Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Nevertheless, he is a Rogue and we just met him. Nothing wrong with caution here. I can't smell blood myself, but is that a faint reddish brown streak on his sword? Perhaps it would be best if we sat across the table from him. Except for Cronk. He can sit next to the Rogue and bash him if he's evil.

You my friend are very cautious, but there is nothing wrong with that. Let's find out more about this mysterious, creepy eyed stranger before we get to trust him.

Hybros came back to reality with a start. Tomas, the Cleric, was shaking the imp by his shoulder, saying something about buying drinks.

"Oh, no thank you", said Hybros in a hoarse voice, not caring for the in-acquired taste of surface beverages. Taking interest in the human, however, the imp engaged in conversation, speaking for the first time since he arrived.

"Where do you come from? Do you have family?", he asked.

Tomas takes a seat and orders a small drink from Scheherazade before answering."I hail from the far west - the small village of Maplehaven, to be exact. My family owns a healing center there." Tomas replies "And what about you? Where do you come from?"

"Ah Jess, you are awake. Sorry to leave you, but a rouge would not be in danger. So many traps and tricks to save them! I had a mighty hunger and the bar was serving."

"That's fine, Tesni. I didn't even know I fell asleep! :tongue:" Jess called.

She's right about the protective traps, though. Especially with that idiot Ranger pointing his crossbow at me all the time, Jess thought, suppressing a grimace.

Or perhaps that Bartholomew guy, even though he[/i] is a ranger, Jess thought.

Jess went and sat by Bartholomew.

I had no idea this table could seat more than four! :look:

You need not fear me - I have no issues with you. After all, all my money is tied securely to my belt. *jingles coins* :grin:

"It can't, that's why I pulled up a chair, my friend," laughed Jess. "You needn't worry about the safety of your coins, I promise that I'd give them back!"

Hmm. Cronk smell blood. Bad smell. Cronk not sure where smell come from but Cronk remain vigilant.

As long as Mage Althior agrees, Rogue Henry, Cronk has no problem with the sitting.

Overhearing the conversation, Bacari non-secretly pulls put his loaded crossbow and lays it across the table.

CURRENT SIGN-UPS:

Quest #1: Harvest Time

1. Bartholomew Docken, Level 1 Ranger (Brickdoctor)

2. Sir Christopher Daggerfall, Level 1 Knight (Fred Fred Burger)

3. Eric, Level 1 Barbarian (KhoRne)

4. Atramor Gibbin, Level 1 Rogue (CallMePieOrDie)

5. Tesni Hightribe, Level 1 Barbarian (Peppermint_M)

6. Sir Sven, Level 1 Knight (SirSven7)

7. Jess Islanti, Level 1 Rogue (cralegoboy)

8. Tomas, Level 1 Cleric (Captain Tamamono)

9. Sylph Solanum, Level 1 Cleric (Dannylonglegs)

10. Cronk, Level 1 Knight (CorneliusMurdock)

Quest #2: Looking Through the Wares

1. Atramor Gibbin, Level 1 Rogue (CallMePieOrDie)

2. Bartholomew Docken, Level 1 Ranger (Brickdoctor)

3. Nyx, Level 6 Mage (Pandora)

4. Signor Bacari, Level 1 Ranger (Capt.JohnPaul)

5. Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 1 Knight (Zepher)

6. Alexis Fenral, Level 1 Ranger (Masked Builder)

7. Eric, Level 1 Barbarian (KhoRne)

8. Rufindel Galadhras, Level 6 Cleric (Rufus)

9. Tomas, Level 1 Cleric (Captain Tamamono)

10. Hybros, Level 1 Rogue (JimButcher)

11. Luc Aragon, Level 1 Ranger (JediAnakin)

12. Ruitath Jast, Level 1 Rogue (Forestboy)

13. Elgar Gligin, Level 1 Ranger (Jedi master Brick)

14. Henry Sicariul, Level 1 Rogue (Peanuts)

Quest #3: The Missing Matriarch

1. Nyx, Level 6 Mage (Pandora)

2. Sir Gladius Stoat, Level 1 Knight (TazManiac)

3. Althior Emorith, Level 1 Mage (K-nut)

4. Rufindel Galadhras, Level 6 Cleric (Rufus)

5. Hybros, Level 1 Rogue (JimButcher)

6. Sylph Solanum, Level 1 Cleric (Dannylonglegs)

7. Cronk, Level 1 Knight (CorneliusMurdock)

8. Elgar Gligin, Level 1 Ranger (Jedi master Brick)

9. Luc Aragon, Level 1 Ranger (JediAnakin)

10. Signor Bacari, Level 1 Ranger (Capt.JohnPaul)

11. Bob, Level 1 Mage (Sirius Black)

Tomas takes a seat and orders a small drink from Scheherazade before answering."I hail from the far west - the small village of Maplehaven, to be exact. My family owns a healing center there." Tomas replies "And what about you? Where do you come from?"

