Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

10 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

She looks over at the woman who has walked up and waves a hand at the empty chair nearby.

"Hey, no problem. Plenty of room here."

Looking up toward the voice, she pulls back her hood. Cinna sees a somewhat familiar face and smiles wryly.

"New, no. I was around back when the Hall first became active. I seem to remember you were around back then as well, but we never quested together did we?  It's been so long.  I left for a while, but wanted to come back and get to work again. Though, it seems like all the work has ended around here."

Karie leaps over the chair and takes a seat in the cushions, surprised she hadn't been down to this section of the hall as often. "Yeah, the more I look at you the more I think I've seen you before as well. I don't believe we've formally met, though." Karie uncorked her wine bottle with her teeth, placing the cork in pocket. "As for the quest board being dry, I find it a nice change of pace, honestly. I've been doing this for enough that I find the act of relaxation a change of pace."

Cinna sips her ale, no need to rush.

"Probably not, I kept around only a few folks back then. I don't know if they are even still around.Namyrra and Tesni most often." she looks around the Hall, but doesn't see anyone she knows.

"Well, hopefully they are still alive in any case. My name is Cinna, by the way, it's nice to meet you."

The door opens and Hunkan steps back inside the hall after days of absence. He closes the door behind him and casually walks over to the questboard with a determined grin. The grin fades and his brow wrinkles when he can't find any open quests. He sighs. "Darn."

On 9/29/2016 at 0:08 AM, Flipz said:

"Of a sort.  Remember that big space-time warp a few years back?  It feels like something like that's happened recently.  The world itself feels different...even a little wrong."  He shakes his head as if to clear it, then shrugs.  "It will pass.  As it has before."  He nods towards Bobby and his group, a few tables away from where the Skirmisher had settled after his exchange with Zanna.  "I'm more concerned about the boy over there.  From the sound of it the poor guy got strong-armed into making a deal with Zoot, and it's not exactly been great for him."  Arthur shakes his head sadly.  "And I thought my Chaotic curse was bad..." he mutters, momentarily forgetting that Dyric was near enough to hear.

I think I recall, if vaguely - it's hard to say how much of what I remember was real and how much... well... 

Either way, if there truly is something major that has happened, I'm sure we will be able to stand against it. As for this boy, we must all make our own mistakes. Do you think he'd listen to any advice you have to offer, and where you any different in your youth? 

chaotic curse, however, would seem to me to be a much different matter, wouldn't you? Especially when you have friends who are open to listening. :wink:

The Marauder opens one eye. He'd must have lost track of time. Everything seems kind of different around him than he remembered. Guts dusts off his musty coat, that's what you get for drinking until you pass out in the hall. Again. Or was it that he took a detour home and just needed a long sleep to shake things off. Honestly Guts couldn't remember, and did it really matter? The old -as he had been thinking of himself for years, and perhaps now it would be considered true- man looks around and sighs.

Was this his home? Now? Finally? Still? The answer was not about to reach the rogue. All he knows is that it is time to leave. Soon. To go where? Adventure, booze, a woman, retirement, a mystical island populated with grape elementals? It doesn't matter. Guts Holla will go. The Wind Thief will sail.

Guts checks the pockets off his coat and pack. He's got a bunch of stuff he has no use for and he's pretty sure not all of it belongs to him...

On 9/30/2016 at 0:27 PM, The Legonater said:

I think I recall, if vaguely - it's hard to say how much of what I remember was real and how much... well... 

Either way, if there truly is something major that has happened, I'm sure we will be able to stand against it. As for this boy, we must all make our own mistakes. Do you think he'd listen to any advice you have to offer, and where you any different in your youth? 

chaotic curse, however, would seem to me to be a much different matter, wouldn't you? Especially when you have friends who are open to listening. :wink:

Arthur starts, not realizing that Dyric had been able to hear him.  He glances around furtively to make sure a few certain Heroes were either not present or else otherwise occupied, then lowers his voice, indicating Dyric should do the same.  "It's uh...kind of a long story.  Did I ever tell you the full story about where I'm from?  How we were among the first Chaos-worshipers, and among the first to rebel?  Well, a side-effect of that is, we've all got a little Chaos in us--effectively, part-Chaos Beast, but just barely.  Well, with that kind of magic...you can imagine how my actions back in the day affected that sort of thing."

"That would have been the end of it...until Prometheus Regret--no relation to the Master of Regret--taunted me and defiled Triad's grave.  In my anger, I tapped into the power of my Zoot's Plaything--and it bound itself to me.  Changed me.  I'm...not really human anymore--my physical appearance is just an illusion, a disguise.  I'm a living weapon of Chaos: 'Zoot's Rebel', an inky black mass taking a human shape for convenience's sake.  I--"

3 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

The Marauder opens one eye. He'd must have lost track of time. Everything seems kind of different around him than he remembered. Guts dusts off his musty coat, that's what you get for drinking until you pass out in the hall. Again. Or was it that he took a detour home and just needed a long sleep to shake things off. Honestly Guts couldn't remember, and did it really matter? The old -as he had been thinking of himself for years, and perhaps now it would be considered true- man looks around and sighs.

