Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest Masters' Lounge

Snip

We can, of course, disagree. I am just displaying my observations, thoughts and opinion. :classic: The trouble I find is that one point, you are either going to have two things: Knights never take damage. Or: Any class that is not a knight gets one-shotted if they roll damage.

Brickdoctor (QM):

It was Quest 8 I hosted. :wink: And I always keep commitments... watch, next quest I sign up for I have to do something or be gone for a week. :hmpf_bad:

I'm not sure I could critique you on much. But like others have said, there was too much time between battles, and that, (to me at least) made me just want to get back to the hall. Also, the lion knight defenders concept wasn't that complicate, it just wasn't that much useful. I felt they were kind of pointless, since we did all the work anyways. Last point is, I'm not sure if you want to save this in the story, but I think the final battle needed to be more dramatic or hard, or both. I would've imagined it as a "300 last Stand," but it seemed like just a regular battle, I would've liked the heroes to be running away into towers to escape some super enemy in tank-like armor lumber after them. I don't think I lost health the entire quest.

But great job!

Knights are OP.

No! Don't say that, I just bought an SP: 5 shield! I also have to disagree, that's our purpose, defense. Barbarians are offense, should clerics be nerfed, because they can render virtually any battle won because they can just give everyone health back? Or nerf rangers, who can attack from the safety of only taking half damage? Leave each class the way it is.

I'm not sure I could critique you on much. But like others have said, there was too much time between battles, and that, (to me at least) made me just want to get back to the hall. Also, the lion knight defenders concept wasn't that complicate, it just wasn't that much useful. I felt they were kind of pointless, since we did all the work anyways. Last point is, I'm not sure if you want to save this in the story, but I think the final battle needed to be more dramatic or hard, or both. I would've imagined it as a "300 last Stand," but it seemed like just a regular battle, I would've liked the heroes to be running away into towers to escape some super enemy in tank-like armor lumber after them. I don't think I lost health the entire quest.

Yeah, the later enemies really should've been stronger. I had thought the Elven Guards would be enough, but then K-nut and that horse I gave him got a Magic Burst... :laugh:

One other thing about Quest 17 was the variation, which was extremely lacking. Can't blame you, there's only so many ways you can go with elves, but I thought maybe the wood mage would at least conjure up some ents or something. :tongue:

Edited by CallMePieOrDie

Doc:

Another epic Doc! I quite enjoyed reading this one and it was all very inventive. It really was something I would liked to have gone on. :blush: And I still need to go on one of your quests!

Scuba:

I don't know if you saw the comment I left on your profile, but your quest was awesome. I expect to see more good quest from you, the ending did seem a bit abrupt but it left it open for a second.

Scuba and Doc, you both hosted awesome quests. Scuba, I wished that you had fully resolved your plot, or did I miss something? Other than that I really liked how you achieved the feel of Eubric in your Moc's and the choices you gave your party. Doc, while the length between battles was a little long, I really enjoyed how you allowed the players to use their ingenuity to influence the game. Good job to the both of you :thumbup:

I loved the Quest, Doc, but like the others stated already, O feel the waits between battles were too long, But it was otherwise outstanding. I feel bad that this horrid thing called real life reared it's ugly head and got me near the end, and I feel that I need to make a more active attempt to post frequently. I definitely want to be on another Quest of yours, so I hope I'll be picked for Quest 31! :classic:

Doc, while the length between battles was a little long,

I loved the Quest, Doc, but like the others stated already, O feel the waits between battles were too long,

Yeah, I can't seem to keep things short. :blush: Hopefully, Quest 31 will move more quickly.

Flare (Benji) :

You did very well! You weren't really roleplaying much, but I don't really care, for example, I don't think I'm good at RP. But you did what needed to be done and were active. I think you dealt items and loot fairly. Good job.

palathadric (Monk Pretzel) :

I love your character!! :classic::laugh: You were hilarious, and interactive with the other heroes. (Actually in the beginning, I thought it was a mistake choosing you, as it looked you would cause trouble among the party with your antics. :tongue: ) You were extremely active and crucial to the success of the party. Excellent work! I hope to be on a quest (QM or playing) with you again.

Theboywonder (Leo) :

There was some friction early on, but maybe that was about your or your character's personality. But you were active and also key in fighting. There was not too much, or not too little roleplaying. It was a good balance. Good job.

