Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Guts is the first of the party to make it back. Moments after opening the doors to the hall, the Raider is back at his usual table, the half full bottle of red wine still in hand. It was good to be back.

Nerwen returns to the hall, the goodbyes with Hlin and the Maginistra had been rather distracted, her mind occupied with the demise of the dark general and the passing of the power of the darkstar. Walking in, she saw Guts in his usual corner, and some new heroes scattered about. With no quests listed on the board, she stepped out again to do some shopping.

Walking into the hall, I place a notice with a list of items I'm selling:

-Helmet (Artifact, headwear, SP: 1, suitable for Rogues or Clerics and their Advanced Classes)- around 20 gold

-Axe of the Croise (WP: 10) 60+ gold.

-Heavy Armour (SP5, Protects from Fragile-effect.)-130+ gold.

Returning to the hall, she posts a notice.

For sale

Enchanted Bracelet (Protects from Sealed effect, accessory) ~40g

Winged Helmet (SP:2, headwear) ~50g

Magical Tiara (+3 Ether, headwear, suitable for Ether users) ~100g

Reasonable offers accepted, terms negotiable.

Edited by Chromeknight

He looks around, still waiting for a quest. He took at the new notices and asked everyone in the room, "What can I get for 10 gold." He chuckled to himself.

Maurice returns to the hall together with his quest comrades.

Walking into the hall, I place a notice with a list of items I'm selling:

-Helmet (Artifact, headwear, SP: 1, suitable for Rogues or Clerics and their Advanced Classes)- around 20 gold

-Axe of the Croise (WP: 10) 60+ gold.

-Heavy Armour (SP5, Protects from Fragile-effect.)-130+ gold.

"As I said before, Nagure, I think that armour fitted me very well. I'll be happy to buy it from you for 130 gold."

"On second thoughts, I might have to withdraw that offer. I'm not sure it fits me at all apparently."

He looks at this man who is obviously looking for something.

"Who art thy looking for?"

The man cocks his head at the knight who appraoched him. "An old friend," comes the reply, his voice somewhat raspy. "He told me if I ever needed work, to come here." He looks around again, pausing. "I'm glad I took the offer."

Extending a rough hand, the man introduces himself, nodding. "People call me Em."

IC: De'kra turned to spot Nerwen and approached the elf. "Greetings Gali," he clicked, "It has been some time. Has your questing gone well?""

Guts walked around the Hall for a bit, there were no quests to sign up for. The demonspawn, Dek'ra was in the hall, and there were several new heroes, but Guts didn't care about any of them. Finally the Raider walked up to Maurice. and asked:

"You up for a fight in the Arena, holy man?"

Guts walked around the Hall for a bit, there were no quests to sign up for. The demonspawn, Dek'ra was in the hall, and there were several new heroes, but Guts didn't care about any of them. Finally the Raider walked up to Maurice. and asked:

"You up for a fight in the Arena, holy man?"

"Not really. I don't see the purpose of fighting for other's amusement. I'm going to eat a meal and then return to the Temple of Ennoc for some time,I got some questions I must meditate over."

"Amusement? I was thinking practice, holy man. But fair enough, good luck."

The Raider went back up to his table, the other heroes present in the hall didn't really look like they would have a decent chance against him anyways. Perhaps he would swing my Byblos later...

I walk hall several hours after the others, pushing the doors open and taking care to check around for any sort of monster or creature. The reason for my delay was a detour, and for some reason I couldn't help but think that some rather nasty things were going down in Eubric. it was like a force that gnawed at me always, too small to take care of but big enough to notice... Bah. Perhaps just after effects of exposure to the Darkstar. My Heroica career had recently come full circle, and with it I decided to dwell on the past a bit. My first two quests were, in the end, trainwrecks. Byverion got away, and the Fantome forced us to heel... but the fantome was defeated, and my work with Byverion was done.

Desperately needing some catharsis, I take up a ink-slathered quill and set to work. The other heroes around me could see me meticulously sketching out details of what appeared to be a young man, perhaps 16 or 17 in his age.

GZobyEc.png

He was tall and lanky, but proud in posture. His head was draped in a white covering and his body in black robes. Tied to his back was a a rod of sorts - an oaken sparring pole.

I heave a sigh as the picture is completed.

Little bit of roleplaying! if any 52ers could come and converse, it'd be great. :thumbup:

Edited by Endgame

Guts was walking over to the bar to get a new bottle of wine. When he saw the undead sketching, he decided to watch, when Sorrow was finished, the Raider said:

"Not too bad. Someone you know? Or what you would like to be like?"

Edited by Scubacarrot

"Neither, I'm afraid. It was what I was. Meet... Vitus. or, as he goes by now: Sorrow.

As I said before, Guts... I wasn't always this... this thing I am right now."