Was this his home? Now? Finally? Still? The answer was not about to reach the rogue. All he knows is that it is time to leave. Soon. To go where? Adventure, booze, a woman, retirement, a mystical island populated with grape elementals? It doesn't matter. Guts Holla will go. The Wind Thief will sail.

Guts checks the pockets off his coat and pack. He's got a bunch of stuff he has no use for and he's pretty sure not all of it belongs to him...

Arthur spots Guts Holla.  Finally.  "I'll be right back, Dyric."  After reclaiming his 250 Gold, Grating Stone, and Ethereal Topaz from Sorrow, Arthur approaches the Marauder.  "Long time no see," the Skirmisher comments.  "I believe I owe you for something you bought for me back in Etheria, yes?"  Arthur looks around for Thormanil, but the Dragoon is nowhere to be seen.  "I have 250 Gold and a Grating Stone.  Do you want the remaining 250 Gold now, or are you willing to wait for another Grating Stone?"

As all of his current table mates move off to various locations Vindsval looks around the hall and sees a young girl carrying a skull topped staff.  A strange crook pokes up from one of her packs and he moves over to Calamity to get a closer look.

Excuse me, I am Vindsval, have we met?  That staff you carry, the one with the crook at it's end.  Might I see it a moment?

15 hours ago, Flipz said:

Arthur spots Guts Holla.  Finally.  "I'll be right back, Dyric."  After reclaiming his 250 Gold, Grating Stone, and Ethereal Topaz from Sorrow, Arthur approaches the Marauder.  "Long time no see," the Skirmisher comments.  "I believe I owe you for something you bought for me back in Etheria, yes?"  Arthur looks around for Thormanil, but the Dragoon is nowhere to be seen.  "I have 250 Gold and a Grating Stone.  Do you want the remaining 250 Gold now, or are you willing to wait for another Grating Stone?"

"The gold and the stone is fine Arthur. Enjoy." Guts hands over the Icy Halberd in exchange.

7 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Excuse me, I am Vindsval, have we met?  That staff you carry, the one with the crook at it's end.  Might I see it a moment?

Calamity hands over her staff to be inspected. "Yes, we have, actually. What do you want to give me for it?"

Seeing, the scene, Dyric saunters over to Guts' table. Quietly, he takes a seat.

So this is it? You're just shipping out?

31 minutes ago, Scubacarrot said:

"The gold and the stone is fine Arthur. Enjoy." Guts hands over the Icy Halberd in exchange.

Arthur hands over an additional 250 Gold, as well as the 250 Gold and the Grating Stone he had just offered.  "Many thanks.  Here's hoping I'll see you again next time I'm in Etheria, eh?"

1 hour ago, The Legonater said:

Seeing, the scene, Dyric saunters over to Guts' table. Quietly, he takes a seat.

"What do you want me to say Dyric? Do you think I want to be persuaded to stay? You know better than I do that I'm getting older. At some point my body is going to give in, and then I'm dead or crippled. And for what? A city that doesn't care." Guts took a deap breath. "That's unfair, but you always were able to help people better than I have, Dyric. I've done all I can in Eubric. I am sailing out. Just like that."

1 hour ago, Flipz said:

"Many thanks.  Here's hoping I'll see you again next time I'm in Etheria, eh?"

"I don't think you will, you know..."

3 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

Calamity hands over her staff to be inspected. "Yes, we have, actually. What do you want to give me for it?"

I thought so, Catastrophe, no Calamity, that was it was it not?

Vindsval accepts the crook and closes his still flesh and bone hand around it.  He closes his eyes and concentrated on focusses a small ration of energy into the weapon.  It absorbs the energy and seems to redirect it.  The Giant raises and eyebrow.  

Curious, quite curious.

I could offer your gold, or perhaps a Scroll of Frailty?  What are your plans for the future?

2 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:
4 hours ago, The Legonater said:

"What do you want me to say Dyric? Do you think I want to be persuaded to stay? You know better than I do that I'm getting older. At some point my body is going to give in, and then I'm dead or crippled. And for what? A city that doesn't care." Guts took a deap breath. "That's unfair, but you always were able to help people better than I have, Dyric. I've done all I can in Eubric. I am sailing out. Just like that."

4 hours ago, Flipz said:

Arthur hands over an additional 250 Gold, as well as the 250 Gold and the Grating Stone he had just offered.  "Many thanks.  Here's hoping I'll see you again next time I'm in Etheria, eh?"

