Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Baritones 3: Day Two

Dammit! Alright, maybe this is how the mafia kills people. Although, to be honest, this is a rather odd way of killing for them. Usually they'd do something akin to how Eugene was killed. If it's not the mafia, then perhaps we do have a serial killer. Or maybe it was for inactivity. But God would probably point it out if it was that.

Eugene never contacted me privately at any time. I assume his suspicion was entirely based on my questioning his drug habit.

Likely. Now knowing that he was Town, he could've thought that you were jumping on the smallest things (roleplaying), pushing suspiciously hard for a lynch of who he knew was Town.

I don't see any other possible scenario, do you?

I don't think it's possible Eugene had 'evidence' against anyone and that his suspicions were indeed driven by the accusations against him. Rather, there could have beeb something in Eugene's role he played in this town that made him contact Timur. Honestly, I can fully understand Timur's caution in giving Eugene information on the first day.

But from what he apparently told Petr, I conclude that Eugene knew 'something' that he wouldn't share with Timur or anyone else contacting him. I do wonder why he contacted Petr about it though. It could be nothing important now that Eugene is dead or it could be something that if shared publicly would only help the scum...

With a relatively quiet night, it's not a huge surprise that overdue terror has struck. This is not good; a third townie down and not a clear scum in sight.

We're running out of new things to discuss, so I think it's time to turn towards the vote. As I've previously said, I don't think Nika and Petr are scum, so that leaves Barbara as an option. "Flying under the radar" isn't a strong reason to lynch this early in the game, but it might be the best lead we've got. She seems to be very unhelpful and reluctant to vote, even when it's clear it's the town's best defense.

If no one brings forward any other accusations or theories today, that's where my vote is going.

Not specially, no. However Eugene appeared to know something about you, something that god himself told him, and only Petr seems to know the full story. It may be important, or completely irrelevant. But Eugene won't be coming back to tell us.

I have shared with you the full story. I do not stand behind Eugene's suspicions, but he asked me to share them once he was dead, so I did. I do not believe he had any information on either of them. I think he just thought they looked like scum and so wanted to alert the town to his thoughts in the case he died.

I honestly have no idea who to vote for, and am feeling a little sick, so do not know if I will be able to revisit the town before the day is out. I will proxy my vote to Samuel and take it back if I am able to visit the town again before the day is up. Proxy: Sameul (Sandy)

I honestly have no idea who to vote for, and am feeling a little sick, so do not know if I will be able to revisit the town before the day is out. I will proxy my vote to Samuel and take it back if I am able to visit the town again before the day is up. Proxy: Sameul (Sandy)

Yeah, let's all proxy the guy whose vote's been hijacked. :facepalm: At least wait to see if his vote counts or not.

If his vote doesn't count, that doesn't mean that mine won't. I also don't feel there's any evidence helping anyone else prove town, whereas a vote hijack seems like something that would happen to town.

If his vote doesn't count, that doesn't mean that mine won't. I also don't feel there's any evidence helping anyone else prove town, whereas a vote hijack seems like something that would happen to town.

But what if his vote is hijacked? Then one scum will control three votes.

I might be wrong on how this whole proxying thing works, then. And yes, I'm sure the scum wouldn't hijack one of their own's votes.

Yes but if you're the one stealing his vote and having the double vote, it might appear that his vote counted today when it didn't. That's if the hijacking only takes his own vote and allows him to use proxy votes. If the hijacking works to steal proxy votes, who know what would happen if the thief proxies to the victim. Or maybe I'm just confused.

Well there's no way for us to find out until it happens, is there? Like I said, I'm not sure I'll be back to discuss, but hopefully I will.

I don't want to be echoing Polina here, but you're seriously going to proxy your vote to the very person who's vote has been hijacked? You're looking scummier by the minute.

I might be wrong on how this whole proxying thing works, then. And yes, I'm sure the scum wouldn't hijack one of their own's votes.

Actually, why wouldn't they? It would be the perfect way to try to make one of their members appear as town. Let's say there's five scum, and assuming none of them are doublevoters, then they are in control of five votes. If Samuel is one of those scum, then the scum hijacker could easily hijack his vote to make him seem more town, and they would still be in control of five votes plus anyone who proxies him (Petr).

Actually, why wouldn't they? It would be the perfect way to try to make one of their members appear as town. Let's say there's five scum, and assuming none of them are doublevoters, then they are in control of five votes. If Samuel is one of those scum, then the scum hijacker could easily hijack his vote to make him seem more town, and they would still be in control of five votes plus anyone who proxies him (Petr).

Hmm. That's a good possibility. But Samuel's been looking like Town so far, so I don't think that's what they're doing.

And Petr, we WILL know once the votes are tallied. You have just been all over the place these past 2 days. Unless we get something else, Vote: Petr/Zepher. Handing your vote to a scum (that is, the hijacker) is just ridiculous. And saying 'Well there's no way for us to find out until it happens, is there?' is not how we should be trying to find the scum. We can't just let the scum decide who to vote and then say 'Hey, now we know.'

Hmm. That's a good possibility. But Samuel's been looking like Town so far, so I don't think that's what they're doing.

He could always just be doing a very good job of looking like Town. That's the general goal of any scum in the Day.

He could always just be doing a very good job of looking like Town. That's the general goal of any scum in the Day.

If she is, then she's doing a damn good job of it. But Petr's just been...weird.

You have just been all over the place these past 2 days. Unless we get something else, Vote: Petr/Zepher. Handing your vote to a scum (that is, the hijacker) is just ridiculous. And saying 'Well there's no way for us to find out until it happens, is there?' is not how we should be trying to find the scum. We can't just let the scum decide who to vote and then say 'Hey, now we know.'

