold. He could never wield the power of Light, but the stone looked nice among his horde of gold. The witch's eyes gleamed at the large purchase, and shoveled the money into a magic coin purse. The coins were in it, but it seemed to hold nothing and weigh very little.

"Eheh... you wouldn't happen to have any more of those?" Hybros asked. "I could use something to take the weight of gold off myself, hehe..."

"What, too much gold to even carry?" cackled Elphaba. "...but I suppose you are a little one. Fine, here, have one. The spell is simple enough for an experience spellcaster like me, heeheehee!"

With that, Hybros poured all of his remaining gold into the magical purse, where its weight seemed to disappear. When he needed for Portia's Potions, however, the money would materialize within the bag. "Clever..." he mused as he handed over 605 gold for 13 Nostrums, 10 Potions, 5 Grand Potions, and 5 Remedies.

Left with 513 gold, Hybros departed from the marketplace.

I wipe beads of sweat from my forehead after my intense training session. A peculiar wagon had appeared while I was off in Charis, and a torchlight still illuminated the horsless wagon's window. I walk up and see the green-skinned shopkeeper.

"My. Ever consider selling an arm?" said the shopkeeper. "It'd be worth at least 100 gold or so."

My gaze had shifted to a beautiful, glittering gemstone during her little remark. An Opal! Finally, maybe I can pay Helvetia a little respect...

"Pass on the amputation. One Opal, please. ...Oh, and can I finally get this ehter core off my hands? I had about a thousand fall on me once, eeerggh..."

"A thousand ether cores?" said the witch as she grabbed the gem. "Would've been worth quite a lot if you had just took some and ran. Either way, here you go. Oh, and I'll give you 30 gold for the core."

With that transaction complete and 70 gold down the drain, I woke up a sleeping Anwyl and had him infuse the gem into my fan. Another 50 gold lost. Finally, I took 2 nostrums,2 Smelling salts and Phoenix and left 170 gold on the counter. 70+50+179=280 gold spent. 540-280=260 gold left.

Edited by Endgame

"Hey Fabian, how much would you give me for this fabulous Horned Hat?"

"Hey Fabian, how much would you give me for this fabulous Horned Hat?"

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"Hmm, it is unlike anything else I have in stock... How about 30 gold for it?"

IC: De'kra stumbled into the marketplace, clutching his head. The weird sensation was dying down, but he could still hardly concentrate on anything. As he walked, he remembered he had received a Phoenix Essence from the final battle. But...but why didn't he remember that then.

"Things are changing."

De'kra leapt at the voice, glad that he could hear the presence once again. "Why I head hurt?" he asked, hoping for an answer.

Just keeping remembering.

De'kra nodded, though the reply seemed odd. Looking around, De'kra spotted a Magic Compass, an object said to lead you to the right path. With his mind feeling so strange, he needed all the help he could get. De'kra handed over 50 of his 78 gold, leaving him with 28 remaining.

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"Hmm, it is unlike anything else I have in stock... How about 30 gold for it?"

"A little low, sorry. Maybe next time."

With his newly acquired gold Dreyrugr goes over to the wagon that wasn't around last time he came. After a quick glance an Amethyst caught his gaze.

"How much for this dark gem?"

"100 gold."

Dreyrugr handed over 100 gold and continued around the marketplace.

Noticing the blunt edge on his sword Dreyrugr heads over to Anwyl's. After picking up a few weapons and swinging a couple Dreyrugr decided that a scythe seemed interesting and buys a Fauxthril Scythe for 50 gold. While there Dreyrugr sells his longsword (WP:3) for 15 gold.

Dreyrugr then heads over to Porita's and buys a potion for 5 gold.

Buying: 171-100-50-5=16

Seliing 16+15=31

Chris sells his Great Sword (WP:8) for 80 Gold, His Health Core for 10 gold, and his Tricorne for sixty gold, leaving him with a total of 205 Gold (55+80+10+60=205)

He then buys a Diamond for 100 gold from the witch Elphaba, he then walks over to the smithy and upgrades his shield from SP4 to SP 5 for 50 gold.

