Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

"Greeting Healer, how are you? Sorry about I leave suddenly earlier, it was rude."

Actually, Nerwen did leave and went to the market. But clearly is back now!

I did not think you rude little one, I understood that you needed to train with that mage. I have been spending some time in the library, reading up on what the others got up to in Dastan. So much we did not know at the time! I now regret the decision to let Emeraldo live somewhat. His speech was not as full of truth as I originally though. Nothing to be done about it now though. I wonder if we will see him again. Did you know he had the crown of his I was carrying stolen back? The thief was nice enough to leave gold in it's place, so I am not sure if really is theft. But it is the idea that counts.

She pauses, taking in De'kra's new appearance.

Seems that you have taken a step up, that you are now committed to hurting enemies quickly and painfully. I must admit I am surprised. I had thought that your compassionate nature would drive you towards learning how to heal.

Nerwen's words trail off, worried she had offended the small rogue.

She then pulls out a short flute, a gift from a partner long ago.

Ah well. You know that elves are a musical race. This was a gift from a ... friend. Let us make music and ease the troubles of the world a while.

After some time she asks

Are you also going to help the poor girl who needs assistance finding her friend?

Edited by Chromeknight

IC: De'kra nodded sadly and clicked, "I know, Assassins really only good for kill people. I would rather heal. But thing is, only class descend from Rogue that can heal is witch. Wren is reason enough not to want to be witch, but very nature of class feel wrong to I. Witches poison foes, give them long and slow death. They might heal their allies, but to their foes they give torture death."

"Raiders feel too corrupt for I to use," he continued, "and Black Knights seem like bullies. Sorcerers are better, and I thought about be one for time. But I kind of...uncomfortable about Ether. Way they control elements just seem...wrong to I. I people control elements in different way, more...intimate? Hero had only one element to control, but they could wield it much more powerfully. Like heroes of fire not only shoot flames, but could absorb fire, warm things, absorb heat to freeze things, create constant light, and much more. Sorcerer would just feel...wrong and not specialize."

"Final reason," concluded De'kra softly, "Heroica seem all about kill foes. Sure we paid to help people, but most of we quests are just massacre enemies. As Assassin, at least I can give them quick, hopefully painless death. And Assassin is also descend from Ranger, I can live and that. I wish I had Animal Talk, but I suppose spirit of it will be good enough. It not really good, but really there are no good advance classes for rogue. Every class seem to be dark and grim, except for sorcerer. I probably should have chosen better basic class."

"But of course I go to help that person," he said, "I might not understand most of Olegaia, but I understand friendship. It relation between others, bonds forge by time, familiarity, and hardships. Friendship is to care for others, and for them to care back. Friendship give we others to rely on, and strength to stand strong. It separates evil from good, but I go on. Hopefully

I new abilities will help I find her friend."

"By way..." clicked De'kra, "as I said I...not understand Olegaia very well. I get some things, but other parts confuse I. You seem to understand many things, so perhaps you could explain something that constantly confuse I? When I first saw it I though it was disease, since everyone effected seem to become irrational, switch between obsession and depression. Then wise Sage I knew said it natural part of humans and other races, and that he would explain it later. Unfortunately we have not had chance to meet up since. And one person did try to explain it, but he did it in conflict confuse way. So I still confuse about it, and without proper explanation I just seem to cause tension. So...you think you can explain what love is? Because it concept I people lack?"

OOC: hopefully the class thing makes sense.

Much to everyone's surprise, a goat stepped into the hall, carrying a note in it's mouth. It said:

"Cinna the Dark

Namyrra Uq

Benji Carvenhall

You three have been chosen to face the Fields of Glory next. Please follow this goat to my farm.

~ Old Mack Donauld"

Cinna watches the goat with the note. ( :laugh: )

"Namyrra, Benji, are we ready to go? Actually I think I need to stop by the marketplace. I've heard there's not much time to rest in the fields and, well, I don't want to pass out. I don't have much gold, but no reason to not spend it, right? I'll meet you two at the farm!"

She heads to the door and stops momentarily to pat the goat on the head, careful to miss the horns.

"Little goat friend, we will be along shortly."

"Namyrra, Benji, are we ready to go? Actually I think I need to stop by the marketplace. I've heard there's not much time to rest in the fields and, well, I don't want to pass out. I don't have much gold, but no reason to not spend it, right? I'll meet you two at the farm!"

"Cinna, I'm mostly ready, just need to run by the marketplace too, so why don't we just head drop by the marketplace on our way to the fields?"

Nerwen nodded.

I understand your choice. There are examples which give witch a bad name. You are right perhaps. A quick death is a merciful one.