I actually think that's not a bad idea. If the vote hijacker now controls three votes, then we'll know when he/she is when he/she places his/her vote. Although God seems to be making less vote tallies this game... of life, so there's always the possibility that the vote-hijacker would go unnoticed.

If she is, then she's doing a damn good job of it. But Petr's just been...weird.

If the scum weren't good at looking like townies, then we would've gotten a scum yesterday. :hmpf:

Although God seems to be making less vote tallies this game... of life,

I think the presence of the hijacker is the whole reason why god is doing this. To post tallies often would make it too easy to find the hijacker.

If the scum weren't good at looking like townies, then we would've gotten a scum yesterday. :hmpf:

While this may be true, we still should convict the ones who seem most scummy. Or should we spare everyone who's scummy, as scum certainly wouldn't act scummy, but instead lynch the ones who look most like townies? :wacko:

Thinking like that gives me headaches. :hmpf_bad:

But I agree that we shouldn't try find out how the vote hijacking works the hard way, it might cost us a day and a valuable townie.

If Samuel is one of those scum, then the scum hijacker could easily hijack his vote to make him seem more town, and they would still be in control of five votes plus anyone who proxies him (Petr).

I do not like the direction this discussion is going. First of all, I am not Mafia, and secondly, that kind of a plot sounds way too elaborate to even be true. You all saw what happened yesterday: I voted normally like everyone else, and for some reason my vote was not counted. Do you really think I faked that? Hell, the whole hijack is just a theory anyway, I have no idea if I'm actually just a voteless townie or something else even.

I know you're just discussing possibilities here, but I've been nothing but open with you on my disability. Please don't turn it against me.

And please, Big Voice, wouldn't you post the Vote Tally to let me out of this suffering of not knowing?! :cry_sad:

I think the presence of the hijacker is the whole reason why god is doing this. To post tallies often would make it too easy to find the hijacker.

Unfortunately, that's most likely the case.

While this may be true, we still should convict the ones who seem most scummy. Or should we spare everyone who's scummy, as scum certainly wouldn't act scummy, but instead lynch the ones who look most like townies? :wacko:

No, we should definitely keep an eye on those who act scummy, but we should also keep our eye on those who appear as super helpful townies, but aren't being very helpful at all.

I do not like the direction this discussion is going. First of all, I am not Mafia, and secondly, that kind of a plot sounds way too elaborate to even be true. You all saw what happened yesterday: I voted normally like everyone else, and for some reason my vote was not counted. Do you really think I faked that?

There's no reason why you couldn't have. However, I'm not accusing you of being scum, I'm just explaining that there could be more to this game... of life... than meets the eye.

And please, Big Voice, wouldn't you post the Vote Tally to let me out of this suffering of not knowing?! :cry_sad:

Yes, I second this; show us the vote tally, God!

*huh* But, it's so early? Can't you count the votes yourself? :tongue:

00_npc_ivan.jpg

"Huh?" Ivan says, "Vote Tally? Do not bother voice in sky for vote count. Do not bother my accountants either. I pay my cousins who own accounting firm in next town over. They own accounting firm of Countem and Billum. They quantify votes for me twice a day, no charge. Any extra tallying they charge me...and their rates are astronomical. You don't worry about votes. Ivan is having this under control. Ivan is? Why do I refer to self in third person?? Only douchebags are doing this... :sceptic: "

Oh Samuel, I'm sorry for your loss, I couldn't bear the idea of losing my lovely Falicia, so I feel real bad for you. :cry_sad:

I'm still surprised, though. Not that someone was poisoned, it did seem that last night was a quiet night, but once again I am surprised at the target. Sarah was a sweet old dear that wouldn't say boo to a goose. In fact she hardly spoke to us at all yesterday, and could easily have come under suspicion for her lack of input, so I'm surprised that scum would choose her as a target. I do, however think it's probable that the poisoning is a scum kill, however we should not rule out the possibility it was actually the actions of a vigilante in our midst.

I'm also surprised that in such a large group only two people have fallen victims to killers - I still believe it is entirely possible that there are two scum factions, as agent Sky alluded to and as was pointed out by Ruslana. So assuming two scum factions and a vigilante (plus a possible serial killer), we're still missing some bits of info here. We should still be considering what others were doing - were they blocked? Were their victims protected? Did they just take the night off...?

And while we're considering other possibilities, we should look again to the voting. We seem to have decided that Samuel's vote has been stolen by scum; we've taken that idea and run with it, but is it right? Could it not be that Samuel is voteless, and that someone else has a double vote? Everyone expects that Samuel should know if he has no vote, as that is how things have been in earlier situations such as these, but we have a fickle and imaginative God - is it such a leap of thought that Samuel is just as God made him? I have heard tell in other stories of double-voting-bullet-proof-cops - I doubt very much that God would create such a being, but the concept is certainly not unheard of.

I fear we are being led down a blind alley in our thoughts and we are failing to actually consider all the possibilities that we could from the information presented to us.

I doubt very much we will receive any vote tallies today now that Samuel has voted - but that does not still mean he has been hijacked - and I too am uncomfortable with the idea of proxying to a man who could not vote yesterday as the possibility remains that it may happen again today and if there is indeed a vote stealer we would be playing into their hands.

*huh*But, it's so early? Can't you count the votes yourself? :tongue:

We can, I'd just like to make sure that Samuel's vote counts today.

We can, I'd just like to make sure that Samuel's vote counts today.

Oh, now I get it. I didn't understand why you were asking. I see now.

In that case, no.