Finally he Merges his Graive with the Diamond for 50 Gold. He has the weapons new name The Sunspear carved into its shaft.

Chris walks back to the hall, with a new weapon and a nearly empty purse. (205-100-50-50=5)

Cinna strolls into the markplace for the first time in months. She looks over the goods at each stall, eyeballing a shield and considering spending half her gold on it. Sadly she sets it down and goes back to the potions, knowing those will be the most important thing for now.

"I'll take 3 Grand Tonics."

She hands Portia the 90 gold and heads off to meet with the rest of her party.

106-90=16 gold

Having heard she'd be going on a quest again already Namyrra quickly went to the market to stock up on various necessities.

First visiting Elphaba's wagon to sell her 3 bones for 15 gold, leaving her with 159 gold.

Then she went to Portia's stall to buy 3 Smelling salts, and 3 Remedies for a total of 105 gold, leaving her with 54 gold afterwards.

Tesni stopped off at Portia's Potion Shack and purchased four smelling salts for 100 gold, leaving her with 805 gold.

25x4=100

905-100=805

Tarn heads back to Fabian with a look of distaste on his face. "Mr Fabian, I will accept the offer of 42 gold for the Sand Worm Hide as previously given. Please note it can only be used by Barbarians, Rogues and Rangers."

Hoptet had caught up to Thothwick, finding him crouching by Fabian's store, in full sight of Elphaba's chariot. Hoptet filed in behind Thothwick, stooping low enough to remain incognito, but high enough to see above Thothwick. The two were inconspicuous to the Witch, but several shoppers seemed perturbed by the sight of two huddled Metasimians, likely confusing them with Metasimian Mafia members.

"My word! Hoptet, you were correct! Another Witch, here, in Eubric. Something must be done..."

And with that, the two Metasimians scurried off back to the Hall, Elphaba totally unaware they were there.

Mizuki walks to Portia's Potion Shack and buys 2 meads, 2 nostrums and 3 smelling salts for 175 gold leaving her with 3 gold left (178-30-75-70=3)

Edited by zakura

Nerwen steps up to Elphabs's wagon and purchases a scroll of sleep and a scroll of sealing. Handing over 100g Nerwen has 0g lef. She thanks Elphaba and returns to the hall.

I sell my Axe(WP8) to the short guy for 40 Gold.

Walking into Fabian's shop, I purchase the Heavy Armour for 230 gold(168 + 40 + 22(borrowed) = 230) Leaving me with 0 Gold.

Amma arrives at the Marketplace and rambles about the stores. She arrives at Portia's Potion Shack and looks at all the bottles. Especially the Mead, the Smelling Salts and the Nostrum are attracting her attention. Looking at the price tags, she realizes that she cannot afford any of them. "Well, I could buy another potion. I can afford bombs as well. Wonder what would be better.", she mumbles. "Let me see the other stalls first. I may come back later." she says to Portia, leaving her Potion Shack.

edit 20 November 2012 - 02:43 PM UTC

Amma went on and discovered Gnomeo's Toolshed. She found the bedroll very nice but was unsure if she would even need to sleep. She had been awake for several days sometimes during her stay in the forests. But that was after she had experimented with some herbals and other things...

She picks up a shovel and asks the Gnome: "What can I use this one for?"

"Welcome to my little store, master!", answers the gnome, ignoring that the dwarf had not bid him a "hello" or something. "You chose a very nice item there, as you can dig with the shovel to search for rare items that are hidden in the ground. It will pay off for you very soon.", he smiles.

Hmm, this could be a good catch, Amma considers on her own. But I will check the other stalls next. She drops the shovel on the table and leaves without a word. Gnomeo is left standing, shaking his head.

Edited by PsyKater