You've never played De'kra as a very roguish rogue, and you made your base class choice before the advanced classes were published. I chose cleric because they were in short supply rather than it being my top choice roleplaywise. And the cleric advanced classes are a bit limiting from a roleplay point of view too. So I sympathize.

I am glad that you will be on the quest. Perhaps we might have the chance to work together.

Nerwen laughed in a friendly way at the rogue's next question.

Yes I am experienced, or you might say old...I have seen more than two hundred summers. I can remember each of them with effort and meditation. So, I have a point of view different to most in the hall.

Ah, love. It is a complex thing. But I think you know more of it than you realise. You just call it other things.One of my old teachers explained it this way to me.

There are four kinds of loves, he said, just like there are four elements. He was speaking a long while ago, we both know there are more than four, but anyway.

The first love is like water, it flows around us all the time. We cannot live long without it. It is the love that directs us. He called it affection. You know it, you said earlier that you like to heal and that you do not like witches. This is a kind of love, an affinity for the good and a rejection of the bad. This love is the love of duty, where we are drawn to what we must do by the things we value.

The second love is like rock. Sometimes solid and enduring, but when broken, like sand, does not carry much weight. Again, you know this love, friendship. The bond between one another based on mutual acceptance and shared goals. This is the love that brings unity, of people standing together to build a common future.

The third love is, I think, the one that confuses you. It is a love like fire. And that is why you describe it as a disease. In some ways it is, a burning of the heart. But as fire can rage out of control, so to can it be focused, contained and brought to work, like in a forge. This is a love that animates and propels people forward. Especially humans who do not live all that long and desperately seek intense emotional connection quickly. Sometimes they use bodies rubbing together to generate a heat like this love, but it does not always work. Elves, and I suspect your race, do not burn in the same way, not so flagrant or brief, but longer and in the end hotter in intensity. You will find this love in time, as you find others who understand you, who are glad of your presence and your point of view, who value you not just for your weapon but for your spirit.

You might think I have said all there is to say on love, but there is a higher love still. And it is the very air we breathe. Without it we would quickly perish. It is love without conditions. A selfless love that lifts the object loved. As an Elf, I know this love from the gods. They created the elves, as you know, but my teacher taught that they created each of us individually, that we are known to them personally. And that they have orchestrated the music of the world to provide us with everything we need to be come what we are destined by them to be. And we are destined to have the same love for others. Not that we can so order the world, but that we can give of ourselves freely, without expectation of repayment, for the betterment of others. Do my words resonate with what you have seen De'kra? Does my answer help you understand more of Olegaia?

Also, sorry for taking so long to reply! Busy day. But as you can see from the length of response, its a question I enjoyed addressing.

Edited by Chromeknight

OOC: well worth the wait

IC: De'kra nodded slowly and clicked, "...you explain things very well...I think I can understand parts of it. Love of water make most sense, maybe because it basic. Duty and Unity very important to I people, they are part of Three Virtues. Yes I can understand that love. Love of rock little harder, but still easy. It like rock love, just more refine? I...wish I had ask you earlier, it could have solve many problems."

"If love of air solely absolute duty I know that too," he added after a downcast pause, "...I people call it Principle of Faith. It trust in your allies, and trust that all end well?"

"While love of fire," he continued cautiously and concerened, "it relationship between you and true ally, one who you trust above all? One who fought along you against great odds, one who you know will protect you, even from yourself? Ally who know how to make you happy, but can help you recover when you sad? Is this right? If that right I think I knew heroes back home like that."

The echo sighed and clicked, "Sorry for I obvious questions, you explain very well. I...ch-ch-ch..I just not sure I was built to understand all of this. I...I people's creators; I suppose they were we gods, they did not intend much for we. We were...not suppose to enact much beyond jobs. We were not suppose to...think. Only reason I people are people is because of...error? And we only found that out recently, after thousands of thousands of years of confuse belief. I people not have best relationship and gods I suppose, Great Beings never really help we after they make we. One was ice, but he never check on we. Only one of I gods really look after we, and he...he..."

De'kra fell silent as his eyes turned to his emotional green. Almost silent anyway. Finally all the talk of Wren stealing a god's power, of heroes talking of their dieties, of Olegaia itself, all of it crashed upon him like mighty flood, washing him down in grief.

Edited by Tanma

Cryov strolled into Heroica Hall acting quite calmly for entering Heroica Hall for the first time. Calm yet oblivious

“Hello? “ He called to a stranger which just brushed him aside.

“Excuse me do you have a moment?” The adventurer looked at him and laughed.