"Deep underground, I think", Hybros answers. "I'm not entirely sure of my past, but I was hoping to discover more about myself by joining Heroica. Hopefully these quests will hold answers for me, and allow me to experience new things".

Changing the subject, Hybros inquires, "Sitting here, I've heard about an Orcish Invasion. Do you know of it? I'm afraid the time of those events preludes my time on the surface. Surely, you've heard more than I about the subject during your time here?".

"It can't, that's why I pulled up a chair, my friend," laughed Jess.

I had no idea the spaces between the tables could accommodate another chair! :look:

All the chair moving and rearranging is starting to creep in on Bacari's space. Bacari picks up his crossbow and walks and stands in the corner of the room overlooking the bar.... his crossbow being held up, cradling in his arms.

I had no idea the spaces between the tables could accommodate another chair! :look:

"Oh, shut up and accept it. :laugh:," Jess said with a grin. "Oh, thank you," Jess added as Scheherazade handed her her pint and lamb. "So, tell me about yourself, Bart."

Tesni looked at her fellow adventurers talking, she felt like saying something but she didn't have the energy. She slumped in her chair and was soon sleeping.

"So, tell me about yourself, Bart."

Bartholomew, please. :classic:

I'm a Forestman of the Crusader Kingdom, though it should be noted that while they oppose us, the Crusaders are not the evil knights some of the other heroes make them out to be. (and they don't throw shurikans :hmpf: ) They're honorable opponents. About twelve winters ago, I was a part of a patrol that attacked a Crusader scouting party that was coming too close to our hideout for comfort. We defeated them, but I lost my eye in that battle. At first it was a curse, but as I recuperated it became a blessing as I began to find I could aim my bow with ease with it. The band of Forestmen I was with lost all it's money four moons ago, after our leader got drunk and gambled it all away. I came out of that with naught but ten pieces of gold, my equipment, and a disdain for alcoholic drinks. After the band dispersed, I came here.

"Ah, okay Bartholomew. Very interesting story you got there."

Jess takes a long dreg of her mead, much to Bartholomew's disdain.

He's nice enough for a ranger, Jess thought. 'Least he's not pointing a weapon at me. I might even give him back his coin bag I filched a few minutes ago.

I might even give him back his coin bag I filched a few minutes ago.

Bartholomew smiles to himself as he notices the Rogue had taken the bait and stolen his bag.

Would you mind giving me back my bag of fake coins? :grin:

Uncomfortably, Bacari takes his money and places it under his hat. He slings his crossbow over his back and finally sits down.

"I'll have a stuffed goose."

"Ah, mighty clever yeh are! Here's your fake coins," Jess tossed them over with a wide grin. "I might be getting to like you!"

The door burst open, at first glance the doorway was empty, however if you looked down ever so slightly you would see a lightly armored dwarf with a beard down to his toes.

"Where could I find me some ale?"

Thrain looked around the room and scowled.

"Dirty bunch of commoners, yer drinking all me ale"

.png

Thrain Longbeard, Level 1 knight

18 year old male dwarf

Power:4 Health: 10/10 Gold: 10

Inventory: Dwarf Sword (wp: 3), Potion, Shield (sp: 2)

"Ah, mighty clever yeh are! Here's your fake coins," Jess tossed them over with a wide grin. "I might be getting to like you!"

Bartholomew catches the bag gently.

Thank you. But next time, take care not to be too rough with the bag. We wouldn't want this thin ring around each coin to get pushed too far inward - especially since it's a flint and the coins are filled with black powder. :devil_laugh:

Bartholomew replaces the bag on his belt, then goes to the bar to order a roasted duck.

Edited by Brickdoctor

This hall is becoming quiet crowded thought Chris to himself but it warmed his heart that all these people would come to fight for good. "So sir Cronk,"said Chris turning to the ork "I hear you like dogs". "Well feel free to play with old Fred any time" he said stroking the dog, who sat their munching on a bone contentedly.

After sculling a whole pint of ale Thrain put down his mug and turned to the ranger who offered some goose.

"Not many dwarves out. Though I wouldn't have even thought to come here if my mine wasn't destroyed"

Thrain pulled out his sword.

"There I was surrounded by one hundred, no, one thousand enemy dwarves. They came for my gold and my crown, i'm the king of the north western southern dwarf clan you see."

Thrain's story became more and more complicated each time he chose to share it with a traveler!

"They all attacked at once, I stopped a few but the rest had me pinned down."

Thrain stopped to make sure someone was listening, and then continued with his twisted story.

"They enemy dwarves had a dragon you see and the floor of the mine was covered in ale, and when that stupid dragon breathed its fiery breath..."

Thrain stopped pretending to be affected.

"The whole place went up in flames. THE END" Thrain shouted.

"Now I must rest" He whispered, dropping to the ground asleep.

"Clever and good with traps? How have we not met before?" Jess asked teasingly.

I wonder why he's not a rogue, what with him being that clever and having trapped coins... Must be one of those Goody-goody types.