Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Four days after writing his letter and still no reply, Haldor was becoming glum and miserable. Haldor wished that is the elf wasn't interested she would just tell him, as leaving Haldor hanging was rather unkind.

De'kra noticed that another hero was in the hall, and seemed rather sad. "You sad?" he asked as he approached the other hero, "You need talk about sad." The shade waited to see the other's reply, curious as to what had made the hero so disheartened.

Haldor snapped out of his sadness when he noticed De'kra was talking to him.

"It's complicated, and It's sort of private anyway. But you'd probably find out anyway, what happened basicly is I wrote a letter to an elf. It was on a delicate subject and I was hoping she would have said something back. :cry_sad:"

De'kra tilted his head, and clicked, "I not understand. Why delay make you sad? Elves live long, might sense of urgency smaller. Elves live for ages, might not feel need to reply right away. Besides, there other heroes, why you need talk to this one?" Confusion leaked through the Shade's voice, unsure as to what the hero was speaking of.

"If it had just been a normal letter the delay would have been fine, but the letter was about a decicate subject. The delay for the letter probably means the elf doesn't care about it, this is what makes me sad. :sadnew:"

Sylph stood up from his mysteriously emptied cup. He had decided that simply eavesdropping on conversations vicariously through his bat was no longer an expedient use of his time. He glided over to the library and disappeared within. He came out later with various tomes, one on the political and economic history of the Hinckwell and the Shadeaux families, one a dictionary of useful herbs to which sylph muttered "incomplete," and several other books with other uses. He returned to his too-dark-to-read-at stool and began reading.

"If it had just been a normal letter the delay would have been fine, but the letter was about a decicate subject. The delay for the letter probably means the elf doesn't care about it, this is what makes me sad. :sadnew:"

Benji hears Haldor and De'kra and heads over. "Its OK, Haldor, you don't need to get so stressed up about it. You know... she is a bit older than you..."

De'kra looked puzzled and stated, "I see rogue elf who very distracted on letter days ago. Elf had irregular breathing, I not sure why. Elf had some other heroes come over to discuss letter, other heroes give advice. But what matter? Danger for you home village?"

Benji hears Haldor and De'kra and heads over. "Its OK, Haldor, you don't need to get so stressed up about it. You know... she is a bit older than you..."

"Yes she's a lot older than me, but scaled down I'm older a fair bit older than her. But thanks for the support."

De'kra looked puzzled and stated, "I see rogue elf who very distracted on letter days ago. Elf had irregular breathing, I not sure why. Elf had some other heroes come over to discuss letter, other heroes give advice. But what matter? Danger for you home village?"

"Irregular breathing? Was she happy when she read it? Oh and no, it's not dangerous, it's much more lethal than that. "

Jess sees Haldor in a cluster of heroes. Sterling herself, she walks over.

"Look Haldor; I'm flattered. But I don't know if I can handle a relationship right now..."

Seeing Haldor's dejected face, Jess's heart melts.

"Alright, you have one chance to impress me."

Jess waits to hear Haldor's reply.

Haldor jumps as he realises that Jess had entered the room. He searched his brain hurridly, trying to think of anything to impress her without sounding stupid :look:.

"Look, I may not be the strongest or the cleverest and I have never known a true friend. But I have seen more than most and know from experiance that kindness and thought will triumph over cruelty and violence."

Haldor is obviously struggling.

I know I seem pathetic to you and I am sure you have seen better but I am not a hotheaded butcher who enjoys hunting and fights. Nor do I mock people as I was mocked, I do not use my former hardship as an excuse to bully."

Edited by Scorpiox

Jess hears Haldor out, and smiles.

"Okay, Haldor. You can buy me a drink, and we'll talk."

:cry_happy:

Haldor pulls two chairs up to a table. He does his best not to blush.

"What would you like to drink? Anything you want. So, what shall we talk about?"

Edited by Scorpiox

You can buy me a drink,

:laugh::drunk:

Sorry. :pir-blush:

--------------------------------------------

Alex the Chevalier walks over to Sylph, wanting to talk to someone.

May I ask what you are so interested in?

"I'd like a mead, please. Share a duck with me?"

Jess watched as Haldor ordered the food and drinks.

"I believe that you should decide what to talk about."

Haldor orders a mead and a large duck and sits back down. He was now in one of those situations where you inevitably won't say the right thing (:tongue:).

"What sort of things do you enjoy doing? Oh and your eyes are very pretty when they sparkle :blush:."

~The Quest Board has been updated with a new quest. Also, the sign-ups for Quest#4 and #6 will end earlier.~

Jess blushed at the compliment, and took a swig of her mead to steady herself.

"I enjoy a good fight. I also love the sounds of the forest."

Leaning in closer, Jess whispered in Haldor's ear...

"I secretly love to sing."

Jess leaned back into her chair, and took another drink from her cup.

Henry reads about the new quest, but he decides not to sign up. He's neither a mage nor a knight, and he'd hate questing together with a lot of mages. Also, he had never left Eubric before and he wasn't sure about going that far for the first time. He didn't like heat, either. And he felt uneasy when giving treasures back. This Carthago possibly wouldn't be a nice place for him. He mutters silently "Cetervm censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" to himself, not exactly knowing, what those words in that ancient language meant.

De'kra noticed that the elf rogue had arrived, and now was talking to the human. The shade noticed that there was something weird about their tone, and wondered if it was a mental illness. The only thing worse than death might be missing your will, your intelligence. The human did seem to have trouble thinking. The shade sank back into corner, he would have to ask around about this.

"Yes indeed, the noise of the natural world is often relaxing and calming, unless it is the noise of an approaching blizzard obviously.

Sing? I can imagine that would be a very beautiful sound :classic: ."

Edited by Scorpiox

Sylph stood up from his mysteriously emptied cup. He had decided that simply eavesdropping on conversations vicariously through his bat was no longer an expedient use of his time. He glided over to the library and disappeared within. He came out later with various tomes, one on the political and economic history of the Hinckwell and the Shadeaux families, one a dictionary of useful herbs to which sylph muttered "incomplete," and several other books with other uses. He returned to his too-dark-to-read-at stool and began reading.

De'kra noticed another figure in the hall, some ways away from the elf and human. The shade approached the masked figure and asked, "You know of mind sickness current? Some heroes act odd."

"Aye, I've been told that my singing is nice. So tell me about yourself, Haldor."

Jess took a bite of the duck, and glanced at the shade that she and Haldor were sharing the bar with. He was staring at them. Jess felt a shiver go down her spine, and turned back to Haldor.

"You know of mind sickness current? Some heroes act odd."

Although not being addressed, Henry intervenes:

"Actually, that's called romanticism. And it is something similar to a mental sickness. By the way, I believe we haven't talked to each other yet. I'm Henry Sicariul." Henry grins at the Shade.

De'kra nodded in greeting and clicked, "I De'kra. What roam-ant-icism? Sickness only affect elves and humans, or others in danger? I not know word, but you tongue not I first. You describe roam-ant-icism?" De'krawaited, hopeful that his butchering of the common tongue of Eubic wouldn't be too hard to understand.