“It seems like everyone has their own problems.” He quietly mumbled to himself. He let out a hefty sigh.

He noticed an abnormally large clump of people gathered at one part of the Hall. He decided to see what all the hub bubs' about.

Through pushing and shoving (and stepping on peoples toes) He made his way to the front.

There was a piece of wood attached to a wall. That read: QUEST BOARD

“Hmm I’ll check back on this later.” He said to himself before getting pushed out of the crowd.

“So much for a warm welcome…” He muttered to himself. While brushing his robes off.

Edited by Cryos

Nerwen kept track of all his questions. His keenness was endearing. But when he stopped speaking she got a sense of the huge dislocation De'kra felt. His... lostness.

Your questions are worthy Kiirar, they put you on the right path. But is seems you seek more than simply answers. I do not know how you came to be here, nor do I know if you can return, or even if you wish to.

Nerwen sighed, seeing her friend's distress and pain.

No world is easy to live in, this one more so than most. There are times it feels like we are making it up as we go along. But if this is so it is cause for hope, not despair. The ending is not yet written, or if it is, it is written in on a sandy floor and can be swept in a new direction by our own actions.

Nerwen paused, her words hung in the air. She recalled another of her teachers' sayings

It is hard to hear when one's heart hurts.

Nerwen sat beside De'kra. Quietly, companionably.

IC: De'kra was silent for a time, before clicking sadly, "It kind of sad-funny. I people's homeland not perfect, we had many conflict. There once was civil war, which only Ed when third party fed two sides leaders to feral beasts. Screams could be heard echo for hours. Also, I people may be stronger and have longer life than humans, but I people have less secure memories. Entire city lost all their memories, and settlements lost major memories too. Likewise powerful organization intend to protect and build for I people became jealous of we heroes, and purge I world of heroes. And then leader of that organization...."

"But even and all I world's problems," he clicked after a pause, "I love? it and miss it. It just have different attitude than Olegaia. Olegaia seem to be about how everyone has evil, and that everyone look out for themselves. Back home it more like everyone has good in them, and that others come first. Mistakes were made, and many evil not care about society, but it just not as negative. For instance, I peoples' heroes had this code. One of its laws was simply not to kill, no matter what. There were exceptions, but for most part heroes were to capture or seal foes. And that code something that define I people. One, heroes refuse to sink to level of evil, refuse to slaughter. And two, I people's heroes could be trust by populous. Since heroes could show restraint to evil doers, citizens knew that heroes would not abuse their power, and thus citizens were more will to help heroes. I know we spare Rolando, but I people would have found ways to imprison his guards too. Attitude of I home at worse seem...hopeful? And I just not feel that from Uland, and only feel it little bit in Dastan. I not sure how place can have personality, it just how it feel."

Nerwen nodded.

I understand your choice. There are examples which give witch a bad name. You are right perhaps. A quick death is a merciful one.

You've never played De'kra as a very roguish rogue, and you made your base class choice before the advanced classes were published. I chose cleric because they were in short supply rather than it being my top choice roleplaywise. And the cleric advanced classes are a bit limiting from a roleplay point of view too. So I sympathize.

I am glad that you will be on the quest. Perhaps we might have the chance to work together.

Nerwen laughed in a friendly way at the rogue's next question.

Yes I am experienced, or you might say old...I have seen more than two hundred summers. I can remember each of them with effort and meditation. So, I have a point of view different to most in the hall.

Ah, love. It is a complex thing. But I think you know more of it than you realise. You just call it other things.One of my old teachers explained it this way to me.

There are four kinds of loves, he said, just like there are four elements. He was speaking a long while ago, we both know there are more than four, but anyway.

The first love is like water, it flows around us all the time. We cannot live long without it. It is the love that directs us. He called it affection. You know it, you said earlier that you like to heal and that you do not like witches. This is a kind of love, an affinity for the good and a rejection of the bad. This love is the love of duty, where we are drawn to what we must do by the things we value.

The second love is like rock. Sometimes solid and enduring, but when broken, like sand, does not carry much weight. Again, you know this love, friendship. The bond between one another based on mutual acceptance and shared goals. This is the love that brings unity, of people standing together to build a common future.

The third love is, I think, the one that confuses you. It is a love like fire. And that is why you describe it as a disease. In some ways it is, a burning of the heart. But as fire can rage out of control, so to can it be focused, contained and brought to work, like in a forge. This is a love that animates and propels people forward. Especially humans who do not live all that long and desperately seek intense emotional connection quickly. Sometimes they use bodies rubbing together to generate a heat like this love, but it does not always work. Elves, and I suspect your race, do not burn in the same way, not so flagrant or brief, but longer and in the end hotter in intensity. You will find this love in time, as you find others who understand you, who are glad of your presence and your point of view, who value you not just for your weapon but for your spirit.

