Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest Masters' Lounge

It's not necessarily in the rules that you must have a diverse party, it's up to the individual QM if they want to craft a quest that is class specific. So theoretically a quest involving only knights and clerics is allowable. I believe the Paladin is actually an advanced class that will be available once a knight or cleric reaches level 15, we shall have to wait and see though:moar:

I don't know if this has already been proposed or is being considered or is in the rules. :hmpf_bad: It was just an idea. :wink:

Yes, this is already possible, and has happened in several quests. The Quest Masters' Guide in the first post of this topic already mentions this in the bit about quest requirements.

My previous quest also prohibited rogues from participating into it.

Yes, this is already possible, and has happened in several quests. The Quest Masters' Guide in the first post of this topic already mentions this in the bit about quest requirements.

My previous quest also prohibited rogues from participating into it.

I seriously suck at reading stuff. :hmpf_bad:

Since there are no new quests available in the Hall, can I host a quest? :grin:

Edited by volcanicpanik

I seriously suck at reading stuff. :hmpf_bad:

Since there are no new quests available in the Hall, can I host a quest? :grin:

You answered your own question in the first sentence. :hmpf:

I have a few ideas for a quest of my own. While sorting everything out I'll probably have it ready by the time most of us are done with our current quests. :wink:

I have a Halloween quest, but I still have not been chosen. I can make it late, but I don't want to start it like 2 months late. could someone please pick me for a quest? :cry_sad:

I have a Halloween quest, but I still have not been chosen. I can make it late, but I don't want to start it like 2 months late. could someone please pick me for a quest? :cry_sad:

Okay I'll set up another quest for Halloween. Let me talk to Sandy. :sweet:

I've got a couple Quest ideas I might want to host once Arasmyth completes a Quest or two.

What do you guys think of a game mechanic involving vehicles/siege engines? I was thinking you could get something like a ballista or a battering ram or a trebuchet or something, which would basically be like a super-powerful Weapon(Like, WP 10+), and a special that would activate if you rolled shield. But it would have an HP number (like 10), and if you rolled Damage or Special Damage, it would take the hit instead of you. If it runs out of HP, the weapon is destroyed. You couldn't heal it with a Cleric or a potion, but at Repair shops you could fix it for 10 gold for 1 point of HP.

(i.e. Hero A(Level 2) is on a Quest. He finds Ballista: WP 11, Special - Tripleshot(The ballista fires 3 times to do damage to 3 foes.)Hp: 10. He gets into a fight. He rolls Damage and the ballista takes 5 damage. He then rolls hit and the foe takes 13 damage. The foe is defeated. When the Questing party enters a town with a Repair Shop, Hero B coughs up 50 gold to get his Ballista back to full health.)

Of course, the price of Repairs could be jacked up or other elements introduced to keep things balanced (like in my idea for a Quest I was thinking one of the fairly common enemies would have the special Dismantle, which automatically destroys any vehicle you have.)

Edited by Kadabra

Okay I'll set up another quest for Halloween. Let me talk to Sandy. :sweet:

I don't want to sound mean but... it does not do much good if I can't sign up. I'm a barbarian you know... :damn:

After some more experiance I was thinking of maybe hosting a quest, my question is, does it matter if my scenes for the quest are just taken on a white background, or do I need a comepletely brick built landscape?

Edited by Scorpiox

After some more experiance I was thinking of maybe hosting a quest, my question is, does it matter if my scenes for the quest are just taken on a white background, or do I need a comepletely brick built landscape?

It doesn't matter, although nice pictures are always a bonus. As a hint, you can use colored paper as a background if you don't have a photo-editing program. :wink:

It doesn't matter, although nice pictures are always a bonus. As a hint, you can use colored paper as a background if you don't have a photo-editing program. :wink:

Picasa is a pretty good free photo editting program. :sceptic:

I have Photoshop CS5, and I still use colored paper. Minty green for the ground, light blue for the sky, and black for night shots are my main colors. It just makes it a lot easier to get pictures edited.

As more of the important factions are getting revealed, I will now have to emphasize the animosities between the houses in power.