Though the hood conceals it, I smile a bittersweet smile

"Hah... It is amazing what what, 410 years or so, does to you. Both body and mind." I gingerly tap the headcloth around the illustration's head, taking care not to smudge the ink "This? i think I wore something like this about once, maybe twice. Probably didn't wear one for more then 10 minutes... but it as close as I can get." I heave a sigh. "I can't even remember his - my - face anymore.

Maybe your second guess was closer than I thought, Guts..."

Edited by Endgame

"I thought you said you died when you were six months old. I won't hold it against you, you're not the only one who lies about their origin sometimes. Like yourself, this wasn't who I always was."

Guts sat back, the undead was an enigma. It, or he, was the first undead Guts had seen or even heard of that had a true own will, although it could be entirely possible some mage was controlling him one way or the other. Also, it could be healed by conventional methods. That told Guts that this one was not in fact a servant of the cold lady Helvetia, or Zoot the dark one. It seemed the Gods did not see this one as their enemy, and that deserved some attention, at least.

Edited by Scubacarrot

I glare at the Raider.

"It wasn't a lie. I only had 6 natural months on this world. The Necromancer who brought me back... he didn't want a slave. He didn't want a mindless thrall to carry out his wishes.Hhe wanted to bring somone back as they once were, to give people who were denied a full life a second chance. Most necromancers can summon an average undead with the snap of the finger - bringing back a being with actual life, able to grow and develop, can take several days. There was at least two dozen of undead like I - brought back to live a life of prosperity, not a life of enslavement and servivitude.

I used to look like a living person in every way possible... Until... that one day..."

Guts raised an eyebrow, and put his hands on the table, he answered, choosing his words very carefully:

"Look. What you are suggesting is not possible. There is a tale, rooted here in Eubric about the very thing you are talking about. One of the founders of Heroica, I don't know his true name, but he was called the Miracle Worker. He wanted to bring back people from the death, as they really were. He was the most gifted Healer in the whole world and probably one of the most gifted users of magic in general in his time. He couldn't do it. It drove him mad. People can't be brought back from the death. Their corpses can be animated, but nothing more. The only undead with a free mind I know of are vampires, and while I don't know much, stories tell me they are very different, and do not grow. Obviously you are different, but what you said... is impossible. When a person dies, their soul, their essence, is no longer on this world, and it's impossible to bring them back."

Edited by Scubacarrot

"Even for a group of highly talented Necromancers all doing it at once? There are always exceptions. I would not have thought it was possible for something as the Darkstar to have existed, or something as hideous at the Wither to have exist. But look where we are now."

Guts shakes his head:

"There is no such thing as reanimation without consequence. Remember that."

Edited by Scubacarrot

This Raider seems to have a decent amount of knowledge on necromancy... why?

"Have you had experience with a necromancer before, Guts?"

He looked around and was happy.

"Nice to see this lonesome hall finally filled with chit-chatter. Does all of this talking mean a new quest coming up?"

IC: De'kra turned to spot Nerwen and approached the elf. "Greetings Gali," he clicked, "It has been some time. Has your questing gone well?""

My heart sings to see thee, De'kra. I have thought of you at times after our quest to find Shaun. My latest quest has gone well. We have ridded the world of a dark and evil force. But like all these things, there are unanswered questions. And to do it we released a fearsome and powerful seamonster. I wonder if Neron will forgive us that.

As for now, I have the opportunity for further training as a hero. My path is not fixed yet though. Since you are here, perhaps you might tell me more of this Gali that I remind you of?

IC: De'kra nodded and clicked, "As I may have mention, I people only really knew one god, Mata-Nui. He was world around us, we live inside him. But despite his power, he was...vulnerable. All too vulnerable. So an evil jealous creature of shadow unleashed a sickness, that sent Mata-Nui into a deep sleep. My people fled away, taking refuge on my island home. For one thousand years they live there, as Mata-Nui...got worse. But then one day, six heroes washed upon the island shore."

Continuing he explained, "They were Toa Mata, it mean heroes of spirit in I tongue. They were all destined to reawaken Mata-Nui, to save his life. Tahu led the team, hothead warrior who learn to curb his anger and think over years. Kopaka was his deputy, a loner and rival but a great friend to those that accept him. Lena was prankster, often getting into trouble. Onua was full of wisdom, and often had to save Lewa. Pohatu was pleasent happy hero, and only one Kopaka would call friend, if only privately. And then there was Gali.

De'kra concluded, "Gali was one of wisest of Toa Mata, with command over water. When the Toa went their separate ways after gaining immense power she alone worried that they were strongest together. She was heart of team in many ways, and healer as well. She was also one who...realize something was wrong when Toa Mata try to save Mata-Nui life. And it was wrong...so very wrong."

De'kra shook his head of such thoughts, before clicking, "By way, have you ever heard of something called Doors of Chaos. I receive word from heroes on quest against Wren, and they are part of her plan to usurp Zoot.

~A new quest has been posted on the Quest Board (#56 by Endgame, geared towards novice heroes)!~