You might think I have said all there is to say on love, but there is a higher love still. And it is the very air we breathe. Without it we would quickly perish. It is love without conditions. A selfless love that lifts the object loved. As an Elf, I know this love from the gods. They created the elves, as you know, but my teacher taught that they created each of us individually, that we are known to them personally. And that they have orchestrated the music of the world to provide us with everything we need to be come what we are destined by them to be. And we are destined to have the same love for others. Not that we can so order the world, but that we can give of ourselves freely, without expectation of repayment, for the betterment of others. Do my words resonate with what you have seen De'kra? Does my answer help you understand more of Olegaia?

Also, sorry for taking so long to reply! Busy day. But as you can see from the length of response, its a question I enjoyed addressing.

"What a bunch of dirty, unfiltered, filthy demon dung.

Love is emotional baggage. Nothing more. Everlasting bliss my decayed left foot. "

I pull up my sleeve all the way, revealing a deep stab wound in my shoulder.

"What an overrated trend love is. It bears more resemblance to the bubonic plague then hapiness: It spreads fast and always causes misery. No love is everlasting. The love, or the ones carrying it, will always die. I learned this the hard way - stop trifling with the insidious disease, lest you fall victim to the same fate."

I was disgusted by those words - disgusted enough to briefly see through my madness to reply. I'm still shaking and twitcihing, however, as the screams replay over, and over, and over...

"Helvetia have mercy..." I mumble.

Guts, first of the party to be back, opened the doors to the Hall, walked in without looking at the Quest Board, any patrons or even Scheherazade. He walked straight through to his usual table, the mess he left before leaving now dusty, layed his head down, and fell alseep. He was surprisingly tired, after spending so much time in a dreamlike state.

Still a little groggy after awaking from a month in a dream brought upon me by a mysterious powder, I enter the Hall. I have trades to negotiate and purchases to make, but, scanning the crowd of heroes present, I realize that Thormanil, whom I knew from my journey to Salmanda, is out on a quest. U'Or and Daneeka claimed to have fed me while I was in the dream, but my stomach feels empty and my mouth dry. Picking up a cup of tea and some roasted meat, I settle down at a table to wait.

IC: De'kra's emerald gaze ignited, before the first voice to speak to him commented;

"Fire needs kindling to keep burning."

The echo tremored briefly, as his mind analyzed the metaphor. Finally he forced his eyes back to an icy blue, crystalline and glistening. After a pause the echo clicked, "I apologize Nerwen, I have spoke and complain lot about I, and not hear enough about you. If it not rude to ask, what was your past like?"

OOC: You know, when thinking of Sorrow I really notice how different the voices that De'kra hears are to voices other heroes hear. For one their origins are probably different, and two De'kra's voices are pretty nice. The second voice is a little blunt, but both are good people who care about others.

Thothwick enters the Hall, after tirelessly scouring the city, and it's surrounding areas.

"Curse you. Curse you, Orang Pendek."

[Labweh 2:27 - 'Orang Pendek loves you as he loved Orang Mawas'. If that's true, you must be a terrible father; you're not showing me such emotions.]

Thothwick sat down on chair, shifting uncomfortably.

[What was Bluto? Foreshadowing? He was but a child. What did we do yours? We revered them]

Thothwick stood back up, pacing the Hall.

[Did I offended you, you feckless oaf? Was saving another Metasimian from a life in captivity an affront to your name? I've help thwart Wren twice, saved an elderly woman from a coma, defeated the dreaded Chimera, campaigned for U'kin rights, ended the war in Dastan, returned the Dragons to their former glory? Was none of it enough to warrant reward? None of it? You and your punishments be damned, I have done nothing but serve you, and this was how you chose to repay me?]

A familiar voice was then heard from the saloon above.

[What's all the commotion about?]

Immediately, Thothwick rushed up to greet Hoptet.

[Where were you?]

[i might as you the same question. I arrived back here couple of days ago, after going out on the town with Scaro and Byblos. Woke up in the hovels, and according to Scheherazade, missed you by a couple of minutes.]

[This is... when did you decide to wait for me?]

"Five minutes after you left."

And with those five words, the couple warmly re-embraced eachother in the candlelight.

"Helvetia have mercy..." I mumble.

A new speaker enters the conversation. Clearly he had been listening to the quiet conversation between De'kra and herself. No matter. Nothing she had said was secret, or couldn't be found in any elvish library.