"I don't think you will, you know..."

A knowing look crosses the Skirmisher's face.  "I see.  Well, then, I suppose the only thing I can say is, 'fair seas, and following skies.'  Take care, Captain Holla."  As Arthur looks away, his gaze passes over Dyric.  One of many, he thinks to himself.  How long will it be before it's Dyric I'm having this conversation with?  Or Karie, or...well, I suppose I've already had this conversation with Sorrow, only he chose to come here to die rather than leaving.  He thinks of Guffington, his last Quest with Guts, and how he, too, had chosen to sail the world for his final days.  Guts had known, then, that their employer was dying--had he known it of himself, too?  He'd noticed, in Etheria, the man's slowing reactions, his occasional forgetfulness of requests and details.  Perhaps he should have expected this, but yet somehow he hadn't.  Somehow the mighty Guts Holla had been a fixture of Heroica ever since Arthur first returned from Bric'bay; it was unthinkable that he would ever leave, and yet here he was now.  Doomed to watch them come and go, as I last ever on...perhaps a fitting punishment for my ill deeds.  And yet he still can't help feeling hollow at the thought.

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

Vindsval accepts the crook and closes his still flesh and bone hand around it.  He closes his eyes and concentrated on focusses a small ration of energy into the weapon.  It absorbs the energy and seems to redirect it.  The Giant raises and eyebrow.  

Curious, quite curious.

I could offer your gold, or perhaps a Scroll of Frailty?  What are your plans for the future?

Upon hearing that the Scroll is on the market, Arthur gratefully takes the excuse to peel himself away from his morose train of thoughts.  He digs through his bags, finally finding a familiar gemstone within.  He grins.  "You know, I think you sold me this Sapphire some time ago.  It's served me well, but if you're parting with that Scroll of Frailty, I'd be happy to trade it back to you in exchange.  Sound fair?"

4 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

I want you to-

...yeah. Yeah. Maybe the day of Heroes is passing. But you know I can't stop fighting. I just can't. Dyric laughs slightly, thinking back sadly. You know, all these years ago I came here looking for - I don't even know, revenge or something. I wanted to get my life back. Now this is my life. 

So where are you off to? What are you off to? Doesn't seem like a man of your... stature doesn't have much left to run to.

Thormanil meanders back into the Hall, and catches sight of Arthur making his rounds.  He attempts to catch Arthur's attention as he passes, to motion him towards a table once he's done with his dealings.

On September 30, 2016 at 11:34 AM, Darkdragon said:

Cinna sips her ale, no need to rush.

"Probably not, I kept around only a few folks back then. I don't know if they are even still around.Namyrra and Tesni most often." she looks around the Hall, but doesn't see anyone she knows.

"Well, hopefully they are still alive in any case. My name is Cinna, by the way, it's nice to meet you."

Karie shook her head in denial. "I haven't heard of such individuals, or if I have, I haven't seen them in a while. I'm certain they're alive. I don't see any reason to believe otherwise.

The name's Karie. Charmed to make your acquaintance."

On 4-10-2016 at 0:54 AM, Asphalt said:

Curious, quite curious.

"I don't know yet, might leave Eubric, not too keen on all the do-goodery around here. Give me the Scroll and some gold and we have a deal."

On 4-10-2016 at 2:15 AM, Flipz said:

"I see.  Well, then, I suppose the only thing I can say is, 'fair seas, and following skies.'  Take care, Captain Holla." 

"You make it sound like I'm going to sail out and sink the day after tomorrow. Thanks, I guess. Keep an eye on Dyric, Hybros, Nerwen, the rest, will you?"

On 4-10-2016 at 4:12 AM, The Legonater said:

I want you to-...yeah. Yeah. Maybe the day of Heroes is passing. But you know I can't stop fighting. I just can't. Dyric laughs slightly, thinking back sadly. You know, all these years ago I came here looking for - I don't even know, revenge or something. I wanted to get my life back. Now this is my life. 

So where are you off to? What are you off to? Doesn't seem like a man of your... stature doesn't have much left to run to.

"Heroica is not just going to go away, it'll be there. In some form or another... That's what I think... Trust in your mind, your bow, and remember the things you no doubt learned from watching me, heh. What to do... Might find myself an island, might become a trader again, she's a fine ship for it. Might visit the nooks of this world I haven't seen yet. I don't know Dyric, it's something I'll have to find out on my own.. Take care mate."

Edited by Scubacarrot

40 minutes ago, Scubacarrot said:

"I don't know yet, might leave Eubric, not too keen on all the do-goodery around here. Give me the Scroll and some gold and we have a deal."

Vindsval nods, 

This hall and this city are not for everyone.  Would 50 gold pieces satisfy?