Poison Ivy (Alisha) :

You were very funny and one of the really active players in the beginning. I liked that. But as time went on, you slowly became less active and not posting. I'm unsure what happened. I guess because of that you did ok.

Legoman (Daxus) :

You were active and did everything right. You took up all the responsibilities and you (along with palathadric) reminded me of some stat errors. Good job, no complaints.

Me:

I have a better grasp of the rules now. But I need to work on finding a way to keep the stats correct. Also, I think my pictures were slightly less quality then my first quest. But I can't really say more, I don't know what you thought of the battles. Fair? Overpowered? Too easy? Let me know. :classic:

Thank you very much, and I'm glad you didn't send me back to the hall. :sweet:

This is my first quest so I really don't know what to say. When it started out I was the only one getting KO'ed, but I thought the battles were maybe a bit too easy, at the end though we survived a couple of those battles by the skin of our teeth. All-in-all, though, I'd say they were good. Although, I don't speak from experience.

Once again, thanks so much for choosing me to go on your quest.

I loved the quest. I thought it was going to be easy seeing the chosen party, but wow I was wrong. First time Leo has ever been Ko'd.

I was thinking that it may be interesting to have a "Whodunnit," as a quest, where somebody is murdered and the questers have to solve the mystery murder in a house. There would not be battles, so not much experience would be gained that, but I was thinking possibly of giving each party member 5 levels of experience at the end of the quest if it is completed successfully. Alternatively, they could receive XP if they show alertness and discover certain things. Don't know if anyone has mentioned this idea before, but I think it may be interesting although it is nowhere near in the works.

Nice quest, Cap'n. It was a pretty good quest, although its hard to compare anything to the amazing Quest #4 :grin:

I just wished there were some more pictures to illustrate the quest... besides that it was a great quest...

Moved upon Skrall's advice.

@Palathadric:

Thanks. I had wanted to give him a new look, but I wasn't sure what torso+legs combo to use. When I got the belt, I decided to use that torso, and the rest developed from that.

@All:

I'm working on a Quest. The basic idea is this:

Hinckwell trade has long been plagued by Shadeaux-sponsored pirates. The efforts of the guards on the trade ships have proven to be futile against the pirates. Now, as they are shipping something that must not fall into the hands of the Shadeaux, the Hinckwells have turned once again to Heroica. They require a team of five Heros to protect the cargo. Each Hero will recieve 100 Gold upon the seccessful completion of the Quest, as well as a special bonus.

I have more ideas, but I can't reveal them here, as I don't want to give away any surprises.

If anyone is interested in helping to develop this Quest, please PM me. If you are interested in playing this Quest, say so in this thread and then sign up when the time comes. :classic:

There's a few profound problems with your idea:

1) The Shadeaux are merchants, not thieves, even though the Hinckwells try to insinuate that. They use some questionable means to advance their trade, but so do the Hinckwells. The rivalry between the two factions is not supposed to be about good vs. evil.

2) There are no pirates around Uland, the Bonapartes have made sure of that. Jolly Roger was the last one to attempt piracy in the region, and his entire crew was decimated. There are pirates further away from the Free Islands, though.

So please come up with something else. :wink:

Sorry. :blush: I am still reading over past Quests. I'll revise the idea. It doesn't need to involve the Shadaeux. A few thoughts, though.

1. This Quest could be from the Hinckwells perspective.

2. It could take place near the free islands.

Idea revised. The only reason I included the Shadeaux was to give the Quest a bit more depth. The play will not be affected at all by their absence.

Hinckwell shipping around the Free Islands has long been plagued by pirates, and the efforts of the guards on the trade ships have proven to be futile. Now, as they are shipping something that must not fall into the hands of the pirates, the Hinckwells have turned once again to Heroica. They require a team of five Heros to protect the cargo. Each Hero will recieve 100 Gold upon the seccessful completion of the Quest, as well as a special bonus.

I think you're fine with Shadeaux funding the pirates against the Hinckwells, just keep in mind that the Hinckwells are probably doing the same thing too. Like Sandy said it's not good versus evil, some would even say it seems like evil versus evil some of the time. I would suggest you can have the Shadeaux sponsors of the privateers but not be directly involved in the conflict.