Though his words were... anguished. Turning to see who had spoken Nerwen sees a hero (for she assumed if he was in the hall that was his intent), whom she had not seen before. Wrapped in dark robes and covered from head to foot. His voice raspy and unmusical.

The conversation was not directed at you. But you are welcome to join. Though you seem to carry great issues with the topic. Is there some event that causes you to rail so unnaturally against what I have said?

Speaking to De'kra she said.

I know what you mean. Hope seems to be a rare commodity here in Eubric. As for my past there is much to tell. I will tell some of my tales, but perhaps we should get a drink first?

Pause on reply because I don't have time now to write a full answer. One is coming! Promise.

Edited by Chromeknight

"Was the knife wound not testament enough for you? Let's say that that was our divorce ceremony. It was about a week after we got engaged.

Or do you still require further detail?"

IC: De'kra nodded to Nerwen, even as the thin person rambled on. The words he spat were...meaningless, sure the entity's attempt for an alliance was met with betrayal, if his side of the story is correct, but why should that matter too much? Friendship won't need a political alliance to function, if they needed to formally ally then they were probably not true friends. And ending their coalition with a blade only confirms it. Why was the thin entity so bitter about totally unconnected things? Perhaps Nerwen would explain it later.

OOC: Completely off topic this is, but new Viinurify amv!

OOC: In explaination, marriage equates itself to political union in De'kra's mind, it has nothing to do with love. I blame 2005.

I see a look of confusion twist across the creatures face.

"I'll make myself clearer. I wanted to marry someone. I loved her. She saw I was undead one night when my face peeled off. Stabbing ensued."

Edited by Endgame

OOC: De'kra really has no face, his eyes don't even change shape. All they do is change color. But I suppose he could have tilted his head in confusion.

IC: "That makes very little sense," De'kra clicked neutrally, "why organize political union if you already friends? It just seem over complicate to I, why formalize union if you already allies? It like hero and Arthron turn on light, redundent."

"I'm going to give you the beneift of the doubt you are foreign and not delusional. Here, in Eubric, marriage is supposed to be a symbol of eternal friendship and love.

In retrospect, I was stupid to even consider the option.

IC: De'kra shrugged and turned away, mentally adding his to the list of heroe who were unpleaseant to be around. It was...odd that in Eubric an official message was needed to show strong friendship, especially in a society with no central government. Eubric seemed too..wild, to care about that sort of thing. But why else woukld someone make an official statement about something they already knew, if not to prove it to others?

CURRENT SIGN-UPS:

Quest#44: My Best Friend

1. Raven Ashcroft (Raven Brickroft)

2. Dreyrugr (Vash the Stampede)

3. Cinna the Dark (darkdragon)

4. Erik Tyrvarr (Myrddyn)

5. Mizuki Kimura (zakura)

6. Namyrra Uq (Quarryman)

7. Sir Christopher Daggerfall (Fred Fred Burger)

8. Thalion Dwinlas (-obelix-)

9. William Harkenshire (VolcanicPanik)

10. Nerwen Calmcacil (Chromeknight)

11. Benji Carvenhall (Flare)

12. De’kra (Tanma)

13. Alexander Vandangant (Wedge09)

14. Sarick Lanse (Xarrzan)

Note that everyone who have signed up will be chosen, so if you prefer to play in Quest#47 or the Unlimited Quest, please remove your sign up.

There will be three or four battles in this quest, but since there are so many players, they might take longer than usual, so please take that into a count as well.

I see a look of confusion twist across the creatures face.

"I'll make myself clearer. I wanted to marry someone. I loved her. She saw I was undead one night when my face peeled off. Stabbing ensued."

You are nwalmaer?

Nerwen makes a sour face and a hissing noise from the back of her throat. Surprising the others around her with it's expressiveness.

From your story, it seems that you were such already before becoming involved with her. And she didn't know? Because you did not tell her? You can hardly have loved her and kept that from her.

But if you did love her, truly then you can not say that love dies, if those who are dead still love.

If love dies with dead then the dead do not love and you are not able to speak knowledgeably about love.

Which is it, Unguer?

Forgive the insults rendered in Elvish, don't worry about translating them, the meaning is evident contextually. Nerwen (and the elves that she was raised by) do not distinguish between dead and undead. They have no issue with something dead still moving, animated by magic. But that thing is still dead, unless it is resurrected and hence, no longer dead. The antipathy she expresses is a function of viewing her gods as gods of order and civilization. The moving dead are... not ordered, not natural. I'm sure Sorrow is used to such a reaction. Of course, Nerwen doesn't know Sorrow's whole story...yet

Edited by Chromeknight