He hands the small woman The Scroll of Frailty and 50 Gold Coins in exchange for the Renegade’s Crook

1 hour ago, Scubacarrot said:

"Heroica is not just going to go away, it'll be there. In some form or another... That's what I think... Trust in your mind, your bow, and remember the things you no doubt learned from watching me, heh. What to do... Might find myself an island, might become a trader again, she's a fine ship for it. Might visit the nooks of this world I haven't seen yet. I don't know Dyric, it's something I'll have to find out on my own.. Take care mate."

You know, I would have called you King. I would have followed you, died for you. I suppose in the end, it's enough to call you brother. Take care of yourself, boss.

2 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

"You make it sound like I'm going to sail out and sink the day after tomorrow. Thanks, I guess. Keep an eye on Dyric, Hybros, Nerwen, the rest, will you?"

Arthur nods.  "Will do."

On 10/3/2016 at 9:48 PM, swils said:

Thormanil meanders back into the Hall, and catches sight of Arthur making his rounds.  He attempts to catch Arthur's attention as he passes, to motion him towards a table once he's done with his dealings.

Shrugging as Vindsval's Scroll is sold to someone else, Arthur moves over to Thormanil's table.  "Good to see you, friend.  I believe this would do well in Arx's collar?"  Arthur hands his Ethereal Topaz to Thormanil.  "How is he, by the way?  I haven't seen either of you since...well..."  He sighs, recalling the circumstances of Miirym's departure.  "It's been a while," he concludes lamely.

Edited by Flipz

22 hours ago, Flipz said:

Shrugging as Vindsval's Scroll is sold to someone else, Arthur moves over to Thormanil's table.  "Good to see you, friend.  I believe this would do well in Arx's collar?"  Arthur hands his Ethereal Topaz to Thormanil.  "How is he, by the way?  I haven't seen either of you since...well..."  He sighs, recalling the circumstances of Miirym's departure.  "It's been a while," he concludes lamely.

"We've been good, taking time away from the spotlight.  It's refreshing to see the latest batch of up and comings go off, I think.  It wasn't so long ago that I was in their shoes, eager to go play the hero.  I think Arx took off to watch one group pay a visit to the old man's fields.  He's getting restless.  But you, how have you been?  Any word from Miirym?  I can't quite picture myself at a hundred percent if Arx had suddenly decided to go his own way."

Pocketing the gemstone, he places a Grating Stone on the table. "And thank you for that, yes it should help immensely.  I can't just take it, though--please, have this.  Gonna need as sharp a stick as you can get until you reunite with Miirym."

Vindsval walks over to the bar and obtains a cask of thick dark ale.  He sits down on his barrel and begins to sip.  His eyes close, and in a deep bouldery voice begins to sing, slowly and deeply.

Drink, for the wind blows cold and 
Drink for The Wolf runs free. 
Drink to the ships with the sails like wings and 
Drink to the storm-tossed seas. 

Drink to the lasting nights 
and those who warm our beds. 
Drink to the mead that warms our hearts 
and the cold that clears our head. 

Drink to the Wander's Eye 
for His sons are we. 
Drink to the World-Tree where he hung 
and the Runes of Mystery.

On 10/6/2016 at 2:40 PM, swils said:

"We've been good, taking time away from the spotlight.  It's refreshing to see the latest batch of up and comings go off, I think.  It wasn't so long ago that I was in their shoes, eager to go play the hero.  I think Arx took off to watch one group pay a visit to the old man's fields.  He's getting restless.  But you, how have you been?  Any word from Miirym?  I can't quite picture myself at a hundred percent if Arx had suddenly decided to go his own way."

Pocketing the gemstone, he places a Grating Stone on the table. "And thank you for that, yes it should help immensely.  I can't just take it, though--please, have this.  Gonna need as sharp a stick as you can get until you reunite with Miirym."

"No word from Miirym yet, but Glaz sent me a Z-Mail...mentioned he'd keep an eye on her.  It's not much, but it's the best I can hope for for now."  Arthur shrugs helplessly.  It was in the angel's hands now.

"Thanks, Thormanil.  I'd prefer to still be a Dragoon, but until then Skirmisher will have to do.  And speaking of pointy sticks...I should probably visit the Marketplace at some point."  Taking his new gear, Arthur looks towards the Marketplace, but does not yet leave.

Edited by Flipz

Vindsval's sonerous voice continues to reverberate through the nearly silent hall.

Drink to the truth of steel 
and blood that falls like rain. 
Drink to The Final Path  
and to our kinsmen, slain. 

Drink to the Fields of Glory 
where a man embraces death, and 
thank the gods that we live at all 
with our joyous dying breath! 

Drink for the wind blows cold and 
Drink for the Wolf runs free 
Drink to the ships with the sails like wings 
for The Wanderer's sons are we!

Karie shuffled over to Vind, guitar in hand.

"You make that tune up yourself? Can't say I've heard it before."