BaronSat

[MOC] "Micro Collection" Death Star World 1 & 2

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello,

For the ones who missed my two other posts, this custom model is made with these two ones :

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=57790

and

http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=58468

It's a tribute to the Kenner Micro Collection toys line from the early 80's. For references to the original toys see the links on others posts.

So here are the last pics for this work where the models are placed together, this time I edited the background to make the pics look as they appeared in old catalogs :wink:

See here for an example : Catalog entry

Note to the mod : I know my pics are a bit larger than authorised but I think they are easy to "read" at this size as the model is big. If it's a problem, please tell me.

DeathStar-World-01.jpg

DeathStar-World-02.jpg

They look great together BaronSat. I love the way you chose only the official figs from the sets as well. (Except Jar Jar :laugh:).

I don't know if it intentional or not but the effect on the far left of the orange image looks sketch like, I like it :thumbup:.

They look great together BaronSat. I love the way you chose only the official figs from the sets as well. (Except Jar Jar :laugh:).

I don't know if it intentional or not but the effect on the far left of the orange image looks sketch like, I like it :thumbup:.

Thanks. In fact I added a few more figures, than there should be. Jar Jar replaces the Dianoga as it was on holidays in Scotland (poor joke).

And yes I completely forgot I applied that layer with drawing effect, congrats "eagle eye".

These look great together, BaronSat! :wub: It isn't often that I want to own a playset, but I'd definitely love to own something like this. Brings back memories of running around making laser noises. :grin:

These look great together, BaronSat! :wub: It isn't often that I want to own a playset, but I'd definitely love to own something like this. Brings back memories of running around making laser noises. :grin:

Pew, pew :laugh:

Thanks and pleased to have entertained you. :classic:

DUDE! YES! Once again, I commend you on using a seldom-seen or remembered toy theme from when I was a kid (yeas, I'm that old). Seeing all of this together just makes me drool... :wub_drool:

Wow Baron, this is great! All of it looks very "Death Starish" and I really like the way you've built this. :thumbup: Keep it up!

Jaw dropped.....breathe again.....like TOTALLY AWESOME 'BaronSat', congrats on being Front Paged. :excited:

Excellent work, even as good as dare I say one 'ACPin' ! :grin:

May the Eurobrick be with you always 'BaronSat' ! :grin:

Once again, these two creations of yours look stunning together - incredible work BaronSat!

Such a breathe-taking playset - made me sit down and play with some of my SW sets - what a great feeling.

Brings back memories of running around making laser noises. :grin:

What, you don't do that anymore? :grin:

Once again, I commend you on using a seldom-seen or remembered toy theme from when I was a kid (yeas, I'm that old).

I can remember playing with some of these, didn't own any myself but a friend did. Fun times.

It was about time this creation made it to the frontpage. :thumbup:

Absolutely agree :thumbup:

What, you don't do that anymore? :grin:

:look: Depends on whether my MOC is about to fall apart if I swoosh it.

:look: Depends on whether my MOC is about to fall apart if I swoosh it.

:laugh: Great answer!

But it got me thinking about stability in playsets, and if I remember correctly the Kenner sets (& the micro sets) were pertty much indestructable (a lot less prone to falling apart 'under duress' than LEGO at least).

I followed your link BaronSat, and was pretty impressed. Not having seen any of your instructions, I do think from just looking at your builds that your Sets/MOC's have a sturdy look. This is a reason I also find this MOC so appealing - it just looks like it will be able to handle quite a bit of play.

Out of curiosity - how much of an issue is this for you when designing your sets?

Wow amazing work, i`d love to do some photo scences with that set!

Thanks. Yes that was a real pleasure to shot these models separately and of course together :classic:

It was about time this creation made it to the frontpage. :thumbup:

Thanks. I absolutely agree... :laugh:

BTW thanks KimT

A bit of a late comment, but this deserves it! :thumbup:

It's a very unique style of building, which I think works really well.

Something about it just seems... right. :classic:

Wow! Nice job! My uncle actually has this, I played with it as a little kid. It's spot on to the real thing. The details are perfect. Is it seperable like the actual playset? I mean, each part was removable on the toy, so does that follow here? Anyway, good work! :thumbup:

I think I remember these sets from when I was younger. Didn't the trash compacter have a ton of orange foam in it?

I think I had three of these that were Cloud City, actually. I'm pretty sure I broke the "Luke flies out the window" launcher and my mom chucked 'em, though. I could be thinking of something else.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is: These are fantastic!