Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

You have to sell items for half their value, so Remedies can only be sold for 5 Gold.

"Woops" says Althior, giving back 5 gold.

When I become a rogue will I be able to create a good/bad reputation.

Like stealing from a shop or giving to the poor...

Cinna wanders through the marketplace, taking a look at all the wares available. She sees a great many items of interest but unfortunately has not the funds to purchase them all. The weapons stall does not interest her much, but she spends a lot of time going back and forth between the potions and tools before finally deciding on a purchase.

She approaches the Gnome's Tool Shed and smiles, for she really does enjoy his insulting puns.

"I'll take one of those shovels." , she tells the proprietor.

The Gnome hands her a shovel off the rack and she hands him her 10 gold pieces.

"Thank you much." , she says to the him as she puts the shovel away and heads off to the Inn for some rest.

A shadowed figure approaches the toolshed and points in the direction of a bedroll.

GNOMEO: Ye want a bedroll?

En Sabah Nur nods.

GNOMEO: That'll be 5 gol-. Now where did he go?

The dark man had disappeared along with the bedroll leaving five gold pieces behind...

After a delicious meal in Heroica Hall, Hoke checks his supplies. Seeing he may be short an item or two, he counts his gold pieces and ventures into the Marketplace. Trying not to get lost in the sights, sounds and smells of the Marketplace, Hoke finds himself in front of Gnomeo's Toolshed. Hoke has found what he was looking for...

"Fair day to you sir"

"Nyeh! Hrmmph, eh, well, fair day to you as well," replies Gnomeo as he twitches his nose over his bristly beard.

"A bedroll if you please. I shall surely require one on my quests."

"Well, nyeh nyeh, that's why I carry them. Five gold pieces should set us square," says Gnomeo as he jabs out his stubby little hand with five wiggling chubby fingers.

Hoke reaches into his pouch and produces five shining gold coins. Gnomeo eyes twinkle just a bit at the sight of the coins and then a smile spreads under his bristly beard when he feels the cool metal resting on his eager palm. Gnomeo quickly closes his pudgy hand around the coins and pulls a patchwork bedroll out of his inventory.

"Thank you sir. May the sun shine on you."

"Eh, er, nyeh, you as well."

Gnomeo turns with hop and happily adds his five new shiny gold pieces to his hefty purse. Hoke slips off his pack and neatly rolls up his bedroll. The bedroll is soft and well made. It will serve him well on many adventures. He securely ties the patchwork bedroll to the top of his pack. Hoke slips his pack on and returns to Heroica Hall, waiting for his adventures to begin...

Hoke spends five gold on a bedroll. His pouch now contains five gold coins.

Edited by UsernameMDM

In preparation for the Quest he is about to go on, Tomas decides to shop for a bit more equipment. After browsing Gnomeo's inventory, he chooses a bedroll for 5 gold. Tomas now has 5 gold left.

Althior gives 5 gold for a bedroll.

Excuse me, but as I already pointed out (which nobody seemed to notice), you don't actually do have the five gold to buy a bedroll, as you got them by selling a remedy you didn't have.

Good Portia, one of your finest Tonics please! Preferably with some gin on the side :snicker:

Rufindel has 27 gold, parts with 15 for the Tonic, and therefore is left with 12.

Hi Portia! :grin:

I'd like to buy a Tonic please, I have 32 Gold, so that should leave me with 17 Gold, right? :grin:

See ya!

Nyx skips off and bumps into Rufindel, to whom she starts chattering ten-to-the-dozen about all the nasty baddies they slaughtered mercilessly together in Draida Bay not that long ago, while they amble back to Heroica hall to start their respective quests.

In preparation for his quest, and remembering that Signor, the group ranger, had traded away his Smoke bomb, Sylph stopped by Portia's and purchased 1 Smoke bomb for 5 coins.

After some thought, Rufindel reenters the marketplace, and stoops down to speak to Gnomeo.

'A bedroll, if you please, dear Gnomeo,' he whispers, and hands over the requisite 5 gold. He then retreats, stowing his bedroll and his remaining 7 gold.

Althior walked over to Mr. Gnomeo and sold him his shovel for 5 gold, which he then used to buy a bedroll.

"Is this fine? Or is my logic wrong?"

Althior walked over to Mr. Gnomeo and sold him his shovel for 5 gold, which he then used to buy a bedroll.

"Is this fine? Or is my logic wrong?"

It's fine, although now you've managed to lose 5 gold through selling and buying.

Benji Carvenhall walked to Gnomeo's Toolshed and purchased 1 bedroll for 5 gold. 10 - 5 = 5 gold left.

Benji exclaims "A penny saved is a penny earned! Although if I die that penny saved won't do me much good..."

Gnomeo shrugs with indifference and moves on to his next customer.

as Alf walked into EUBRIC MARKETPLACE, he noticed Gnomeo's shop. "hi there newcomer! you'd like a bedroll?" Gnomeo said. "sure, Bedroll nice, I buy one" Alf said. Alf exchanged 5 gold coins for the bedroll.

Exchange:

Price: 5

money: 10

current: 10-5=5

gold: 5

Grush walks around the marketplace, perusing the wares of the merchant stalls. When he notices Gnomeo's shed, he walks up to the proprietor.

"You sell adventurer's gear, do you not? What do you have to make a barbarian's stay in the wilderness more comfortable?"

"I offer these fine bedrolls, although staying within the city walls would be more comfortable by far. And safer too, mind you. Nyehehe..."

"I'll take one of these bedrolls glady, but keep the ill advice to yourself. Grush the barbarian fears neither monsters nor the inhospitality of untamed wilds. I have 10 gold coins. Your bedrolls cost 5 gold coin, that should leave me with 5 gold coins. Until next, little man."

"Nyeh, I was just sayin'..."

~Announcement: Portia's Potion Shack now stocks Water Bombs. Check out all the pretty new pictures as well!~

Haldor walks into the market and nods cheerfully at the other heros, he approaches Gnomeo's toolshed and picks up and fur-lined bedroll.

"That'll be five gold then, nyeh"

Haldor passes 5 Gold to Gnomeo and leaves with the Bedroll.

In case anyone misses this in the Hall, I am selling a Fang Dagger (WP: 4), suitable for Mages and Rogues, for which I am asking 30 Gold. That's 10 Gold less than you would pay to upgrade your weapon from WP 3 to WP 4. Anyone interested?

Tomas walks up to Portia's shop. "Hello, would it possible for me to sell this Bone for 5 gold here?" he asks.

Jess walks up to the Smithy.

"Hello there, Anwyl. I'd like to sell this Bone Dagger for 20 gold. It's nice and strong, but I just can't let go of Blohdhurm."

Jess Sold the Bone Dagger for 20 gold.

"Now, could you upgrade Blohdhurm for me? I'd like it to go up to WP:5."

Jess handed over 90 gold to get the job done.

After a considerable waiting period for Anwyl to do his smithing thing, Jess received Blohdhurm. Jess hefted the sword, admiring the beauty of Anwyl's craftsmanship.

"Thank you Anwyl, you've done a fine job!" Jess exclaimed excitedly.

Sheathing Blohdurm, Jess raced back to Heroica.