I think you're fine with Shadeaux funding the pirates against the Hinckwells, just keep in mind that the Hinckwells are probably doing the same thing too. Like Sandy said it's not good versus evil, some would even say it seems like evil versus evil some of the time. I would suggest you can have the Shadeaux sponsors of the privateers but not be directly involved in the conflict.

I would keep that in mind, of course. As I said before, this Quest would be from the Hinckwell's perspective. The Shadeaux would not be involved in direct conflict, but would simply be in the background.

I would keep that in mind, of course. As I said before, this Quest would be from the Hinckwell's perspective. The Shadeaux would not be involved in direct conflict, but would simply be in the background.

Why not twist it around? I feel that the Hinckwells are currently seen as 'the good guys', even though they are just as bad as the other houses. I personally think it would be much more interesting if it were the Shadeaux that hired the heroes, and the Hinckwells to hire the privateers.

Why not twist it around? I feel that the Hinckwells are currently seen as 'the good guys', even though they are just as bad as the other houses. I personally think it would be much more interesting if it were the Shadeaux that hired the heroes, and the Hinckwells to hire the privateers.

That would be briliant. :thumbup:

@All:

If you want details, PM me.

YES! YES! Give this man a medal! :thumbup::laugh:

I, too, want to eventually write a Quest from the Shadeaux perspective, but that's a back-burner project for me. (I reserve a Shadeaux character named "Lord Basil" for this Quest, though, since I've already written plot points and dialogue for him.) Currently, I'm working on a concept for another under-used House, the Ji Pei (who, if I recall, have never appeared on a Quest that would allow the heroes to gain their favor).

I, too, want to eventually write a Quest from the Shadeaux perspective, but that's a back-burner project for me. (I reserve a Shadeaux character named "Lord Basil" for this Quest, though, since I've already written plot points and dialogue for him.) Currently, I'm working on a concept for another under-used House, the Ji Pei (who, if I recall, have never appeared on a Quest that would allow the heroes to gain their favor).

Mr Szaninski put in a good word with the Ji Pei for us when we rescued his children. :wink:

By Mata-Nui yes! I always thought the Shadeaux might actually be better of the two, for a number of reasons. One; the Hinckwells chose a crown for the symbol which implies that they are elite compared to others. The Shadeaux also don't hide the fact that they work in the shadows, not only does everyone know it but their symbol is a bat. (not that bats are shady types, but they are nocturnal) And let us not forget the heirs from quest 10...

Hopefully De'kra is back in time for that quest, I have wanted him to work with the Ji Pei for some time. Not that I want Quest 29 to end soon, it just started and I am already looking forward to it.

I feel that the Hinckwells are currently seen as 'the good guys', even though they are just as bad as the other houses. I personally think it would be much more interesting if it were the Shadeaux that hired the heroes, and the Hinckwells to hire the privateers.

I agree. I know a lot of the opinions of the heroes regarding the Shadeaux are negative, in part as a result of my own Q4. (though I will point out that in that quest, the Shadeaux merely manipulated three other parties into a situation they could profit from without attacking anyone or stealing anything) I'd love to see the Shadeaux portrayed as good guys in a quest. (I've tried to hint at that with my entry on Isaac Shawe in the NPC Index)

By Mata-Nui yes! I always thought the Shadeaux might actually be better of the two, for a number of reasons. One; the Hinckwells chose a crown for the symbol which implies that they are elite compared to others. The Shadeaux also don't hide the fact that they work in the shadows, not only does everyone know it but their symbol is a bat. (not that bats are shady types, but they are nocturnal) And let us not forget the heirs from quest 10...

Hopefully De'kra is back in time for that quest, I have wanted him to work with the Ji Pei for some time. Not that I want Quest 29 to end soon, it just started and I am already looking forward to it.

:blush: I will say that it would be HEAVILY involved in rooleplaying, so you were one of the first players who came to mind. It's why I picked Ji Pei over Guild of Invision, I was hoping to entice De'kra in. :blush:

In any event, there's still a LOT of sets to build, and K-nut still hasn't gotten back to me on helping me choose puzzles. :poke::tongue:

@Flipz:

What is the object of your Quest?

That is an interesting and complex topic that would require direct approval from Sandy first. Since I want to have more of the Quest ready before I pitch it formally, you'll understand why I can't reveal that just yer. :grin::wink: