Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Eric was sitting at the bar. What looked like to be a fun drinking game turned out to be a drag. No one had tried to hit on a female Elf, nor did they want to buy rounds of free beer. His only chance of getting to drink some beer now rested with one of the newcomers that had come in, bearing news of the marketplace. It was a shady type of person, if Eric was lucky, this could be the shuriken-throwing fake-Crusader he was waiting for. Keeping his hopes up that it was indeed such a rare event that befell the Heroica Hall, Eric already ordered five beers in advance, as per the rules of the Heroica Drinking Game. The Nord observed the situation, eagerly awaiting its outcome.

Nice to meet you, Mr. Docken. I'm Trotter, fellow Ranger, but not from a forest. What is a fake-Crusader-spotter?"

Ah, so we are all rangers, I just noticed, a fake crusader spotter is one that spots people who look like crusaders, oh darn I can't explain.

Schnezarade, mind if you fetch me some water?

EDIT: Wait, what? Hitting on female elves? Where on Eubric did you hear that? *oh2*

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

"What shall we talk about then i miei amici?

The untrustworthiness of heros who think that Crusaders that throw shurikans.

What is a fake-Crusader-spotter?"

Someone who can tell the difference between a true Crusader and a shurikan-throwing imposter.

Ah, so we are all rangers, I just noticed, a fake crusader spotter is one that spots people who look like crusaders, oh darn I can't explain.

Schnezarade, mind if you fetch me some water?

EDIT: Wait, what? Hitting on female elves? Where on Eubric did you hear that? *oh2*

OOC: The rules are here. :tongue:

The untrustworthiness of heros who think that Crusaders that throw shurikans.

EXACTLY, no one should trust a liar. Don't agree?

EDIT:

OOC: The rules are here. :tongue:

Then who makes the first move?

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

The doors of the hall opened with with a resounding crash. An Orc stepped in, carrying a greataxe almost the size of himself and a strangely coloured mohawk. He did not look as if he would like to be mocked about his choice of hairstyle, though...

He clenched his fist, thrust it in the air and proclaimed with a booming voice: "I am Grush, Son of Urgrann, sent from the Tribe of the Mammoth to help with your problems and troubles to improve the relation between the Orcs and the people that make their home in the Eubric Freeport!" His voice and gestures were rough, but full of confidence and he continued further into the hall, inspecting the people gathered there with measuring, but not unfriendly glances.

img2649he.jpg

Breaks out of a sound sleep she fell into while studying fighting techniques. Perhaps it was the warm fire or the boring reading, either way at least she feels rested now.

Heading upstairs to the bar to order some food and drink, she spots the man who she believes gave her a hug last night though she didn't respond at the time since she was already falling asleep. He is already sitting with some other adventurers and conversing so she doesn't disturb him, but makes a mental note to introduce herself later.

"One cheese and bread meal please, a mug of milk too if you have any.", she asks the barkeep when she is approached.

EXACTLY, no one should trust a liar. Don't agree?

I agree. :sweet:

Then who makes the first move?

I'm no drinking man, so it won't be me. Does anyone el-

Yesterday's Crusader-imposter barges in. "I'm a Knight!", says he. (drink! :drunk: ) The soldier forces his way through the crowd, hitting aside a female elf (drink! :drunk: ) as he makes his way to the bar and calls out, "I'd like to buy a pint of ale!" (drink! :drunk: ) In a drunken stupor, he utters something about finding his long-lost brother (drink! :drunk: ) and leaves, chucking a shurikan at nothing in particular. (drink! :drunk: )

I agree. :sweet:

I'm no drinking man, so it won't be me. Does anyone el-

Yesterday's Crusader-imposter barges in. "I'm a Knight!", says he. (drink! :drunk: ) The soldier forces his way through the crowd, hitting aside a female elf (drink! :drunk: ) as he makes his way to the bar and calls out, "I'd like to buy a pint of ale!" (drink! :drunk: ) In a drunken stupor, he utters something about finding his long-lost brother (drink! :drunk: ) and leaves, chucking a shurikan at nothing in particular. (drink! :drunk: )

I am speechless...

Bacari pours a bit of green powder into water and starts slowly stirring the water with his crossbow bolts.

In case anyone was suspicious, "Never hurts to be prepared for another ninja crusader."

Eric's face brightened up. He chuckled. Not only did a fake-Crusading Knight barge in, he also happened to throw a shuriken AND buy beer, which was free. On top of that, he also rambled some drunk gibberish story about a long-lost brother.

As required by the rules of the game. Eric chugged down a huge quantity of alcohol, downing one beer after the other.

"Am I winning?," he said, wiping some beer off his chin and smiling satisfied.

Eric's face brightened up. He chuckled. Not only did a fake-Crusading Knight barge in, he also happened to throw a shuriken AND buy beer, which was free. On top of that, he also rambled some drunk gibberish story about a long-lost brother.

As required by the rules of the game. Eric chugged down a huge quantity of alcohol, downing one beer after the other.

"Am I winning?," he said, wiping some beer off his chin.

Apparently someone thinks hit on female elves. :hmpf: So if they insist, Misses Orc barlady, get me something to drink! Don't they no that happens after the heroic quest? :hmpf:

The shadowy man and his bat had long since departed from the table at which they had been sitting. The paranoid ranger had quickly become distracted and was now stirring a poison with his crossbow bolts. Sylph had instead taken to sulking in a corner, eyeing all who entered. Most hadn't noticed him. The newcomers piled in one after another each becoming involved with the ruckus transpiring around the drinking table in their own special ways. Although many were dressed in a peculiar fashion with unique stories, one being in particular aroused Sylph's usually quiescent interests. She appeared to be a mage with her long black robe and mystic attitude, but just by looking at her and the way that shadows shifted at her will, Sylph could tell that she was more than that. He sensed un-earthly power, which intrigued him.

Sylph pulled the hood off of his sheen-less metal helmet and began the tiresome task of approaching her from across the crowded room. It was a quest in and of itself.

"Come drink wiff us!" shouted a gaudy green ranger with an eyepatch, "There's no way that Barbarian will get the best of me!"

Bacari the ranger from before seemed frustrated with his rowdy pall, but ordered a drink nonetheless.

Finally, Sylph made it through the crowd, but couldn't seem to find the mysterious three-eyed mage who had been there just seconds before.

"Come drink wiff us!" shouted a gaudy green ranger with an eyepatch, "There's no way that Barbarian will get the best of me!"

You must be mistaken. I don't drink.

Turning around, Sylph realized that he was mistaken when he thought to himself that he saw a gaudy green eye-patched ranger ask him to drink. The person in question was neither a ranger nor a player character, but rather the same crusader from before who had returned wearing a green hat and an eye-patch, missing the irony of himself taking part in the drinking game, but reveling in the ale nonetheless.

"I'd like to buy another pint!" he called to the annoyed waitress.

Disgusted, Sylph went back to looking for the shadow mage.

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Silently sitting alone in the corner Namyrra for the umpteenth time today felt grateful for the Fenarian elders who insisted on the acolytes spending 256 years learning to be patient, clearly the training was necessary to be able to live among the younger races for any period of time. But now she felt the time had come for her to act. Carefully she stood and made her way to the quest board, before very deliberately putting down her name next to Quest 3: The Missing Matriarch, after which she returned to her corner to continue studying the scrolls of Ares the All-father, master of magic and patron of Fenarian mages.

Hybros spots the Mage, Namyrra, stride in. She has a distinct aura of darkness surrounding her, he thought. Much like my people.

"Hello", Hybros said to the new arrival. "Your homeland... what's it like there?".

And you wouldn't happen to know a Rehctu Bmij, would you? :tongue:

Tesni opened the door as widly as it was opened quickly.

"AH! Sea Air! It is not quite the mountains but it does freshen the head!" Her hair was still wet from a drenching in the sea. The driyness of her clothes hinted secrets that shall not be shared :wink:

"Please, bread and small beer? Surely a good snack for a sea swimming barbarian!"

Tesni searched the room for her earlier drinking companions.

Glances at the quest board and decide to put her name down for Quest #3

She notices again that the bar is much fuller now.

Walks over to the bar.

"Could I have a roast chicken and a wine?"

Takes both from the barkeep and walks over to a table and begins her meal.

Eric slowly pushed open the door and calmy stepped in the Heroica Hall again. He had done some shopping and had caught a fresh breath. He mind was clear again, though his veins most likely still pumped more alcohol than actual blood through them. He caught a glimpse of Tesni, her hair dripping. Having met her before, Eric decided to join her at her table. As the scent of freshly served food filled his nostrils, the Nord was once again hungry and ordered a meal himself.

"How was the swim? I take it wasn't that bad since you look replenished with energy once again. See, the lowlands aren't that bad," Eric smiled, "enjoy your meal, by the way".

He lifted his glass of ale and winked at his table companion before drinking it, finishing it to the bottom.

"Yum, the food looks delicious as always" the Nord said as Scheherazade placed a steaming plate of hot food under his nose.

"The swimming was good, not like the lakes in the high up, warmer here. The sea is good when it isn't snapping at your heels! I did swim daily, seems a good thing to do here too."

She glanced around the room

"Plenty of new faces since we left."

CURRENT SIGN-UPS:

Quest #1: Harvest Time

1. Bartholomew Docken, Level 1 Ranger (Brickdoctor)

2. Sir Christopher Daggerfall, Level 1 Knight (Fred Fred Burger)

3. Eric, Level 1 Barbarian (KhoRne)

4. Atramor Gibbin, Level 1 Rogue (CallMePieOrDie)

5. Tesni Hightribe, Level 1 Barbarian (Peppermint_M)

6. Sir Sven, Level 1 Knight (SirSven7)

7. Jess Islanti, Level 1 Rogue (cralegoboy)

8. Tomas, Level 1 Cleric (Captain Tamamono)

9. Sylph Solanum, Level 1 Cleric (Dannylonglegs)

10. Cronk, Level 1 Knight (CorneliusMurdock)

11. Thrain Longbeard, Level 1 Knight (Lego Picasso)

12. Luc Aragon, Level 1 Ranger (JediAnakin)

Quest #2: Looking Through the Wares

1. Atramor Gibbin, Level 1 Rogue (CallMePieOrDie)

2. Bartholomew Docken, Level 1 Ranger (Brickdoctor)

3. Nyx, Level 6 Mage (Pandora)

4. Signor Bacari, Level 1 Ranger (Capt.JohnPaul)

5. Lord Lawrence Boomingham, Level 1 Knight (Zepher)

6. Alexis Fenral, Level 1 Ranger (Masked Builder)

7. Eric, Level 1 Barbarian (KhoRne)

8. Rufindel Galadhras, Level 6 Cleric (Rufus)

9. Tomas, Level 1 Cleric (Captain Tamamono)

10. Hybros, Level 1 Rogue (JimButcher)

11. Luc Aragon, Level 1 Ranger (JediAnakin)

12. Ruitath Jast, Level 1 Rogue (Forestboy)

13. Elgar Gligin, Level 1 Ranger (Jedi master Brick)

14. Henry Sicariul, Level 1 Rogue (Peanuts)

Quest #3: The Missing Matriarch

1. Nyx, Level 6 Mage (Pandora)

2. Sir Gladius Stoat, Level 1 Knight (TazManiac)

3. Althior Emorith, Level 1 Mage (K-nut)

4. Rufindel Galadhras, Level 6 Cleric (Rufus)

5. Hybros, Level 1 Rogue (JimButcher)

6. Sylph Solanum, Level 1 Cleric (Dannylonglegs)

7. Cronk, Level 1 Knight (CorneliusMurdock)

8. Elgar Gligin, Level 1 Ranger (Jedi master Brick)

9. Luc Aragon, Level 1 Ranger (JediAnakin)

10. Signor Bacari, Level 1 Ranger (Capt.JohnPaul)

11. Bob, Level 1 Mage (Sirius Black)

12. Cinna the Dark, Level 1 Mage (darkdragon)

13. Namyrra Uq, Level 1 Mage (Quarryman)

14. Alexis Fenral, Level 1 Ranger (Masked Builder)

Jess awoke in the inn. How long have I been out? Jess wondered to herself. No matter, let's go see what all my friends at Heroica Hall are doing.

Jess walked into Scheherazade's bar, taking a quick look around, she spotted Eric and Tesni. Smiling, Jess ordered a beer and some stew, and went and sat by her barbarian friends.

"Hello! What a fine day it is today! What have you barbarians been up to?" Jess asked, feeling renewed after a good night's sleep.

Hybros spots the Mage, Namyrra, stride in. She has a distinct aura of darkness surrounding her, he thought. Much like my people.

"Hello", Hybros said to the new arrival. "Your homeland... what's it like there?".

Namyrra looked up from her scroll and noticed the annoying little imp trying to get her attention. With a sigh she put away her scroll and mentally prepared for some unnecessary social interaction with a youngling.

"In Fenario it is dark, always dark. I don't think a youngling like you who are still afraid of the Night would survive there for very long."

Everyone seemed busy and the moment, so Bartholomew decided it was a good time to explore Eubric some more. Rising, he picked up his bow and departed the Hall.

"Ah Jess! I was swimming in the sea. I slept in the hall and needed to freshen. Was your inn good? I think I will sleep in a bed next time I need it!"