The rivalling houses are:

The Hinckwells >< The Shadeaux

The Ziegfrieds >< The Guild of Invision

The Bonapartes >< The Ji Pei

(The Wolfgang >< The Town Watch)

This means you cannot have good reputation with two rivalling houses. If you have a good reputation among the Hinckwells, yet you sign into a Shadeaux quest and earn their respect, you will lose your reputation among the Hinckwells. This does not matter much at this point of the game, but it will become more important in the later state, when the rivalries start to grow even steeper.

Having good reputation with one or more of the houses should make it easier for you to get into a quest pitched by those factions, as you become somewhat of a "house champion" to them. Later on, you will get certain gameplay bonuses from siding with one of the houses.

This is why I've encouraged new quest masters to give improved reputation as rewards in their quests. :wink:

As more of the important factions are getting revealed, I will now have to emphasize the animosities between the houses in power.

The rivalling houses are:

The Hinckwells >< The Shadeaux

The Ziegfrieds >< The Guild of Invision

The Bonapartes >< The Ji Pei

(The Wolfgang >< The Town Watch)

This means you cannot have good reputation with two rivalling houses. If you have a good reputation among the Hinckwells, yet you sign into a Shadeaux quest and earn their respect, you will lose your reputation among the Hinckwells. This does not matter much at this point of the game, but it will become more important in the later state, when the rivalries start to grow even steeper.

Having good reputation with one or more of the houses should make it easier for you to get into a quest pitched by those factions, as you become somewhat of a "house champion" to them. Later on, you will get certain gameplay bonuses from siding with one of the houses.

This is why I've encouraged new quest masters to give improved reputation as rewards in their quests. :wink:

what if you are a peace maker?

So does this mean you could have good reputation with the town watch?

So does this mean you could have good reputation with the town watch?

Not really, hence I put it in parenthesis. You can have good reputation with the Wolfgang, though, but not if you do what the Town Watch tells you in the "WANTED!"-quests (yes, there will be more of those in the future). So the two "factions" are mutually exclusive, just as the pairs of noble houses are.

Why are the Bonparte's and Ji Pei rivals? One is a naval force protecting the Freeport's waters and the other is a family of foreign architects. Doesn't really make sense to me. :wacko: Also, if you are the first to host a Quest including one of the important family members, can you create their minifigure character, or do you have minifigs of all the important NPCs listed in the Library (like Nemo Bonaparte, Noctus Shadeaux, The Masked Man, etc. I know you have all of the Ziegfrieds because of The Missing Matriarch.) already, Sandy?

Edited by Kadabra

Why are the Bonparte's and Ji Pei rivals? One is a naval force protecting the Freeport's waters and the other is a family of foreign architects. Doesn't really make sense to me. :wacko:

I understand, but I will make it have sense. :grin:

Also, if you are the first to host a Quest including one of the important family members, can you create their minifigure character, or do you have minifigs of all the important NPCs listed in the Library (like Nemo Bonaparte, Noctus Shadeaux, The Masked Man, etc. I know you have all of the Ziegfrieds because of The Missing Matriarch.) already, Sandy?

I don't have all the important people created yet, but I'd like to hold rights to create them in the future. It doesn't mean nobody else can use them, though, they just have to ask me what the person they want to use looks like. :wink:

I understand, but I will make it have sense. :grin:

I don't have all the important people created yet, but I'd like to hold rights to create them in the future. It doesn't mean nobody else can use them, though, they just have to ask me what the person they want to use looks like. :wink:

Since Lego figures can change clothes, could you just use the same face and have the character use a completely different costume?

Edited by Tanma

Since Lego figures can change clothes, could you just use the same face and have the character use a completely different costume?

Of course.

Of course.

I am making a character creator becuase I do not have any real legos (I build with LDD) for instance, look at my avatar. I am creating many minifig pieces like torsos, arms, hands, heads, hair, legs, ect.

I am making a character creator becuase I do not have any real legos (I build with LDD) for instance, look at my avatar. I am creating many minifig pieces like torsos, arms, hands, heads, hair, legs, ect.

I have to say I prefer the real pieces over the digital versions. There's great joy in collecting various minifig parts and matching them together. :wub: