Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest Masters' Lounge

The backstory says the events of the Heroica Boardgame took place 250 years prior to this RPG. :wink:

Thanks, I was unsure whether that meant the invasion of the orcs or the reclamation by the Heroes.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Oooh, this talk of maps has been most enlightening. Until now I had assumed that Eubric Freeport was a city in Ennon (well, on an Island, but part of...) So, does that mean that the Kingdom of Ennon has not been liberated from the orcs (or goblins) yet?

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Actually, I only learned of the Kingdom of Ennon today. :tongue: But I replaced the "Lost Kingdom of Fortaan" with it on my map, which means it now lies in ruins (yes, because of the orcs).

Eubric on the other hand is an independent city-state, except it doesn't have a ruler, so it's more of an organized chaos than a real state. And since it lies on an island, it was not involved in the Orcish Invasion.

Returning to the topic at hand, I would like to offer my hand at Quest hosting. I have two quests as ideas in my head, perhaps I will be able to be Sandy's following act. :thumbup: I will flesh them out over the next few months... which leads to my question. How long do you predict quests will last Sanders?

In an earlier answer to my similar question, Sandy believes the starter quests will last around 3 weeks each.

It's hard to predict, but 3 weeks is an approximate time for my quests, I guess.

Good to know you'd be ready to give the hosting a go, Zeph! I'll still need to approve your ideas first, so send a PM my way once you've done planning them. :wink:

Of course! I just want to see the current quests for a bit before I go ahead and try to set up one of my own.

I don't want to host a Quest, but just throwing an idea out there for someone who wants it. In the Hall there was a short discussion about an Army of Orcs and a Troll slave, perhaps you would be able to turn it into a quest of some sort. Although I personally would not be able have the creativity to make the story complete. :wink: So, just throwing an idea out there!

I don't want to host a Quest, but just throwing an idea out there for someone who wants it. In the Hall there was a short discussion about an Army of Orcs and a Troll slave, perhaps you would be able to turn it into a quest of some sort. Although I personally would not be able have the creativity to make the story complete. :wink: So, just throwing an idea out there!

This was my intention when coming up with the whole story.

I would be interested in hosting a quest after finishing the quest I'm on now and maybe another one. I've got 4 rough ideas for quests if anyone wants to hear them (I probably won't be able to develop them all:wink:).

I also plan on hosting a few quests myself. Ideas are already brewing inside of my head :classic: There definitely should be more DM , you´re getting alot of players signing up Sandy. You are doing an amazing job with this and you probably have alot more planned out for our delight. Even so, should you consider some help (and in that I offer my full services and others would probably to), have you thought of that? It is harder to follow a path with more people aboard but it is better than letting this wonderfull idea get ruined.

All the best, and look foward for some amazing quests from myself after I adventure a little :sweet:

Even so, should you consider some help (and in that I offer my full services and others would probably to), have you thought of that?

Umm... Sure, I've thought about getting some help. That's why I created this topic, so interested people can pitch their own quests. :tongue:

I sure as hell will not be hosting all quests myself! Although I have six more specific quest ideas brewing up already, along with the main plotlines. :wink:

I did meant additional help, besides the quests :classic: when the game is fully running you probably won´t need to host any more quests for there will plenty of adventures which will do it with pleasure. By additional help I mean drawing maps, designing the main plot, etc. If you need help with any of that let me know :wink:

p.s. and hurry up with the 3 quests running ,i want more so i can join one :tongue:

By additional help I mean drawing maps, designing the main plot, etc. If you need help with any of that let me know :wink:

Thanks for the offer, but I think I've got those pretty much covered. :wink:

It would help if you posted a picture of your character like the rules ask you to, so I can add him to the gallery. A dwarven cleric, I like that! :wink:

I´have a provisory image ready but i can´t seem to put it in the signature... it says only 4 lines of text allow,strange! can anyone help me out?

The allowed length of your signature is connected to the amount of posts you have. If you're new here and don't have lots of posts yet, your signature is limited to 4 lines only :classic: .

I´have a provisory image ready but i can´t seem to put it in the signature... it says only 4 lines of text allow,strange! can anyone help me out?

Just put the image code next to your character name, or combine some of the lines. That should solve your problem. :wink:

Anyway, this is not the right topic to ask that kind of questions. Please use the Heroica RPG Rules & Discussion topic in the future.

I've got a quest in mind, one that's a fair bit more freeform than the three hosted so far. The storyboard, if you will, likely wouldn't be ready until at least a second wave of quests are hosted and completed, and that's not including figuring out the mechanics/how to work it, and building the scenes/enemies. On that note, I have a few questions:

1) As I mentioned a while back in the R&D thread (and as several members were quick to help with), I recently moved, and, aside from my SW 'figs, I have virtually none of my LEGO collection at my disposal, and likely won't for the foreseeable future. I've been playing with LDD, though, and have toyed around with some scenes/structures that would fit with the quest. Given that I wouldn't be ready to host this for a while (and thus, time isn't really a factor), would anyone be willing to recreate, in physical form, and photograph, various LDD creations for me, to use in the quest? Likely wouldn't be anything too demanding. I think the most parts-intensive/detailed scene I have in mind so far is the interior of a pub/tavern. Anyway, not expecting any definite yes's, but if there's an interest/willingness, that'd be awesome.

2) Are there mechanics in place/are the mechanics&rules adaptable to having the party split up, and temporarily having multiple decision makers? IE, early in the quest, the goal is to gather information. Player A, the main party leader, divides the 6-man group into 3 smaller groups, and each smaller group goes off to a separate area, with their own mini-mission, possibly even getting into battles without the whole group?

***Sorry, have to run. I'll edit this with another question or two later today***

2) Are there mechanics in place/are the mechanics&rules adaptable to having the party split up, and temporarily having multiple decision makers? IE, early in the quest, the goal is to gather information. Player A, the main party leader, divides the 6-man group into 3 smaller groups, and each smaller group goes off to a separate area, with their own mini-mission, possibly even getting into battles without the whole group?

I'm quite certain this is manageable (and sounds like a great idea). You just need to assign a party leader for each of the subgroups, simple as that.

Sandy, this is really fun, and seeing little people are applying, I think I'd take a crack at it. (After the quest I'm doing right now of course) I've been a DM in D&D as well. So before I put forth my ideas, I must check to see if I have 1 last thing to build sets for pictures. Once that's done I shall post the quest for your approval.

I could pretty easily whip up a cool quest, but I have a question, I think the answer will be no, but here goes: could I build the setting in LDD? I mean, also, if someone makes a quest in a place that an older quest was at, they would not want to rebuild it, so I'm just wondering if you guys think that's an OK idea. oh, and Sandy, I built Heroica hall in LDD. :sceptic:

I could pretty easily whip up a cool quest, but I have a question, I think the answer will be no, but here goes: could I build the setting in LDD? I mean, also, if someone makes a quest in a place that an older quest was at, they would not want to rebuild it, so I'm just wondering if you guys think that's an OK idea. oh, and Sandy, I built Heroica hall in LDD. :sceptic:

Well, my first instinct would be to say "no", but you can always try to persuade me by showing some pictures of these settings. :wink: After all, the pictures are probably the least important part of the quests.

okay, I don't have any setting built yet, but I'll work some up. besides that, I have pretty much made a quest! :classic:

Hold your horses, you still need to get some experience from participating in a quest before I can allow you to host a quest of your own. :wink: